Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th January 2015, 11:43   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
  • Turn on the AC in circulation mode by pressing just the recirculation button (highlighted in green). This automatically turns on the AC and enables recirculation mode. A bonus is that this button and the off button are closest to the driver.
  • Turn off the AC by using the off button.
Thanks for the info mate! The climate control can be switched on using any of the buttons available and the recirculation mode will have to selected manually if the climate control is not switched on using that button. The best practice to do would be the point that you've suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
On another note, I'm quite tempted to report this thread to the mods - those pictures on page two make me weak at the knees, and are driving me towards irrational decisions like ditching my EcoSport for a Fiesta. Those pictures ought to be banned!
Thanks for the compliments!!!

As I've mentioned earlier, my parents are on a road trip and now, my sister and her husband have also joined them. So I asked dad how's it to drive on the open highway and this is what he had to say -

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-006.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-019.jpg
The Ford somewhere near Marvanthe

My bad luck that I'd to miss this trip!!!
Porschefire is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 12:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Thanks Maverick79!

I need an info from you or anyone else who can help me. What is the recommended tire pressure for 2 on board and 2 normal sized suitcases in the boot? My parents are starting on a long trip tomorrow and since I'm currently abroad, I do not have access to the owners manual.
Thanks in advance!
Apologies for the delayed response mate! Some charging issues with my mobile made to surf very less.
I would suggest 30 psi for all the 4 tires with just 2 adults and 2 suitcases.
As mentioned by some one else in the thread, Manual suggests the increased pressure only with fully loaded car (5 pax + full boot load). Other wise, the car gets bouncy from rear.
I tested both conditions i.e, with 33psi and 35 psi all tires with two people and 3 big bags. Found the car bouncy in both the cases.
Hence returned back to 30 Psi in the same condition for another trip(same route) and found the drive to be back to normal . No belly scrapping as well!
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2015, 18:36   #48
Senior - BHPian

That thumbs up from your dad totally shows how much he enjoyed driving the car, love it when father's pose with their rides and enjoy driving like a true bhp'ian.

Had a long highway drive in my Fiesta yesterday after a long time and this car drives like a dream, it gives so much confidence even at 120, that i smashed the throttle in. Engine has also opened significantly as car has clocked 5500 kms and i did get oil changed at 2400 kms.

Drove the car hard around turns multiple times and every single time, tyres gave up way before chassis did, cant stop praising this beauty of a car from Ford, just wish engine had a little more grunt, feels little underpowered after driving my Vento.
coolboy007 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 14:09   #49
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That's quite a journey from the Omni to the new Fiesta. It looks hot in the red colour. Not too many ownership experiences about the Fiesta, but those who have bought it, are satisfied with the car. The plus point of the whole package I think are the interiors of the car; they are very nice. All the best with your car and wish you many happy kilometers with the car.

Somehow, Ford should have advertised the car more and given it more attention. Proper advertising would have ensured that the car would have sold in more numbers.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 20:42   #50

Hi Porchefire!
Congratulations on you new Fiesta. It sure looks like a million bucks and a half and then some more. Going through your thread was a pleasure and the pictures are just lovely.

I have booked a Fiesta too and I have a question to ask. Did you feel that the first gear was low on power/pickup(don't know what exactly it's called), as when I test drove it I felt so. The best way to describe it would be to say that it's like the Linea. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.
HVSC is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 22:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
That thumbs up from your dad totally shows how much he enjoyed driving the car, love it when father's pose with their rides and enjoy driving like a true bhp'ian.
Trust me bro, he's on a 2500km round trip and enjoying every bit of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Engine has also opened significantly as car has clocked 5500 kms and i did get oil changed at 2400 kms.
I didn't get the oil changed during the first service. The manual recommends it at 10000kms! Do you think I should get it done, now that its completing 5000kms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
The plus point of the whole package I think are the interiors of the car; they are very nice.
The interior is a very nice place to be indeed! The dashboard looked cluttered to me initially. But now I find it to be very utilitarian. Everything's where it has to be..apart from the power window buttons of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVSC View Post
Hi Porchefire!
Congratulations on you new Fiesta. It sure looks like a million bucks and a half and then some more. Going through your thread was a pleasure and the pictures are just lovely.
I have booked a Fiesta too and I have a question to ask. Did you feel that the first gear was low on power/pickup(don't know what exactly it's called), as when I test drove it I felt so. The best way to describe it would be to say that it's like the Linea. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks mate and congratulations for choosing one of the best driver's car! Which color and variant are you picking up!?
As far as your question goes, its not lack of power but the gearing. The first gear is short and hence you have to change to second to really get going. I've read somewhere that most diesels are geared this way to avoid stalling of the engine. Plus there is the turbo lag as well which makes it even more obvious. Don't worry, as you start driving the car, you'll understand how the power is delivered.

Last edited by Porschefire : 18th January 2015 at 22:51.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 22:06   #52

Quote:
Thanks mate and congratulations for choosing one of the best driver's car! Which color and variant are you picking up!?
=======
Don't worry, as you start driving the car, you'll understand how the power is delivered.
It's a Smoke Grey Titanium. Pretty excited for the car. Can't wait to lay my hands on it.Sadly no news from Ford about it's shipping date.
HVSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 23:46   #53
BHPian

Quote:
It's a Smoke Grey Titanium. Pretty excited for the car. Can't wait to lay my hands on it.Sadly no news from Ford about it's shipping date.
Welcome to the fiesta club mate, Post many pics when you grey baby arrives wishish you many happy miles with it.
quakerme is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2015, 09:45   #54
BHPian

Congrats Porschefire. You are making me jealous with the red hot color. Have been a bit late to this thread as I was away from T-BHP for a while, and was catching up on reverse chronological order!

Every bit of what you've said about the car - 110% agree. Including the feeling that is a bit underpowered and that the 1st gear doesn't get you going that well. On highways, especially on the Bangalore-Mysore highway which has so many speedbreakers, I found that other cars would typically get ahead of you when you try to accelerate after a speedbreaker, but in no time you have caught up. Changing lanes and overtaking is so easy in this car because of the stability, that even on a bad highway like the Bangalore-Mysore, you end up faster than most other cars on the road. What you lose in power delivery is easily regained because of the dynamics.

Just a question on FE - you said you are getting 16-17 in City and 21 in highway. My FE in city is around 13-14, while highways I have got an average of close to 22 on long distances. Wonder which roads in Bangalore do you frequently use? I usually drive on JC road and Hudson circle in the morning (one of the worst stretches in Bangalore, with silk board being a close second to this) and my commute is just 6 kms from home to office. So, am not sure if it is the stretch or the driving distance that's resulting in low FE. Btw, does FE of diesel vary depending on the distance of travel (just wondering)?

Quote:
Congrats on the booking and joining the club.
nvramsub is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvramsub View Post
Congrats Porschefire. You are making me jealous with the red hot color. Have been a bit late to this thread as I was away from T-BHP for a while, and was catching up on reverse chronological order!

Just a question on FE - you said you are getting 16-17 in City and 21 in highway. My FE in city is around 13-14, while highways I have got an average of close to 22 on long distances. Wonder which roads in Bangalore do you frequently use? I usually drive on JC road and Hudson circle in the morning (one of the worst stretches in Bangalore, with silk board being a close second to this) and my commute is just 6 kms from home to office. So, am not sure if it is the stretch or the driving distance that's resulting in low FE. Btw, does FE of diesel vary depending on the distance of travel (just wondering)?
Thanks nvramsub! Do post some pictures of your car.
The car is primarily used by Dad as I'm out of the country most of the time. His driving cycle is 30% city and 70% highway, 4 times a week. Whenever I'm in town, I drive on the ORR (through silk board) to my office and make it a point to get in and get out before the peak hour rush starts. Other than that its usually in the weekends, within the city when the traffic is quite manageable. This way, neither my dad or me are stuck in jams for long and that might translate to a better FE.
Stop and go traffic does affect FE but it will definitely increase as you clock more miles.
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2015, 11:04   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks nvramsub! Do post some pictures of your car.
The car is primarily used by Dad as I'm out of the country most of the time. His driving cycle is 30% city and 70% highway, 4 times a week. Whenever I'm in town, I drive on the ORR (through silk board) to my office and make it a point to get in and get out before the peak hour rush starts. Other than that its usually in the weekends, within the city when the traffic is quite manageable. This way, neither my dad or me are stuck in jams for long and that might translate to a better FE.
Stop and go traffic does affect FE but it will definitely increase as you clock more miles.
Thanks Porschefire. True that FE increased after my first service. Even the smoothness and noise levels are lower. Honestly, with a Fiesta, you won't care much even if the FE was lower.

Pics are on the way...

Last edited by nvramsub : 22nd January 2015 at 11:05.
nvramsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 16:49   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked one too. Smoke Grey Dealer says month end.. Fingers crossed. HVSC - do post some pics if you get yours soon. Am very curious to see how it looks in real life.
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 19:23   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
I have booked one too. Smoke Grey Dealer says month end.. Fingers crossed. HVSC - do post some pics if you get yours soon. Am very curious to see how it looks in real life.
Hi, Congrats on the booking. I know it's the wait that's unbearable.
Coming back to your question, I did book a grey Fiesta but the wait period quoted to me was exceeded and with no eventual resolution in sight I decided to go ahead and get myself a white one which was readily available. I do feel that grey was the color for me but I don't regret buying the white for a second.

And when I sit and drive this beauty, all is forgiven. That steering is a circular poetry that manages to not repeat itself, not even once.
HVSC is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2015, 21:36   #59
BHPian

Quote:
That steering is a circular poetry that manages to not repeat itself, not even once.
Ah! This reply of mine is to only say 'Wah Wah, Wah Wah' to this comment of yous.
This gem of a steering has earned so many praises before but none so poetically brilliant!!!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 00:49   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Congrats on the booking. I know it's the wait that's unbearable.
Coming back to your question, I did book a grey Fiesta but the wait period quoted to me was exceeded and with no eventual resolution in sight I decided to go ahead and get myself a white one which was readily available. I do feel that grey was the color for me but I don't regret buying the white for a second.

And when I sit and drive this beauty, all is forgiven. That steering is a circular poetry that manages to not repeat itself, not even once.
THanks bud.. and great words to live by

Btw - any Fiesta owners bought the Plum red of Blue seat covers + gear knob cover?

Cheers
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote