Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 15:57   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,739
Thanked: 2,150 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post

Thanks to robimahanta!
Brilliant psuraj, I have been longing for some of these tweaks as well on my GT, but have not had any time over weekends.

I was just wondering if the 'Needle Sweep' on ignition can be activated through VCDS. I would love to have this done along with the lane indicator flash increased to 5.
Vik0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 16:20   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Sorry Vik0728, yes he did activate that also. I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding. It is all together a 15 minutes task including the full scan. We need to meet up and request Robbie again! Anyone else you know of? So we can go all go together provided robbie doesn't mind.

Link I just uploaded for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II93...ature=youtu.be
psuraj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 15:58   #18
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 507
Thanked: 358 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
Sorry Vik0728, yes he did activate that also. I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding. It is all together a 15 minutes task including the full scan. We need to meet up and request Robbie again! Anyone else you know of? So we can go all go together provided robbie doesn't mind.

Link I just uploaded for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II93...ature=youtu.be

Hey is it possible to get the VCDS scan from Robbie of your car? i need to compare my Instrument cluster version both SW and HW to be sure if staging is due to newer HW or just a sw update.

my scan is

Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels: 5K0-920-xxx-17.clb
Part No SW: 6RF 920 860 F HW: 6RF 920 860 F
Component: KOMBI H03 0103
Serial number: 00000000000000
Coding: 140A00
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 16:06   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hey is it possible to get the VCDS scan from Robbie of your car? i need to compare my Instrument cluster version both SW and HW to be sure if staging is due to newer HW or just a sw update.

my scan is

Address 17: Instruments (J285) Labels: 5K0-920-xxx-17.clb
Part No SW: 6RF 920 860 F HW: 6RF 920 860 F
Component: KOMBI H03 0103
Serial number: 00000000000000
Coding: 140A00
I dont have the scan log with me right now. Robbie has said that he will mail it to me as soon as he becomes free. 95% It will work on yours also newton meter. It is a simple selection in VCDS. It is not in the name of staging so please beware that is totally different. 1st gen GT TDi is nothing but a vento without a boot and stiffened front spings. Rest all is the same mechanically and electrically.
Have you bought the VCDS cable along with the software?
psuraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 16:14   #20
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 507
Thanked: 358 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
I dont have the scan log with me right now. Robbie has said that he will mail it to me as soon as he becomes free. 95% It will work on yours also newton meter. It is a simple selection in VCDS. It is not in the name of staging so please beware that is totally different. 1st gen GT TDi is nothing but a vento without a boot and stiffened front spings. Rest all is the same mechanically and electrically.
Have you bought the VCDS cable along with the software?
Hopefully - yes i have VCDS - with SW.

I tried staging and Instrument Celebration - no luck.

2 possibilities - i can have older Library files of my VCDS
or My instrument cluster SW is older version.
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 16:20   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Hopefully - yes i have VCDS - with SW.

I tried staging and Instrument Celebration - no luck.

2 possibilities - i can have older Library files of my VCDS
or My instrument cluster SW is older version.
Can you PM me your details. I don't have PM feature. It is not Celebration or Staging for sure. If you can give me the list of options, I will let you know.
Rest all important things like tear wipe and emergency brake blink is activated ?
psuraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 16:28   #22
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 507
Thanked: 358 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
Can you PM me your details. I don't have PM feature. It is not Celebration or Staging for sure. If you can give me the list of options, I will let you know.
Rest all important things like tear wipe and emergency brake blink is activated ?

Yes all key functions activated as you mentioned - mail me at shardeep@gmail.com
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 16:39   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Yes all key functions activated as you mentioned - mail me at shardeep@gmail.com
Cheers.Will send you a mail.We will wait for Robbie to become free and we can visit him along with some other people who also want important things which should be activated. We should make a mini meet for this I think.

For all the people who Have GT TSi and TDi, Vento and polo, there is a reference thread for all the various VCDS tweaks by Robbie. ESP setting is only applicable to TSi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...skoda-etc.html
psuraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 17:08   #24
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 611
Thanked: 1,575 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Yes all key functions activated as you mentioned - mail me at shardeep@gmail.com

It is in Instruments >Adaptation >Indicator Celebration.
But I believe you need software version 12.12.2 for it. With version 11 the option was not available. Try it out. I do not have the log file with me as I am out of town, will send across the details once I am back.
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 17:47   #25
BHPian
 
newtonMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 507
Thanked: 358 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
It is in Instruments >Adaptation >Indicator Celebration.
But I believe you need software version 12.12.2 for it. With version 11 the option was not available. Try it out. I do not have the log file with me as I am out of town, will send across the details once I am back.
i coudnt do it with 12.12.0
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2014, 23:30   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 40 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuraj View Post
Cheers.Will send you a mail.We will wait for Robbie to become free and we can visit him along with some other people who also want important things which should be activated. We should make a mini meet for this I think.

For all the people who Have GT TSi and TDi, Vento and polo, there is a reference thread for all the various VCDS tweaks by Robbie. ESP setting is only applicable to TSi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...skoda-etc.html
Hi Robbie & Psuraj,

I wish to join with you people to get those VCDs tweaks for my Vento. Please let me know when you people are free.
CRV2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 20:01   #27
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 611
Thanked: 1,575 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default VW Polo GT TDI: Initial Ownership Report

Guys figure out a place with decent parking space(preferably in koramangala) and if you can all coordinate I can get the VCDS tweaks for all of you together on the same day. I am free on 7th Aug and then again on 19th and 20th. Let me know.
robimahanta is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 20:16   #28
BHPian
 
KevinP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 58 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Guys figure out a place with decent parking space(preferably in koramangala) and if you can all coordinate I can get the VCDS tweaks for all of you together on the same day. I am free on 7th Aug and then again on 19th and 20th. Let me know.
If this works on my Rapid please count me in!
KevinP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 23:43   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 40 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Guys figure out a place with decent parking space(preferably in koramangala) and if you can all coordinate I can get the VCDS tweaks for all of you together on the same day. I am free on 7th Aug and then again on 19th and 20th. Let me know.
thank you robbie, we shall decide on the place with decent parking
CRV2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 11:32   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 50 Times
Default re: 2013 Flash Red VW Polo 1.6 GT TDI Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Hi Robbie & Psuraj,

I wish to join with you people to get those VCDs tweaks for my Vento. Please let me know when you people are free.
Will PM you when and where we are meeting on 7th August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Guys figure out a place with decent parking space(preferably in koramangala) and if you can all coordinate I can get the VCDS tweaks for all of you together on the same day. I am free on 7th Aug and then again on 19th and 20th. Let me know.
I am not so familiar with koramangala so sorry for that. We will meet on 7th August only. earlier we meet it is better right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
If this works on my Rapid please count me in!
You are welcome to join us. We can give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
thank you robbie, we shall decide on the place with decent parking
Any suggestions?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I have been longing for some of these tweaks as well on my GT, but have not had any time over weekends.
Can you join us on 7th of August if you are free?
psuraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flash Red VW Polo GT TDI - Little Beast EDIT: Sold! Schoudhury Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 92 6th September 2015 22:15
My new affair: Flash red VW Polo GT TSI greenh0rn Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 15th April 2015 14:00
My 2014 Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance, Flash Red Horizon81 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 38 24th September 2014 01:40
Initial ownership report: Red Indigo CS LX Tdi Akadian Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 23rd August 2009 23:46
Corsair Flash Voyager 8 gb flash disk - Corrupt? nishantgandhi Gadgets, Computers & Software 5 28th July 2009 14:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks