Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2014, 09:21   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Great review anachronix. Liked the way you have described this lovely car.

I think I might have seen your car in Chennai. It was 30th August, the day after Ganesh Chathurthi, when I was driving around Adyar & Taramani when I saw a White Fiesta take a right turn from the OMR to proceed towards Thiruvanmiyur/Adyar. Was it you?

Last edited by nvramsub : 31st October 2014 at 09:30.
nvramsub is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 10:05   #62
BHPian
 
glenmz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Beautiful review anachronix. Takes the respect for the Fords higher.
Fords really are addictive. They make beautiful driving machines for the common man. My fiesta (classic) has crossed 60k. The service bill has been consistent at about Rs 4500 mark per 10k kms. The parts price is higher compared to say the Marutis and there is some frustration when leaving the billing counter. But then when back on the driving seat, this brings back the smile to my face.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 10:43   #63
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 43
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Excellent write up

Reading / Seeing this ownership report, I was pretty much doing the two 'happy' things at same time - Read 5* rated report and Drool over the Images.

You have / owned good set of cars, any Indian car enthusiast will love to have - as if someone is reading my mind what's next. I currently own a Figo and the only car, I think, at my budget level to replace that would be New Fiesta.

Happy Miles Ahead !
SRKHYD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 12:29   #64
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,022
Thanked: 3,480 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Thanks for a wonderful review!
I share the same love you have towards Fords, just that i have owned just one, the Ikon. You seem to have changed more cars than i have replaced mobile phones!

The Ikon still holds a special place in my heart, which is why it still continues to adorn my display avatar on Team-BHP. I can relate to the fun you would have had with the car driving up those twisties on the way to and from Kumily.

Keep updating regularly.. not the car, but your ownership experience. Hehe!
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 14:24   #65
Newbie
 
HennyMK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 8
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
What more in the Fiesta?

Keyless Entry & Drive
  • However, there is speed controlled auto-lock feature.
Congrats anachronix on your latest upgrade, it is truly a head turner & your review is equally awesome!! Enjoyed every bit of it, especially the opening pic was just incredible...too good Btw, have recently traded by semi German warhorse for this American beauty. Basically, traded of my Rapid for the all new ford fiesta and now I am a proud owner of a Silver Titanium TDCI. Though I could relate to everything you've mentioned but wanted some clarity regarding the speed controlled auto-lock feature. With this do you mean that the car auto locks after a certain speed? As my car does not do that & even my dealership has confirmed the absence of this feature. IMO this is a basic safety feature & is now available in even entry level cars so how could Ford miss this that too in their so called premium sedan offering? Also, if you could clarify whether it auto locks after a certain speed & if this feature was functional in your car since day 1 or did you get it activated from the dealership later on?

Thanking you in advance, cheers!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 31st October 2014 at 15:19. Reason: removed FONT tags
HennyMK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 16:03   #66
BHPian
 
quakerme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 109
Thanked: 56 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

There is this feature in Avventura where you can set the speed limit for the auto-lock, it may be in disabled mode by default.
My ikon didn't had remote key lock so i opted for autocop-XS and it had this auto lock feature, It would be shameful if auto-lock feature is not present in the new Fiesta which claimed as the first car from Ford stable that totally embodies the 'One-Ford' ethic.

@anachronix Is it 60/40 split fold-down rear seat backs?
quakerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2014, 19:46   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennyMK View Post
Congrats anachronix on your latest upgrade, it is truly a head turner & your review is equally awesome!! Enjoyed every bit of it, especially the opening pic was just incredible...too good Btw, have recently traded by semi German warhorse for this American beauty. Basically, traded of my Rapid for the all new ford fiesta and now I am a proud owner of a Silver Titanium TDCI. Though I could relate to everything you've mentioned but wanted some clarity regarding the speed controlled auto-lock feature. With this do you mean that the car auto locks after a certain speed? As my car does not do that & even my dealership has confirmed the absence of this feature. IMO this is a basic safety feature & is now available in even entry level cars so how could Ford miss this that too in their so called premium sedan offering? Also, if you could clarify whether it auto locks after a certain speed & if this feature was functional in your car since day 1 or did you get it activated from the dealership later on?
Congrats on getting the car. I also have the same question, as I press the lock button to lock all the doors. I don't hear the auto-lock otherwise.
nvramsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 20:34   #68
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,694
Thanked: 3,872 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Thanks for the excellent review!
Its a wonderful little car and hope it does enough numbers to keep Ford motivated to bring more machines like this.
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 05:13   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennyMK View Post
Basically, traded of my Rapid for the all new ford fiesta and now I am a proud owner of a Silver Titanium TDCI. Though I could relate to everything you've mentioned but wanted some clarity regarding the speed controlled auto-lock feature. With this do you mean that the car auto locks after a certain speed? As my car does not do that & even my dealership has confirmed the absence of this feature.!
Even my Fiesta does not auto lock and am amazed at the absence of this feature. I hope it can be activated via a software update like it is with vcds in vw cars.
If you dont mind, can you tell us the reason for selling Rapid so early? How is the drive and handing compared to Rapid, have a Vento and Fiesta is way ahead in this department, just wish engine had a bit more punch.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2014, 23:32   #70
BHPian
 
streetfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

What a fantastic review... written truly from the heart ! Being a 1.6S owner myself, I could very well relate to many of the stuff written here. It was great to know that Ford has kept the Fiesta's dna alive even after the engine downsizing.

This review has tingled me to seriously look at Fiesta again (I was thinking of upgrading to a SUV/softroader/crossover)
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 13:30   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

You should have stopped by and said a Hi, probably next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
I saw your car twice on the same day today , Once at Sholinganallur junction around noon and 2nd time at RMZ millenia park around 22:40.
Our D-BHPian tire expert had recommended the MRF ZLO, the XM2s are good if your primary requirement is comfortable ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Just one question- which tyres and what size would u recommended for swapping the oe Goodyear tyres?
Its listed in the Ford website as an official accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVPal View Post
Thanks anachronix for the information on the center armrest. Is it available as an official Ford accessory, or do you mean an aftermarket one?
I am a regular through that route, it could be me but I dont really remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
I think I might have seen your car in Chennai. It was 30th August, the day after Ganesh Chathurthi, when I was driving around Adyar & Taramani when I saw a White Fiesta take a right turn from the OMR to proceed towards Thiruvanmiyur/Adyar. Was it you?
Lol! I am sure we share the same love for the Ikon, its still very special to me and sold it to a friend who really pampers the car well. I get to see & drive the car sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I share the same love you have towards Fords, just that i have owned just one, the Ikon. You seem to have changed more cars than i have replaced mobile phones!

The Ikon still holds a special place in my heart, which is why it still continues to adorn my display avatar on Team-BHP. I can relate to the fun you would have had with the car driving up those twisties on the way to and from Kumily.


Quote:
Keep updating regularly.. not the car, but your ownership experience. Hehe!
Apologies guys, that was a silly typo error in my original post.

Quote:
However, there is NO speed controlled auto-lock feature.
The missing 'No' caused the confusion. But, the auto-lock feature can be activated. There is a program mode, I will test this and share the steps involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HennyMK View Post
Though I could relate to everything you've mentioned but wanted some clarity regarding the speed controlled auto-lock feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerme View Post
it may be in disabled mode by default.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
I also have the same question, as I press the lock button to lock all the doors. I don't hear the auto-lock otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Even my Fiesta does not auto lock and am amazed at the absence of this feature.
anachronix is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 15:30   #72
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

@anachronix.

I want to know what all treatments or modifications have you done or are planning to do for your car. Can you throw please throw some light on that?

Thanks.
nvramsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:38   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Treatments, yes! Mods, no!

Got the under-body coating and paint protection from 3M done, but I think the paint protection was terrible waste of money. May be because of the non-metallic white on the car!

The mods are coming, but in phases. First thing, I want to get rid of the XM2s and get something bigger & better. Almost bought EcoSport 16" wheels but let a friend who was using the EcoSport Trend variant buy it as he was more interested in getting those wheels for his car. I wanted them only as a stop-gap setup until I found my favorite set of 16" wheels and better tires in 195/55 R16 size.

The next mod is to get a tuning box or remap, but thats only after 20,000 Km. So there is more time for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
@anachronix.

I want to know what all treatments or modifications have you done or are planning to do for your car. Can you throw please throw some light on that?

Thanks.
anachronix is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:44   #74
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 50
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Treatments, yes! Mods, no!

Got the under-body coating and paint protection from 3M done, but I think the paint protection was terrible waste of money. May be because of the non-metallic white on the car!
Thanks. I have the 3M underbody coating, and installed the sunfilm on the front windshield - this seems to have screwed up my rain sensor!! Ford says we need to replace the entire windshield.

Also, why is paint protection a waste of money? I mean, what are you not happy about? Is it something that you'd recommend for a metallic color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

The mods are coming, but in phases. First thing, I want to get rid of the XM2s and get something bigger & better. Almost bought EcoSport 16" wheels but let a friend who was using the EcoSport Trend variant buy it as he was more interested in getting those wheels for his car. I wanted them only as a stop-gap setup until I found my favorite set of 16" wheels and better tires in 195/55 R16 size.

The next mod is to get a tuning box or remap, but thats only after 20,000 Km. So there is more time for that!
Do keep us posted, especially on the upgrade to 16" and the tuning box/remap.
nvramsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 09:38   #75
BHPian
 
Seran Manian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 471
Thanked: 266 Times
Default Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta TDCi Titanium - Ownership Review & Report

Thanks for the wonderful review. My friend owns a fiesta classic for 7 years now and has had no issues till date. The NVH levels were very less in the cabin. I too had a strong desire to go for the new fiesta, but I was serious about seating at least 5 persons and thus left it out of my list and finally settled for City I-DTEC.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ownership Report -- Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi : Update, 5 years & 1,00,000kms anumod Long-Term Ownership Reviews 72 17th August 2014 12:04
Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : Initial ownership report joethomasv Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 481 17th May 2012 20:40
Ford Figo White TDCi Titanium - Initial Ownership Report rohing Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 28th March 2012 12:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:10.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks