Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th August 2014, 20:10   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Red beauty comes home – Our Hyundai Xcent AT SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Hi Narayan... My brother & I were in the same boat a month ago evaluating a car for our Mother. Amaze, Xcent & Dzire were in the fray. We eventually chose the Xcent & are very happy with decision so far. The buying experience at Hyundai (MGF Cochin) was far superior to the Maruti ones (Sai Cochin & Khivraj/ABT Chennai) we've experienced so far.
Thank you for the input. I will share my purchase experience on this site in a month. My mother has finally consented to going with me to see the cars - Amaze, Xcent & maybe Zest next weekend.
V.Narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2014, 11:02   #47

thanks a ton for sharing the info. feels good. this is a decent mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi
Here is the information that was missing so far - that's because I had not filled more fuel after first driving out of the showroom.

Got Shell tank up yesterday. Here are the details

Distance Travelled 271 kms
Fuel taken 23.1 lts - Shell (the original tankful was fuel from a normal bunk)
Average - 11.73 kmpl

This has been with city drive, 90% AC on (minus a short 1-2 kms drive or early morning). Just one drive of approx. 15 kms on toll road otherwise all city. Once I pressed the accelerator and threw the rpm over 3k but otherwise normal city drive.

I must say I am impressed with the fuel economy and expect that after 1000 kms or so the engine will settle down well.

Hope this information was useful.

Cheers
gypsteem@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 09:01   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnu View Post
Thanks. That's a really impressive figure. Hope this is with the ECO mode ON ?
Personally I was expecting 10 abouts but anything more than 11 was a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Is Ecomode and gear indicator available in SO AT as well ? Planning to book one by next week.
Yes Ecomode and gear indicator are available in SX (o).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ah! So my case if not a one-off! Hopefully this trend continues for both of us! 10 - 12 kmpl is very good IMO, considering the 8-9 kmpl figures usually mentioned for Hyundai AT cars.
Yes I mean anything 10 and above is good. Although I don't really have a high use and therefore average is not such an important aspect. And given the tank size a range of 525-550 kms seems possible.

Quote:
Hi Narayan... My brother & I were in the same boat a month ago evaluating a car for our Mother. Amaze, Xcent & Dzire were in the fray. We eventually chose the Xcent & are very happy with decision so far.
Yes its a good decision. Personally felt it is great value for money and the car does the job well without any fuss.

Quote:
The buying experience at Hyundai (MGF Cochin) was far superior to the Maruti ones (Sai Cochin & Khivraj/ABT Chennai) we've experienced so far. However this is the first Hyundai in the family & hope the A.S.S. experience turns out well, too. We are literally "amazed" at the great value Hyundai has given for the price ! One comment from our Mother though - the rear seat should have been a wee bit higher !
What went against the Amaze was the "thin/tin" feel and price differential of INR 60K+
I used 2 different dealers. The buying experience was certainly great in one and not so great in the other. Comment about the rear seat well taken. I also sat in the rear seat a few times. Amaze failed me with the cheap dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsteem@gmail. View Post
thanks a ton for sharing the info. feels good. this is a decent mileage
Yes it is a very reasonable mileage. I was also happy to get this mileage. As I mentioned above anything more than 10 is a bonus.
Rajain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 08:23   #49
BHPian

Its been a few days since an update. One small drive worth mentioning.

This one with 3 mid sized bags in the boot, 4 full grown adults and 2 kids in the car. The car neatly pulled and drove well. The ride was planted and comfortable. No one had any issues about space. The AC worked well - the setting was in auto and the drive in D mode.

All in all small happy drive within the local area and good experience with the car.

Cheers
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 11:39   #50
cnu
BHPian

Rajain, did you go for the standard accessories package during the purchase ? Both Advaith & Trident are charging 1K for this and I was told that this includes mud flaps, mats, idol & perfume. Are the mats (in the open boot picture on page-1) the same offered as part of standard accessories ?
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 14:00   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Red beauty comes home – Our Hyundai Xcent AT SX(O)

Quote:
Rajain, did you go for the standard accessories package during the purchase ? Both Advaith & Trident are charging 1K for this and I was told that this includes mud flaps, mats, idol & perfume. Are the mats (in the open boot picture on page-1) the same offered as part of standard accessories ?
There were no standard accessories when we took delivery of our Xcent AT in Trivandrum. Not sure of Bangalore. Rajain can confirm.

But I would suggest not to take that package if possible. Idol and perfume they provide will be cheap quality. And the original Hyundai mats costs more than that price, hence I suppose they might be throwing in some cheaper mats as well.

We got free rubber mats from the dealership. The Hyundai original mats are never in stock!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th August 2014 at 14:02.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 19:20   #52
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Idol and perfume they provide will be cheap quality. And the original Hyundai mats costs more than that price, hence I suppose they might be throwing in some cheaper mats as well.
Thanks. Exactly my thoughts as well. I will try to see them physically and decide. BTW, I am planning to book my ride [SX(O) AT] as well in the next couple of days.
Old 30th August 2014, 23:56   #53
BHPian

Hi

@ Crazy Driver - Yes there is a 'standard accessories' for 1000 Rs. This is the mud flaps, reasonably ok mats and a idol. For 1000 Rs they are ok value for money. However, I wish I had not taken the mats since we moved to 3M nomad mats and did not use the ones provided by Hyundai even for a day.

@ CNU feel free to take mine if you want. PM me for details.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 1st September 2014, 18:36   #54
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
we moved to 3M nomad mats
Rajain, How much did these cost and where did you buy them ? Can you post a picture or two ?

Quote:
@ CNU feel free to take mine if you want. PM me for details.
Thanks for the offer. I will PM you if I plan to take them. FYI, I booked my ride yesterday and the wait time is the usual 6-8 weeks. The on-road price of SX(O) AT has gone up marginally by about 7.5K now.
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:01   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Rajain, How much did these cost and where did you buy them ? Can you post a picture or two ?
Bought (actually got them made to size) at 3M in HSR Layout. Cost was approx. 5300/- thereabouts. Pictures will come up in the day.

The link to what they are and can do is here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ct-review.html (3M Nomad Foot Mats : Product Review)

Quote:
Thanks for the offer. I will PM you if I plan to take them. FYI, I booked my ride yesterday and the wait time is the usual 6-8 weeks. The on-road price of SX(O) AT has gone up marginally by about 7.5K now.
Interesting that the price has gone up. Maybe there was an initial price offering much like XUV 5oo. Keep following up your SA, the waiting time may increase in the event of non communication. The days when you sit and wait for your new car are often very long. :-)
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:05   #56
BHPian

Here is the picture of the 3M nomad mats

Red beauty comes home – Our Hyundai Xcent AT SX(O)-dsc_0693-1024x683.jpg

We have used 3M nomad mats in our Ertiga for over 2 years. And are very happy with the mats. With the option of beige colour also available it is a good fit with the interior colour tones.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:24   #57
BHPian

It's been a few days since I updated this thread.

Usual city driving. Have not had the chance to get out of the city anywhere.

I have been impressed with the air conditioning. One day at lunch hour I had to go somewhere and the car was parked in sun. The air conditioning quickly cooled the car. It's also the time for the first service, a check up really.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 15:24   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's been a few days since I updated this thread.
Usual city driving. Have not had the chance to get out of the city anywhere.
I have been impressed with the air conditioning. One day at lunch hour I had to go somewhere and the car was parked in sun. The air conditioning quickly cooled the car. It's also the time for the first service, a check up really.
Rajain
Rajain, now that you have had your lovely new car for 3 months could you share an update on how she is running and if you have faced any niggling issues or any A.S.S issues. Your well written thread motivated me to stop from going for an Amaze and wait to evaluate the Xcent too. Regards, V.Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 12:23   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Rajain, now that you have had your lovely new car for 3 months could you share an update on how she is running and if you have faced any niggling issues or any A.S.S issues. Your well written thread motivated me to stop from going for an Amaze and wait to evaluate the Xcent too. Regards, V.Narayan
Hi Narayan

Turns out I have given it for the first service. I have not faced any niggles and in fact it has been a gem of a little car. I have had times when 5 people sat in it and the engine responded well on the gradual climbs in a mall. The suspension works well to finish off any minor bumps or potholes. Following recent rains in Bangalore some potholes have become pretty large. I slow down when approaching them.

More to come later in the week.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 25th November 2014, 16:51   #60
BHPian

Hi

The car underwent a free service. Good service done. Full marks to Trident. The car was returned spick and span.

Post service and a little bit of drive a tankful was done. Measuring by tankful to tankful method - it covered 456 kms and consumed 35.2 ltrs of fuel and therefore an average of 12.9 kmpl. Most of the times the ACC is on.

I keep learning of its various alerts and reminders. Recently after pulling up at a roadside my wife stepped out. Her bag had the fob. Quickly the reminder on the screen came up saying key out.

The ride continues to be sedan like and the drive is smooth. Sometimes I am prefering to use this car over my Ertiga.

Cheers

Rajain