Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 26th June 2007, 19:31   #106
BHPian

Hi Swathyd,

Could you please confirm if you are getting adventure @ 5.2L on road in ur home town. I am from Bangalore, I tried searching for 2006 adventures here but they are saying only 60K discount. Any information is would be of great help to me
Old 26th June 2007, 20:14   #107
BHPian

I got mine for 5.6L on road this April (delivered in May though) from Prerana.
Old 27th June 2007, 00:21   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
A 2006 adventure is available for as low as 5.2 lakhs onroad. Informed by a friend.
Thats a killer price, I hope they continue producing this till Jan08, thats when I am planning to buy one

wonder when the market will realize how VFM this is
Old 27th June 2007, 10:51   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Hi Swathyd,

Could you please confirm if you are getting adventure @ 5.2L on road in ur home town. I am from Bangalore, I tried searching for 2006 adventures here but they are saying only 60K discount. Any information is would be of great help to me
ravi. Thats just bull****. I bought mine at an OTR of 5.29. Plus Art Leather Seat Cover (which i made them redo 3 times since the fitting was not correct). They were willing to give me an mp3 player also but i did not want one. But the case here was that i had a same product lying with another dealer and i bargained with both of them.

Try finding some other dealer who want to sell his stock. Bargin with both. You could easily get over a lakh as discount now. common me. the vehicle would be almost 8-9months old by now.
Old 27th June 2007, 11:08   #110
BHPian

It s a 2006 adventure. Thats why they are offering huge discounts. May be a year old, and i got a 2006 adventure in 2006. Anyhow its a good deal, but banglore dealers are not offering huge discounts.

Last edited by swathyd : 27th June 2007 at 11:10.
Old 28th June 2007, 00:58   #111
BHPian

Quote:
It s a 2006 adventure. Thats why they are offering huge discounts.
Hummm... is it really advisable to pick-up a 1 year old car ??? what if it is just standing somewhere for most of the time?
Old 28th June 2007, 14:28   #112
BHPian

they sure might be giving huge offers in coming ganpati n diwali festival
Old 28th June 2007, 17:45   #113
BHPian

Default I suggest, pick up a fresh manufacture car!

Hi! I had checked sometimes in April about Adventure and one of the leading Tata Motor dealer (with whom, I am kind of very friendly) told me that only 2-3 adventures are left and rest all sold!

Hence, this one may be a very old one and I suggest, don't go for it. Rather you pay more and get a fresh stock!

Thanks
Old 28th June 2007, 19:03   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone confirm if Adventure has the same build quality as before?

Palio Stile seems have rattles from day 1.
Old 29th June 2007, 01:02   #115
BHPian

Default 2006 adventure

gemithomas

Thanks for the suggestion. I have decided not to go with the old adventure.
Old 29th June 2007, 09:14   #116
BHPian

Thats a wise decision to go for a new one. An adventure made in new pune plant will be having better build quality, and perphaps that will ensure greater level of peace of mind. They also have new paint shop. Give us a detailed report after taking delivery of adventure.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:29   #117
BHPian

There is no assurance of the new look adventure launch though they had mentioned that it will available post july, during the Stile Launch.

If it launches, am willing to buy one or probably will influence to get the first one.

Quote:
Thats a wise decision to go for a new one. An adventure made in new pune plant will be having better build quality, and perphaps that will ensure greater level of peace of mind. They also have new paint shop. Give us a detailed report after taking delivery of adventure.
Old 29th June 2007, 11:14   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Can anyone confirm if Adventure has the same build quality as before?

Palio Stile seems have rattles from day 1.
CrAzY dRiVeR, The Adventure Sport is a trimmed down version of the old Adventure both in features and price. The cost cutting has led to changes including even in the parts sourcing aspects. I dont think there is any differenc in the build quality. Its still as strong as it could get.
Old 29th June 2007, 13:08   #119
BHPian

Default I don't think, it was announced about the new look Adventure during the Stile launch

Hi! I was there at the Ranjangaon factory and they didn;t announced the new look Adventure launch.

I had spoken to the FIAT executives and there is no plan in the near future. Hence, the adventure is going to be available in the existing model for some time now!

Incidentally, the 2006 Adventure may be more than 8 months old and better avoidable not because of anything else but because of the fact that the car must be stationary for last 8 months and I am sure none of the car manufacturers have state of the art storage facility as its very expensive. Mostly they are kept in the open and they are expected to move in few days post manufsacturing.

So, spend little more and get the 2007 June manufactured Adventure!!!

Regards
Old 29th June 2007, 13:47   #120
BHPian

Quote:
A 'new' one doesnt mean new look adventure but merely a newly manufactured one . Have stated these things( launch of new adv) in an earlier post.

And about build quality , it has come down drastically. I got feedbacks from 2003-04 adv owners. They told that they had fewer complaints like rattling, electronic probs, sensor related probs etc. It may be because of high margin for the manufacturer. They bought it for nothing less than 6.6 lakhs .

Last edited by swathyd : 29th June 2007 at 13:48.
Closed Thread