Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2014, 10:16   #91
BHPian
 
vinay_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 123
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

I have a question for the Pajero Sport owners. Is there a way that the luggage kept when the 3rd row is folded can be kept secured ? I cannot imagine the luggage flying into the cabin from the folded rear seating area.

I know that in the Fiat Adventure that i owned, there were hooks on the floor of the cargo area as well, to which i think the cord could be secured. Is there any similar thing in the Pajero ?

Any inputs would be appreciated. I have booked my Pajero Sport (White) and cant wait to get it in my hand
vinay_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 11:33   #92
BHPian
 
anvara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Thanks anshuman_v

I tend to agree with you since I have driven both the Fortuner and the Pajero Sport extensively and am of the same opinion.

You (and all others in this and other forums) nailed it when saying that a great product like the Pajero Sport is going to waste because of a bad service network. This is the only thing that stalls my buying decision as I don't want to put in the money where peace of mind is not on the menu let alone being guaranteed.

The Fortuner on the other hand is not what an enthusiast would want in terms of driving dynamics or comfort but they certainly play their cards right when it comes to the service part.

I have owned 3 Scorpios over the past 10 years and can safely say that if I do go the Pajero Sport way, I risk a similar if not worse treatment at the hands of the grease monkeys at Mitsubishi. Again a great product (the Scorpio) but iffy service centres. Not to mention the quality of the product has come down drastically from the earlier versions.

The Pajero Sport however evokes such great emotion that I am still willing to take the risk with the grease monkeys but it is the parts that are a question and my concern. I certainly would not want my ride to be at the service center for days on end for want of parts.

I will be glued to your (and other Pajero Sport ownership) thread(s) to make a decision.

Cheers
anvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 12:43   #93
BHPian
 
anshuman_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: India
Posts: 207
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
I have a question for the Pajero Sport owners. Is there a way that the luggage kept when the 3rd row is folded can be kept secured ? I cannot imagine the luggage flying into the cabin from the folded rear seating area.

I know that in the Fiat Adventure that i owned, there were hooks on the floor of the cargo area as well, to which i think the cord could be secured. Is there any similar thing in the Pajero ?

Any inputs would be appreciated. I have booked my Pajero Sport (White) and cant wait to get it in my hand
Vinay, congrats and welcome to the club. Yours will possibly be the first new Sport on the forum. When is the delivery date? We will await the pics and reviews!

Regarding the query around securing luggage: I have seen grooves in the floor near the rear wheel area. There are hooks in the last pillar, for putting a luggage tray if required. These should serve your requirements. Am just curious though: do you really imagine you'd be driving at such speeds and brake so hard that luggage would fly off?
anshuman_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 13:06   #94
BHPian
 
vinay_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 123
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Vinay, congrats and welcome to the club. Yours will possibly be the first new Sport on the forum. When is the delivery date? We will await the pics and reviews!

Regarding the query around securing luggage: I have seen grooves in the floor near the rear wheel area. There are hooks in the last pillar, for putting a luggage tray if required. These should serve your requirements. Am just curious though: do you really imagine you'd be driving at such speeds and brake so hard that luggage would fly off?
Thanks Anshuman ! Perhaps the first Pajero Sport AT ? I am hoping to get delivery by the 20th December. My car loan etc has been done. Its now upto the dealer. I am very eager to get the Pajero introduced to my family, (my boys aged 13 and 9 and my wife -all of who are equally excited) and inducted with a proper road trip with christmas vacation beginning on the 22nd. Perhaps a road trip first, before settling into the city of Chennai.

Thanks for the update as well and i am going to try and search it. Well, i generally drive in the range of 100-120 and i have seen a lot of posts where these vehicles are driven at similar speeds. Are you saying otherwise ? At these speeds, if there is a sudden braking, very likely that stuff can fly (atleast i would like to assume, to be on the safer side). I have had a nasty head on collission in the past in my Petra where the stuff in my boot came flying right through the cabin and landed next to me. And this was in a sedan. I have read somewhere that even at speeds of 50, if your vehicle comes to a sudden halt (another head on ), the flying projectiles would be equivalent to 2 ton hit. I would hate stuff flying into an open cabin with this impact. I would rather be safe than sorry.
vinay_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2014, 13:20   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post

Are you saying otherwise ? At these speeds, if there is a sudden braking, very likely that stuff can fly (atleast i would like to assume, to be on the safer side). I have had a nasty head on collission in the past in my Petra where the stuff in my boot came flying right through the cabin and landed next to me. And this was in a sedan. I have read somewhere that even at speeds of 50, if your vehicle comes to a sudden halt (another head on ), the flying projectiles would be equivalent to 2 ton hit. I would hate stuff flying into an open cabin with this impact. I would rather be safe than sorry.
There are hooks in the floor at two ends one on the pillar. I assume you can buy a luggage net to keep the luggage in place. Or just tie it manually to the hooks?

Also, what I tried was putting one of the 3rd row seat down and not both. That leaves a smaller space for luggage to roll around.

Last edited by asinghal : 5th December 2014 at 13:25.
asinghal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 11:15   #96
BHPian
 
anshuman_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: India
Posts: 207
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinghal View Post
There are hooks in the floor at two ends one on the pillar. I assume you can buy a luggage net to keep the luggage in place. Or just tie it manually to the hooks?
Arun, good to see that you have the black Pajero Sport as I do! I did suspect it was you from the very beginning, but since your PM feature wasn't yet available, didn't really have a way of asking (apart from phoning, but it sounded a bit weird if you weren't actually Arun)

Like they say, great minds think alike - eh? ;-)
anshuman_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 11:50   #97
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Arun, good to see that you have the black Pajero Sport as I do! I did suspect it was you from the very beginning, but since your PM feature wasn't yet available, didn't really have a way of asking (apart from phoning, but it sounded a bit weird if you weren't actually Arun)

Like they say, great minds think alike - eh? ;-)
Hahah.. Heard the crazy story about my car in the office parking from your better half.

I was confused too since I saw your car parked in my office lot and wondering who at my company would buy such a car!
asinghal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 15:47   #98
BHPian
 
anshuman_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: India
Posts: 207
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvara View Post
Thanks anshuman_v

I tend to agree with you since I have driven both the Fortuner and the Pajero Sport extensively and am of the same opinion.

You (and all others in this and other forums) nailed it when saying that a great product like the Pajero Sport is going to waste because of a bad service network. This is the only thing that stalls my buying decision as I don't want to put in the money where peace of mind is not on the menu let alone being guaranteed.


I will be glued to your (and other Pajero Sport ownership) thread(s) to make a decision.

Cheers
Anvara, I found a good evaluation of Pajero Sport vs Fortuner by Arichamp in a sister forum. Am attaching the document that he has prepared. Quite similar to thoughts that you and I have already echoed - but put in a rather nice quantitative form here by Arichamp.
Attached Files
File Type: doc pajero sport test criteria.doc (13.0 KB, 628 views)
anshuman_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 19:39   #99
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,383
Thanked: 3,408 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Anvara, I found a good evaluation of Pajero Sport vs Fortuner by Arichamp in a sister forum. Am attaching the document that he has prepared. Quite similar to thoughts that you and I have already echoed - but put in a rather nice quantitative form here by Arichamp.
Your thread has made me fall in love with the Pajero sports. And am waiting for next year when in all due probability I might be able to finally sell off the Innova and get my hands on that Pajero with paddle shifters. But even then the comparison chart you have posted is not really correct. Actually they never work for me as each person values each component on that chart differently. The scores are also thus given arbitrarily.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2014, 07:48   #100
BHPian
 
anshuman_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: India
Posts: 207
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

DrMohit - I agree with you. The assessments are all subjective, specially the scores. However, it does give us an idea about the various parameters and the overall framework - if not the actual score themselves. Like you say, the final assessment is a very individual driven outcome. Advance welcome to the Pajero Sports club!

Incidentally, I was speaking with the Bangalore dealer - SVR yesterday. It seems that SVR is leading the tally in terms of confirmed bookings for Pajero Sport AT. The overall numbers are still miniscule compared to more mainstream cars - but there is real excitement in the market around the AT right now.
anshuman_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 12:43   #101
BHPian
 
anvara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 56
Thanked: 85 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Hi anshuman_v

Just back from a holiday and logging in for the first time this year. Wishes first of all to all Bhpian's and you for a wonderful year ahead.

Very thoughtful of you to put up the attachment. Thank you.

You are right about the comparison. I particularly liked point 10 about the feel good factor and can second that based on my test drive experience.

The sales person who came with the test drive vehicle was in no hurry to get back to another test drive or pushing me to take a particular / pre determined route. He was happy to let me take the route I chose. He did not evade questions about the "iffy" service back up and said that things would improve. Answered all questions to the point that I had to ask. It sure was a delight to be on that test drive although I did not get a chance to engage the 4 x 4.

Hopefully this year will be the year I take this step

Thanks once again and cheers for a great year ahead.

Drive safe.
anvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 17:25   #102
BHPian
 
anshuman_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: India
Posts: 207
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Thanks Anshuman ! Perhaps the first Pajero Sport AT ? I am hoping to get delivery by the 20th December. .
Hey Vinay - hopefully you have the AT in your hands and are having fun. Do share the reviews soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvara View Post
Hi anshuman_v

Just back from a holiday and logging in for the first time this year. Wishes first of all to all Bhpian's and you for a wonderful year ahead.

Very thoughtful of you to put up the attachment. Thank you.

You are right about the comparison. I particularly liked point 10 about the feel good factor and can second that based on my test drive experience.

The sales person who came with the test drive vehicle was in no hurry to get back to another test drive or pushing me to take a particular / pre determined route. He was happy to let me take the route I chose. He did not evade questions about the "iffy" service back up and said that things would improve. Answered all questions to the point that I had to ask. It sure was a delight to be on that test drive although I did not get a chance to engage the 4 x 4.

Hopefully this year will be the year I take this step

Thanks once again and cheers for a great year ahead.

Drive safe.

Thanks Anvara. Wishing you a happy new year too. I agree with the similar non-pushy and patient behaviour of the salesperson in Bangalore as well. Looks like Mitsu is doing this part right in training the sales people correctly. Looking forward to welcoming you to the fraternity soon!
anshuman_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2015, 22:50   #103
BHPian
 
vinay_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 123
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Hey Vinay - hopefully you have the AT in your hands and are having fun. Do share the reviews soon!
Anshuman, indeed i have taken delivery of the vehicle on January 1st. I have penned my initial experience with the dealer and the car and it is WIP

In a nutshell - the dealer messed up (not surprising ) but the car feels great to drive in the city. Yet to do a highway run, resisting since the car isnt registered as yet.

Some early pics Rest are in my writeup thats WIP
Attached Thumbnails
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review-img_20150104_131700265_hdr-small.jpg  

vinay_ss is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2015, 22:53   #104
BHPian
 
Aroongupta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Noida
Posts: 70
Thanked: 77 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Congo!!! Wish you many many happy miles. Mine is expected early next week :-)
Aroongupta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 15:07   #105
Senior - BHPian
 
n.devdath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,793
Thanked: 1,400 Times
Default Re: My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A comprehensive review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
In a nutshell - the dealer messed up (not surprising )
Congratulations on the purchase Vinay.

What and how did the dealer mess up?

What is your price break up please?
n.devdath is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport or Toyota Fortuner? Behemoth SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 63 7th June 2017 00:04
New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! *UPDATE* Price reduced to 22.56 Lakh! gaurav_chopra04 The Indian Car Scene 329 30th January 2016 19:10
My Mitsubishi Pajero Sport! daebis Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 115 9th November 2015 23:00
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport "Anniversary Edition" SUV JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 41 28th September 2014 18:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks