Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th November 2015, 10:50   #91
BHPian

Default Re: 2014 Fiat Punto Evo - Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
Guys, Punto/Linea Owners:
*BTW an Update* My issue with seating and ergo is now sorted. I seemed to have found the right seat / Steering setting for my size, 6.3. Took close to 7K kms to settle in :P
I'm really struggling with this. I had a bad back pain and thigh pain after a short drive. I'm 6.1 and simply can't seem to find the perfect position. The bucket styled seats makes it worse. My thighs don't touch the seats at all. If I move it backwards, I can rest my thighs, but I have to stretch to hold the steering. Can't rest my legs. Can't rest my thighs. My buttocks complain due to bucket seats. Such a pain, all this. I'm curious to know a how you did it.

I'm planning to add a little cushion by placing a thin pillow on the base to level out the bucket effect. I'm really trying hard to figure out a way out of this!!
Ryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 20:05   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I'm really struggling with this. I had a bad back pain and thigh pain after a short drive. I'm 6.1 and simply can't seem to find the perfect position. The bucket styled seats makes it worse. My thighs don't touch the seats at all. If I move it backwards, I can rest my thighs, but I have to stretch to hold the steering. Can't rest my legs. Can't rest my thighs. My buttocks complain due to bucket seats. Such a pain, all this. I'm curious to know a how you did it.

I'm planning to add a little cushion by placing a thin pillow on the base to level out the bucket effect. I'm really trying hard to figure out a way out of this!!

Have you played around with the seat height ? IMO thats what makes most of the difference. I fully stretch the seat when there is no one behind me, else I set it 2/3 notches ahead. Its takes a while, but I did manage to find a couple spots. That said, the under thigh support is not all that great, but it hasn't caused me any back ache yet.

Last edited by anand.shankar : 19th November 2015 at 20:09.
anand.shankar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 10:46   #93
BHPian

dear friends,
I own a 2010 model fiat punto mjd which has clocked 129000 kms .I am planning to exchange my car with new punto evo .The dealer in lucknow is offering Rs250000 discount if i go for 90 HP sports or punto sportsivo .It seems good deal for the old car .Please posts your comments soon on the deal which would help form my opinion
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 20:34   #94

Hi,

Is the Punto 1.4L petrol version is still available? Checked with the Fiat Dealership in Chennai, they said only 1.2 L (Petrol) and 1.3L (diesel) cars are currently produced. I was informed that 1.4L is out of production from jan-16.

Is that true?

-Ananth
pananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 07:23   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pananth View Post
Is the Punto 1.4L petrol version is still available?
The 1.4l petrol is still listed on Fiat India's website so my guess is it is available.

The 1.4l hardly sells so the dealers probably don't stock the car. You might want to check with another dealer. Start the conversation with what are all the petrol models available for the Punto and then tell them you are interested in the 1.4l variant. It might also be a built on order variant.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 5th May 2016 at 07:42.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2016, 15:07   #96

Thank You Sandeepmohan.

Checked with both the fiat dealerships in Chennai. I also gave my details in Fiat's website while downloading the brochures.

It is confirmed that Punto1.4L is stopped since Dec 2015 :(

- Ananth
pananth is offline   Reply With Quote