Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd December 2014, 05:50   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Installed Llumar PP60 on the sides and rear, and PP70 on the front. Got a brilliant deal on the price, some local distributor did it for me. The difference is immense. With the temperature In Bombay still going well above 30 degrees, at times the ac felt insufficient possible due to the large glass area and the black colour. After the film it feels great.

Been using this exact combo on the Yeti, and now even the 3. But I've felt the largest difference is on this car.
Akshay, aren't the Llumar PP60 and the PP70 front windscreen films?
Or they can be used anywhere with no rules for it just to be a front windscreen film as such?
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 22:15   #77
Team-BHP Support

The car is now at 55xx kms, and the running seems to have settled down after the initial bit of excitement. Its running perfectly with no issues to report of as such.

Yes the car still pulls to the left a tiny bit, which I am going to take up with BMW very soon.

Also I've noticed a tiny rattle kind of noise from the sunroof button surround, which can get irritating on rough roads. But pushing the panel seems to tighten it and make the noise disappear. Also a slight squeeking noise from the instrument panel cowl. Both aren't noticeable to most people, though I will get them fixed.

Another bit of news is that BMW has released a power kit for the X3 30d which takes the power to 280ps and the torque to 600nm. That I am definitely going to get in the first half of next year, along with switching to tubeless tyres (I now do find the runflats a bit stiff, and spoiling my experience with the car).
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 22:59   #78
BHPian

Quote:

Yes the car still pulls to the left a tiny bit, which I am going to take up with BMW very soon.

Another bit of news is that BMW has released a power kit for the X3 30d which takes the power to 280ps and the torque to 600nm. That I am definitely going to get in the first half of next year, along with switching to tubeless tyres (I now do find the runflats a bit stiff, and spoiling my experience with the car).

Does this affect the tire wear adversely?

I never knew Germans release power kit for their products. (Only if our main stream manufacturers did the same!)
Wow that's really
Does this power kit increases the warranty cost when it comes up for renewal?
Good decision on the tubeless, I too have found runflat ride stiff for Indian roads.

And your car looks awesome , keep on posting!
johannskaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 19:34   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
How's your experience with the sport and sport+ modes? Since I think they also play around with suspension and chassis settings among others.
Read on Bimmerpost that you got your car. How about some pics and an update?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 19:56   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Read on Bimmerpost that you got your car. How about some pics and an update?
Hey Akshay .. yup.. X3 came on friday. I am still experimenting it. I took a few pics and will be writing a thread soon. So far - just 1 word "awesome" !!
Will post a thread this week.
araje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 10:47   #81
Team-BHP Support

An odd little update for the car. About 3 weeks ago I noticed the engine was upshifting too early. It didn't go above 3700rpm in any gear, no matter what mode I was in or how much throttle I was using. I was totally stumped, because this seemed odd and because I hadn't noticed it earlier. The way it picks up speed means I hadn't really looked at the tachometer closely all this while.

Asked a few friends who check with some other X3 30D owners, and their cars revved well above that. Also the oil temperature gauge was only going up to a quarter, when halfway was supposed to be right. I knew something was definitely up, but figured it couldn't have been anything major because apart from that the car was driving perfectly.

I sent an email to BMW, and at the same time spoke to my dealer. Decided to take the car to show them the problem the next day. I showed them the problem, and they were as stumped as me. They decided to reflash the full car to see if it solved it. I was asked the leave the car there overnight since the flash would take a couple of hours. I also asked them to sort out whatever little noises were coming.

The next day I got a call that the issue was solved with the flashing, and they would work on all the noises and return the car to me.

Now the car is back to perfect, but I am in touch with BMW to see what could have possibly caused such an issue so soon.
Old 2nd February 2015, 17:50   #82
Team-BHP Support

Waiting to see if BMW is going to do something to make up for the fact that I have had to visit the service centre too many times for a new car. Lets see if they are a customer oriented company or not.

In the meantime I have ordered an E NET cable so that I can learn coding properly. I will be able to enable cool features like sports auto transmission, and other little things in the iDrive and other systems. Similar to VCDS coding on Skoda cars, except this is a hell of a lot more complicated.
Old 8th February 2015, 19:56   #83
BHPian

Hey Akshay,
Finally got time this weekend to write a review about my X3. I did 3000kms so far so I thought it was a good time now to write.
Here it is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/3640726-post.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Hey Akshay .. yup.. X3 came on friday. I am still experimenting it. I took a few pics and will be writing a thread soon. So far - just 1 word "awesome" !!

Will post a thread this week.
Old 16th February 2015, 11:27   #84
Team-BHP Support

So based on my correspondence with BMW customer care, after a bit of back and forth they are now doing my first service on the car complimentary. I am happy about it, and it shows BMW does care for their customers. Will give the car in a weeks time, its now at 74xx kms.
Old 22nd February 2015, 21:24   #85
BHPian

Hey, that is interesting. Tell us more. How did you start? Are you under BSI?
Basically what are they doing free of cost.

Also, looks like you have taken the dive in car coding as well. That's cool. I haven't made up my mind for doing that yet.
Old 10th March 2015, 12:21   #86
Team-BHP Support

So after making a fuss, I've had a great experience with BMW this time.

I had fixed up a service last Saturday, and got there about 11am which was an hour after I was supposed to be there.

My car was taken in immediately, and I was attended to well. Took a walk around the workshop. My car was being serviced in one of their quick service bays which was right next to the customer seating area. So I could see everything happening.

115pm, and I was signing the gate pass. The service was done in 2 hours flat, an oil change and various filters changed. The car couldn't be washed since it was lunch time there.

On the whole a great experience, even better since it was free.

But after the service, the refinement levels of the N57 have gone up and how. You can barely feel it or hear it and I think the engine seems to have run in now. The acceleration is now mind boggling for an SUV, and the mid range punch just pushes you into your seat.

After having the car for 6 months, it honestly could not have been a better decision to buy this. Its given me piece of mind which no 5 series could since I never really have to worry about bad roads or bumps (just need to slow down) and scraping on them. Even though its 4x4 it does have a noticeable rear bias and actually feels similar to a RWD car.

If there is anything I regret, it is not changing the runflats which are a bit stiff but still very manageable. I think this will really have a magic carpet ride once I change to normal tubeless, which will only happen once these tyres wear out.

Another update is that I got Sports Automatic Transmission coded onto the car. It is actually a factory option, but possibly with coding. It changes the transmission behavior completely, and makes the shifts quicker with a more sporty shift pattern. In sport+ and manual mode the shifts are extremely quick, and there is never any lag in shifting, nor does the gearbox hunt for gears. Frankly this has changed the way the car drives, and I couldn't be happier with it.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2015, 12:21   #87
Team-BHP Support

The X3 is now almost at 10k kms, just 7 kms short actually. The running seems to have reduced a bit for now. The car is running great, and its a pleasure to drive. The 6 cylinder motor never fails to put a smile on my face or surprise me.

I discovered something pretty useful a couple of days ago. When parking in a really tight spot, if the parking sensors detect an object is close then the car does not crawl on its own when the brake is released. The brake actually holds the car until the accelerator is touched and then crawls very slowly. This really helps in preventing grazing the object in front or behind. I had earlier thought I was imagining this but the other day I had to park in an extra tight spot and I clearly noticed this is a feature.

On another note, I have ordered official BMW interior LED lights. They should be here by the weekend and I shall have them installed asap. This will change the interior lights from the yellow colour it is now, to white. I didn't like white interior lights earlier, but after spending time in the newer BMWs and some Audis it has grown on me. Ordered the kits for this and the 3.

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/ow...ryId=8420.html
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 21:00   #88
BHPian

Hi Akshay, I have been following your thread for a really long time, but couldn't ask you my queries because I hadn't joined T-BHP back then.

As a fellow X3 owner, I would like to ask you that how did you get the sports transmission coding done? Was it from the dealer itself? Can I get it done from Bird Automotive Sec-14 Gurgaon?

Also, I know I'm extremely late but congrats on buying personally my favourite car (though I wish BMW would be selling the 35d model here in India, I've seen and heard that its a beast!)

Note from Support: Post edited for spacing.
CarLoverJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 10:58   #89
Team-BHP Support

So just got the X3 detailed a few days ago, and also debadged it. I think it looks pretty clean now. I'm also really enjoying the all black look. Here are some pics, the interior pics show the new white LEDs which I installed last week. The LEDs make it seem more modern somehow, the yellow glow of the old bulbs was making the cabin seem older possible because now all the newer cars have whitish lights. The colour temperature of these is pure white, and is much whiter than the stock LEDs on the F30, etc but still doesn't look aftermarket.

Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails
XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1713.jpg  

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1715.jpg  

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1717.jpg  

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1721.jpg  

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1728.jpg  

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1722.jpg  

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1724.jpg  

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-img_1725.jpg  

Akshay1234 is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 11:12   #90
Senior - BHPian

Looks great. That red BMW leather I really like, like like....
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote