Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2014, 00:34   #76
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,370
Thanked: 13,344 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Beg to differ Anurag. 5 speed for now but read that there is a possibility of the DSG in future. Unconfirmed nonetheless
I have asked many guys at VW sales through a BHPian who owns a VW car.

If there is a GT TDI with DSG, I'll be the happiest to change from Swift ZDi to GT. Hence even I have VW following up closely with the guys @ VW.

It may not come now but future anyway is unpredictable.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 10:37   #77
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

I have recently bought a new polo 1.5. After 2-3 days of driving, especially through rough and uneven roads i am getting a rattling somewhere from the front meter console and left front door. I am not sure about the exact site in the meter console but its from the dashboard. Any one out here encountered any issue like this. What should i do now? I felt sad when i heard the rattling immediately after 3 days of ownership.
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 11:07   #78
BHPian
 
ortho_surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kochi
Posts: 95
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
I have recently bought a new polo 1.5. After 2-3 days of driving, especially through rough and uneven roads i am getting a rattling somewhere from the front meter console and left front door
Thats really bad. I didn't expect this from VW.

Have you carried out any after market fittings, like tweeters or speakers?

If you can identify the source of the rattling and pin point it, its better. Otherwise the service guys may make it worse. One more thing, remove all the stuff from glove box,and the door sides, then drive the car to identify the problem.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 12:05   #79
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

No accessories till date. I havent tried it after removing the stuffs. But i am sure that the rattle is not because of that. I have read about squeaky door issue in vento in another thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...quirks-34.html (Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks)
Post 502.
Is it something related to it.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Vento Tips - Team-BHP.docx (42.7 KB, 720 views)
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 17:36   #80
BHPian
 
anshurao's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Panaji, Goa
Posts: 276
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
I have recently bought a new polo 1.5. After 2-3 days of driving, especially through rough and uneven roads i am getting a rattling somewhere from the front meter console and left front door. I am not sure about the exact site in the meter console but its from the dashboard. Any one out here encountered any issue like this. What should i do now? I felt sad when i heard the rattling immediately after 3 days of ownership.
I too have this exact same problem on my GT, feels like it's from the steering/just behind the dash. Need to get it checked.
anshurao is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 17:42   #81
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
I too have this exact same problem on my GT, feels like it's from the steering/just behind the dash. Need to get it checked.
Even i am planning to get it checked. But only after a month. I have some work to be done. Please update if you get any solution for this from the service centre.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th October 2014 at 18:31. Reason: fixed quote tags
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2014, 00:05   #82
BHPian
 
Turbojc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MAA/CJB
Posts: 220
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Hey everyone! I spotted a new variant of the VW Polo TDI this evening, here in Chennai. It was a brand new vehicle with a TC plate, badged as "GP Plus", and had double white stripes running down the middle from the front bumper to the rear bumper, and had a different alloys whose spokes were painted black and its rim in silver.

Couldn't take a pic as I was on my bike, and I chanced upon the car at a signal. The car was headed to a VW Showroom very close to my house, so I'll head there tomorrow and try taking a couple of snaps.

Last edited by Turbojc : 11th October 2014 at 00:24.
Turbojc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2014, 09:56   #83
BHPian
 
holysmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 227
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hey everyone! I spotted a new variant of the VW Polo TDI this evening, here in Chennai. It was a brand new vehicle with a TC plate, badged as "GP Plus", and had double white stripes running down the middle from the front bumper to the rear bumper, and had a different alloys whose spokes were painted black and its rim in silver.

Couldn't take a pic as I was on my bike, and I chanced upon the car at a signal. The car was headed to a VW Showroom very close to my house, so I'll head there tomorrow and try taking a couple of snaps.
Hi, Please do. I've booked a GT TDI, so really interested in what this is. Thanks.
holysmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2014, 22:47   #84
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Few problems encountered in my 2 weeks ownership of my polo 1.5
1. Rattling from the left front door and somewhere from the dashboard near to meter console. But i am not able to localize it. But its present occasionally while driving through uneven roads.
2. After driving in rain, both the headlamps(only the indicator part) is getting fogged. Noticed it just 2 days back.
3. Wipers are squeaky and leaving marks while on action. Its there from day 1.
4. Fogging of the front wind shield while driving with AC on. It occurs in front of the vent for defrost beneath the windshield.
The problem was there in my i20, but SA said that it is there in all i20's :(
Is it the same case with polo also? I am really bugged up of these problems.

Anyone encountered any issues like this. Please share your experiences too. Is it there for all polos?
Attaching pics of the fogging of the headlamps.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread-imag2299.jpg  

2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread-imag2300.jpg  

nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 11:01   #85
BHPian
 
udainxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 179
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hey everyone! I spotted a new variant of the VW Polo TDI this evening, here in Chennai. It was a brand new vehicle with a TC plate, badged as "GP Plus", and had double white stripes running down the middle from the front bumper to the rear bumper, and had a different alloys whose spokes were painted black and its rim in silver.
.
I just read that the new polo was known internally as the GP. What you saw may have been an under-development variant which may not make its way to the roads soon.

On a side note, has anyone here taken delivery of the new GT TDI? The Chandigarh dealership still denies any GT launch
That after Ive seen a GT TSI in Bangalore!
udainxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 17:27   #86
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,370
Thanked: 13,344 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Few problems encountered in my 2 weeks ownership of my polo 1.5

1. Rattling from the left front door and somewhere from the dashboard near to meter console. But i am not able to localize it. But its present occasionally while driving through uneven roads.

2. After driving in rain, both the headlamps(only the indicator part) is getting fogged. Noticed it just 2 days back.

3. Wipers are squeaky and leaving marks while on action. Its there from day 1.

4. Fogging of the front wind shield while driving with AC on. It occurs in front of the vent for defrost beneath the wind shield.

The problem was there in my i20, but SA said that it is there in all i20's
Answer to your issues as in the points given by you:

1. Why not check door pads or the speakers setup that could be rattling.

2. Could be a manufacturing defect as it is not sealed well. Do visit VW ASC and get it replaced.

3. Try changing the wiper blades and see if it squeaks or else look at the alignment of the wiper arms and blades. Before doing this hope the windscreen is clean without any dirt etc.

4. Where is the air directed to when this fogging is happening and what is the set temperature? Seeing the location of the fogging that you are experiencing it could be that the air flow is directed towards the windscreen rather than onto the driver + passenger side. And this is not a common issue which as is told by your SA.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 22:42   #87
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Answer to your issues as in the points given by you:

1. Why not check door pads or the speakers setup that could be rattling.

2. Could be a manufacturing defect as it is not sealed well. Do visit VW ASC and get it replaced.

3. Try changing the wiper blades and see if it squeaks or else look at the alignment of the wiper arms and blades. Before doing this hope the windscreen is clean without any dirt etc.

4. Where is the air directed to when this fogging is happening and what is the set temperature? Seeing the location of the fogging that you are experiencing it could be that the air flow is directed towards the windscreen rather than onto the driver + passenger side. And this is not a common issue which as is told by your SA.

Anurag.
Replies to your queries
1. I am not able to get any rattles when i bang on it.
2. Sure i will visiting ASC tommorrow.
3. Windscreen is clean and dirt free. The problem might be with the alignment.
4. Air is directed only to front vents. Temperature is 22 deg inside and 25 deg outside as shown in the MID. It occurs during rain.

Hope i will get rid of these issues by tomorrow
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 14:26   #88
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Today i went to ASC to sort out the problem.
After taking a TD he said
- Rattle : The front door rattle is from the rubber beading. Its present in most of VW cars as per the SA. For confirmation i enquired with one of my best friend who has a vento. Even he was facing this issue.
He didnt get the rattles from the meter console.

- Fogging of headlamps. He advised to take a snap of the same and send it to him so that the warranty can be claimed.

- Wiper: Problem with the blade. But its out of stock. He promised to get it replaced once it comes. No issues with the alignment.

- Fogging of windshield: Couldnt appreciate it today. He advised to check on the modes of air circulation while its happening.

After all i am pretty satisfied with my SA (Mr.Gokul). I had never ever seen a customer friendly and a brilliant SA in the past 10 years of my experience with other ASC.
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2014, 07:41   #89
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,974
Thanked: 16,768 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Powerdrift throws the GT twins around all sort of corners and come out squealing! Finally, some good reviews for the hottest twins around -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 10:49   #90
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,939
Thanked: 1,926 Times
Default Re: 2014 VW Polo 1.5L TDI: Test-Drive Thread

Was watching the scoop section of the Autocar show last night in which Hormazd Sorabjee mentioned that the Polo will receive minor tweaks next year in the form of slight change in the interior & turn indicators in the ORVM's.
PPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2014 VW Polo 1.5 TDI : First Ownership Report. EDIT, 10000 kms up Zigor Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 116 25th April 2016 16:35
Difference between Polo R Cup's 1.6 TDI and Vento/Rapid's 1.6 TDI kryptonite Technical Stuff 21 12th February 2015 01:05
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold! Chethan B G Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1220 24th November 2013 21:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:30.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks