Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2007, 16:58   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Are you referring to Yogesh Mittal of PUG? Yes, you'd do well to wait for the warranty to be over because FIAT wouldn't honour the warranty once the kit is fitted. This kit costs about Rs. 70,000/-.

I even got 2 years extended warranty for my Adventure .
Yes DI, its Yogesh I was referring to. Like I said, I shall wait for the warranty to get over. The saving in fuel cost will more than make up for the extra cost of the loss of warranty, though.
Old 21st May 2007, 11:15   #77
BHPian

Default FIAT's performance is only getting better

Hello,

I was one of those dare devils who decided to buy FIAT when no one was buying. I bought this BEAST (Formula Red Adventure Sport) just after Tata-Fiat alliance was announed. In fact, the adventure which I drove for the first time was from a Tata Motors dealer.

I own it for about 10 months now. I have driven it for more than 10,000 kms. I have never got FE below 9kmpl in Mumbai city for last 8 months with 100% a/c on. I wonder, which other car with 100 horses and 1230kgs gives much more mileage that this Italian BEAST!

ISSUES with FIAT, ISSUES with the CAR, ISSUES with SPARES etc. etc. are thing of the past. I miss this car, if I don't drive it for 2-3 days.

Have you been checking ::ITALIASPEED:: ? You will realise, all the FIAT India buyers are going to see 2001-2002 FIAT Palio day's success again. Sooner.....as FIAT is ruling the European market like no other.

I just wonder, what would have happened, had I not taken the test drive of this car, one fine afternoon just passing by....I would have missed driving this GREAT CAR for few more years....or may be forever!!! Thank GOD, it didn't happen!

GO FOR IT....is the VERDICT from the person, who wrote this research report!
Old 1st June 2007, 20:29   #78

Default I don't have any doubt coz I got 13+ onerall

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Yes. Interiors in all the current Fiat models are a big let down.
As per many people who have driven Adventure, they are all praise for its ride and handling.
There have been rumours regarding the spruced up Palio going on for quite some time. But there is no confirmation from Fiat yet regarding its introduction in India; atleast, I do not know of one yet.
TopGear magazine is featuring the Adventure as its long term vehicle since 3-4 months and they quote a mileage of 8.8. Owners also have reported around the same mileage. I really doubt you getting anything around 12 in the city.

PS: I have niether sat in an Adventure nor driven one. These are my views based on the members of this forum. I own a Palio 1.2.
I own this beauty from last six month & I really happy with her performance, ride quality, road handling, etc.........
I got 13+ milage combined 50-50% in city & on highways with 100% time AC on.
Old 6th June 2007, 06:57   #79
BHPian

I don't see many pics of adventure, can all the adverture owners post pics of their cars? in this thread of anywhere else
Old 14th June 2007, 11:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the Adventure Sport 1.6 starts smoothly. I feel that mine is taking way too long to get started. ie. the starter motor rotates a few times before the engine gets to run. I feel this because my Ford Fusion just starts with a turn of the key. It takes just less than a second for the engine to run. But on the adventure its takes like 2-3 seconds before the engine starts.

Old 14th June 2007, 16:45   #81
BHPian

Mine too. It takes a few more cranks than the Accent I used to have. It sometimes irritates when after turning off the engine in trafic and I have to quick start after police intervene and ask me to proceed on Red
Old 18th June 2007, 10:20   #82
BHPian

Default Only in the morning!

Hi! My Adventure takes say 4-5 seconds of crank before it starts. But its only in the morning. Otherwise, it starts within 2-3 seconds like any other car!

But does that matter? It a sheer pleasure to drive this beauty!
Old 18th June 2007, 10:46   #83
BHPian

Yes, It happens for Petra also, specially in the mornings.
Car starts after 3-4 rotaions of starter motor. But I have seen it starting even in half crank. Asked the service guys about it and they said its fine.
Old 18th June 2007, 10:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

I have the starting problem after i drive it for a bit and then stop it for about 30 mins. Then it behaves badly before it starts!
Old 18th June 2007, 12:13   #85
Senior - BHPian

cool. so i think that is normal with the 1.6 engine. i felt this since my ford fusion starts jst as i turn the key. Its so fast!!! But the adventure takes a little while before getting to run. I just wanted to confirm if this is just with my car. Anyways thanks guys. Its a really good world with all of you FIAT lovers out there to help. Thanks.
Old 18th June 2007, 12:26   #86
BHPian

Default Hi!Gemi...

Hi!Gemi, since you drive both Adventure and Fusion, which one as per you is a better bet!

Regards
Old 18th June 2007, 13:01   #87
BHPian

just did a long trip got mileage of over 16 with reliance petrol. It had just undergone second service. did over 100 kms once in a while.

Last edited by swathyd : 18th June 2007 at 13:02.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:07   #88
BHPian

And another thing i noticed is that sudden unleashing of power at certain times. The engine became super responsive just as it is turbocharged. This phenomenon lasted for about 25 kms. Was very much available on 3rd and fourth gears, the vehicle got to take off even at 1100 rpms, which i never felt before.
Old 18th June 2007, 13:28   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
Hi!Gemi, since you drive both Adventure and Fusion, which one as per you is a better bet!

Regards
Hmm!!! Let me try this one.

Price - Almost same if you dont consider the discounts.
Ground Clearance - I think the fusion has 195mm and the Adventure 190mm
Space - The Fusion wins Hands Down. No other car would give you so much space in the interiors (for four of course!!)
Engine - Though both are 1.6 engines, the fusion delivers real power and is a rev happy engine. But if you have experienced the FIAT 1.6 you would really miss that silky smooth feel.
F.E - Personally i feel its almost the same. You can get upto 14-15 on highways easily and nearly 10 in city. However the Fusion might win by a slight margin.
Equipment - The fusion offers lots more of equipments than the adventure. It has lots of small things that would make you feel good.
Interiors - The Fusion of course. Unless you do something really good to the stock interiors of the Adventure.
Braking - Hats off to the Fusion. Its got excellent braking capability and you would never feel uncomfortable in stoping it. The Adventure too would surely stop but it will keep you thinking till the last moment.
Ride Comfort(Suspension) - FIAT.FIAT AND ONLY FIAT. The ride on the fusion is "t e r r i b l e" especially at slow speeds. This is basically where your priority factor steps in. and this is why i would choose the adventure over the fusion anyday, anytime, anywhere!!!
Old 18th June 2007, 13:57   #90
BHPian

Hey Gemithomas, thanks for the information. You have given the pros and cons of the both in short. I was searching for this kind of information. I am disappointed to know that Fusion's ride quality is bad at low speeds.
Closed Thread