Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th July 2015, 16:47   #286
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Yes, it’s located in the same place. Unfortunately, the thermocol unit protecting the BT module has been removed by the driver, and kept aside. I hope there is not water inside the module.
If the floor was not filled with water but the carpet was just wet, chances of water ingress into the module is less. But you said you had to use a mug to pour the water out? In which case, water would have definitely gone inside. Please unplug the connector, remove the module and keep it outside the car for drying.

Quote:
If the control unit is wet under the car, My Extended warranty is void from today.
Which control module are you referring to here?
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 16:58   #287
BHPian

Quote:
This is the first time i had seen anything like this. I'm sure the water didn't come in from the doors. It's from beneath the car. And VW suggested to strip open the entire floor and clean everything.
That really hurts. Please get a thorough underbody check done. There is also a drain valve somewhere in the floor that aids to drain water incase of water logging. Ask them to check if the cap/value is intact. I guess a bad valve can let water into the floor when there is too much water beneath the car.

Quote:
Never heard of these, Can you give me a few details.
Its just a plastic sheet that covers the entire cabin floor so that accidental spilling of water/fluids don't get a chance to seep underneath. It also helps to keep the floor clean. Our own Gannu has done this to his Polo GT TDI. Watch this post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3554271

I was suggesting this under the assumption water has seeped in through the doors somehow. If it has gotten through the bottom of the car then this solution cannot be of any help. Infact it might be a pain than gain in this case.
super.cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 14:38   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
If the floor was not filled with water but the carpet was just wet, chances of water ingress into the module is less. But you said you had to use a mug to pour the water out? In which case, water would have definitely gone inside. Please unplug the connector, remove the module and keep it outside the car for drying.
Gannu, to my suprise. I did not find any BT module under the seats. On confirmation i got to know that the JET's module is a part of the audio system.

I have checked one of our forum's thread ( Black Jetta ) he had imported a module which was installed under the seat. This doesn't seem to be the case with my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Which control module are you referring to here?
I am not technically sound as you are, So i am not sure which module he was referring to. I was quiet when i was informed about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
That really hurts. Please get a thorough underbody check done. There is also a drain valve somewhere in the floor that aids to drain water incase of water logging. Ask them to check if the cap/value is intact. I guess a bad valve can let water into the floor when there is too much water beneath the car.
I don't think they have any such drain mechanism. ? I think I would have been intimated if such a thing existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.cars View Post
I was suggesting this under the assumption water has seeped in through the doors somehow. If it has gotten through the bottom of the car then this solution cannot be of any help. In fact it might be a pain than gain in this case.
I agree with you. I will have to make sure that this doesn't happen ever again.

Bought a room heater to dry the car. Also the condition seems to be better today. Left the car at 3M once again to do the vacuuming.
The car is running as it should, no warning lights, No foul smell etc. Using thick cardboard's and paper inside the cabin. Sunlight and heater should make the condition better in a couple of days.
Amarendranath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 14:51   #289
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think they have any such drain mechanism. ? I think I would have been intimated if such a thing existed.
I'am no expert at this, request Gannu/others to chime in. My only concern is to prevent this from happening second time. Happy to know your car's condition is improving.

Last edited by super.cars : 16th July 2015 at 15:01.
super.cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2015, 06:58   #290
BHPian

The floor is much better now. Another 10% of water remains. Using a room heater did help to some extent. Had this been summer, it would have been a two day work. All that i have to deal with now is the mist inside the cabin and the smell.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 25th July 2015 at 06:59.
Amarendranath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2017, 05:07   #291
BHPian

Resurrection

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-screen-shot-20170902-7.08.59-pm.png

Well, Hello There!

While I might disappeared from the forum without any updates to my thread, I have never moved away from Team-BHP. Though the content I consume from the site has significantly come down, I used to stalk my fav threads time to time. The lack of time to keep up, coupled with the fact that I did not have a car to drive has turned me into a silent invader and hence killing all my activity on the forum.

On the brighter side of things, the last two years have been quite important for me. Education had become my top priority and took over almost everything. Prior to my time here in the states, I spent most of it falling in love. That weird feeling that makes you a blind, stupid and sets you in a direction of belief. Everyone here knows my love for the JET but what may be new is the fact that it’s been two solid years since I have driven the car.

On the other side however, the unexpected happened in these two years. Right When I was building my feelings and gratitude towards VW as a brand, they had to come up with the most disgusting scandal ever heard in the automotive industry. Broke all my fancy chains I have been laying around this brand. Few threads on the forum have kept me aware of situation and software updates on the affected diesel cars. I was happy that JET wasn’t one of those affected cars, sametime felt sorry for all the BHPians who had a lot of trust in the brand. I even came across a BHPian who sold his vento post the software fix. It stinks. The whole thing.

Did it make my opinion change on the brand? Nope not one bit. Why? May be it's love or may be this stupidity. But it is what it is. Period. The heart over head nonsense makes you blind enough that you always start to look for the brighter side of things. Don’t get me wrong, I love the product and product only, but the management. I do not want to waste my energy talking about them. But then, some part of me still questions, why demean an entire brand because one negligent department screwed up big time. I mean, I live a country where a decent amount of the population screwed up electing their next best leader and are facing the consequences. At least VW made it up to their customers with the Arteon and the new 2018 Polo line up and the T-Roc.

While we could debate on the integrity of the brand, today is not the day.

Then what am I doing here on an outdated thread? blabbering and trying to piss off people with my rant? This love bug bit me yet once again and as a result, I end up making a heart over the head decision. Again.

Introducing JET 2.0 - My Jetta GLI

While you hit on your head (or mine) with something hard, I have owned the car for a couple of months now and had done about 9k miles. I now have the best of both worlds. The oil burner back home, the pouncing cat at home away from home. I will not bore you guys with what the car feels like. The entire Jetta thread is aware of the GLI and it’s power. This short video will sum it up for me.

While I don’t see myself driving Audi’s or Mercs, the other German brands that I have the same level of respect are the Volvo’s and Beamers. An important question here would be, “Will I ever hate this brand?” may be, may be not. So far my entire family’s experience with VW has been hassle free. No breakdowns, no issues, no headaches. I hope and pray it remains that way. Touch wood. In fact, the JET now has a sibling (who wears a VW on his hood) back home. Will I ever choose the above mentioned cars over VW. May be, may be not. Only time will tell.

May be someday when the cars give up on me, I might feel the pain and curse a word or two about the brand, be done with them and move on to a better brand with a better management. But until then #VWforlife Thanks for spending some time here. This time around, went with white. Enjoy!

Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-1.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-2.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-3.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-4.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-5.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-6.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-7.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-8.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-9.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-10.jpg
Tempest blue metallic VW Jetta DSG has arrived!-11.jpg

Last edited by Amarendranath : 3rd September 2017 at 05:15.
Amarendranath is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote