Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th August 2007, 20:23   #361
BHPian

alankarm it really sad that a car like civic is defected, well honda should make sure they replace the parts.well i have put 17 inc alloys in mine well still my ride is good...i think all companies like merc and all sometime get defected pieces..but being a A class company they should slove the problem ASAP....hope your defect is solved soon..and please take extended warranty if u can
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 11:39   #362
Senior - BHPian

This is really bad. Honda service in nothing close to legendary in India. It's just average here. Moreover I think the dealer's are not empowered to make parts replacement, hence they need multiple visits. Not having a dealer in your city is really becoming a pain in this case.

However, this is going too far... I hope you have all your complaints documented in writing. It is probably right time to go to a consumer court now.
There was an article by GTO on What to do if you are stuck with a lemon, please go thru it, might be of some help.
Keep us posted, and let us know if T-BHP members can help in anyway!

I drive on terrible roads of Banaglore, incl the road which Times of India Survey ranked as worst road of the country. However we (me family & friends) found the suspension good and rear ride quiet comfortable. I am sure it's a defective suspension which needs to be changed quickly.

Last edited by ST7677 : 16th August 2007 at 11:45.
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 21:48   #363
BHPian

dear all,
was browsing through carwale.com and found alankrarm@sancha's report on rear suspension posted by a guy called sandeep from jaipur verbatum.posted a reply at carwale telling everyone about the CUT and PASTE JOB OF SANDEEP and that too without mentioning alankarm or team BHP and claiming to be the problem of his car.awaiting response from carwale.will keep you all posted.probably we at team BHP should have some members monitoring our equivalent sites ? (although i know carwale is no where close to us).

Last edited by merains : 16th August 2007 at 22:06.
merains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 22:41   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
alankarm it really sad that a car like civic is defected, well honda should make sure they replace the parts.well i have put 17 inc alloys in mine well still my ride is good...i think all companies like merc and all sometime get defected pieces..but being a A class company they should slove the problem ASAP....hope your defect is solved soon..and please take extended warranty if u can
took the extended warranty in Nov. or December itself, for Rs.8,500/-.
alankarm@sancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2007, 22:42   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merains View Post
dear all,
was browsing through carwale.com and found alankrarm@sancha's report on rear suspension posted by a guy called sandeep from jaipur verbatum.posted a reply at carwale telling everyone about the CUT and PASTE JOB OF SANDEEP and that too without mentioning alankarm or team BHP and claiming to be the problem of his car.awaiting response from carwale.will keep you all posted.probably we at team BHP should have some members monitoring our equivalent sites ? (although i know carwale is no where close to us).
I am sandeep garg . In fact I do not know how to change my ID on this site. I've been trying for a long time.

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 16th August 2007 at 22:44.
Old 16th August 2007, 22:45   #366
BHPian

ok friend got you here too,sorry my misunderstanding but it gave me doubt in carwale as sandeep is from jaipur there and you from ajmer here and your report did mention of your residence in ajmer,sorry again.
Old 17th August 2007, 15:58   #367
BHPian

dear BHPians, am getting the delivery of my honda civic MT from sundaram honda coimbatore on monday 20 aug.what all i should keep in mind,have gone through 'team BHP advice of buying cars',still would request you all to tell me your experiences/important points with new vehicle delivery.
Old 19th August 2007, 10:17   #368
BHPian

apart from the list you have gathered, w.r.t the civic, please add wheel alignment and balancing check. i know more than a couple of cars apart from mine, which had problems with the wheels during delivery and were subsequently fixed in the first service.
crkishore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 16:34   #369
BHPian

guys should u think the civic Manual is a better option over the magnum diesel n the cedia.
Or for tht matter any car in tht price range.
fonsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 17:33   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonsi View Post
guys should u think the civic Manual is a better option over the magnum diesel n the cedia.
Or for tht matter any car in tht price range.
it depends whether you want a petrol or a diesel. if i wanted petrol id take the civic eyes closed.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 17:37   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Except for the RS, I didn't feel any other car in THIS segment had better pickup, handling and response. Compared to which car did you find the Civic sluggish?
Corolla! Drive both cars back to back and you will visibly feel the difference.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 18:11   #372
Senior - BHPian

Well if you feel corolla is faster than the civic, its simple... you didn't rev the engine enough. All hondas have a seriously poor bottom end and all the power is delivered beyond 4000 rpm. Once you reach those rpms, the corolla will quickly run out of steam.

I guess its the same with your Cedia vs Corolla comparison too. Both the civic and the cedia are rev happy whereas the corolla has a lot of low end grunt but flattens out comparatively soon.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2007, 23:04   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Well if you feel corolla is faster than the civic, its simple... you didn't rev the engine enough. All hondas have a seriously poor bottom end and all the power is delivered beyond 4000 rpm. Once you reach those rpms, the corolla will quickly run out of steam.

I guess its the same with your Cedia vs Corolla comparison too. Both the civic and the cedia are rev happy whereas the corolla has a lot of low end grunt but flattens out comparatively soon.

Does a sane person drive in that range of RPM? What about the FE in that case? Everyone doesen't want only the top-end performance, but perfomance throughout the power band foe greater drivimg ease day to day.
Old 19th August 2007, 23:12   #374
Senior - BHPian

LOL who cares for FE when you are buying a D segment car anyway. Inside the city, you won't get to do those speeds in any case. But on the highway 4000.... hell I push my car to 6000rpm most of the times . The exhaust note is just wonderful.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2007, 22:14   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
LOL who cares for FE when you are buying a D segment car anyway. .
you will be surprised - A VERY large percentage of people! Its a combination of being environmentally conscious and save a buck whereever you can...
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote