Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 18th July 2007, 20:56   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
What is the quickest way to find out, if the stock is not old...?
i believe that would be through the chassis number - For the stiles, the chassis number is of the format "<7 digit number><letter for month of year>sz" .. Not sure what the sz stands for - maybe one of them represents the year .. for instance, my palio is xxxxxxxfsz - and f is supposed to mean June ... All other methods (mfg date on seatbelt, tyres, battery) are approx at best, because any of these could be changed at a later date - but i guess once the chassis is made and the number is printed, it isn't changed

cheers!
Old 18th July 2007, 23:37   #152
BHPian

@ Thingummy
I didnt get the Chassis No. point of urs
u mean to say there are 8 characters in Chassis no. and the eigth one represents the Month. What about the year part?
And if you have the list which can tell us which letter represents which month, then plz post it
Old 19th July 2007, 06:22   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
@ Thingummy
I didnt get the Chassis No. point of urs
u mean to say there are 8 characters in Chassis no. and the eigth one represents the Month. What about the year part?
And if you have the list which can tell us which letter represents which month, then plz post it
On the Palio Stile at least, there is a 7 digit number, followed by three letters - The first of those letters represents the month, and somewhere in this number, the year is also encoded (i didn't bother finding out about the year because i knew the stiles were manufactured in 2007 - i just wanted to be sure that i wasn't getting an old TD'ed vehicle)

Maybe the adventure owners can throw more light on how the chassis number on the adventure maps to the date of manufacture, but i am guessing that the numbering mechanism will be the same for all FIAT cars, and not model specific.

cheers!
Old 19th July 2007, 20:32   #154
BHPian

Talking Adventure Lovers!

Hello Fiat and Fiat Adventure Lovers ....,

I had been to the Tata-Fiat showroom today for some insurance work. I found out the following

1. Fiat Adventure is available in Formula Red and Silver Frost colour. Thunder Black is not in stock as of now!
2. It is manufactured in Ranjangaon and not in Kurla for sure!
3. There is no plan of FIAT to discontinue this car in recent future
4. Fiat Adventure is available for test drive @ dealers place as well as at your place. I saw one Formula Red adventure TD vehicle at the dealers place today!

Hence, Delhi/Gurgaon dealers are bluffing for sure or they have the old Kurla stock

Thanks
Old 19th July 2007, 21:25   #155
BHPian

@Omar
Do you have any contact details of any senior Sales Head or any other Senior person in FIAT India.
I want to write a mail regarding the whole issue.
The mail ID given by Thomas is not working.
I have right now two options in my mind, FIAT Adventure and FORD Fusion.
Although by heart I want to go with Adventure, but such incident are pushing me towards Fusion
Old 19th July 2007, 21:43   #156
Senior - BHPian

It is true that when I visited a dealer in Bangalore, he did not even have a vehicle to show to the customers. Moreover, he said it is only made to order and have a waiting period of 4 weeks. Sooooooooo disgusting.
Old 19th July 2007, 21:53   #157
Senior - BHPian

If the pre-buying experience is so poor one wonders what awaits after you buy the car, if you manage to buy it at all.
Old 20th July 2007, 09:49   #158
BHPian

Quote:
@Omar
Do you have any contact details of any senior Sales Head or any other Senior person in FIAT India.
I want to write a mail regarding the whole issue.
The mail ID given by Thomas is not working.
I have right now two options in my mind, FIAT Adventure and FORD Fusion.
Although by heart I want to go with Adventure, but such incident are pushing me towards Fusion
Hi! Suggest, you speak to MK from Fiat Club India. He has the contact number of the senior FIAT guys. His e-mail ID is mk@fiatclubindia.com. Also, you can log on to Fiat Club India and post your query. Please let me know, if still you haven;t been able to get any help! My e-mail id is omar1310@yahoo.com.

Having said so, I have absolutely no issues with the A-S-S and my expereince in last 1 year has been same (if not better) as with Hyundai (Hyundai is rated as one of the best in A-S-S in India)

You must park you doubts on A-S-S aside while buying this car, as I feel its a thing of the past. (You may still face some issues in Delhi/Gurgaon though, but which I am sure you can live with) more so because, you will be driving one of the best designed cars for India in that segment (C and D)

You have to drive this car in Mumbai monsoon roads to realise what you have bought!

All the best!
Old 20th July 2007, 10:31   #159
BHPian

Thanks a lot OMAR,
I have gone through an article on comparision of Fusion and Adventure
maybe you have already seen this
Indiacar.com - Shoot out By TopGear FORD FUSION vs FIAT ADVENTURE
What i wanted to highlight here is a line in this article about Adventure
"People who own it swear by it, but also swear at the company."
So its somewhat same here, i have found any reviews from Adventure owner complaiing about CAR, whatever problems are there, all are from the company. And I am Sure its altogether a different story in Italy.
Its only there Indian Counterpart, whoo need to know what is professionalism.
Anyways Thanks again for your help
Old 24th July 2007, 12:29   #160
BHPian

Is FIAT Adventure phased out, and no more manufactured in india.
Guys please try to get a authenticate news
No dealer will say its phased out, only senior TATA or FIAT peoples can say that.
Old 29th July 2007, 13:15   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
i believe that would be through the chassis number - For the stiles, the chassis number is of the format "<7 digit number><letter for month of year>sz" .. Not sure what the sz stands for - maybe one of them represents the year .. for instance, my palio is xxxxxxxfsz - and f is supposed to mean June ...
A to L stands for January to December, i.e month of manufacture

ZZ - 2000
YZ - 2001
XZ - 2002
WZ - 2003
VZ - 2004
UZ - 2005
TZ - 2006
SZ - 2007

There, you have it in a nut-shell
Old 29th July 2007, 16:04   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is FIAT Adventure phased out, and no more manufactured in india.
Guys please try to get a authenticate news
No dealer will say its phased out, only senior TATA or FIAT peoples can say that.

I guess Finney has got a mail from FIAT stating that the adventure is not being produced. I remember reading it.
Old 30th July 2007, 09:36   #163
BHPian

Hi Thomas,
can we do something, for a relaunch of FIAT Adventure.
What the TATA-FIAT guy told me was that. they have stopped manufacturing it, and now they are thinking about the options.
Phasing out is the most probable option.
So anything which we can do, through FCI or any other thing
Old 30th July 2007, 12:07   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Thomas,
can we do something, for a relaunch of FIAT Adventure.
What the TATA-FIAT guy told me was that. they have stopped manufacturing it, and now they are thinking about the options.
Phasing out is the most probable option.
So anything which we can do, through FCI or any other thing
Raghav, with the new stile on the prowl, the adventure would have become a very unfeasible proposition for FIAT. The Stile has almost everything different from the old Palio. I've heard even the fuel tank design has changed. The stile is almost 95% localised (thats what i think te figures are). THe adventure is not a high volume product and FIAT would not probably think they could make it one after all these years, especially taking into consideration Indian attitude towards Station WAgons. Thus putting in more investments for the adventure should not be attractive to FIAT. Moreover personally I dont believe the "Stile" quality would do any good to a car like adventure. Adventure needs to be "solid".

And Raghav, I know you are very enthusiastic but i would advice you to look for a second hand one, in case you are so in love with it. DOnt you feel its now a bit too late to go in for a new adventure now? Probably you should wait for the Linea. It should be as solid as all FIATs.
Old 30th July 2007, 12:13   #165
BHPian

Otherwise, suggest, you pick up the Silver Frost which is available at the dealer's place.

In any case, you don;t think about the facts like after sales, mileage, future plans of this car etc. etc. when you plan for a dream vehicle like Adventure!

Regards
Closed Thread