Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th December 2016, 20:36   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
The mats were from a local shop, damn cheap, some Rs. 700. But they're a pain. I'll wear these out & then by the 3D Mats instead.
What is the problem that you see with these ? is it the fitment ?

I have been trying for a sheet of that type so that I can cut it to the size required. I could not find that type of sheet at all.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 09:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What is the problem that you see with these ? is it the fitment ?

I have been trying for a sheet of that type so that I can cut it to the size required. I could not find that type of sheet at all.
Not much issue in fitment, since these are made for Storme, the issue lies in the fact that Storme doesn't have mat hooks to keep them in place.

So basically, sometime during ingress, the mats slip. Plus when they're wet, the can move around and actually roll-up a lot near the pedals.

That's not the case in 3D Mats.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 11:12   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Tie them to the fabric mats using the twist-type cable ties.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 13:58   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
I own a 2015 new gen Xuv . Honestly Mahindra too haven't been able to solve the brake grinding noise right from day 1 to till date .
Tata service in mumbai is much better than mahindra.
Brake squealing/grinding/squeaking are common to all brands of cars, be it anything.

As long as the pads arent rubbing against the discs all the time, or the discs are warped, I have stopped worrying about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Thanks Madhu! Somehow I've always heard a reverse situation of Mahindra.
Both TML and M&M are pretty close in their service experiences from what I have experienced. Both of them are generally sensitive to customers even though they may not be able to solve all the issues due to other constraints.

I'd vote them higher than any of the German brands and Toyota, as long as you have a good rapport with the staff there and are reasonable.
n.devdath is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2016, 14:25   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I'd vote them higher than any of the German brands and Toyota, as long as you have a good rapport with the staff there and are reasonable.
A 100% agreed. In my case, I'm going to the same Tata Service Center (Wasan Motors Deonar) for the last 10 years!

Since I know the people there that well, in one issue with my Manza, when I had a dead battery in the middle of the road at 10 in the night. The Service Advisor drove down himself WITH A NEW BATTERY & had it fixed on spot. That's a big big plus.
rohansachar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 11:24   #66
BHPian

"When you decide to buy a Tata Car, you agree to buy a car which will keep bringing by small problems every few months. Doesn't stop you from loving the car." - Rohan Sachar, a Tata Motors customer for a decade now

So my Safari decided it hasn't gone to the service center for a while now, AND VOILA, the rear wiper washer started leaking water via the door panel, somewhat even spilling in the interior.

The culprit? A small pipe connecting the rear outlet with the nozzle broke:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme!-1.jpg

The procedure to reach the pipe was unbelievable! Anyone thinking they have the confidence to do it themselves, THINK AGAIN! The entire interior roof panel hand to be removed since in total, there were 4 screws outside & 4 bolts inside to hold the spoiler in place. A look at the state of repairs:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme!-2.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme!-3.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme!-4.jpg

A trademark Tata feel, the MESS IN THE CAR:
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme!-5.jpg

It's a good thing they have a decent cleaning crew.

BUT, THE MOST IMPORTANT POINT HERE TO BE NOTED:
Tata Motors is a VERY PLAYFUL ORGANIZATION. They LOVE to keep their customers ENTERTAINED. This time around, they PLAYED A LITTLE GAME WITH ME. What was the game? A QUIZ:

GUESS WHERE DID THIS SCREW COME FROM?!?!?!?!?!
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme!-6.jpg
I reclaimed my life with the Tata Safari Storme!-7.jpg

That's all for now folks.
rohansachar is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote