Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2015, 09:46   #16
BHPian
 
Carpainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 308
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Yes when I contacted a local dealer, he said he'd give 4.5K if I exchange with Michelin tyres that some batches of City come with. And he said Yoko C drive will be 5400 each. Is that okay? Sorry to bother you again and again. I don't intend to steal your thread. Do post more pics of your beauty though.
Carpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 10:03   #17
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Yes when I contacted a local dealer, he said he'd give 4.5K if I exchange with Michelin tyres that some batches of City come with. And he said Yoko C drive will be 5400 each. Is that okay? Sorry to bother you again and again. I don't intend to steal your thread. Do post more pics of your beauty though.
Yes that is exactly what I paid for my tyres. The value in exchange is great.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 12:06   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Banaglore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 291 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

My nearly 1 year old ~7000 km old manual petrol city is returning 19+ kmpl on highway. In city i am getting around 12 kmpl which mostly bumper to bumper traffic mixed with few fast sections. In general my city is returning 1 kmpl less in the city and 1 kmpl more on highway compared to my old Santro. Not bad for a car with nearly 120 horses. As per my information no car returns this kind of numbers in this segment (for a petrol). Couple this with class topping performance and flexibility, the 1.5 i-vtech and stands head and shoulders above the competition.
JediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 14:37   #19
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 655
Thanked: 222 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Surely you are going to enjoy driving the CVT. It's very convenient and a very good performer. My only complaint with the CVT was the bumpy ride but after travelling more than 7000+ kms on the potholed filled Kerala roads, things are much better now. Ride quality is very much improved.

FE is also phenomenal. With full load (passengers and boot) I got up to 15 kms/l on the highway (two lane road with heavy traffic). On a smooth highway you can expect to get up to the 20's. I had 19.2 kms/l displayed on the MID during an early morning highway drive.

Overall, the car is excellent with its performance and FE. Added to it, the Honda City is a 5 star rated safe car from Global NCAP at tests conducted in Asia outside India.
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 19:18   #20
BHPian
 
Carpainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 308
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
Added to it, the Honda City is a 5 star rated safe car from Global NCAP at tests conducted in Asia outside India.
May be I'm wrong here but what I know is that the City that got 5star Ncap has 6 Airbags, ESP etc. as standard. The car we get here has 2 Airbags and no ESP. If I'm not wrong then the Indian version City has got 4 Star Ncap rating which is not bad by any means.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 21:58   #21
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
May be I'm wrong here but what I know is that the City that got 5star Ncap has 6 Airbags, ESP etc. as standard. The car we get here has 2 Airbags and no ESP. If I'm not wrong then the Indian version City has got 4 Star Ncap rating which is not bad by any means.
Yes you are absolutely right the city in India is with 2 airbags and without ESP and gets the 4 star rating as per ASEAN Ncap. Wish Honda had given it more safety features at least at the top end like the Verna with 6 airbags.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 22:07   #22
BHPian
 
Carpainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 308
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Wish Honda had given it more safety features at least at the top end like the Verna with 6 airbags.
So true. IMO, City Vx variant is overpriced. For almost a lakh more than the V model, you're getting only a sunroof, keyless entry, start stop button and leather seats. I may be missing one or two other features here but these are definitely not worth the price I think. At least a better alloys would have been better.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2015, 22:42   #23
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
So true. IMO, City Vx variant is overpriced. For almost a lakh more than the V model, you're getting only a sunroof, keyless entry, start stop button and leather seats. I may be missing one or two other features here but these are definitely not worth the price I think. At least a better alloys would have been better.
I think they are saving all the features for a face lift in the future, just like Maruti did for the swift where the international variant got all the features when it was originally launched that we are receiving now through a face lift.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 01:27   #24
BHPian
 
nishchal316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 98
Thanked: 186 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Congratulations rockporiom for this beautiful beast. I think the FE will start improving after its done with the first service. Getting over 10kmpl for the first 1000kms is still great. Even I have got the CVT booked which is the VX variant with the paddle shifters. Will keep you guys updated.
nishchal316 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 10:31   #25
BHPian
 
adarsh76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 655
Thanked: 222 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
May be I'm wrong here but what I know is that the City that got 5star Ncap has 6 Airbags, ESP etc. as standard. The car we get here has 2 Airbags and no ESP. If I'm not wrong then the Indian version City has got 4 Star Ncap rating which is not bad by any means.
You're right. That's why I said the tests were conducted outside India. Not sure if the tests were done in India by NCAP but nevertheless Indian City would have a 4 star rating.
adarsh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 13:30   #26
MMX
BHPian
 
MMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Congratulations Rockporium on an amazing vehicle. With every passing day my excitement is growing leaps and bounds knowing that I'll be receiving my Car soon.

Just a question - Did you get the Under Chassis Anti-Rust treatment done from the dealership?

I spoke to the 3M Car Care center personnel here in Worli, Mumbai who quoted 1300/- less for the same treatment that the Apex Honda Dealer is offering.

My Question to all those lucky Honda City 2014 owners is - Is it advisable to get it done from the Dealership or from the Official 3M Car Care center - the latter sounding more acceptable I guess.

He also advises that I must not go for the Teflon coating for the car that the Dealership is offering but instead do a UV sealant and then my preference of the Scotchgard Paint Film protection around the Door edges/ Bumpers / ORVMs.

Any suggestions from You All?
MMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 16:59   #27
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 17
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
Congratulations Rockporium on an amazing vehicle.
========
Any suggestions from You All?

I have a VX CVT and i got the underbody anti rust treatment directly from a 3M oulet here in Mumbai. The dealership (in my case Arya Honda) never offered any accessories or any anti rust treatment and neither did I enquire. After reading the posts from others here I decided to get the coating directly from the outlet. The cost is Rs. 2067/- for a 2 year warranty and Rs. 3800/- for a 5 year warranty.
mpshah68 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015, 00:14   #28
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX View Post
Congratulations Rockporium on an amazing vehicle. With every passing day my excitement is growing leaps and bounds knowing that I'll be receiving my Car soon.

Just a question - Did you get the Under Chassis Anti-Rust treatment done from the dealership?

I spoke to the 3M Car Care center personnel here in Worli, Mumbai who quoted 1300/- less for the same treatment that the Apex Honda Dealer is offering.

My Question to all those lucky Honda City 2014 owners is - Is it advisable to get it done from the Dealership or from the Official 3M Car Care center - the latter sounding more acceptable I guess.

He also advises that I must not go for the Teflon coating for the car that the Dealership is offering but instead do a UV sealant and then my preference of the Scotchgard Paint Film protection around the Door edges/ Bumpers / ORVMs.

Any suggestions from You All?
NEVER I repeat NEVER go for teflon coating. The anti rust coating is beneficial. I think you should ask the dealer they might throw it in for free. The anti rust coating I got has a 5 year warranty I think. The pain protection film doesn't work out in the long run as they peel off after a rain or two. I suggest using door guards instead. I had the 3M protection film on my Kizashi and they kept coming off over a period of time. I frankly have never tried UV sealant so can't comment on that. My suggestion is save some money and ask the dealership to throw the anti rust coating in for free unless you want to get it done from 3M.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2015, 16:13   #29
MMX
BHPian
 
MMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
NEVER I repeat NEVER go for teflon coating. My suggestion is save some money and ask the dealership to throw the anti rust coating in for free unless you want to get it done from 3M.
Roskporiom - I pushed the Dealer a lot for getting me Free stuff but they didn't budge an inch, not surprising after I complained to Honda Customer Care about them after not receiving my car for 6 months.
Anyway I'm going to take your suggestion with regards to the Under Chassis Anti-Rust Treatment.

Thanks mpshah68.

I just received confirmation that my CAR has reached the Stockyard near Panvel somewhere
MMX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 09:53   #30
MMX
BHPian
 
MMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: A date with destiny: My Honda City SV CVT (Automatic)

A quick Query to all those who've purchased a New Honda City in Mumbai in recent times -
What's the normal waiting period for getting the Car Delivery after being notified that the Car is at the Stockyard (The time period including Octroi/ Fitting of accessories / registration etc.)

My Dealer has mentioned 7 "working" days not including Saturdays. I'm a bit confused why it would take this long?
MMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn neel911 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 144 30th June 2016 16:51
My first automatic car: Honda City CVT VX with paddle shifters nishchal316 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 13th June 2016 09:03
2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic...in Black! aditto Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 22 16th December 2014 11:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:09.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks