Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th November 2014, 06:29   #181
BHPian

Smile Re: Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Had been to Mysore yesterday and while getting back, had an interesting event.

Near a small town called Srirangpatna, the Mysore road is really broad and has couple of intersections.
Right here, I was flanked by a Linea T-jet (Old) and an Aventura. At first I did not realize it was an Aventura and was truly impressed with its road presence.

I just accelerated gently from the speed breaker and soon realized from my IRVM that these 2 cars were moving in quite quickly towards me. Amazingly, the Aventura was keeping up pace with the T-jet that whizzed past me.

The shocker was that I could not see any 'Black Smoke' from the Aventura during this speed run.

I could not contain my anxiety and floored my GT. I caught up with them quickly but guys believe me when I say this:

" That Aventura was really quick and did put up some serious fight before I passed this one and both the cars pulled over at Hotel Empire. "

I somehow felt that this was not a regular Aventura !! Neither of the 2 Fiats looked like a Test vehicle. I was so involved that I could not snap the pics !!

P.S - That Old Gen Linea T-Jet is not only Super Quick but was gleaming in the Afternoon Sun.
I had been really confused between the GT Tdi and the Avventura. From what you have pointed out I believe that the Avventura does match up . Eagerly waiting to get back to India so as to get a detailed TD of the GT , Avventura and also the Ecosport.
The Avventura seems to be giving the best positive vibes as of now.
Blue Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 15:38   #182
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post

I had been really confused between the GT Tdi and the Avventura. From what you have pointed out I believe that the Avventura does match up . Eagerly waiting to get back to India so as to get a detailed TD of the GT , Avventura and also the Ecosport.
The Avventura seems to be giving the best positive vibes as of now.
Hey Blue Bird though I did admit that on one occasion I did feel that an Aventura was really quick, it is no match to a either of the GTs.

I honestly felt that the Aventura that I mentioned in the above post was a T-Jet engine based.

If you love the adrenaline rush every time you floor the gas pedal, neither Aventura nor Ecosport (barring Ecoboost) will ever give you the feel like a VW GT will.

Heck, dare I say even a 1.5 TDi Polo or Polo cross will give you a silly grin.

P.S - Aventura in the 90 HP MJD tune is no match for a regular 1.5 TDi, let alone a GT.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2014, 05:07   #183
BHPian

Wink Re: Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Blue Bird though I did admit that on one occasion I did feel that an Aventura was really quick, it is no match to a either of the GTs.

I honestly felt that the Aventura that I mentioned in the above post was a T-Jet engine based.

If you love the adrenaline rush every time you floor the gas pedal, neither Aventura nor Ecosport (barring Ecoboost) will ever give you the feel like a VW GT will.

P.S - Aventura in the 90 HP MJD tune is no match for a regular 1.5 TDi, let alone a GT.
Well of course the GT twins are in a altogether different class. However I was quite thrilled when I found appreciation for the Avventura from a GT owner

Ever since the launch of Avventura my only concern has been its performance and I believe the Avventura is yet to get the Tjet into it so what you might have seen could be a ECU remap?

I love the adrenaline rush and that's the problem , because no one else in my family does!
Blue Bird is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 14:42   #184
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2014 at 16:48.
humbleroadster is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 14th December 2014, 18:01   #185
BHPian

I'm really stuck deciding between a new Avventura and a 2006 Honda CR-V 2.4 MT.One side there great handling,ground clearance,20 kmpl, good looks and the feel of owning a new car. On the other side there is AWD, brutal power, better upholstery,driver ergonomics and the brand Honda.Tough one to pick really
MonsterPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 14:51   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Tough one to pick really
I am not anti Honda. The 5-6kmpl average fuel economy for the Honda should no longer make it a tough decision. An 8 year old Honda is surely going to hurt when it comes to fixing it too.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2014, 23:01   #187
BHPian

Quote:
.Tough one to pick really

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I am not anti Honda. The 5-6kmpl average fuel economy for the Honda should no longer make it a tough decision. An 8 year old Honda is surely going to hurt when it comes to fixing it too.
I second this !

I don't think it is too tough given the FE of the vehicles. And the Fiat also seems to understand the value of customers and trying to bolster its ASS .
poised2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 09:10   #188
BHPian

Quote:
I'm really stuck deciding between a new Avventura and a 2006 Honda CR-V 2.4 MT.One side there great handling,ground clearance,20 kmpl, good looks and the feel of owning a new car. On the other side there is AWD, brutal power, better upholstery,driver ergonomics and the brand Honda.Tough one to pick really
As a Honda owner,let me inform you that parts are not at all cheap and service is average. Some parts like the hood and boot are more than VAG's cars. The service is pretty cheap though. And in all honesty, Fiat is a better soft roader actually, it seems to have more GC and felt far less Fragile.
Doge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 11:42   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I bought a used CRV 2008 AWD and I love it. Its MT and gives 7 in Mumbai. But the purpose of CRV is totally different. I have a Swift Vdi and Innova as work horse and CRV for fun. Also CRV is not cheap to maintain, the entire suspension over haul cost me 90k and tire change cost me 50k. But I love the front seats, the power and safety features etc

On the other hand when I see an ecosport or Avventura I do feel like exchanging the swift with them.
tazmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 07:56   #190
BHPian

Chanced upon a Fiat showroom while on my way to Kochi from Thrissur after a Marriage function. So dropped in along with wife and kid.
We checked out the Linea and Avventura and test drove the Avventura (mjd) (Had been waiting for an opportunity).

Our Impression:

I had warned my wife time and again that its a punto cross but she just had a Ecosport lookalike framed in her mind so the first comment was "its so small" , Nevertheless we continued checking out the Avventura and by then the SA arrived so we proceeded for a test drive. The solid "thud" while closing the doors had already boosted my confidence, we drove on the highway for a half a kilometer but I wasn't yet getting a feel of the vehicle due to the traffic, thats when the smart SA took us to a nearby college campus and the real fun began.

First it was a cluttered road with huge speed breakers, followed by a road under construction, followed by something with a semblance to a road and the ultimate was when we followed this broken patch to a slope of more than 40 degrees. By the time we came back to the highway I was totally thrilled, the ride was superb and the GC ensured no scrapings underneath and it seemed that the vehicle was screaming to be pushed further and further. The strong build of the vehicle inspires confidence. I felt as if am driving a 10+ lac car (The strong and heavy build might be the trick)

The SA had in depth knowledge about the car (he turned out to be a Fiat Enthusiast who had completed his engineering and was just doing a part time) and his route selection for the test drive was spot on.

I was extremely thrilled, my wifey ended up liking the Linea more as it was more spacious and quality of material was better.

However I am yet to see many Avventura's on road. I hardly found any discussion on the thread, recently I mentioned to my friends that am planning to pick the Avventura and the response I got was as if they haven't heard of the car itself, most hilarious was when a colleague saw an Avventura ad and exclaimed " Is that a new Honda Launch"

I did not find any lack of power , in fact it was zipping. The internal plastic quality is not good and there is a prominent glare from the dashboard. The AC and music system both are good and you forget everything else once you start driving and I guess that's what matters in the long run.
It is truly a drivers car.

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th February 2015 at 10:27. Reason: Avvy = Avventura.
Blue Bird is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 10:18   #191
BHPian

@Blue bird: Buying a fiat will inevitably lead to people asking you why you did not buy a honda. It's been more than 6 months now since i bought the tjet and i still get asked why i did not buy a city. I just smile.

But people who know cars and know you will understand and appreciate it.

Have fun

Don't know if this has been mentioned but does the Aventura have an issue with the rear boot opening?
deathwalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 21:26   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned but does the Aventura have an issue with the rear boot opening?
The way I look at it , its a strongly built car so for a lady closing the tail gate would require some effort especially if parked on a slope. However i read about how "complicated" opening the boot was, which I think has been unnecessarily blown up. There is nothing complicated and one only needs to get used to it.

How is the Tjet performing? I had taken a TD while in delhi and I was completely blown away
Blue Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 08:10   #193
BHPian

Is this the actual Avventura ownership thread. Seems so silent compared to other ownership threads. I currently have a Brio and been wanting to change cars. I have completed 3 years with my Brio and plan to do another 6 months or a year with Brio. I was thinking about Duster AWD, Ecosport, City, Polo GTI as my next car but then Fiat's build quality and legendary ride and handling is making me think about Avventura. Ecosport and Duster are overpriced in my opinion. City does not have the Fiat build quality and the current gen City has quite a few issues in it. Coming from a Honda can someone please tell me if clutch and gear shift is not as hard as a lot of people talk of. Not expecting Honda like lightness in clutch but should be bad in city traffic. Also, don't see too many avventura's on roads now. Is there any waiting period and has the engine mount issue been fixed in the recent Avvventuras.
whencut86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2015, 10:56   #194
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2015 at 08:15.
parimal_g is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 8th April 2015, 13:02   #195
BHPian

Thanks! Now convinced to go for Avventura. Only reason I considered Duster AWD over regular Duster was better in city drivability in AWD, but the an on-road price of 16 lakhs for top end AWD put me off. Ford Ecopsort was striked off from my list because of price and A-Pillar blind spot. I love the design and build of Avventura. Began reading reviews and ownership threads here and in different forums. Will go ahead and test drive on. Will post my feedback here after that. Planning to go for 1.3 MJD Emotion since ABS and Airbags is a priority for me. I can make do with absence of other features but these 2 is a necessity in cars. Also, since it is a turbo diesel engine, I might have to change my driving style a bit and I should also get used to Fiat's Hydraulic steering. Will post any queries or feedback after test drive.
whencut86 is offline   Reply With Quote