Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2015, 22:56   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 195
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The wheel itself was plug and play. The paddles required some wiring which was missing to activate them. No wires cut or altered, only additional wires added using BMW wires and pins to make them plug and play.

Nice! Sounds sweet! Might just try it out soon on my own car!

Speaking of which.. It's finally here!


XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1441214663.021328.jpg
Just a sample shot! Will have a full thread soon!

XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1441214731.651755.jpg
The Deep Sea Blue is absolutely gorgeous in my eyes!
venom_op is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:28   #122
BHPian
 
Mission_PGPX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 190
Thanked: 247 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Looks like its raining BMW in T-bhp.... that shows which is a driver`s car brand among german trio... Congratulations Venom_op.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:48   #123
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 2,449 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Speaking of which.. It's finally here!
The Deep Sea Blue is absolutely gorgeous in my eyes!
Congrats Bro.
Blue is just fabulous. I only wish manufacturers would give dark or light interior options with all colors.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 16:01   #124
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 195
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
Looks like its raining BMW in T-bhp.... that shows which is a driver`s car brand among german trio... Congratulations Venom_op.
Thank you, Mission_PGPX! Coming from a Vento and Endeavour, this does feel like a very welcome change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Congrats Bro.
Blue is just fabulous. I only wish manufacturers would give dark or light interior options with all colors.
Thank you! I agree, It's time India got over the beige craze!
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 20:03   #125
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,739
Thanked: 6,301 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Yes it truly does seem to be raining BMWs on team bhp. And its about time, considering they are the best of the lot to drive!

Your X3 looks hot venom_op. I wish I could have got space grey or blue with the interiors I have now.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 00:14   #126
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 195
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Yes it truly does seem to be raining BMWs on team bhp. And its about time, considering they are the best of the lot to drive!

Your X3 looks hot venom_op. I wish I could have got space grey or blue with the interiors I have now.
Thanks bro! I feel the same! I wish i could've got the Blue with the saddle brown or Mocha interiors!
venom_op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2015, 09:09   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 118
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Hi Akshay

Congrats, the M Sport steering looks great.

Do you know if this will work with a BMW F30 3 Series?

I have seen a few on sale on eBay.de. Where did you source your steering from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
WOW, dude! This wheel is a thing of dreams!

It's so sad that they don't have this on even the M Sport variants as standard or even as an option.
akshay, i hope you don't mind me posting this on your thread.

I see this M-Sport steering wheel is available with Vagtune for a cool 1.8 Lakhs.

http://www.vagtune.in/bmw/bmw-steeri...g-wheel-detail
super.cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 14:54   #128
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 195
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Hey guys. I'm in a bit of conundrum. So i just noticed that one of my tires has a screw stuck in it.

What should i do? Should i keep it there? Can it be patched up? It's in the middle of the tire and the TPMS is saying everything is fine!
venom_op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 20:02   #129
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,739
Thanked: 6,301 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Hey guys. I'm in a bit of conundrum. So i just noticed that one of my tires has a screw stuck in it.

What should i do? Should i keep it there? Can it be patched up? It's in the middle of the tire and the TPMS is saying everything is fine!
Get it repaired like a normal tubeless. The TPMS will only warn if there is a loss in pressure, so seems like there is no air leaking. But its still a better idea to get it fixed.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 12:22   #130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 195
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Get it repaired like a normal tubeless. The TPMS will only warn if there is a loss in pressure, so seems like there is no air leaking. But its still a better idea to get it fixed.

Oh. Okay. I wasn't sure if Run Flats can be repaired or not. Awesome. I'll get it done today.

Also.. The tyre guy was talking about some mushroom culture for the tyre repair. What is he talking about?
venom_op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 12:28   #131
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,715
Thanked: 8,918 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Oh. Okay. I wasn't sure if Run Flats can be repaired or not. Awesome. I'll get it done today.

Also.. The tyre guy was talking about some mushroom culture for the tyre repair. What is he talking about?
For repair of an Mushroom puncture refer this post where i got my RFT's puncture repaired by the Mushroom method;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2951473 (Run-Flat Tyres : All you need to know)

Last edited by karan561 : 15th September 2015 at 12:30.
karan561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 12:43   #132
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,739
Thanked: 6,301 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Oh. Okay. I wasn't sure if Run Flats can be repaired or not. Awesome. I'll get it done today.

Also.. The tyre guy was talking about some mushroom culture for the tyre repair. What is he talking about?
Be very careful with this mushroom method. I think the tyre has to be removed from the rim for it. And with RFTs, most tire guys will scratch the rim while removing the RFT since they don't have the right machinery to do so.

So if the rim is required to be removed, just fix it the normal way.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 01:38   #133
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nashik
Posts: 195
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Be very careful with this mushroom method. I think the tyre has to be removed from the rim for it. And with RFTs, most tire guys will scratch the rim while removing the RFT since they don't have the right machinery to do so.

So if the rim is required to be removed, just fix it the normal way.

Roger wilco! Will take it to the tyre guy tomorrow to check what the situation is. He's a professional and almost all the premium cars in my city go to him for tyre issues. So let's see what the scenario is and I'll take a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
For repair of an Mushroom puncture refer this post where i got my RFT's puncture repaired by the Mushroom method;

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2951473 (Run-Flat Tyres : All you need to know)

Thanks a lot Karan! That helped.
venom_op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 09:58   #134
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,739
Thanked: 6,301 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Have just ordered these LED fogs for the X3. Expect them to reach in a week, and will then get them installed.

http://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/78719...n-led-fog-lamp

I didn't like the fact that all the lights were white, and only the fogs yellow. The original LED fogs from the facelift were working out to be quite expensive, hence picked these up. The reviews say they improve lighting too as compared to normal fogs.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2015, 15:31   #135
BHPian
 
CarLoverJosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 39
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: XDrive Power - My BMW X3 30D - 10k kms up (page 6)

Akshay, this is sacrilege! Many of us X3 owners are waiting patiently for you updates, DIYs etc but no news as of now. Kindly accept my request and update the thread regularly. I, for one visit this thread everyday in case of some updates but alas none are to be found. Hope to see your update.
CarLoverJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My White Stallion - BMW X3 20D xDrive. A Q3 owner speaks araje Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 81 1st September 2017 11:51
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23 Akshay1234 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 449 23rd September 2016 21:02
Report, Pics & Videos : BMW Xdrive experience 2011 (Gurgaon) tsk1979 The Indian Car Scene 22 19th September 2014 19:23
First Drive: BMW X1 xDrive 20D (PPP) sidindica Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 219 21st March 2013 15:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks