Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th November 2016, 10:01   #46
BHPian

Default Re: An "adopted" Blue eyed boy: Pre-owned Maruti WagonR

I have driven about a 100 kms after the service and lower arm change. Initial reactions are:

- RoadRunner feels tighter and sure-footed around corners. I know people will laugh at me for using WagonR and corners in the same sentence, but it feels much better now

- Airflow from the AC has increased significantly and is more than sufficient for the summers. My benchmark was my friend's Baleno Alpha which is why I felt the airflow to be low. May be I check another WagonR to be double sure. The cabin filter was removed rather than being replaced. I am undecided whether to put a new one (and reduce the airflow slightly).

- Brake bite is back. I'm going easy on the new pads for a few hundred kms.

- I filled nitrogen in my tyres while getting the alignment done. 33 psi in all four. I feel the comfort levels are same as I get with 32 psi of normal air. A run on the ORR is pending to test the overall alignment work.

RoadRunner completed 1 year 1 month with me in Hyderabad and has run ~16.5 kms in this time. It includes 3 long highway trips:

1. BBSR-HYD: 1200 kms (in 1 day)
2. HYD-BLR-HYD: 1200 kms (over 2 days)
3. HYD-BLR-HYD: 1350 kms (over 2.5 days)

The remaining ~13k kms have been covered in the city or on the ORR runs.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2016, 10:47   #47
BHPian

Default Re: An "adopted" Blue eyed boy: Pre-owned Maruti WagonR

Finally, the RoadRunner breached the 39k kms mark on Saturday. Minor rattles are irritating, bass thump from the stock head-unit helps ignore the rattles. FE has been 14.7 kmpl with 50% AC use, 100% city.

The ticking sound from the brake caliper pin is back. I went to the FNG and he suggested to replace the caliper whenever possible. He assured me, apart from the irritating sound, that caliper would pose no problem even if I drove it for 25k kms. I will replace in the next couple of weeks when time permits. The car has to be left with the FNG where he will note down the part number and place order. It will take one day to arrive and then will be fitted.

The stock battery soldiers on. I haven't got time to replace it and it hasn't thrown any tantrums.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote