Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 14:18   #46
BHPian
 
ckranjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Delhi/Ajmer
Posts: 111
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

I found (see attachment) the Bluetooth guide for new i20 on the Hyundai website with list of Phones and features supported. Have a look.

I booked the car on 11th September. No signs of the car yet. The SE says that it will be in transit in next couple of days.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HMIE_VMD_IB_AUDIO_20140805.pdf (2.84 MB, 723 views)
ckranjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 14:49   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 465
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
I found (see attachment) the Bluetooth guide for new i20 on the Hyundai website with list of Phones and features supported. Have a look.

I booked the car on 11th September. No signs of the car yet. The SE says that it will be in transit in next couple of days.
All the best with the wait. Hope to see the ownership thread soon.

Incidentally saw our car for the first time on 11th

Thank you for the guide. It is interesting to see the list of phones supported. Quite helpful.

One has to depend on the HU for most of the telephony functions. Would have been better if some of the scroll options were included in the steering wheel controls.
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 16:09   #48
BHPian
 
SHANKY11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 71
Thanked: 248 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Although I am late, but allow me to congratulate you on your latest acquisition. It was an awesome story with an even better narration. Even I have owned an i20 Asta CRDi (1st gen) for close to 2 years. The car has the best in class engine and best in class features. The only thing lacking was the lifeless steering in an otherwise brilliant package.

The new Elite i20 looks stunning and your images do full justice to the car. After reading your review, I am considering buying an i20 again in future (The earlier one has been sold now)

I am actually in the middle of convincing my soon to be wife towards it and Im sure your thread will help me a lot in it.
SHANKY11 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 18:42   #49
BHPian
 
Raghav_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 96
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Congratulations on a very well written review.

I could never bring myself to complete my ownership review. The car is pretty easy to drive in the city and I have clocked around 3200 odd kilometers. I up shift at around 1900 rpm, and I don't feel any turbo lag at all.
Raghav_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 13:19   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 465
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHANKY11 View Post
.I am actually in the middle of convincing my soon to be wife towards it and Im sure your thread will help me a lot in it.
Thank you. And good luck with your "negotiations".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
Congratulations on a very well written review.

I could never bring myself to complete my ownership review. The car is pretty easy to drive in the city and I have clocked around 3200 odd kilometers. I up shift at around 1900 rpm, and I don't feel any turbo lag at all.
Thank you.

You are ahead of me, but only for a short while. I have another marathon drive lined up for this month

You are spot on. The drive within the city is extremely easy and one never feels the turbo lag. However on the open roads/ highways one does feel the lag if in a hurry.

How is your fuel efficiency? Also were the tyres Apollo? Somehow feels they make too much noise on the road. Though not really bothersome, need to check on another car.
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 16:16   #51
BHPian
 
ckranjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Delhi/Ajmer
Posts: 111
Thanked: 63 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
All the best with the wait. Hope to see the ownership thread soon.

Incidentally saw our car for the first time on 11th

Thank you for the guide. It is interesting to see the list of phones supported. Quite helpful.

One has to depend on the HU for most of the telephony functions. Would have been better if some of the scroll options were included in the steering wheel controls.
Thanks for your wishes. Got the VIN today. Car is manufactured on 06th Oct. Will be taking delivery on 21st.
ckranjan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2014, 09:58   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 465
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckranjan View Post
Thanks for your wishes. Got the VIN today. Car is manufactured on 06th Oct. Will be taking delivery on 21st.
Congrats!

Do keep posting about your experience along with an ownership thread.
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 12:05   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 465
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Crossed 5000km over the weekend

Such a blast to drive on open highways. Ran out of road before the engine could run out of juice is all that I have to say for now. Excellent brakes to complement the power at hand.

Best mileage on the highways: 20+ kmpl
Worst mileage on the highways: 16+ kmpl

No major grouses; will try to jot down here a summary shortly. Sort of tired from a 2K road trip in 2 days.
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 14:44   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cochin
Posts: 54
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Congrags Vinjoseph for the car.
I too am a proud owner of an elite i20 CRDI Sportz (O). Was one of the first few customers to get delivery in Kerala, got mine on 31 August, 2014. Done 3200 km so far, and had few minor issues. Compiling an ownership report as of now, should be able to post it by weekend.
Keep the miles counting, and keep us updated.
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 20:23   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 465
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
Congrags Vinjoseph for the car.
I too am a proud owner of an elite i20 CRDI Sportz (O). Was one of the first few customers to get delivery in Kerala, got mine on 31 August, 2014. Done 3200 km so far, and had few minor issues. Compiling an ownership report as of now, should be able to post it by weekend.
Keep the miles counting, and keep us updated.

Thank you and congrats!

Looking forward to your ownership experience.

If it's not asking for too much, would you mind sharing the issues you faced? I might be still in fool's paradise and hence missed those . Ignorance is a bliss, but I'm curious as well.
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 10:52   #56
BHPian
 
nvluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Congrates vinjosep,

have been following this thread for a few days. i also have purchased a i20 asta crdi in September have done around 1300 km and am very happy with the purchase. in the last tank full method got an average of 19.9, city driving with early morning traffic free drives and evening drive with traffic. i usually upshift around 2k to run in the new car. over all a breeze to drive considering that have been driving only auto transmission for more than 4 years now.

few questions for you based on my observation so far:

the headlight is weak did you also observe this.
the headlight does not go up as much as i would like compared to the other cars i own
the rear speaker are weak compared to the front.
nvluv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 11:54   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 465
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
Congrates vinjosep,

have been following this thread for a few days. i also have purchased a i20 asta crdi in September have done around 1300 km and am very happy with the purchase. in the last tank full method got an average of 19.9, city driving with early morning traffic free drives and evening drive with traffic. i usually upshift around 2k to run in the new car. over all a breeze to drive considering that have been driving only auto transmission for more than 4 years now.

few questions for you based on my observation so far:

the headlight is weak did you also observe this.
the headlight does not go up as much as i would like compared to the other cars i own
the rear speaker are weak compared to the front.
Congratulations!

Your observations are spot on, I would say.

I am not happy either with the headlamps at the moment.

They are ok for city drives, but on the highways at night it's a different story altogether. If there are no other light source, then the headlamps are adequate. For all other scenarios the HL (both high & low) are a let down. Feels as if the light intensity is not enough, though the throw is good. Comparatively fog lamps feel brighter.

Haven't decided yet on how to improve this situation. All thoughts welcome.

And you are right, the headlamp doesn't go up as much as one would want it to. However it doesn't bother me as much as the lack of intensity.

Haven't had complaints from the rear w.r.t the speakers. Will take another round of feedback and let's see what comes up. I haven't traveled in the car other than in the driver's seat and hence can't comment.

Will be crossing 6K this week and the fuel efficiency in the city with moderate to heavy traffic has been above 16kmpl. Your average, in comparison, is really good.

Last edited by vinjosep : 4th November 2014 at 12:18.
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 12:33   #58
BHPian
 
nvluv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 58
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I am upgrading to hid. Will update regarding the feedback on the same.
You can check the rear speaker performance by changing the fader to rear only you would be amazed with the difference between the front and rear
nvluv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 00:16   #59
BHPian
 
freakmuzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 450
Thanked: 281 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Congrats on your new ride! And sorry for the late wishes. One thing I would like to share is that I did not like the looks of the Elite while I saw it in T-Bhp and other forums but offlate when I see Elite i20 on the road, it just looks too amazing and very European to look at! I just love the Tail Lamps! Have fun with your ride! Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2014, 13:59   #60
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 465
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: Mumblings of a Nomad, The “Elite”ment diaries - My Hyundai i20 1.4L CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Congrats on your new ride! And sorry for the late wishes. One thing I would like to share is that I did not like the looks of the Elite while I saw it in T-Bhp and other forums but offlate when I see Elite i20 on the road, it just looks too amazing and very European to look at! I just love the Tail Lamps! Have fun with your ride! Cheers!
Thanks for the kind wishes, the car does bring on a smile every time I drive it.

I can relate to your thoughts. My first visual impression of the car, based on the scoop pics were not so flattering - except for the tail lamps. Its only after I laid eyes on a sample were my fears laid to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
I am upgrading to hid. Will update regarding the feedback on the same.
You can check the rear speaker performance by changing the fader to rear only you would be amazed with the difference between the front and rear
Thanks. Will wait for your feedback.

However knowing me, I would try to get those Euro spec headlamps...

Last edited by vinjosep : 6th November 2014 at 14:03.
vinjosep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red Passion: My Hyundai Elite i20 Asta CRDi. EDIT, 30K Update Bubby Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 1st April 2017 10:31
Something new in Life : My Hyundai Elite i20 Sports (O) CRDI ps_abhijith Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 34 16th October 2015 08:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:42.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks