Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th November 2014, 07:34   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe @ 2000 kms

gungax, congrats on the Santa Fe. And that's a beautiful review. Thanks for sharing with us.

Really glad that you went for the AWD variant. The variation of kit is massive between the two models. Hyundai' plan seems to get the customers inside the shop showing the 2WD' price and up sell the AWD. The latter is so much value compared to the entry variant.

The main thing I don't like is the OEM entertainment system. It ideally should have been a proper infotainment system with a bigger screen like the one offered in the US.

Here at Kochi, I am spotting a lot of new Sante Fe and many dark shades too. A refreshing break from the white Fortuners that seems to be everywhere. Have fun!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2014, 09:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What features do you think are really lacking, besides the manual rear view mirror, memory seats?
Plus DRLs , sunroof , larger infotainment screen. It's not like Hyundai skimped down on the pricing , they should have essentially provided all the features they have on the international version so as to appeal to all the X1 , Q3 and GLA buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post
After purchasing the car, I noticed the roof has been strengthened. Now internationally that bit is made almost entirely of glass. So now, if Hyundai has to strengthen the roof of the Indian version, which section of the chassis have they made weak.
I highly doubt they would weaken the chassis deliberately. If anything your car would be more stronger than the model with the glass sunroof.

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 8th November 2014 at 10:10. Reason: missed multi quote
stanjohn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2014, 19:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Plus DRLs , sunroof , larger infotainment screen. It's not like Hyundai skimped down on the pricing , they should have essentially provided all the features they have on the international version so as to appeal to all the X1 , Q3 and GLA buyers.
I highly doubt they would weaken the chassis deliberately. If anything your car would be more stronger than the model with the glass sunroof.
Hi stanjohn123,
Completely agree with you. Hyundai should have targeted X1, Q3 and GLA buyers. Instead they have tried to target Fortuner customers who will not go in for a soft-roader.

I am hoping that I never find out if the chassis has been weakened.
gungax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 19:13   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on you new ride. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this stunner !

Btw if I may ask what was the approximate difference in price between the Q3 Prem+ and the Santa Fe.
Also Hyundai could have easily added a sun roof and electrical seats. These are more or less standards in 30+ lakh car. Would have been good to have features
Baddychat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2014, 20:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations on you new ride. Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this stunner !

Btw if I may ask what was the approximate difference in price between the Q3 Prem+ and the Santa Fe.
Also Hyundai could have easily added a sun roof and electrical seats. These are more or less standards in 30+ lakh car. Would have been good to have features
Thank you Baddychat,
Price difference between premium+ and SF-AWD on road Hyderabad is about 10 lakh!
Old 22nd February 2015, 18:20   #21
VBN
BHPian

dear all, is it possible to fit a decent carrier on the roof of the Santa Fe? with a full 7 member family, i would need space to put baggage for outstation trips.
VBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2015, 18:22   #22
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Poor rear seat design I must say. The middle (5th) passenger cannot even rest his back properly. And to speak of this is a seven seater!!!
Dear all, this middle seat does look awful. How comfortable are the rest of the seats? Also, do all the seat in the middle and back have seat belts?
VBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 19:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
Dear all, this middle seat does look awful. How comfortable are the rest of the seats? Also, do all the seat in the middle and back have seat belts?
Hi VBN, front seats are the most comfortable. The middle seats are also comfy for two. The last seats are recommended only for children or small adults.

There are three-point seatbelts for all seven passengers!