Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd October 2014, 12:55   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Please give me the correct facts - the above number was from some member post only. I'm not saying I know the exact number.

I believe it is only available for pre 2012 puntos. And my guess is FIAT will not give away the avventura's set up to be retro fitted in the Punto EVO. And even if it it did, we ll have the overhead of changing to 16 inchers if i am not wrong. Otherwise it is going to look a little way to ugly with a lot of space in the wheel well ! Thats hypoethically speaking though !
Rubbertramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 12:57   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
And the 12k swap information is misunderstood. Get the facts right
Quote:
Please give me the correct facts - the above number was from some member post only. I'm not saying I know the exact number.
I was the one who said it earlier, phamilyman was referring to my figures and I don't see what's wrong with the facts.

Rubbertramps, please refer to this link and correct us if the 'around 12k + labour' is misunderstood in any sense
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-10-000-a.html (Official ground clearance upgrade package for Linea/Punto @ Rs. 10,000)

Prices are mentioned in the very first post excluding labour

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd October 2014 at 13:02.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 13:02   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I was the one who said it earlier, phamilyman was referring to my figures and I don't see what's wrong in the facts.

Rubbertramps, please refer to this link and correct us if the 'around 12k + labour' is misunderstood in any sense
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-10-000-a.html (Official ground clearance upgrade package for Linea/Punto @ Rs. 10,000)

No, You are right about the figures. But what i meant is the upgrade is meant only for pre 2012 models. I believe Phamily man took it otherwise. Lets leave it here and it is becoming confusing.
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:15   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Genuine request to all Cross manufacturers - Toyota, Polo, Fiat, Ford - Please provide a LSD atleast as an optional accessory. Then it wouldn't hurt as much when i see a hatchback on stilts with plastic cladding. Wouldn't be nice for an illinformed owner overestimating his cross' abilities and to find himself stuck with one wheel spinning away to glory.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:33   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I think whoever designed this engineering should be made to own the Avventura as a punishment.
Quote:
This can't be that tough for Fiat's engineers!!
BTW, I thank the engineers for keeping that hatch door clean. The non-average Joe can take off that swing arm and keep at home! Thankfully the stepney space is intact too
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:48   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
"Fiat officials claim that the key to unscrew the spare is unique to each car and hence, it won't get stolen."

So if you lose/ misplace that key, there is no way to unscrew the spare wheel without getting a new key ordered from Fiat?
I donít think it works that way. This is just another anti-theft wheel bolt, something which the Ecopsortís spare wheel is equipped with. You need a special key to open this bolt. Thatís all.

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-img_20130420_114126.jpg

Name:  Key.PNG
Views: 2931
Size:  223.8 KB

The design of the flower-shaped slot inside the bolt head isnít unique to each car.

And this key can be bought off any accessory shop. I believe the Skoda Rapid/Fabia also comes with one anti-theft wheel bolt for each wheel.

Name:  1398679133_LOCKING_WHEELNUTS_w450_h400.jpg
Views: 3018
Size:  33.2 KB
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 14:57   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I donít think it works that way. This is just another anti-theft wheel bolt, something which the Ecopsortís spare wheel is equipped with. You need a special key to open this bolt. Thatís all.
According to Fiat officials (as per the TBHP review), the key to unscrew the wheel is unique to each car, that's why I brought this up. If this is unique to each car, it means that if you lose this, you can't buy it from any accessory/ tyre shop. It also means that even Fiat dealers will not have this key as a spare and will have to be ordered specifically for your car.
Astleviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:02   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
According to Fiat officials (as per the TBHP review), the key to unscrew the wheel is unique to each car
I really do not buy this 'unique to each car' theory. Does that mean every other Avventura rolling out of the assembly line will have this silly wheel nut with a different design inside the bolt?! No offense but that's a bit hard to digest.

I guess I'll head to a Fiat outlet here and find out myself.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:08   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I really do not buy this 'unique to each car' theory. Does that mean every other Avventura rolling out of the assembly line will have this silly wheel nut with a different design inside the bolt?! No offense but that's a bit hard to digest.

I guess I'll head to a Fiat outlet here and find out myself.
That is what was mentioned, but I guess in all probability it should be an anti-theft mechanism unique to Avventura, rather than each car.

Like I mentioned earlier- it did not occur to me to get this checked at that point. Will try to verify it from the dealership soon.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Does that mean every other Avventura rolling out of the assembly line will have this silly wheel nut with a different design inside the bolt?!
Either that, or the Fiat officials don't know enough about their own product and have provided incorrect information. Most likely it's the latter. Do update after your dealer visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That is what was mentioned, but I guess in all probability it should be an anti-theft mechanism unique to Avventura, rather than each car.
That makes sense, most likely the key is unique for the Avventura model. Maybe a communication error on their part.

Oops, forgot about the multi-quote feature, is there a way to rectify this?

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd October 2014 at 23:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged, please use multi quote option, thanks
Astleviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 15:55   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1301617
+1 to that. Actually you can see such a bolt in the review pic itself, IMHO.

This is my third post in this thread and every time I forgot to thank CD for his excellent review and follow-up...voted 5 stars.
Attached Images

sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 16:23   #87
BHPian

CrAzY dRiVeR

Thanks for sharing this wonderful review. And great pictures to boot. For those who came in late, me included, not quite the Fiat Adventure, but a great and able car for the great outdoors.

And I do really hope the service/dealer network, especially the service comes into being. I live in the eastern part of the country with non-existent service centers. It is a pain and tragic.

Rated a much-deserved 5 star.

Cheers!
johy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 17:12   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
BTW, I thank the engineers for keeping that hatch door clean. The non-average Joe can take off that swing arm and keep at home! Thankfully the stepney space is intact too

On that note, can a 16 inch wheel be accommodated in the space in the boot. Since it is used to accommodate 15 inchers !
Old 22nd October 2014, 17:28   #89
Senior - BHPian

Avventura enters our lives..less than 24 hrs after it was launched, Fiat President and MD was in Hyderabad today to launch the Avventura.
Mr.Nagesh Basavanahalli , President and MD of Fiat Chrysler India personally handed over the first Avventure to my son...perhaps the first Avventura in Hyderabad / South India.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-p_20141022_124316.jpg  

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-p_20141022_124322.jpg  

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-p_20141022_124337.jpg  

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-p_20141022_124353.jpg  

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-p_20141022_124439.jpg  

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-p_20141022_124536.jpg  

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-p_20141022_124540.jpg  

Fiat Avventura : Test Drive & Review-p_20141022_124556.jpg  

hillram is offline   (16) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 17:53   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Avventura enters our lives..less than 24 hrs after it was launched, Fiat President and MD was in Hyderabad today to launch the Avventura.
Mr.Nagesh Basavanahalli , President and MD of Fiat Chrysler India personally handed over the first Avventure to my son...perhaps the first Avventura in Hyderabad / South India.
What a wonderful moment indeed!! Hearty congratulations on the first Avventura (on TBHP for sure. Elsewhere is a bonus )! Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with the CUV! Do start the ownership thread soon. It will be great to hear from an owner's perspective finally.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd October 2014 at 18:18.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote