Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th November 2014, 12:35   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review

^^^ If it is a new trend in the market and many more cars come with this kind of mechanism, the security guy in the mall will learn it quickly enough and it won't be a problem at all.
Just like the way fuel pump attendants remember which car has fuel lids on which side and which cars need keys to open the lid, the security guys will remember this too.

However after seeing this picture, I was wondering how the designers finalise on which side the this has to open? or d they not consider it at all?
The chevy shown above and the Merd posted by GTO opens from right to left. The Avventura opens from Left to right.
While the Avventura's ,mechanism is good for Right handers, The other two are good for left handers
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 11:28   #167
BHPian

Avventura looks great to me, but the engine is a downside to such a good looker. A 4x4 transmission would make the vehicle much equipped overall. I'm however stuck deciding between 2005 2.4 honda crv, Thar crde, ford endeavour and avventura. ecosport isn't to my liking. what are the expert views on this.
MonsterPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 12:43   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

However after seeing this picture, I was wondering how the designers finalise on which side the this has to open? or d they not consider it at all?
The chevy shown above and the Merd posted by GTO opens from right to left. The Avventura opens from Left to right.
While the Avventura's ,mechanism is good for Right handers, The other two are good for left handers
Well according to me (just guessing) its got to do with the right hand drive and left hand drive plus safety/ease of access when we park on the roads so that the handle opens towards the side from where traffic would be passing by also its easier for co-passenger to come out and open as he would be on the other side.

I hope I have been able to put it across correctly !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Avventura looks great to me, but the engine is a downside to such a good looker. A 4x4 transmission would make the vehicle much equipped overall. I'm however stuck deciding between 2005 2.4 honda crv, Thar crde, ford endeavour and avventura. ecosport isn't to my liking. what are the expert views on this.
Depends on what your requirement is.

1. Honda crv/ford endeavour - If your use is purely local and daily mileage is minimal and its got more to do with having a big good looking vehicle.

2. Thar crde- An awesome off roader and has good road presence, however creature comforts of a car / ice will have to be compromised plus yo need to have that special love for jeeps

3. Avventura - If you plan on regular use ie going on trips and long distance drives, it is a good mile muncher and cabin is quite comfortable (for four) and I think it can comfortably tackle the roads in and around Mudhumalai (referring to the reserve , that's your location as per what i saw on your profile). However its not a proper off roader as per my understanding but I gess it can handle.

These are just my views, wait for the experts for a better guidance!
Blue Bird is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2014, 13:40   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
Well according to me (just guessing) its got to do with the right hand drive and left hand drive plus safety/ease of access when we park on the roads so that the handle opens towards the side from where traffic would be passing by also its easier for co-passenger to come out and open as he would be on the other side.

I hope I have been able to put it across correctly !
Yes, I got your point. In that case, Chevy Spin Activ's wheel will open to the traffic side in Brazil and Avventura's wheel will open to the Traffic side in India; which is not so good. The Merc is an Indian version and it will open to the Kerb/footpath side. Avventura has addressed this issue (Chevy Spin Activ would have done it I hope) by providing a lock which makes sure the spare wheel doesn't extend beyond the car's width
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 16:48   #170

I filled up the request for test drive of the Avventura on Fiat website more than 2 weeks back and also called the Fiat Caffe showroom in Pune for a test drive. They have not yet arranged the test drive so far. Looks like they don't need more customers
I finally visited the Fiat Caffe showroom and saw the Avventura kept on display. They did not have an Aventura for test drive as the vehicle had gone out. My 2 cents based on the display vehicle: The car is a looker. However the passenger side door handles had very bad finishing with roughness. Also they looked flimsy and it felt they might break in the long run.
alih052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2014, 19:08   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
If money no bar then there would be more options available for a person at 11/13 lacs OTR than the duster or for that matter ecosport (which I feel is over priced)
I have only compared CUVs and cross overs below 15L here which are also fuel efficient. Off course Scorpio, Storme, etc are in the same range to purchase but running cost is an altogether different thing with them because of the higher weight which results in much lesser fuel efficiency and higher expenses for tires.
46TheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 17:36   #172
Senior - BHPian

It is a stunning looking car and the ground clearance is amazing. The under thigh support in the front seats is first class. The quality of cladding and the fit and finish are very good indeed, from what I saw this morning!
The only irritant is that I bang my head every time I get in and out of the vehicle, unlike in my Yeti.
If only they would bring in an AWD variant with many more Airbags, and all the safety features in it, including rear disc brakes as well.

All in all, I love the look, feel and everything about this Crossover.
The same way, I do like the Polo Cross and Fabia Scout, but this Avventura is a cut above both those. All it needs is that 1.6 GTX petrol engine to be a little BOMB!

By contrast the Etios Cross looks so very horribly cheap and tacky I can't even imagine what possessed the Toyota engineers to create such an ugly monstrosity!
All the cladding and the rest of the design cues are so very cheap, tacky looking and over the top as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-img_1316.jpg  

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-img_1311.jpg  

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-img_1315.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:42   #173
BHPian

This car has one of the most dynamic road presences amongst the ones of recent past, having some resemblance to some of the Porsche models [ to my eye, of course] , but on the other side, the 1.3L diesel does not seem to match its looks and appears to be a bit underpowered . Not many of these are seen in here in Hyderabad as I'd hoped for but it still, I assume, has the ability to be a game changer for Fiat if it addresses the marketing issues and more importantly, the ASS issues .
poised2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 10:16   #174
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Mysore yesterday and while getting back, had an interesting event.

Near a small town called Srirangpatna, the Mysore road is really broad and has couple of intersections.
Right here, I was flanked by a Linea T-jet (Old) and an Aventura. At first I did not realize it was an Aventura and was truly impressed with its road presence.

I just accelerated gently from the speed breaker and soon realized from my IRVM that these 2 cars were moving in quite quickly towards me. Amazingly, the Aventura was keeping up pace with the T-jet that whizzed past me.

The shocker was that I could not see any 'Black Smoke' from the Aventura during this speed run.

I could not contain my anxiety and floored my GT. I caught up with them quickly but guys believe me when I say this:

" That Aventura was really quick and did put up some serious fight before I passed this one and both the cars pulled over at Hotel Empire. "

I somehow felt that this was not a regular Aventura !! Neither of the 2 Fiats looked like a Test vehicle. I was so involved that I could not snap the pics !!

P.S - That Old Gen Linea T-Jet is not only Super Quick but was gleaming in the Afternoon Sun.
Vik0728 is online now   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 10:29   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Had been to Mysore yesterday and while getting back, had an interesting event.

Near a small town called Srirangpatna, the Mysore road is really broad and has couple of intersections.
Right here, I was flanked by a Linea T-jet (Old) and an Aventura. At first I did not realize it was an Aventura and was truly impressed with its road presence.

I just accelerated gently from the speed breaker and soon realized from my IRVM that these 2 cars were moving in quite quickly towards me. Amazingly, the Aventura was keeping up pace with the T-jet that whizzed past me.

The shocker was that I could not see any 'Black Smoke' from the Aventura during this speed run.

I could not contain my anxiety and floored my GT. I caught up with them quickly but guys believe me when I say this:

" That Aventura was really quick and did put up some serious fight before I passed this one and both the cars pulled over at Hotel Empire. "

I somehow felt that this was not a regular Aventura !! Neither of the 2 Fiats looked like a Test vehicle. I was so involved that I could not snap the pics !!

P.S - That Old Gen Linea T-Jet is not only Super Quick but was gleaming in the Afternoon Sun.
Well max it would be a Avventura with a tuning box!! that said i dont think Avventura is a slouch. But again, Mysore road is one place where at times one will find difficult to get past Indica. No matter how hard you push, you get past, the cabbie catches you back in the next traffic honking .
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 10:57   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

Well max it would be a Avventura with a tuning box!! that said i dont think Avventura is a slouch. But again, Mysore road is one place where at times one will find difficult to get past Indica. No matter how hard you push, you get past, the cabbie catches you back in the next traffic honking .
If it really was an Aventura with Tuning box, then I will surely recommend anybody who buys one to install this first. This car was Proper Quick and I really mean it.

I never proud or proclaim driving fast on any "Indian" roads for that matter. However, Mysore road has been metalled quite well now and many of the unwanted speed-breakers removed. Though I was not trying to get into or drag the other 2 cars into any race, I felt the cross-over was quite fast paced.

PrideRed I drive a 1.6 GT and this is scary fast. It takes either a special car (like GT TSI) or some awesome tuning for any hatch/crossover in Indian market to keep pace with this beauty from VW.
Vik0728 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 11:56   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
If it really was an Aventura with Tuning box, then I will surely recommend anybody who buys one to install this first. This car was Proper Quick and I really mean it.

I never proud or proclaim driving fast on any "Indian" roads for that matter. However, Mysore road has been metalled quite well now and many of the unwanted speed-breakers removed. Though I was not trying to get into or drag the other 2 cars into any race, I felt the cross-over was quite fast paced.

PrideRed I drive a 1.6 GT and this is scary fast. It takes either a special car (like GT TSI) or some awesome tuning for any hatch/crossover in Indian market to keep pace with this beauty from VW.
Sorry i didnt mean your car is slow. I just meant there is way too much traffic in Mysore road. While T Jet is know for its blistering pace, Multijet is quite punchy as well. Though Multijet in Punto feels quite a lot slower than the same engine in Swift, as a standalone I felt its powerful enough.

Oh yes my experience on Mysore road with the cabbie's was with my Vento TDi which i have been driving for 2 years now!!So I know how the 1.6 TDi feels like. It is in a league of its own. I don't see any car in south of 15L(Diesel)bracket that can match or come even close! But that said a good driver can make even a truck go crazy(Ex: Alonso on Ferrari)
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 12:41   #178
Senior - BHPian

Saw one yesterday on the road, which I must say is quite quick for a Fiat, and boy it has got some presence. It looks meatier on the road than it does in the pictures. Fiat has got the styling spot on. Will try and get a test drive soon.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2014, 17:49   #179
BHPian

I have recently spotted a few Avventura's on Bangalore roads & I must say it just looks so awesome. Although I own a Punto myself I couldn't help but drool at this beautiful machine. Italians n designs !!

I read that the 1.3 mjd feels much eager on the Avventura than the Evo, I wonder why would fiat want the Evo to be branded the laggard when they very well know how to fix it. One of the many strange decisions by fiat, time and again !!
suhas_raj is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2014, 00:48   #180
BHPian

1.3 MJD in 90 HP Tune is blast on highways its did range performance is awesome, its just due to very short first two gears one feel its slow, but its awesome till 160 km/hr, and Avventura is better tuned so am sure its good for speed , and believe me the First gear of Punto is amazing in ghats, last month we went to Sach pass and in my frineds Punto and believe me with the ease she was climbing the toughest inclines felt proud of Punto, and in real world the 0 to 100 km/hr hardly matters , Fiat is slow for those crazy souls who only believe in 0 to 100 figs, but there is a life beyond that, a car need to be judge on so many other parameters. And when we talk about performance, Linea T Jet is close to 200 kg heavier than Honda City, and still closely matches the performance and Mileage figures of City, and also has much wider rubber also. Recent Auto car says Avventura is 1 Sec also than Ecosport for dash to 100 but way faster in in gear acceleration which is more imp for daily use, and all credits to Fiat even after having 205 mm GC, the handling and ride is still awesome. Hope market will Appreciate Avventura.
parimal_g is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote