Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th August 2014, 20:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Maruti Suzuki Swift ZDi - Japanese car with an Italian heart

Congratulations on the Swift giri! You would've already got glimpses by now,but anyway this is one fun car to drive. Whether its a quick 2km dash or a 500km long journey,I never comeback without a smile on my face. It fun,fun and some more fun

Wish you a great ownership experience with your Swift
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 20:44   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Congrats Giri and welcome to the swifters club .
I would suggest to do the underbelly coating and PPF for side mirrors. Follow the instructions in break in thread to get the bast out of your car. Hope you havent came across any rattles so far.
Thanks devil_klm, Will get underbelly coating and PPF for side mirrors, I am planning to get PPF for part below the door handles, they seem to get scratched quickly. Right now I am bit busy with business and we are shifting our home soon, panning to do all the minuscule mods after that.

Below you can find the link for door handle PPF

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8pcs-...742193806.html

Thankfully car is rattle free as of now, I drive around carefully due to fear of possible ratting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Congratulations on the Swift giri! You would've already got glimpses by now,but anyway this is one fun car to drive. Whether its a quick 2km dash or a 500km long journey,I never comeback without a smile on my face. It fun,fun and some more fun

Wish you a great ownership experience with your Swift
Thanks shashank.nk, on paper 74HP doesn't sound impressive but engine has been tuned to get the best out of it! improved suspension just adds up to the FTD factor.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 24th August 2014 at 20:50.
giri1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 20:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post

Thanks devil_klm, Will get underbelly coating and PPF for side mirrors, I am planning to get PPF for part below the door handles, they seem to get scratched quickly. Right now I am bit busy with business and we are shifting our home soon, panning to do all the minuscule mods after that.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/8pcs-...742193806.html

Thankfully car is rattle free as of now, I drive around carefully due to fear of possible ratting
I had done ppl under door handles and door edges as well. Missed the mirrors which are getting hit by biker's frequently. Another good fitting will be door scuff plates.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 20:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
I had done ppl under door handles and door edges as well. Missed the mirrors which are getting hit by biker's frequently. Another good fitting will be door scuff plates.
Chennai traffic is not as bad as Bangalore, been driving for almost for almost 3 years and never scratched RVMs till now, if I was in Bangalore I wound have wrapped my entire car
Old 24th August 2014, 21:17   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to get PPF for part below the door handles, they seem to get scratched quickly.

I did PPF application for door edges and door handle recess, details in the below post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3342171

Instead of buying it from there, go to 3M store in your city and get it done there. They'll do it better and cleaner. There must be no bubbles for longevity.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2014, 21:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I did PPF application for door edges and door handle recess, details in the below post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3342171

Instead of buying it from there, go to 3M store in your city and get it done there. They'll do it better and cleaner. There must be no bubbles for longevity.

Anurag.
I've wrapped(matte wrap) entire bonnet of my old ride and my friend's fiesta, so I could do this myself I guess , will be going to 3M for underbody coating, might opt for PPF if I don't have time to do it.

Edit: can you please suggest good upgrade from stock horn?
Old 25th August 2014, 14:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats on the Swift ZDi. It is indeed a brilliant all rounder. Any reason for not considering the 2012 i20? You would have got some good discounts on the remaining stock.

Also, can you please elaborate on what and how exactly is the structure of the Indian version of the Grand i10 compromised as that of international markets.
S2!!! is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 17:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hey congrats on the Swift ZDi. It is indeed a brilliant all rounder. Any reason for not considering the 2012 i20? You would have got some good discounts on the remaining stock.

Also, can you please elaborate on what and how exactly is the structure of the Indian version of the Grand i10 compromised as that of international markets.
Thanks S2, If the i20 had slightly stiffer suspension I would have went for it, it's indeed a good car except for the handling part. Guess new one will have better setup similar to i10 grand!

I read about grand's structural difference in this forum, sadly I couldn't recollect it, will post if I manage to find it.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 25th August 2014 at 17:50.
Old 19th December 2014, 07:54   #24
BHPian

Quick updates:
Car hasn't run much, just covered 3.5K km till now but will clock exponentially once my business starts moving faster. Planning to install fabric seat covers, but will they be of any use ?
Old 19th December 2014, 08:04   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Planning to install fabric seat covers, but will they be of any use ?
Fabric seats would mean more dirty accumulation in-turn more attention required on interior cleaning.

It depends on how frequently you are willing to clean the seats 'properly'. They'll absorb moisture so foul smell to would be an issue.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 08:10   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Fabric seats would mean more dirty accumulation in-turn more attention required on interior cleaning.

It depends on how frequently you are willing to clean the seats 'properly'. They'll absorb moisture so foul smell to would be an issue.

Anurag.
Never thought choosing seat cover would be the hardest choice to make I don't like the artificial leather and other ones as most of my drives are long highway runs and it starts to sweat like crazy, have to keep weather conditions here in mind too! is there any other way around this?
Old 29th August 2015, 12:42   #27
BHPian

Update after a long time: Car has covered only 7.5K km as of now, been using my bikes mostly for commuting. Completed 3 free services as of now, changed oil and oil filter, no issues as expected
Old 17th May 2017, 11:42   #28
BHPian

Quick update after a long time!

Car has clocked almost 30K km as of now, zero issues so far with the car and A.S.S!

Wear and tear:
Tyres have worn out considerably thanks to few long rides to the eastern ghats.
Battery is still good, need to get it checked once it reaches the 3 year mark.
Paint looks as good as new after waxing.
Brake pads have good amount of life left.
Alignment and balancing was done, very little adjustment was needed.

Will post a more detailed update with pics very soon!