Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th August 2014, 12:25   #16
BHPian

Default Re: My new ride - Volkswagen Vento TDI Highline

Hi Rama,

I got the Hella super Tone series I think. They ones with red grills. There is only one model available in India. Though the box contained the relay point, still was not required it seems. you may also re-check and reconfirm on your end this particular aspect.

This is a pair and be sure to fix them some where near the grill or air vents. Mine I had got it fixed behind the bumper where the oem horns was sitting. But this being very loud when compared to the oem, most of the sound I filtering in and it gets pretty nasty on the inside.

I think I will have to re-locate the horns.

Last edited by Padcot Prakash : 4th August 2014 at 12:34.
Padcot Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 15:18   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on your Vento! That white looks very classy! Wishing you many miles!

I would like to know where you got your Number plates from in CBE ? I would like to get them for my car as well.

Cheers!
sai
sai_ace is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 16:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. Great car and a nice set of plates to complement it!

My Vento is almost a year old, and I'm loving every bit of it.

You will never get tired of the the power surge and the sheer build quality!

Drive safe.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 16:26   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post
Congratulations on your Vento! That white looks very classy! Wishing you many miles!

I would like to know where you got your Number plates from in CBE ? I would like to get them for my car as well.

Cheers!
sai
Almost all car decor guys do these IND no. plates. However I got them done with sun combine on rto road (skp hotel compound).

The fonts style are standard for IND plates, you can get the letters and nos placed as you like it.

Mine are sticker type. But it's better to have it screwed

One more thing, you could go for the indian flag instead of the supppsed to be of european union!

I realized this only after it was done.

Total cost Rs.1000/- for a set of front and back.
Padcot Prakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 22:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Hey brilliant review, my car too is a Jube 14 model however the boot does not open via the flip key. It has to opened from inside the car or with the mechanical key do you also face the same problem?.
You have to long press the boot opening button on the remote key for approx 2-3 seconds. Initially I had this confusion also, the SA cleared it at the time of delivery.
aak91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2014, 22:54   #21
Team-BHP Support

Many congrats Prakashbhai. Wishing you many happy miles with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
Hey brilliant review, my car too is a Jube 14 model however the boot does not open via the flip key.
Long press the boot open button on the keyfob and it should open the boot. However, since the Vento's boot doesn't have springs, the boot lid will not open by itself. There is a very simple DIY to get it done however:

If this hasn't been enabled in your car, it will require a simple VCDS hack. I recall having read it somewhere as the earlier Vento and Polo models did not open the boot after long-pressing the button whereas the current gen. ones do.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 01:50   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the new buy Prakash! I'm from Pollachi and got my vento HL TDI from the same guys you got it at. But way back in nov 2012. This is great car for long drives and city drives alike. Small things will keep surprising you as the months go by.

Almost 3 yrs and 40000km later, I am still smitten by it. Everyday it continues to surprise me in one way or another, be it a speed breaker which I think my car can't cross without scraping or my granny's extra large suitcase which she travels with, I am quietly amazed by its multifaceted quality. You will love this car.

And my only advice, belt up, bro. Always. Be it a milk run or a speed run.

And may I ask where is the 3M in coimbatore at? Been in Pondi for quite a while doing my super specialty and the city has changed from the way I remember it.
Doc_nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 11:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Congrats on the new buy Prakash! I'm from Pollachi and got my vento HL TDI from the same guys you got it at. But way back in nov 2012. This is great car for long drives and city drives alike. Small things will keep surprising you as the months go by.

Almost 3 yrs and 40000km later, I am still smitten by it. Everyday it continues to surprise me in one way or another, be it a speed breaker which I think my car can't cross without scraping or my granny's extra large suitcase which she travels with, I am quietly amazed by its multifaceted quality. You will love this car.

And my only advice, belt up, bro. Always. Be it a milk run or a speed run.

And may I ask where is the 3M in coimbatore at? Been in Pondi for quite a while doing my super specialty and the city has changed from the way I remember it.

Hi Nikhil, Thanks.

With all the feedback from present owners , Im confident it will be a good companion as you said in the city and highways as well.

Im itching to take the car out for a long drive. A possible run to chennai in the next couple of days ( or next week ) seem happening. Thats when both of us will come to know each other a little better !

Yes, the city's landscape is now fast changing - except for the coimbatore / Pollachi road !!

3M is located on Trichy Road. With the TAFE service centre compound ( Opposite to Richmond Hospital , next to Vivekalaya School ). This place also has a Castrol Pit Stop. dont know if the pit stop is any good.

Happy driving !
Padcot Prakash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 12:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
since the Vento's boot doesn't have springs, the boot lid will not open by itself. There is a very simple DIY to get it done however:
Hi Gaanu, Vento' boot does have springs. You can have 3 settings to it.
CRV2010 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 12:30   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Hi Gaanu, Vento' boot does have springs. You can have 3 settings to it.
Ok then I stand corrected. I know the Jetta’s boot has a spring hidden beneath the boot trim. Is this the same for the Vento as well?
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 12:41   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Ok then I stand corrected. I know the Jetta’s boot has a spring hidden beneath the boot trim. Is this the same for the Vento as well?
Yes, thats right. Thats how it is. For jetta you need to remove the trims, but incase of vento it is pretty much visible from the sides itself.

But whether the springs of vento are capable to opening the boot ( after changing the settings or capacity of the spring ) all the way up , needs to be seen.
Padcot Prakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 13:52   #27
BHPian

Hi Prakash,

Congrats and Thanks for bringing up the ownership thread.

Well My position is similar to yours. Trying to replace 5.5 years old swift for my wife. Have a SUV and did wanted a Sedan but Wife prefers Hatch-back. Its now between Grand i10 Vs Polo.
Personally would have loved Vento or Honda City.
Regarding boot opening by remote. I think Volkswagen have deliberately avoided the setting on Polo as doors are heavier in Polo (with rear glass) when compared to vento
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2014, 16:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Gaanu Sir,

There are 3 holes in the boot which holds this springs where we can adjust it. We can get the boot open up to the top like you have shown in the video by just moving the spring to the last hole.
CRV2010 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 00:52   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
Hi Nikhil, Thanks.

With all the feedback from present owners , Im confident it will be a good companion as you said in the city and highways as well.

Im itching to take the car out for a long drive. A possible run to chennai in the next couple of days ( or next week ) seem happening. Thats when both of us will come to know each other a little better !

Yes, the city's landscape is now fast changing - except for the coimbatore / Pollachi road !!

3M is located on Trichy Road. With the TAFE service centre compound ( Opposite to Richmond Hospital , next to Vivekalaya School ). This place also has a Castrol Pit Stop. dont know if the pit stop is any good.

Happy driving !
The Chennai run should just be the thing to break the ice between you and your car (Have you named her yet?). My first long run was from pollachi-salem-krishnagiri-kuppam with an overnight stay(my wife was doing her postgrad there, how can I go on without her giving a seal of approval for dear dark passenger)-chittoor-renigunta-nellore-vijayawada-khammam(my study place at that time). Trip came to about 1300km almost and my car had run about 500km by then. Vividly remember crossing 1000km on the odo at 80-90kmph and then, I was just enjoying my car's torque every time I needed to overtake a vehicle. Wishing you a safe and a lovely bonding trip.

Thanks for the update on the location of 3M. Will check it out when I'm in town next time. And ya, pollachi-coimbatore road badly needs a change, its so crowded these days.
Doc_nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 08:56   #30
BHPian

Hi Prakash,congrats on your new buy.
I'm from Kerala and a fellow vento owner myself.My Blue Stallion is 1 year old now and still doesnt cease to amaze me.Plasters a grin on my face every single time I take her out Enjoy your ride and wish you many happy miles ahead
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote