Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2007, 12:23   #166
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raghav, It is sad but true, Fiat India has stopped production of Adventure & there is no plan for new version. Here is the mail from Ricky Walter, Sales Head, Fiat India:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 12:50 PM
To: Finney Philip-IC
Subject: RE: Fiat Adventure
Dear Mr.Finney

We have stopped producing Adventure model and have no plans of introducing the new version.

G Punt and Linea will be launched mid next year.

Regards.

Ricky
Old 30th July 2007, 22:27   #167
BHPian

I haven't seen linea,
but would it be giving the all Independent suspensio, those class apart roof rails. bull guard, halogen lamps, pirelli tyres.
I doubt it, I don't know why didn't this car picked up in sales, its not just a statioin wagaon, its also gives the whole adventure of a SUV.
Ok for saloon or sedan Linea is fine, but what about the Station wagaon or SUV sector.
I simply cant compare it with any station wagons, reason being its looks, and despite being so lengthy its comfortable.
And Thomas If I would have known that such a car exists then i would have bought this car a year back. But its just the gr8 advertisemensts of FIAT that noone knows that such a car exists. You guys yourself have pointed out that people just stare at the vehicle, clearly suugesting that people dont know anything about this car.
And India is a population of 100 crores and even if 1 % of car buyers buy this car, it will be more then FIAT expectation. I blame its poor sale on FIAT's poor marketing strategies. A car is selling without any advertisement, without any marketing, even then FIAT is complaining abt its poor sale.
How can you expect that, without any propogating any product, you will achieve your sales target. And Fiat Adventure is very much in market in Brasil, and the road conditions or the per average car buyer is more or less same in brasil and india, its just the FIAT brasil is handling this car professioanlly. You just have a look at FIAT Brasil site, its much more better then its indian counterpart.
Now what is the options FIAT is giving apart from a mini hatch.
Its not FIAT India, its Palio Stile-india. Only those who wants to buy Palio will go to fiat, there is nothing else with them.
Linea will come in Feb_Mar 2008 and Puntp may more later, so till then there is a gap of 8 months, which includes the peak season of festivals from october to December to initial january. Most of the car buyers launch their new products around that time only, but fiat is shrinking its port folio. I think they should have continued this car, atleast for 1 to 2 months, atleast till they launch any new vehicle. Now they are banking completly on Palio, honestly it doesn't make any sense to put all eggs in same basket, atleast for 8 months.
phew.... but there is no point, in discussing all this, FIAT-India will continue to act as per its misconceptions abt indian market and its illusive strategy.
Even if they improve tommoroow it will be just a consolation, its like one who could have a whole meal is happy with a bread slice.
Old 31st July 2007, 00:28   #168
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
its like one who could have a whole meal is happy with a bread slice.
Well said..and i would like to add that they will probably miss the bread slice as well.

Every manufacturer is getting aggressive and launching new variants every few months (swift, sx4, versa??, wagonr, santro, Pa, getz D, aveo, optra, logan, tata 1 lakh car, xeta, indigo xl, etc etc)...but fiat is doing the opposite...stopping production.

Fiat also needs to address the issue about its service network...they can take a leaf out of gm....service within 3 hrs or its free and ensuring they have good service stations within every major city. maybe give a 3 yr free service plan with every car....
Old 31st July 2007, 05:04   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
maybe give a 3 yr free service plan with every car....
For that Fiat would have to be around in India for three years in the first place.

O.T. Reminds me of teh time Daewoo was going bellyup in India. TO fool the public that all was fine, they were offering 4 year warraty on Matiz (2+2yr extended!)

Fiat India is in the pits and they have killed both the decent cars tehy had-Adventure (RIP) and the palio 1.6- I know that the 1.6 Stile is available, but just park the 1.6 Stile next to teh old 1.6 sport and u will know what I am talking about.
Old 31st July 2007, 07:16   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I know that the 1.6 Stile is available, but just park the 1.6 Stile next to teh old 1.6 sport and u will know what I am talking about.
Moralfibre, if you are listening, why not a comparison between 1.6 Stile & 1.6 Sport?
Old 31st July 2007, 07:21   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Moralfibre, if you are listening, why not a comparison between 1.6 Stile & 1.6 Sport?
I will try buddy. I don't want to use a test car for the comparison. Will try and put it up in the relevant thread.
Old 31st July 2007, 09:24   #172
BHPian

This is going to be even more difficult to get spares for Adventure now
Old 31st July 2007, 23:39   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I guess Finney has got a mail from FIAT stating that the adventure is not being produced. I remember reading it.
Hi thomas,
I submitted some feedbacks on adventure at FIAT India website. I got a reply stating that management has thought over this very well, and after that they have stopped Adventure.
Is FIAT planning anything else apart from Linea and Punot, for India, like any SUV?
Old 1st August 2007, 10:40   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi thomas,
I submitted some feedbacks on adventure at FIAT India website. I got a reply stating that management has thought over this very well, and after that they have stopped Adventure.
Is FIAT planning anything else apart from Linea and Punot, for India, like any SUV?
Not likely. I guess their full efforts are towards launching the GP and the Linea. The Stile should be just a stop gap arrangement. Now FIAT is also concentrating on volumes. Its not anymore about quality. Atleast thats what the stile makes me feel. And with the new diesel engines and the 95% localisation, the costs could be kept down.

Raghav, there is something that i was told by my close friend when i was confused over buying the Adventure. With all the offers i got. He told me that buying an adventure is once in a lifetime thing. You either buy it now or you can never own it again. And i have always regretted not having an S10 (though i was so young to buy a car at that time!!! ]. I just went for it. And thats how the F.Red Sport became 'family'.

Seeing all the admiration you have for the car. I suggest you should try getting a used one. As i always say, if you dont mind a little less legspace at the rear, not that great F.E figures and waiting for your spares to arrive and only if you are looking for smooth power, really cool suspensions, and the unique look on the roads....Its worth owning one.
Old 1st August 2007, 16:13   #175
BHPian

Default low quality??

Quote:
...Atleast thats what the stile makes me feel...
Hey Gemi, do you want to elaborate on that comment there? I am a Stile owner, and am increasingly concerned about repeated comments i'm seeing on the quality. The 1.6 stile is a few kilos lighter, and i've been told that the reduction was from the missing stone guard, missing spoiler and redesigned bumpers (sounds reasonable for the 20 kilo drop in kerb weight)

What exactly are the "low quality" elements? Are they using lower gauge steel? Are they using more local parts (not to imply that they are lower quality - but still)? I haven't done detailed research, but from a cursory look between the retro 1.6 and stile 1.6, i didn't see any change in parts used within the engine bay. The plastics and switchgear also felt exactly the same - if anything the beige plastics feel softer, and not as brittle. There was a significant change in parts used between the GTX and later 1.6, but i haven't seen this to be the case between the 1.6 and stile 1.6. So, any further information you can provide on the low quality would be helpful

(one worried owner to another not so worried owner...)

cheers!
Old 2nd August 2007, 14:17   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Not likely. I guess their full efforts are towards launching the GP and the Linea. The Stile should be just a stop gap arrangement. Now FIAT is also concentrating on volumes. Its not anymore about quality. Atleast thats what the stile makes me feel. And with the new diesel engines and the 95% localisation, the costs could be kept down.

Raghav, there is something that i was told by my close friend when i was confused over buying the Adventure. With all the offers i got. He told me that buying an adventure is once in a lifetime thing. You either buy it now or you can never own it again. And i have always regretted not having an S10 (though i was so young to buy a car at that time!!! ]. I just went for it. And thats how the F.Red Sport became 'family'.

Seeing all the admiration you have for the car. I suggest you should try getting a used one. As i always say, if you dont mind a little less legspace at the rear, not that great F.E figures and waiting for your spares to arrive and only if you are looking for smooth power, really cool suspensions, and the unique look on the roads....Its worth owning one.
Hi Thomas,
I was thinking about the option of still buying the FIAT Adventure.
There are few models at dealers in few NCR of delhi.
So what would you suggest that, should i take the risk of buying this car.
I am mostly worried about spares parts, as far as engine parts are concerned, i think they are common with palio1.6 sports, so may be i will get them easily, but what about the body parts like Headlights, bumpers etc?
Also few of my freinds have just returned from china, they told me that Adventure is quiet popular amongst Chinese, and they have seen too many Adventures in china compared to India. I am wondering what excuse FIAT-India has for this. Its popular in china, in europe, in Brazil, then why didnt it picked up here. One cant blame it on the mentality of indians that they don't like Station wagon, the sales figure Indigo Marina is the biggest proof. My Dear FIAT-India please do something, and stop making illusive excuses, face the fact that your marketing strategy is not as par as your cars. Only once you know your faults then only you can improve them, when you are having misconceptions about your poor sale, then obviously the strategy to counter it will also be wrong.
Old 12th November 2007, 11:49   #177
BHPian

Default WELCOME HARISH to FIAT CLUB-You are a proud Adventure Owner now!

Hi! Congrats on owning the FIAT Adventure. I can understand your position when, you couldn't wipe out the car from your mind, despite of thinking so much! In all, you could manage to get an excellent package for this amazing car. I just did Mumbai-Sasan Gir-Mumbai in my FIAT beauty. I will be posting the report in travelogue section soon!

Welcome to the world of automobile intoxication called FIAT Adventure!

Quote:
Hi Thomas,
I was thinking about the option of still buying the FIAT Adventure.
There are few models at dealers in few NCR of delhi.
So what would you suggest that, should i take the risk of buying this car.
I am mostly worried about spares parts, as far as engine parts are concerned, i think they are common with palio1.6 sports, so may be i will get them easily, but what about the body parts like Headlights, bumpers etc?
Also few of my freinds have just returned from china, they told me that Adventure is quiet popular amongst Chinese, and they have seen too many Adventures in china compared to India. I am wondering what excuse FIAT-India has for this. Its popular in china, in europe, in Brazil, then why didnt it picked up here. One cant blame it on the mentality of indians that they don't like Station wagon, the sales figure Indigo Marina is the biggest proof. My Dear FIAT-India please do something, and stop making illusive excuses, face the fact that your marketing strategy is not as par as your cars. Only once you know your faults then only you can improve them, when you are having misconceptions about your poor sale, then obviously the strategy to counter it will also be wrong.

Last edited by omar1310 : 12th November 2007 at 11:50. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 13th November 2007, 11:37   #178
BHPian

Thanks dear.
I dont think i had spent so much of thought on any any other thing, and if i remember your initial posts when you were buying your adventure, then it seems it same for all of us.
Hmm i have to go out of station for 3 days, and i have started missing my car.
Anyways do post the pics, Although i own adventure now, but whenever i see a adventure on road, i want to follow it.
Old 13th November 2007, 16:10   #179
Team-BHP Support

Considering this car is no more available, is there any point in keeping this prospective buyer's research report thread still open?
Old 13th November 2007, 19:24   #180
BHPian

For the moment, that would be fine. But, if & when FIAT decide to launch the 1.3MJD version, i hope it will be re-activated
Closed Thread