Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th October 2014, 10:28   #16
BHPian

Default Re: 2014 VW Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG finds a new home

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Heartiest congratulations for your new wheels.

At a first glance it seems that car market in India has matured and you have many choices but when you really are in a market you realise that the choices are very limited particularly in D segment. I am sure you have taken the right decision. I am in the same dilemma and I must say you have inspired me to go for it. Eagerly waiting for 2015 Jetta...
Hi I suggest you just go for it and you will nor regret the decision. In my case I just let the heart decide. It was my dream to own an Audi. The initial cost and running cost apart, the real damper was I could afford a low end Audi which is not very inspiring. How Jetta barged into my thought process is another story but Jetta High line DSG is here with me.Purchase and running experience...i thought I will start a thread but Aseem here had started such a good party and I feel like barging in...(with due credits and congrats and thanks to aseem)...

Couple of photographs here...Will follow up with more write up and photographs too...
Attached Thumbnails
2014 VW Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG finds a new home-2.jpg  

2014 VW Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG finds a new home-1.jpg  

alavandar is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 10:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Aseem . Jetta in this trim is a real (middle-class) executive sedan. When it was launched, it lacked good features even at that exorbitant price. The last time I checked the Comfortline Jetta tsi in Pune is 17L on road and it comes with only 2 speakers .

I love the current Jetta and I feel that 3-4 years down the line it would pose as a very good used car. Would love to see multiple options in the 14-17L range.
neoonwheels is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 11:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alavandar View Post
Hi I suggest you just go for it and you will nor regret the decision. In my case I just let the heart decide. It was my dream to own an Audi. The initial cost and running cost apart, the real damper was I could afford a low end Audi which is not very inspiring. How Jetta barged into my thought process is another story but Jetta High line DSG is here with me.Purchase and running experience...i thought I will start a thread but Aseem here had started such a good party and I feel like barging in...(with due credits and congrats and thanks to aseem)...

Couple of photographs here...Will follow up with more write up and photographs too...
Congrats Alavandar. Toffee brown was actually my wife's favourite colour but somehow since my friend who owns a Comfortline had it, it never really figured in my choice. Plus I wanted a colour that looked "shady", so it was between black and blue. I am kind of making it a habit to buy "blue". Akshay Kumar must be proud of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Congrats Aseem . Jetta in this trim is a real (middle-class) executive sedan. When it was launched, it lacked good features even at that exorbitant price. The last time I checked the Comfortline Jetta tsi in Pune is 17L on road and it comes with only 2 speakers .

I love the current Jetta and I feel that 3-4 years down the line it would pose as a very good used car. Would love to see multiple options in the 14-17L range.
Thanks Neon. CL comes with 4 speakers, as in 2 speaker and 2 tweeters. I too had offer on CL TSI for 17 Lakh OTR in Bangalore in White. I would have changed to Atlanta Alloys (10k after exchange), Blaunkpunt Stereo for 48k and made it a poor man's high line. However finally decided on the Automatic.

The CL is a great VFM if you plan on highway trips and only drive to office (which in my case is 5 km), but if you have to drive more in the City, then Automatic is the best choice in today's traffic condition.

I feel market too is slowly moving towards automatic. With 4 years extended warranty there should be hopefully no horror stories for me. I plan on selling the car in 3 years timeframe.

Had planned a trip to Mysore but not going... My niehgbor who owns a Laura told me all these plans don't materialise, so I am "desperate" in my quest to prove her wrong and go for a "loooong" drive. Maybe I will do it next weekend!
aseem is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 11:19   #19
BHPian

Superb narration. Excellent choice of car and color. All VWs of the current generations are very understated and timeless elegance. I am also looking for a Jetta highline auto.

Wishing you many more happy miles.
baskar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 11:54   #20
BHPian

Wonderful review! i just loved the way you listed all the cars you were interested in and then went on to describe in detail about why you didn't want them. Congratulations on your ride and wishing you happy motoring!
slackyboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 15:25   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on owning one of the finest machines in the 15L+ segments!

It's absolutely true that no Jap or Korean effort can match the sheer driving delight which is conveyed by an Octy or a Jetta. Just a mere touch of your big toe on the throttle pedal in the open roads and the speedo glances will make you grin helplessly. Indeed, the Jetta adds a lot of aspirational value to the inner enthusiast of a true driver-by-heart. You won't realise how the miles would fly by in the days to come!

This particular blue shade is an absolute stunner. It adds that extra oomph to the exteriors, plus makes the already-exclusive car stand out from the rest of the crowd. Superb choice of shade, indeed!

IMO, it's the perfect upgrade from the Fiesta. No other car in your shortlisted lineup would have made you satisfied - the Jetta offers you the best of all worlds, while keeping the enthusiast inside you happy.

Wish you plenty of happy, peaceful and contented (s)miles ahead!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th October 2014 at 15:26.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 16:16   #22
D4D
BHPian

Congrats on your new Jetta. Wishing many kilometers of trouble-free ownership. She's a beaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Now at 24-25 Lakh OTR for new Jetta 2015 it becomes tantalisingly close to BMW X1 territory and there is no comaprision between the 2 in terms of badge.
The new Jetta will be only slightly more expensive(ref the next post), but it will give you "more car" for money. But with that kind of budget, people prefer badge value.

Quote:
And given the Jetta is slightly dated then Octavia but at the price of Ambition DSG I got the Highline AT of VW
The Octavia is more expensive as it uses a new MQB(Modularer Querbaukasten, literally "Modular Transverse Matrix") platform, which can be used to build many cars and also is stronger and lighter.

Nowhere on international reviews it is mentioned the 2015 Jetta is using the MQB, which means prices won't shoot up a lot.

Making a lot of cars with the MQB will result in prices coming down.

Last edited by D4D : 25th October 2014 at 16:17.
D4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 17:05   #23
BHPian

Hearty Congrats Aseem and such a beautiful shade. Never seen it before!

The present Jetta is definitely one of my Dream cars and I just love the way it looks (in the Highline trim). I've not been behind its wheels but hope to someday. I love the ride quality and the rich, solid feel the car gives its occupants. And yea, the Alloys are drool-worthy! Have millions of happy miles with your wonderful car!
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2014, 21:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
Superb narration. Excellent choice of car and color. All VWs of the current generations are very understated and timeless elegance. I am also looking for a Jetta highline auto.

Wishing you many more happy miles.
I really love the colour and am glad I didn't go for black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackyboy View Post
Wonderful review! i just loved the way you listed all the cars you were interested in and then went on to describe in detail about why you didn't want them. Congratulations on your ride and wishing you happy motoring!
Trust me in the end I just wanted to buy the car and get it over with. I love TBHP but frankly when finalising the car it became an addiction. So now I get to focus on other joys of life for next 2-3 years (before I become hyperactive again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Indeed, the Jetta adds a lot of aspirational value to the inner enthusiast of a true driver-by-heart. You won't realise how the miles would fly by in the days to come!
Biggest leap for me yet. I brag to my wife, take me to a German luxury car showroom and I will buy the biggest car there... (spelt VW's biggest car sold in India before new Passat )

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
The new Jetta will be only slightly more expensive(ref the next post), but it will give you "more car" for money. But with that kind of budget, people prefer badge value.

The Octavia is more expensive as it uses a new MQB(Modularer Querbaukasten, literally "Modular Transverse Matrix") platform, which can be used to build many cars and also is stronger and lighter.

Nowhere on international reviews it is mentioned the 2015 Jetta is using the MQB, which means prices won't shoot up a lot.

Making a lot of cars with the MQB will result in prices coming down.
Well new Jetta is on the PQB and not MQB. However it will have 150 horses compared to Octavia's 140. In addition it *may* have the sunroof.

If new Yetti is anything to go buy we can expect a modest increase with no discounts in the beginning. Having said that those who wait and spend that extra do get a few more goodies. For me it was not worth the wait or the extra moolah.

The 2015 Jetta:

Name:  Jetta2015.jpg
Views: 2630
Size:  132.9 KB

The Comfortline:
Name:  3vw2k7aj2fm2027812.jpg
Views: 2774
Size:  52.4 KB

The 2014 Jetta:
2014 VW Jetta 2.0 TDI DSG finds a new home-img_33042.jpg

In the interiors it gets flat bottom steering and new speedo console. The changes are cosmetic in nature like Yetti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Hearty Congrats Aseem and such a beautiful shade. Never seen it before!

The present Jetta is definitely one of my Dream cars and I just love the way it looks (in the Highline trim). I've not been behind its wheels but hope to someday. I love the ride quality and the rich, solid feel the car gives its occupants. And yea, the Alloys are drool-worthy! Have millions of happy miles with your wonderful car!
Dude I seriously don't wish millions of miles behind this car. Lets just say 30-40k and a new German awaits me a segment higher!

Like they say in Hindi "Umeed pe duniya kayam hai" English translation "there is no life w/o wife"

Last edited by aseem : 25th October 2014 at 22:22.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 16:09   #25
BHPian

Congrats Aseem. Quite an upgrade from Fiesta. Very good car in a drool worthy colour. Do maintain the shade.

Keep your thread updated with all the things happening to your ride. Wish you a happy approx. 40k kms.

Btw, did you check with your SA about the ORVM niggle?

Last edited by Carpainter : 26th October 2014 at 16:10.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 16:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Btw, did you check with your SA about the ORVM niggle?
I believe that this niggle is present in octavia not in jetta.
rutvij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 16:47   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I believe that this niggle is present in octavia not in jetta.
But he did say about this issue in his opening post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Niggles/Issues:
1. DRL's have moisture inside (need to take to SA) on Day 1
2. Someone banged into rear bumper gave me 1000 Rs for whatever its worth (minor scratch)
3. Sometimes in rain when closing mirrors only 1 mirror closes and mirrors refuse to open, keep rotating the button and they open (the car had mirror control plastic open when I took delivery so maybe some issue with loose cables)

:
Even Mr. Amarendranath confirms that as he also has the same car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Aseem,

Heartiest congratulations on getting the JET. I had an eye out for your thread. Beautiful shade as well. Take it from me, the shade grabs a lot of eye balls. Enjoy the attention. Those Atlanta's surely look hot as hell.

I did notice the same niggle with the ORVM's. Let's hope an update may fix this bug. Also you may notice a few bugs with the audio system.

Wishing you miles of safe and niggle free ownership. I don't have to comment on the car. Hands down, the best poor man's Audi out there.
Actually you might be right because Octavia may have the same issue as both the cars share lot of parts with each other. I remember when I first bought the Polo it had the driver side front window issue. And it happened on the day of delivery itself. Seems like VW is ignoring the quality check before handing it out to the customer. It's not a major issue though and should be able to settle it without much of a hustle.
Carpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 18:11   #28
BHPian

While you are enjoying your new car, let me lay out a few niggles that you can expect in the days to come . All of this happened to me within the first month
  • As you have already mentioned, the external mirror folding and unfolding mechanism has its own mind sometimes. I have had situations where the mirror has refused to unfold in the first attempt. Give it a minute and fiddle with the switches and it usually unfolds. I have not figured out the exact set of steps to reproduce it yet
  • Expect the audio system and parktronic display to behave erratically sometimes. When you put the car in reverse, the display will not come on some times. The bluetooth pairing will not happen sometimes. Nothing that a reboot/restart will not fix
  • I also have the DRL fogging issue that you have mentioned. Have not bothered yet to take it to ASS.
  • The brakes will make a squealing noise during cold/morning starts. This is due to the some metallic compound used in the brake pads. They will go away once the mechanism warms up
  • Once in a while (probably once every 15 days or so),you will hear the car fan running even after switching off the engine. This is perfectly normal as it relates to some start of autoclean process that goes on. I was scared the first time it happened

You will forget about these minor niggles once you start driving the car though. I hope you got extended warranty especially taking into account the DSG.
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 18:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am choosing to ignore the niggles and not get anything fixed as I don't trust the workshop guys with new car. I have made SA write down these complains so they don't deny me warranty at a later date.

Rest man went overboard and ordered 15k of cleaning stuff including cordless 20 V vacuum. Enjoying the beauty while it's new. But this phase too shall end.

If we were in other part of globe a engine remap and free flow exhaust would have already been done. Right now have to be content by being an uncle.
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 20:16   #30
BHPian

The blue Jetta looks gorgeous. Its remarkable how some cars can look completely different with different colors. Congratulations!
inomad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote