Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st September 2007, 16:06   #526
Senior - BHPian

Indian Civics are affected.. A freind of mine has one and I asked him if he is getting it changed / replaced - he said Honda Guys called him and said they will recall the vehicle in 10 - 15 days.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 21:07   #527
BHPian

hey guys
i just got my civic a few days back..Last Tues.Got the 'V' manual.Albaster silver
The car is like a jet..
The only thing that i dont like is the suspension making Dhak Dhak sound and i also dont like the Clutch that much..I find the spacing between the A,B and C very less.My leg always goes on the footrest pedal.
I drove with 5 people on the highway while going to virar and that road was one of the worst roads i have ever driven on and imagine my car was just a week old and hardly done a 100 KMS..Heart was breaking..
I plan to call the honda people on monday and check.I know the manager there and he is a friendly person and want hide anything.
Also guys just a query does the mirror closing button light up in the night like the other buttons on the door panel
fonsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2007, 20:22   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonsi View Post
hey guys
i just got my civic a few days back..Last Tues.Got the 'V' manual.Albaster silver
The car is like a jet..
The only thing that i dont like is the suspension making Dhak Dhak sound and i also dont like the Clutch that much..I find the spacing between the A,B and C very less.My leg always goes on the footrest pedal.
I drove with 5 people on the highway while going to virar and that road was one of the worst roads i have ever driven on and imagine my car was just a week old and hardly done a 100 KMS..Heart was breaking..
I plan to call the honda people on monday and check.I know the manager there and he is a friendly person and want hide anything.
Congratulations. Welcome to the club. I also have the same colour

Yes with 5 people your suspension is going to bottom out if you go into a pothole or ditch. Ride is very firm in the Civic. The upside is that you will not feel vibrations or jerks, basically a smoother ride over uneven roads.
I hope I've conveyed what I wanted to !! I never take 5 people in my car unless its absolutely essential. With the centre armrest in the way its not very comfortable for long journeys.

Quote:
Also guys just a query does the mirror closing button light up in the night like the other buttons on the door panel
Yes, I think it does. Why? I couldn't check it out now as the basement is awash with light now !

Last edited by csentil : 23rd September 2007 at 20:23.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2007, 21:03   #529
BHPian

If indian civic are affected we all will surely receive a letter from honda
jeetu4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 08:07   #530
BHPian

fonsi!! these noises are exactly what I have been talking about. They are very irritating, infact they are downright embarrasing. The CIVIC should be facing suspension and tyre problems in India. (This is my experience and reading of the behaviour of the car).
alankarm@sancha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2007, 11:25   #531
BHPian

Hi guys! A query ... in case a recall does happen in India what is the time lag? The Honda guys give you a call. You take the car in and they fix the problem. Any idea of the amount of time this entire exercise is going to take? Also would they be fixing the suspension or replacing it?
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 11:10   #532
Senior - BHPian

Wow...Is the Civic recall happening for rear suspension issue?
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 11:40   #533
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please do not misinterpret news information and scare people.

As I have said earlier there is no problem with Civic suspension (as confirmed by Honda Technical staff). It has a soft suspension by design which compromises in favor of comfort and ride quality and goes against GC when loaded. As a result it also bottoms out at times, but there is no problems as such.

Whether you like it or not, is a personal choice. I definitely prefer Civic's suspension setup (Ride comfort / driving dynamics) over Corolla.

Regarding the Recall - it has nothing to do with the suspension! (And anyway it is not applicable to India, as it does not impact Indian models)
The problem is due to faulty wheel-bearing seal that may leak and cause malfunctioning of brake switch thereby preventing illumination of lights on braking.

Civic recall not required for India: Honda- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by ST7677 : 26th September 2007 at 11:48.
ST7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 11:44   #534
Senior - BHPian

ST7677,

Excactly that's what I had read at other places...when I read the post above mine, I got confussed.

But...who is scaring whome? I just requested clarification and I got it.
Thanks.
Old 26th September 2007, 13:40   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFreak
Hi guys! A query ... in case a recall does happen in India what is the time lag? The Honda guys give you a call. You take the car in and they fix the problem. Any idea of the amount of time this entire exercise is going to take? Also would they be fixing the suspension or replacing it?
Was referring to above post, and anyway just wanted to clarify that Global recall has nothing to do with Suspension and also that the recall is not applicable in India.

Last edited by ST7677 : 26th September 2007 at 13:41.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:08   #536
Team-BHP Support

The reason they claim that recall is not required in india, is because teh recall is for LHD vehicles and since we have RHD it's not needed.

I fail to understand how a LHD and RHD car would have different wheel bearing seals.

Could honda be taking teh indian customers for a ride?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 14:34   #537
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The reason they claim that recall is not required in india, is because teh recall is for LHD vehicles and since we have RHD it's not needed.

I fail to understand how a LHD and RHD car would have different wheel bearing seals.

That could be easily checked by someone whether the cars in Australia are being recalled or not? They have RHD in Oz.
HSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 14:42   #538
Senior - BHPian

Don't take anything Honda India or the dealers say seriously.

I have been calling Deccan Honda (on all the 10 or 11 numbers I have been given in last 3 years)...just to fix up a day for servicing the car....the phones simply keep ringing and then goes to auto-attendant.

Once your are sold a Honda they are done with you.

Recall? What recall???

Last edited by anandpadhye : 26th September 2007 at 14:43.
Old 26th September 2007, 17:21   #539
Senior - BHPian

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

Nopes, its been exactly 10 years since the indian customers are on a ride, corutesy Honda, to celebrate the 10 years of fooling us, they have further fooled us with the New NHC Vtec + at 10L
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2007, 19:20   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't take anything Honda India or the dealers say seriously.

I have been calling Deccan Honda (on all the 10 or 11 numbers I have been given in last 3 years)...just to fix up a day for servicing the car....the phones simply keep ringing and then goes to auto-attendant.

Once your are sold a Honda they are done with you.
I think it is a specific dealership problem. That way I am very satisfied with Dakshin Honda. They always receive calls, and I also have direct mobile number of couple of staff/manager there, and they always listen to me politely (even after I have shouted on them, on couple of occasions, for their stupid mistakes).
There is one Mr. Munir Ahmed CRM incharge he is very courteous and helpful, takes personal interest in the customer's problems.

Didn't have as good experience with Honda India, for everything they will route you back to their Dealers. And then Honda 121 will make a stupid follow up call from Delhi.