Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 4th July 2007, 15:32   #121
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, I will be going in for my second service in a few weeks. Planning ot have an oil change during this service. I did not change mine during the first service as i had changed the oil during taking delivery of the vehicle(since it was a 2006 batch vehicle)

COuld anyone suggest me the brand of oil to be used or should i go with the normal service centre oil. Also let me know if i should ask for an engine flush during this oil change.

Also let me now about what all things have to be checked during this service. Sorry for asking you this but I still have not received my owners manual/Service Book. Way to go FIAT. This is just one of the reasons why majority prefers saying "TATA" to you guys!!!

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]PS. [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Swathy: i'm also planning to ask them for the oil additive you mentioned. PLease give me updates on this if any.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 7th July 2007, 15:58   #122
BHPian

Gemi,

Write it to fiat. And flushing is not needed.
Old 7th July 2007, 16:34   #123
Senior - BHPian

Dude flushing is not et all advisable.
Go for oil recommended by Fiat.
Old 8th July 2007, 04:29   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
COuld anyone suggest me the brand of oil to be used or should i go with the normal service centre oil. Also let me know if i should ask for an engine flush during this oil change.
gemi, are you planning to switch to synthetic oil? engine flush is advisable only if you are switching from organic to synhetic oil
Old 10th July 2007, 10:10   #125
Senior - BHPian

not changing to synthetic so no flushing and will use recommended oil itself.

swathy: i had written to fiat through their website id. 3 weeks down the line i got a mail from Mr.Sivakumar at Kulathunkal stating that my issue has been taken up with fiat and i would be informed as soon as the documents arrive!!!. Not this is what i have been hearing from him for the past 4 months!!! MAybe i should find some direct mail id of someone at the top. Any idea.. anyone??
Old 10th July 2007, 11:59   #126
BHPian

service@fiat.com Try this one if you havent tried yet.

This id was there in the previous fiat-india site. But after the tata tie -up it and some more mail ids are absent.
Old 10th July 2007, 12:36   #127
Senior - BHPian

thanks swathy. THe mail is on the way. Hope something happens atleast now.
Old 10th July 2007, 23:44   #128
BHPian

Regarding Manufacturing:

Hi Thomas and Omar, I am planning for a Adventure 1.6 sport. I was just curious about how can I find out whether dealer is giving me a 2007 manufactured model or 2006 one. Is there any way through which I can find out the manufacturing date.
Also right now the Ex Showroom price is 5.65 L, so how much would should i expect or negotiate for discounts. I am planning to buy it from Dhingra Motors (TATA-FIAT) in Gurgaon, Haryana.
Thanks in Advance
Harish Raghav
Old 11th July 2007, 10:29   #129
BHPian

You could ask the dealer!! Anyway, the manufacturing year will be mentioned in the service book, along with the year of tyres too. That said, 2006 is way old and the car would be in storage for long time. So insist on 2007 model and have good fun driving it.
Old 11th July 2007, 12:40   #130
BHPian

Default I guess its attractive!!!

Hi! I had spoken to one of the dealers recently and he told me that 65,000 discount is being offered right now.

Which means, you will have to take the bank finance at the rack rate!

Apart from this, you need to very closely look at the cost of registration and insurance to ensure that huge money is not made at that front!

All the best!

Regards

Last edited by omar1310 : 11th July 2007 at 12:40. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 11th July 2007, 23:00   #131
BHPian

Default Thanks Omar

Well the dealer here is giving me exactly 65000 as told by you, and an extra 15000 if i opt for finance scheme by TATA(14%) with a initial downpayment of 1.5L and rest amount on 3 yrs finance.
I was thinking that I am lucky to get 65K discount, but if it is standard then I think there is scope for more .
Also although I have made up my mind for Adventure, but there are few things which are still troubling me, like the lesser thigh support for rear seats, Lesser legroom for rear seats, and the universal problem of Poor interiors(the plastic quality and grains on it are really poor and fabric work is also very ordinary, even Esteem is better in this part).
I also visited the Morpheus website suggested by you. The modification pics shown on website are amazing, and if they are doing it with a budget of 40-50K, its reasonable for such looks and quality. But I am in Gurgaon, so I cant opt for morpheus, I would request you if you can suggest some standard products, which are available throughout india(like some branded seat covers or mats). Neways I would like to know, whether you have done some modifications with your adventure at Morpheus?

Regards
Harish Kumar Raghav
Old 12th July 2007, 10:59   #132
Senior - BHPian

raghav,
Regarding the date of manufacture. You can look at the metal plate you see when the bonet is raised. It will mention the month and year of manufacture. You ould also check the dates mentioned on the tyres. Another way is to check the seatbelts manufacturing date.

The adventure will look really good if you just change those seat covers. Put a art leather seat cover of some lighter colour to give it an airy feel. As ou rightly said the rear seat leg space is on the lower side. With a tall person sitting in front its really difficult for an adult to sit in the back. But i guess the excellent ride comfort the vehicle gives you will make you forget of this issue.

Congrats on your decision. Drive safe.

PS. Which site wereyou referring to. Morpheus!! CAnn you give me the link.

Last edited by gemithomas : 12th July 2007 at 11:19.
Old 12th July 2007, 20:26   #133
BHPian

Thanks Thomas,
I will definately keep in mind, all the ways to cross check the manufacturing date.
I dont know the status in Pune or Mumbai, but here in Delhi and Gurgaon, no dealer is showing any sort of enthusiasm.
In Delhi no Dealer is havinf Adventure and only one "A-one motor" gave me quotation, and currently even they dont have this car.
In gurgaon Dhingra Motors is having one in metallic Silver colour. But that one is standing like a abandoned piece, which is not even washed. The Sales executive guy told me that it will loook much better one's its washed polished. The front Disc brakes were corroded and showing redish corrisive colour. They even dont have a catalogue or brochure of it
I agaon went to them after 1 week but still the same car in same condition, without any brochure.
Whatever details about this car i knew, its from websites only.
Anyways i have told them I would like have one in Black colour, but they are saying that its not manufactured, and if yiou want one you have to wait for 2 months atleast.
Phew............
Its like I am fighting with myself, that I want to buy this car.
And everyday these dealers are giving me a extra reason to regret my decision.
anyways I am on hold now and hoping for things to improve in coming week.
Old 12th July 2007, 20:27   #134
BHPian

well that link was suggested by Ketan
::Well-Come to Morfeus::
Old 15th July 2007, 22:40   #135
BHPian

Well after a very long mail to FIAT, i got a response from FIAT, and a scanned copy of catalogue too,
Neways i would like to know the views about, which colour looks best on FIAT Adventure?
I have seen it in only frost Silver metallic colour.
Closed Thread