Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th April 2014, 17:05   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium

Congratulations Anoop_SG on acuisition of Ted. A very nice and detailed ownership review with lots of beautiful pictures. Ecosport makes head turn and your's look wonderful in White.

Enjoy your Ride. Drive safe

Last edited by Apple Master : 18th April 2014 at 17:08.
Apple Master is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2014, 12:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
By the way which variant have you opted for ? And which colour ?
I opted for Mars Red Titanium Option. Delivery is promised within two months. They wanted me to give them a second color choice, but as i am paying through my nose i was specific with what i like most. I am also over my budget thanks to price increase which happened since last year.
Samfromindia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 20:56   #18
BHPian

Cool Ted gets a Chinese make over !

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had ordered some accessories from China, which arrived on Thursday. And since it was a long weekend, I managed (with help from my cousins) to install most of them in the car.

I had been a follower of the ownership review posted by Ecosport Rules and was intrigued by the options available in China for the accessories. I had ordered stuff from Aliexpress and was happy with their service, but the long wait for delivery was something which my impatient mind was not happy with. I happen to work in a project with Chinese client, which enabled me to travel to to China (Shanghai) few times recently and was thinking of sourcing stuff myself during my next visit, sometime in May. But as luck would have it, an unplanned client meeting was scheduled last weekend, for which my reporting manager had to travel to Shanghai. Quickly called up my Chinese colleague in Shanghai and asked him to place order for some items. He was of huge help in finding out the corresponding listing in the online shopping sites and sending it to me. He also paid for the items and took the pains to keep them in his custody. The plan was for my manager to bring those when he returned from his meeting - little did he know the amount of items waiting for him

Details of the items purchased and pictures :

1. Tyre caps with Ford logo - Rs 220

Name:  DSC_5852.JPG
Views: 3656
Size:  167.0 KB
Package of the item - also contains 1 key chain.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5859.jpg
Solid metal caps with good finish.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5935.jpg
After installation.

2. Door and cup holder mats - Rs 160

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5863.jpg
These were listed as 'storage pit mats' in the online site.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5895.jpg
These fit perfectly in each of the storage holes.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5907.jpg
These glow in the night - yet to test it out though. Will post pictures once done.

3. Steering wheel cover - Rs 150

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5860.jpg

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5914.jpg
Gives the steering a meaty feeling, which I had wanted.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5916.jpg

4. Door Edge protector - Rs 75

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5884.jpg
These, unlike the door protectors available here (eg. ipop), actually protects the edges from scratches which are common while parking in office parking lots and other congested areas. These protects the edges as well as the body of other nearby parked cars. Very useful item IMHO.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5886.jpg
Has 2 pieces for each door. Comes with 3M sticker for sticking it. I have not used it, and has just placed it in the door edges - fits tightly.

5. Scuff plates - Rs 490

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5887.jpg
Has a glossy finish to it and looks good against the white body.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5889.jpg
Close up shot. Installed using 3M tapes that comes with it.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5890.jpg
Comes as a set of 4, 2 each for front and rear.

6. Seat covers - Rs 1800

These are 3D mesh type polyester mix cloth type covers specifically made for Ecosport. The only problem was that that the provision for lumbar support knob and handrest was present in the passenger side seat cover instead of driver side seat cover (since Chinese ES is LH drive). Got around this by swapping the 2 covers and cutting small holes to accommodate both these. Had to remove the handrest and lumbar support cap for the installation.

- The material has a very nice feel to it.
- Does not absorb heat at all.
- Completely DIY-able.
- comes with 2 neck pillows.
- perfect fit for the ES.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5892.jpg
40:60 Split available.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5904.jpg
Front seats have Ford logo in them. Looks neat.

7. 3D mats - Rs 600

These are not of the same quality of star or Kagu mats, but are of the same quality of mats for which I was quoted 2500 in local accessories shop. Fit is not perfect - but for the price, it's perfect ! These don'y have Velcro to hold them in place, but these fit snugly that they don't move about.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5898.jpg
Driver side mat.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5910.jpg
Passenger side.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5911.jpg
Rear mats

8. Sporty pedals - Rs 500

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5902.jpg
These do not involve drilling - just remove the existing rubber caps and install them by tightening the metal clips.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5903.jpg
These offer good grip compared to OEM ones and also enhances the looks.

9. Trunk mat - Rs 240

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5920.jpg
Fits the trunk perfectly.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5923.jpg

10. Rear bumper guard - Rs 950

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5925.jpg
Made of SS, this offers protection to the bumper surface from scratches that can come while loading and unloading things to the trunk.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5926.jpg
Installed using 3M tape that come with the item.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5928.jpg
Has provision to accommodate the hydraulic arm that holds the boot door.

11. Spare wheel cover - Rs 350

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5918.jpg
Not a perfect fitting cover for the spare wheel - but serves the purpose of protecting it from the elements. Made sporty using some decals

And finally - the TBHP sticker going into the front quarter glass panels on both sides.

Ted - A Diamond White Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium-dsc_5937.jpg
Anoop_SG is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 21:33   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Ted gets a Chinese make over !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
As I mentioned in my previous post, I had ordered some accessories from China, which arrived on Thursday. And since it was a long weekend, I managed (with help from my cousins) to install most of them in the car.
That's some serious shopping. Really liked some of the stuffs like the trunk mats, seat covers, scuff plates, truck loading guard and the floor mats. Those floor mats look pretty vfm. I badly need those 3D mats but want to shell out 5k-6k for mats. I think it's time for some shopping . Thanks for the sharing the details. I'm actually looking for those front bumper appliques and frameless wipers (which I bought last week) but didnt get the rear wipers.
naveen.raju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 21:37   #20
BHPian

Hi Anoop, thanks for sharing such a detailed section on the cosmetic mods. Aliexpress is a real haven for Ecosport accessories. I plan to order some items like the 16 pc mats, sporty pedals and short antenna. Can you let me know how long does it take for Aliexpress to deliver within China? I don't have any trips planned but will ask my colleagues going there to get it for me.
srinath34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 21:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
That's some serious shopping. Really liked some of the stuffs like the trunk mats, seat covers, scuff plates, truck loading guard and the floor mats. Those floor mats look pretty vfm. I badly need those 3D mats but want to shell out 5k-6k for mats. I think it's time for some shopping . Thanks for the sharing the details. I'm actually looking for those front bumper appliques and frameless wipers (which I bought last week) but didnt get the rear wipers.
Look for bumper appliques in Ali express. You can get the front and rear one together for the price of front bumper that the dealer is quoting. The only problem might be installation, but I think it can be done by a good workshop.

I think all these items are unbelievably cheaper if you source from China. I had to buy a new suitcase to get these, even then the over all cost seams quite low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Hi Anoop, thanks for sharing such a detailed section on the cosmetic mods. Aliexpress is a real haven for Ecosport accessories. I plan to order some items like the 16 pc mats, sporty pedals and short antenna. Can you let me know how long does it take for Aliexpress to deliver within China? I don't have any trips planned but will ask my colleagues going there to get it for me.
I am not sure if Aliexpress delivers within China - Ecosport Rules had mentioned that they do, but I couldn't get info on how. I had these things ordered via Tmall and Taobao sites. These are in Chinese, but of you open them in Chrome browser, you can get the translated version. Also, the prices are lower in these sites than Ali express.
Anoop_SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 09:15   #22
BHPian

All your goods seem to be great. Im a bit skeptical about the cheap plastic goods inside the car because if made of cheap plastic can be toxic for you and your family. Especially in indian conditions where it gets very hot.
The rubber mat in the boot can start smelling and the plastic can give off toxins which you will inhale and not even know. I think you can get mats which are certified toxin free for a similar amount of money here. I got a whole set for 2500 which includes the boot. These ones are made in 3 layers. Same goes for the other steering wheel etc. Though it looks great. Its possible it can be safe but I wont take the chance. Its like buying cheap Chinese plastic toys which are toxic and banned in western countries. I understand that most things which we get in India are probably sourced from China too and are similarly made. But no harm in trying to get something safer.
sunny1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 10:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
All your goods seem to be great. Im a bit skeptical about the cheap plastic goods inside the car because if made of cheap plastic can be toxic for you and your family. Especially in indian conditions where it gets very hot.
The rubber mat in the boot can start smelling and the plastic can give off toxins which you will inhale and not even know. I think you can get mats which are certified toxin free for a similar amount of money here. I got a whole set for 2500 which includes the boot. These ones are made in 3 layers. Same goes for the other steering wheel etc. Though it looks great. Its possible it can be safe but I wont take the chance. Its like buying cheap Chinese plastic toys which are toxic and banned in western countries. I understand that most things which we get in India are probably sourced from China too and are similarly made. But no harm in trying to get something safer.
Got your point - and I am worried a bit. Never thought it from that angle

But as you said, most of the items that are available in the accessories shop are the same items as these - I have personally checked them out. So the same problem may arise. Even the front bumper applique sold by the dealer in Kairali Ford are sourced from China.

Hopefully it will be alright, but will keep watch on the same - Thanks for the advise.
Anoop_SG is offline   Reply With Quote