Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th April 2015, 15:59   #196
BHPian

Post Re: Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Thanks! Now convinced to go for Avventura. Only reason I considered Duster AWD over regular Duster was better in city drivability in AWD, but the an on-road price of 16 lakhs for top end AWD put me off. Ford Ecopsort was striked off from my list because of price and A-Pillar blind spot. I love the design and build of Avventura. Began reading reviews and ownership threads here and in different forums. Will go ahead and test drive on. Will post my feedback here after that. Planning to go for 1.3 MJD Emotion since ABS and Airbags is a priority for me. I can make do with absence of other features but these 2 is a necessity in cars. Also, since it is a turbo diesel engine, I might have to change my driving style a bit and I should also get used to Fiat's Hydraulic steering. Will post any queries or feedback after test drive.
Please scroll up and go through post #190 (my test drive experience), you may also like to visit http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3674795 (an analysis by a fellow bhpian) . I feel the Avventura is an excellently built car but I think it's sales has been limited due to the new Punto as its already way more rugged than many wannabe crossovers running in the market (so one doesn't actually need a more rugged Avventura other than for its looks). After the test drive we have decided to upgrade to the new Linea.

Looking forward to your test drive experience.

Last edited by Blue Bird : 8th April 2015 at 16:28. Reason: added a link
Blue Bird is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 12:49   #197
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review

I did a test drive of the avventura and loved it. Coming from a brio I am very impressed with the build quality of the avventura. Suspension is a massive improvement from a brio. Sorry to compare with a brio but since I own one my views are relative to brio. The doors close with a thud. Love the feel. The rear seat space is just adequate. Me being the 6footer in family and rest all being less than 5.7, guess I can manage the space. Boot space is good and if required we can add cross bars on roof rails and accommodate more luggage. The rear spare wheel and boot lid opening can be tricky in tight parking places but I guess I can live with it. Going to buy a cuv style vehicle and won't complain about rear wheel. Rear parking sensors and rear camera are needed since I am used to a rear glass hatch in the brio. Coming from a petrol ivtec I actually didnt feel any turbo lag. Maybe my driving style is like that since I rev up a brio and drive it quite fast in city as well. My test drive was in heavy traffic, roads with undulations, big speed breakers and a big free stretch. I was actually pondering how would it be to drive avventura in traffic. The moment I drove out of showroom I was greeted by traffic and didnt feel too much turbo or sluggishness navigating in stop and go traffic. The gear shift is good and smooth and I now feel brio's gear shift is notchy in first 2 gears. The clutch iis super light in 1.3 mjd and loved it. The clutch travel is more than brio and I guess I have to get used. After having used a light steering previously I actually got a feel of what steering feedback is like. The hydraulic power steering is a joy to drive and I didn't find it tough in city speeds and I was also able to do high speed u turns and curves.find my brio steering to be dull now after the test drive :-p . one more thing is that I love the way the 1.3 mjd behaves. Good amount of torque. In an open stretch of road before I could even realise I was doing speeds of 90-100. When I checked the speed I was surprised that the needle was over 90 kmph mark. Avventura is deceiving in this way. I am sold on its looks and capabilities.
@bluebird: I will do a test drive of the linea tjet next weekend and post about that as well. I love the looks ride handling and ground clearance of avventura. I doubt if linea test drive will tilt me towards it :-)
I love the zaffrano orange but after seeing a red one on roads I love the red as well. Need to decide between the two. Will tAke one more elaborate test drive of avventura by asking ramkay fiat to bring one home for test drive.
whencut86 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:37   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Avventura likely to lose rear-mounted wheel.

Quote:
Fiat is at the moment under talks if they should consider removing the spare wheel from the back and placing it inside the car (as there is already a well for the tyre).
http://motoroctane.com/news/17867-fi...ed-wheel-scoop
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:45   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

http://motoroctane.com/news/17867-fi...ed-wheel-scoop
The Avventura has 205/55-16 tyres vs the Punto 195/60-15. The only issue I can see is the overall diameter and width is more. This might result in full size wheel not fitting in the wheel cavity in the boot. The only solution will be that the spare will be a space saver tyre of smaller size.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 19:12   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat Avventura likely to lose rear-mounted wheel
In my opinion its a wise decision. Avventura without rear mounted spare wheel will be more practical. I think they should produce both models and give customer the choice. Let the customer decide what he wants.
rahul412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2015, 15:30   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the news is true. Tailgate mounted spare is gone in Abarth powered Avventura @ Raid De Himalaya

Initial test drive report by overdrive

http://overdrive.in/reviews/exclusiv...-drive-review/
S.MJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2015, 16:19   #202
BHPian

This is removed by the user himself not by Fiat. You can still see all the socket etc.
rahul412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:54   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Avventura Urban Cross concept at the 2016 Auto Expo!

Another total disappointment from FIAT after the Punto 'Pure'. Looks like a ladies only version of the Avventura.

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-fiatavventuraurbancross1.jpg

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-fiatavventuraurbancross2.jpg

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-fiatavventuraurbancross3.jpg

In comparison - This was the original drool worthy concept that was shown at the 2014 Auto expo.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 4224
Size:  48.7 KB
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:07   #204

Anyone who has test driven the new Avventura powered by Abarth please do mention your thoughts. I have been trying to get a TD for the new Avventura but the Fiat close to me only has the Abarth Punto (which is amazing by the way).

I am interested in the Avventura but most of the information available is about the Punto. My main question is how much handling is lost in Avventura due to different suspension setup and higher GC when compared to the Abarth Punto?

Cheers!
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:54   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Anyone who has test driven the new Avventura powered by Abarth please do mention your thoughts. I have been trying to get a TD for the new Avventura but the Fiat close to me only has the Abarth Punto (which is amazing by the way).

I am interested in the Avventura but most of the information available is about the Punto. My main question is how much handling is lost in Avventura due to different suspension setup and higher GC when compared to the Abarth Punto?

Cheers!
Please go this thread here (Fiat Abarth Punto - Test Drive & Review). The jist for Avventure Abarth is quoted below.

Quote:
Avventura powered by Abarth Initial Impressions.

The Avventura finally gets the Tjet under the hood, which it ought to have it right at the time of the launch. Better late than never. The Tjet is tuned slightly differently and the power is at 140 BHP and torque at 210 nm. Though the numbers are very close to the Punto Abarth, the tuning is different. The low-end torque is slightly better and the top end is not strong as the Punto Abarth. The suspension is not changed or tuned to handle the bump in power, which is disappointing especially after you drive the Punto Abarth first and then Avventura. However, in isolation, the Avventura is quite fast with the 140 BHP motor. One interesting thing is that the exhaust note is more prominent in the Avventura than the Punto Abarth. Overall looking at it isolation, it is still a good proposition, but bring the Punto Abarth in with its retuned suspension, the Punto Abarth is leagues ahead of the Avventura for all obvious reasons.
nkrishnap is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 17:12   #206

Thanks nkrishnap,

I have read the thread you provided and many other similar comments on other threads. Is is correct to assume then, that the only thing which changes in this version when compared to old avventura is a better engine?
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 10:51   #207
BHPian

I have booked bronzo tan fiat avventura emotion .I own a 2010 model punto mjd active which I plan to exchange at the agency.As a owner of fiat punto ,i did not take much convincing to go for the avventura as an upgrade though i was more inclined towards punto evo emotion owing to price difference .I have been offered 50 thousand discount over the OTR of avventura and my punto is offered Rs 150000/-.It would take around 10 days to be delivered to LUCKNOW s' CLASSIC MOTORS .Looking forward towards your comments and I promise to come up with detailed initial ownership review of my new ride
regards
praveen singh

Last edited by blueblooded : 28th April 2016 at 11:17.
blueblooded is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 10:45   #208
BHPian

Need some help from Avventura owners and all other BHP-ians who has a car with plastic cladding like avventura.

How about the maintenance of this claddings? Does it stay put in the location even after years of use?
I got the information that I have to do regular polish of those black cladding to look normal or it will look bad. Other than polishing any one encountered any issues with these parts? Please advise.
EPMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 16:43   #209
BHPian

I am thinking about picking up a used Fiat Avventura. But one major factor that's putting me off is the quirky opening mechanism of the tail mounted spare wheel. I wanted to know if it's possible to remove the spare wheel (from the tail mount) and put it inside the boot (the usual location). If that's possible, I would prefer to remove the swing arm at the rear altogether and make it simpler to open the boot.

I wanted to request if any kind Avventura owner can check if the wheel fits in the boot? (I assume spare wheel is an alloy (a full sized wheel) and not a space saver)
thepilot is offline   Reply With Quote