Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th April 2015, 16:15   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Something new in Life : My Hyundai Elite i20 Sports (O) CRDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps_abhijith View Post
This is the third irritating issue i've had in my brand new premium hatchback!!!
First the boot release latch stopped working, so had a car with no boot for 1 month
Then the screw cap for my diesel thank refused to open every time someone tried to open it...
And now the keyless entry request button...
I guess its too late to congratulate you on the car(that too with the issues). I have booked the i20 sportz diesel version(not the option one). What worries me is the brake sound, the screw cap and the boot release latch. Have many people faced this issue?

Like you said, though these are small, getting it from a premium hatch is quite annoying.

Also What are the required accessories that i need to get from Hyundai itself? They suggested anti rust paint, bulbs, horns , full floor mat, let mats, seat covers as must for me though i told them that i will confirm at the time of delivery.

Last edited by Samurai : 20th April 2015 at 11:00. Reason: It is brake, not break.
ANewExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 18:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANewExperience View Post

Also What are the required accessories that i need to get from Hyundai itself? They suggested anti rust paint, bulbs, horns , full floor mat, let mats, seat covers as must...
I would recommend you to go only for the seat covers as they offer you a 5 year warranty for maintainance of the seat cover.
Underbody coating, showroom quoted 4.5k for me for a 3M coating while i got the same coating done directly from 3M and they gave me a 5 year warranty for the coating.

But more than any thing, i would recommend you to try to bargain for the 3rd and 4 th year extended warranty pack, which normally costs around 18k...

The bulbs, you can buy better light bulbs from outside.

Though the boot lid issues have been reported by few others, the other issues are only in mine at present...
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 19:11   #33
BHPian

The same thing happened to me last time when I went for a refuel. The female attendant could not open the fuel cap. I had to twist it real hard to get it opened. Anyway since you have found a solution for it I guess it won't be much of an issue. The keyless button on the handle seems real fragile. I rarely use it though, prefer using the key fob even though the honking can be annoying at times.
suv100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2015, 15:08   #34
BHPian

Default Update : Defective Door handle replaced.

Quote:
Time for Next issue...
The keyless entry request button in the door handle had now decided that it no longer wants to work. So, no more keyless entry for me till the service center here manages to get a spare part,and it could be atleast 15 days.
What started as a 3-4 days part replacement ran over to 40 days wait for a simple door handle. Was kept updated regularly by popular Hyundai that the part will be arriving "this Friday" every week. Finally got the part replaced last Saturday (23 may), 40 days after the order was placed (14-Apr). I was informed that the door handle is made in Korea, hence the spare part had to be imported from there. The entire door handle was replaced. The new door handle appears to be a little bit different. The request button for the key less sensor is bigger and the handle appears to be of a better build quality compared to the old one.

Hope nothing else decides to stop working in the car...
Car has done 14000 km and everything else appears to be fine.
ps_abhijith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 08:50   #35
BHPian

Update 20k and service:
Got the 20k service done last week. There was a bit of rust in the exhaust pipes. Especially around the front end near to the ac condenser and at the rear end can. So did a zinc coating of the silencer from the svc. Service bill came to around 5800...
ps_abhijith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2017, 13:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Update 20k and service:
Got the 20k service done last week. There was a bit of rust in the exhaust pipes. Especially around the front end near to the ac condenser and at the rear end can. So did a zinc coating of the silencer from the svc. Service bill came to around 5800...
How much did insurance renewal cost you for the 3rd year? Is it still b2b and zero dep?
ahmed26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 16:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
How much did insurance renewal cost you for the 3rd year? Is it still b2b and zero dep?
Just renewed the insurance from hyundai with HDFC ergo. The plan is cashless for claims via hyundai service centers and with varying depreciation for components.
Cost me 9300 rs for the renewal including GST. I have had no claims so far, so the no claim bonus did apply.
For b2b, I was given a quote of about 16800 rs including GST.
IDV for the vehicle was fixed at 480000.

By the way, car is about to do 50000 km, planning to get the 50k service done next month.
Chnaged tyres at 43000.

Last edited by ps_abhijith : 17th August 2017 at 16:27.
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote