Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th August 2015, 10:10   #106
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
[left]As soon as I received the call, I dashed over to MASS and gave them all a real blast for their devil-may-care attitude and callous negligence. Thankfully, the manager Sambhu Agrawal stepped in and assured me that all the damaged panels will be replaced free of charge and I shall have our Silver Queen by 10 AM today.

When I was leaving just before closure time yesterday evening, I saw the paint shop guys working hard on a new front bumper, spraying it with silver paint and prepping it as the replacement for Silver Queen's damaged front bumper
Why such a hurry? Painting job done overnight and delivered by 10AM? What sort of paint quality to expect overnight. There's no way all coats of paint and clear will look like factory paint overnight. No matter how good it looks, this is thook patti work. They need to add the primer, let the primer dry then the base coat, top coat and clear coat.

I wouldn't insist on overnight work but rather let them take their time and give me back perfectly painted panel. Unless you are ok with minor defects in the painting which there will be 100%. There's no way to avoid that.

The work should take 2 full days minimum. How are you assured the front fender will be replaced and not tinkered?
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 16:36   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
One of the many reasons I have made a habit of getting all my cars serviced with me personally standing beside it.
I used to do that before, but that meant missing a full day at work. And since nothing untoward ever happened with any of our Maruti cars before, there was no way of knowing this would have happened this time. I suspect this little accident would have happened even if I would have been there in person.

Quote:
However thankfully, they have accepted their fault and are taking corrective measures.
Indeed. And that's very commendable. Having a school friend for a dealership manager helps, immensely!

Quote:
But the attitude of HMIL was disgusting.
Sad to hear about your experience. Hope my Creta doesn't have to go through something on similar lines.

Quote:
Do update the thread with the repaired pictures. I hope she comes to her early glory soon.
Thanks, Shashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Why such a hurry? Painting job done overnight and delivered by 10AM?
Thanks, Viddy.

Delivery was given at 1 PM, actually. They insisted that the paint needed drying, so the car was in the heat chamber all morning. Since there was no denting work involved and they were doing all-new panels, so the time taken for the entire work was acceptable.

Quote:
There's no way all coats of paint and clear will look like factory paint overnight. No matter how good it looks, this is thook patti work. They need to add the primer, let the primer dry then the base coat, top coat and clear coat.
Panels and front/rear bumpers come as one piece directly from the factory. They add plastic primers to the bumper, leave it to dry inside the heat chamber for a couple of hours, then apply the paint and leave it overnight inside the leftover simmering heat of the heat chamber to dry overnight.

They started their work at 4 PM yesterday, almost immediately after the accident. By the time they left (around 7:30-8 PM), they had applied the plastic primers and the first (base) coat and left the panels to dry.

Moreover, the paints in pearl finish, specially White, require 3 coats these days. Normal paints (in my case Silver) need only 2 coats, out of which the base coat is applied thoroughly well and left to dry for 12 hours, then the top/clear coat is applied.

Quote:
I wouldn't insist on overnight work but rather let them take their time and give me back perfectly painted panel. Unless you are ok with minor defects in the painting which there will be 100%. There's no way to avoid that.
Absolutely no defects in their painting work. I inspected all the new replacement panels quite closely, and am fully satisfied with their work. In fact, I was told to leave the car in the sun till evening, for the paint to get back it's glaze, and I am happy to report (now) that it's as shiny as new!

Quote:
The work should take 2 full days minimum. How are you assured the front fender will be replaced and not tinkered?
The dealership manager is my school mate. Our friendship is still pretty tight, even today.

And, see for yourself in the photographic evidence which follows:

For anyone who is curious as to where the horns are located.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_105944.jpg

The damaged side panel and the left headlamp.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_105745.jpg

The damaged front bumper.
You can see a brand-new front bumper (in black) behind it.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_110105.jpg

Boys hard at work at Silver Queen's new bumper.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_110118.jpg

The all-new panel back in place.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_110149.jpg

All-new front bumper & left headlamp fitted.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_120808.jpg

Close look at the new left headlamp.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_120816.jpg

Close look at the new side panel.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_120822.jpg

Silver Queen back to her full glory, ready to be driven out.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_120759.jpg

3rd Free Service at 5338 KMS:

Work done:

- Engine Oil & Oil Filter changed.
- All regular top-ups (coolant, distilled water, etc.)
- AC Filter, Air Filter cleaned.
- Underbody & brakes checked.
- Paint touch-up jobs completed.
- New front bumper, new passenger-side front panel & new front headlamp changed.

Charges:

Oil Filter = Rs.78.95
Distilled Water = Rs.13.16
Screen Wash 50 = Rs.13.16
Synthetic Oil (5W30) Castrol = Rs.1713.15 (Rs.552.63 per ltr for 3.1 ltrs)

TOTAL = Rs.1818.42
VAT @ 14% = Rs.254.57

GRAND TOTAL = Rs.2072.99
ROUNDED OFF = Rs.2,073/-

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20150818_165054.jpg

Paint touch-up charges were waived off.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 18th August 2015 at 16:54.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2015, 11:24   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Dad's Silver Queen crossed the 6,000-km milestone earlier in the morning today, when he was en-route to dropping off his grand-daughter at her school.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_7610.jpg

This is after 1 year, 2 months and 1 week of ownership so far.

Absolutely no squeaks or rattles till now, touchwood.

Credit to him for keeping his steed in mint condition as much as he could (with help from me of course), even though his health has failed him more than once in the past 10 months.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2016, 09:58   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Dad (and me) took Silver Queen past the 7,000-kms mark a couple of days back.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_8540.jpg

The milestone was achieved when Dad was enroute to a town across the border in Odisha, to attend the funeral of one of his cousins.

His feedback from his first-ever highway run in the Silver Queen:

"I kept it below 70 kmph for the entire trip. The car felt planted and stable on the road, with no sudden surprises anywhere. The engine has a muted, albeit distinctive clatter which is felt through the ABC pedals. Seat comfort is good for long trips. Thuds were absorbed as well as a hatch could - there were places where I had to slow down and others where I wished I had your Creta. But the car feels quite light on highway speeds. Much lighter than my Padmini & my Esteem."

I have noticed two problems which have cropped up in the past 500-odd kms:

1) One of the horns keeps conking off and coming back by itself when driving. I suspect a loose wire somewhere.

2) The driver door's outer handle keeps getting stuck when opening the door. Could be a problem with the springs or the release mechanism.

Thinking of taking her to get them checked out. Both are minor but get annoying sometimes, specially when the door handle gets sticky and comes out with a jerk as if it would break off.

Apart from these, no problems with her till now. Weird that we haven't been plagued by the customary Swift rattles by now. I certainly hope they don't crop up all of a sudden in the near future.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th January 2016 at 10:00.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2016, 00:59   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

The diminutive, sprightly yet nonchalant Silver Queen stepped past the 8,000-kms mark about a week back, when Dad drove her past the Odisha border and back when he went to visit some relatives.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9126.jpg

Dad, who will be all of 70 years old come May the 8th, is still as fresh and bright as a spring chicken! I am glad that his old petrolhead fires are burning bright inside him, as I see no indication of him calling it a day on his driving times anytime soon.

He loves driving his grand-daughter to school every morning, potters about the city to his banks, CAs & advocates, attends meetings at our samaj and is quite active there, and also indulges in a rare highway run every once-in-a-while (like the one which notched up Silver Queen's latest achievement).

As for the wonderful Maruti, it is (surprisingly!) still completely free from the customary Swift rattles & squeaks (touchwood!). All mechanicals and electricals are fully fit and fine. The only problem per-se is the conking off of one horn, which becomes annoying as the single horn which is left sounds like a meek mouse's squeak! I plan to take her to the Sky dealership's Service Center later this week to rectify this annoyance and to get her prepped for the abnormally hot summer ahead.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 00:12   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

4th Paid Service at 9460 KMS:

Dad and his beloved Silver Queen had crossed the 9,000-km mark about a month back when I was away due to Ma's surgery, hence couldn't click a pic of that and update. Apologies for that.

It was time for the diminutive Maruti's insurance renewal, and subsequent 4th Paid Service (20,000 kms or 2 years). Got the insurance renewed about a week back - for an IDV of Rs 4,17,544, paid Rs 12,773/- premium which included Zero-depreciation and cashless facility.

The whole process was quite smooth and I had the policy bond in my hand the very next day - hats off to Maruti and their partners' super speedy processing (in our case, the New India Assurance Company Limited).

In comparison, I have still not received my Lazarus's renewal policy bond from SBI General yet, and they have a tie-up with Hyundai! (although they have e-mailed me a printed copy).

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9587.gif

Then, it was time to avail Silver Queen's first Paid Service (4th overall).

Called up my good friend at Sky yesterday, Dhananjay, and requested for a service slot for today, and he told me to come to the dealership at anytime before 10:30 AM and Silver Queen will be allotted a slot easily. Meanwhile, myy school-time buddy who was also the local Sky dealership manager, has been transferred to another Sky dealership near the State capital a couple of months back.

Dad dropped off my little Princess at her school in the morning, drove back home and took out most of his stuff from his beloved "Mercedes-Benz" (what he and the little Princess call "their" Swift these days, instead of "Silver Queen"), and soon both of us were off to the Sky Automobiles dealership on the outskirts of town - me leading the way and Dad following.

Reached the dealership at around 10:30 AM to find that my regular SA, Naushad, was on holiday. The workshop manager, Sagar, was apologetic because most SAs were on leave today and only a handful of SAs were available to take in a LOT of cars. We were requested to sit in the main dealership area until an SA was free, and as soon as Dhananjay saw me and Dad walk into the showroom area, he quickly came over and led us to the couch + sofa in their VIP lounge and almost immediately we were served water, hot tea and biscuits.

This is the thing about Maruti-Suzuki dealerships - forget the quality of their cars, it's the quality of attention that they give to their customers which makes us stick to them, over so many of their more fanciful and inherently "better" rivals.

Around 30 minutes and 3 tea rounds later, a new SA called Nivesh walked in with Sagar, who introduced us all around. Nivesh sat down in front of us with Dhananjay, and noted down all the jobs I had listed for Silver Queen:

#1) Engine Oil replacement (synthetic),
#2) Oil Filter replacement,
#3) Brake Fluid replacement,
#4) Coolant replacement,
5) Front and rear wipers replacement,
#6) Air Filter cleaning,
#7) AC Filter cleaning,
#8) AC condenser cleaning*,
9) Brake drums cleaning,
10) Underbody Suspension check,
11) Underbody Anti-Rust coating check,
12) Wheel rotation (4-wheel) and alignment,
13) IRVM of the RPAS system to be tightened,
14) Exterior polishing/paint touch-ups to hide a few scratches all around.

(# = Part of 4th Paid Service)

For #7 AC condenser cleaning, both Nivesh and Dhananjay advised to skip it if the AC was working normally, since it involved removing the entire dashboard and getting the whole AC unit out to get the condenser cleaned. Not to mention that it would cost around 3,000-4,000 rupees extra, which was not feasible as an extra expense since our car had such low mileage on the ODO. Convinced by them, I agreed to get that skipped.

When I went into the workshop office to hand the keys over to Sagar, he suddenly thought of something and asked me if I had opted for MCP. I had read in a few Nexa threads (link, link, link) and ownership reports (link, link, link) and a short note on MyCarHelpline's Baleno Service/Maintenance page about the Maintenance Cost Protect plans recently introduced by Maruti-Suzuki, but I didn't know that MSIL had extended this program to regular MSIL cars too!

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9581.jpg

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9585.jpg

Pleasantly surprised, I asked him to tell me more. He sat down and very patiently explained the MCP plans in the best way he could (applicable to my 2-year old Swift ZXI):

- There are 3 types of MCP plans for regular MSIL cars - Economy, Executive and Premium, which can be purchased for 4-year and 5-year durations (from the date of purchase).

- Economy plan is basically relief from all labour charges during paid services, with an additional 2-3 items thrown in, such as Alignment/Balancing, Washings, Pick-up/Drop, etc.

- Executive plan is Economy plan + a few essential parts/consumables such as engine oil/oil filter, coolant, etc.

- Premium plan is top-of-the-line, with the Executive plan + most parts/consumables such as total AC cleaning, RSA, replacements which cost a bomb, etc.

- To give you a rough idea of costs involved:
A 4-year Economy MCP plan costs ~Rs 6,300,
while the 5-year Economy MCP plan came to ~Rs 8,100.
The Executive plan was more than double the costs than the Economy (~Rs 16,000 for the 4-year one),
while the Premium MCP plan cost more than 3.5 times (~Rs 22,000) than the standard Economy MCP plan.

- Valid across all Maruti-Suzuki dealerships across India, even in RTO transfer cases!

I weighed over all the options carefully, and opted for the 5-year Economy MCP plan. Silver Queen's running was quite low (less than 5,000 kms per year), and the only protection we needed was from the Labour Charges for this (and all henceforth) paid services.

A rough estimate put the Labour Charges at around Rs 2,700 per paid service, and that would mean a total cost of ~Rs 11,000 overall until 2019 (till the MCP would be valid), and since I was paying ~Rs 7,600/- (after discounts), we would be saving about 3,500 rupees, plus getting a few other stuff for free!

Sagar ran around and got the MCP issued before Silver Queen was taken into the hangar, so that we could avail the MCP plan services from this particular servicing onwards. I gave them a cheque, and was promptly handed the receipt and the printed MCP certificate in a neat "MCP" printed folder, which contained an MCP sticker as well (to be stuck on the car's windshield from the inside).

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9583.jpg

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9582.gif

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9584.jpg

Sagar offered to get the sticker fixed, as me and Dad left Sky's Service hangar to head back (it was after 12 noon already by this time!), after enquiring about how much time all jobs would take, to which Sagar asked for a minimum of 6 hours and assured me that he would call once all the work is completed.

Paid a very short, surprise visit to them in the afternoon at around 2:25 PM. It was lunch time and the service hangar was almost empty, and I noticed Silver Queen was up on the ramp, possibly for the underbody check. I noticed a few fresh sprays of anti-rust near the rear wheel wells, and was satisfied that they were punctual. I called up a worker who was just about to leave for lunch and enquired about our Swifty and the jobs completed/pending, and although he was attending to another car, explained that the replacements had already been done (Sagar had 4 technicians working on our Swifty at once, after I had left!), and after the underbody work was over, Silver Queen was scheduled to be taken for it's wheel rotation/alignment work. Satisfied, I headed back home for lunch.

Called Sagar up at 5:30 PM, and he said all jobs were done and Silver Queen was in the washing bay, ready to go under the shower caps. He asked for about 45 minutes more for the washing/cleaning process, by which he would get the bills ready.

Me and Dad headed to the Sky service center and reached there by 6:15 PM, and I was surprised to see Silver Queen still on the washing bay, while a brand-new Ertiga was being hurriedly washed by the boys right behind it!

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9575.jpg

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9576.jpg

Curious, I asked a passing SA about this, and he said that the Ertiga was scheduled for a quick delivery during the evening and was hence being prepped in super-speedy time. Shaking my head, I took a pic of the MCP sticker on the windshield and patiently waited for Silver Queen's wash to be over.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9577.jpg

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9578.jpg

The washing, cleaning and polishing process took almost an hour, and it was around 7:15 PM that I was handed the service bill. Dad was sitting patiently all this while, discussing stuff with Dhananjay and catching a super-small power nap!

When Silver Queen was driven over to us, I checked her out from all sides and the inside as thoroughly as I could under the dealership spotlights, and once I was satisfied that she was quite fine and was shining to a T with fresh, new and soft wiper blades all around, asked Sagar to accompany me on a test run.

The engine sound had now become very quiet and was almost imperceptible inside the cabin, no doubt due to the fresh synthetic oil inside the K12 powerplant. The brakes now bit quite early and brought the car to a standstill from 70-80 kmph-ish speeds quickly. The alignment work was superbly done, and there was absolutely no drifting to either side with no hands on the wheel. I had opted out of wheel balancing, since Dad had reported of no shaking/wobbling at all, at any moderate/high speeds.

Fully satisfied, I turned back to the dealership to pay the bill and report back to Dad. The bill had a few stuff marked under "MCP", notably Labour Charges, Wheel Alignment, etc, and a big "ZERO" beside them.

Upon retrospection, I am glad I opted for the MCP plan.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9586.gif

After some more chit-chat with Sagar and Dhananjay, me and Dad headed home with him leading the way in his fresh and rejuvenated Silver Queen, and me following him in my Lazarus. A small shower on the roads welcomed us on our way back.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9579.jpg

ODO now stands at 9,469 kms. Ciao for now!

(Thanks go out to BHPians sandygordon, Sree73, Dr.Naren, pannags and a few others on the Nexa-specific Baleno/S-Cross review/ownership threads for information on Maruti-Suzuki's MCP packages)

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th July 2016 at 00:41.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 18:22   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I weighed over all the options carefully, and opted for the 5-year Economy MCP plan.
Thanks to you I remembered that even I have availed the same MCP for my Alto K10 AMT. Just updated my K10 thread.

I chose the 2 years or 20,000 kms - Executive plan.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_20160727_174900.jpg

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_20160727_175355.jpg

I haven't stuck the sticker as yet on the windshield like you have.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 19:34   #113
BHPian

Quote:
[u][b]4th Paid Service at 9460 KMS:

#8) AC condenser cleaning*,

For #7 AC condenser cleaning, both Nivesh and Dhananjay advised to skip it if the AC was working normally, since it involved removing the entire dashboard and getting the whole AC unit out to get the condenser cleaned. Not to mention that it would cost around 3,000-4,000 rupees extra, which was not feasible as an extra expense since our car had such low mileage on the ODO. Convinced by them, I agreed to get that skipped.
RavenAvi Sir, I have a doubt. Why will the dash require removal for condenser cleaning?? As far as I know, the condenser is located in the engine bay. Under the dash only such component which requires cleaning is evaporator coil and blower. Or am I missing something here??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2016, 23:03   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
since it involved removing the entire dashboard and getting the whole AC unit out to get the condenser cleaned.
Quote:
As far as I know, the condenser is located in the engine bay.
Isn't the condenser unit located at the front in the engine bay ahead of the radiator?

It requires the front bumper to be removed and not the dashboard.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 10:16   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why will the dash require removal for condenser cleaning?? As far as I know, the condenser is located in the engine bay. Under the dash only such component which requires cleaning is evaporator coil and blower. Or am I missing something here??
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't the condenser unit located at the front in the engine bay ahead of the radiator?

It requires the front bumper to be removed and not the dashboard.
Both of you are correct.

Probably the SA, being new, confused the evaporator coil with the condenser. I was in a hurry to leave for office so I didn't pay closer attention to this.

I now recall that he told me later (during delivery) that he got the condenser cleaned by spraying air across it. Not sure if they removed the bumper for this. Could have been a top-down spray job.
Old 28th July 2016, 11:52   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I now recall that he told me later (during delivery) that he got the condenser cleaned by spraying air across it. Not sure if they removed the bumper for this. Could have been a top-down spray job.
They usually spray pressurised water on the condenser to remove any accumulated debris. Bumper removal isn't mandatory as the condenser is visible from the front grill and the air vents in the bumper.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2016, 23:10   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Dad and his (understated) steed, the Silver Queen, crossed the first major milestone in their on-road careers:

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9969.jpg

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_9972.jpg

This achievement came about in the 25th month of ownership, which has been a complete fuss-free experience for us so far. To my knowledge, the diminutive and ever-resilient Maruti hasn't even had a puncture so far! (touchwood)

All vitals are working fine. I changed the wipers during the Paid service earlier so there's no problem wading through the rains these days. All mechanicals are sound and good, the brakes are absolutely fine, and there isn't any squeaks or rattles to report of.

Only thing which I have noticed, in the past year or so, is that Dad's running has come down. He's quite content to drive his grand-daughter to school as a part of his everyday routine, but he has cut down on his urban commutes, his after-dusk runabouts, and his occasional inter-state jaunts. He won't admit it, but I am sure he feels that he's going slower on his reflexes and his vision's also not how it used to be, and that has taken a toll on his running.

The last 4,000-odd kms have come in ~11 months, which is also another sure shot indicator that he has cut down on his running.

Apologies for not posting an update on the 9,000-km milestone. He crossed that in the last week of June 2016, when I had taken my mother for her surgery.
Old 11th October 2016, 12:54   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!

Vijaya Dashami day, and as per our family ritual, all wheeled steeds in the household get blessed by the Mother Goddess.

Dad has been unwell for the past 2-3 days, but he still got the puja done. I washed and cleaned both our cars to the best of my ability, shined them as well as I could, then called him to do the ceremony. Both steeds got blessed with sindoor, decked with fresh ribbons, and coconuts were broken.

Although the ceremony is now not as grand as it used to be before, but still it's a ritual which Dad follows religiously in both Navratris of the year. As always, I am mighty glad to contribute and be a part of it.

Silver Queen & Lazarus, after their wash sessions.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_0146.jpg

A view from the other side.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_0147.jpg

Silver Queen's K12B heart blessed by the Mother Goddess.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_0148.jpg

Lazarus's VTVT Gamma heart blessed too.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-img_0149.jpg

ODO is nearing 10,500 kms at the moment.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 11th October 2016 at 12:56.