Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th May 2015, 14:36   #91
BHPian

Smile Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
You mean Cavernous?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Well, it did eat up his luggage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Lol!!! My bad! Don't know when Cavernous became Carnivorous! Although, as Arun rightly mentioned, the boot is indeed carnivorous to have eaten up so much luggage!
Witty one liners these, are what make this forum so special and to die for?

Porschefire, Awesome thread there sir! and your car looks awesome. You've maintained it well.

I've been to Udupi on the route that you took and can't agree with you more. It was not as good a year or two back. Esp the stretch between Chickmagalur, Aldur & Balehonnur.

Keep the updates coming.
naut is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2015, 23:00   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Hi Porschefire, from the car, the color and the number, I assume we met today when driving between Marathahalli and Belandur.. I was in the black Vento TSI. First time that my sticker has been spotted and acknowledged.

I had recalled reading this thread earlier, so when I saw you today, it was easy to find it. Nice choice of color (and car of course) and looks like it has been maintained very well. Nice job.

Apologies if it was not you that I met today.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 07:22   #93
BHPian

Exactly what I was waiting for and you've answered all the questions. In the puddle of water, when the car lost drip did the ESP come in play ?
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 19:54   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Exactly what I was waiting for and you've answered all the questions. In the puddle of water, when the car lost drip did the ESP come in play ?
I'm sorry but I'm not sure if the ESP came into play. The loss of grip was for a second or so that happened 3-4 times. I don't know if there's an indication in the console when the ABS or ESP is engaged and also, I was concentrating really hard as it was raining cats & dogs with the daylight fading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hi Porschefire, from the car, the color and the number, I assume we met today when driving between Marathahalli and Belandur.. I was in the black Vento TSI. First time that my sticker has been spotted and acknowledged.

I had recalled reading this thread earlier, so when I saw you today, it was easy to find it. Nice choice of color (and car of course) and looks like it has been maintained very well. Nice job.

Apologies if it was not you that I met today.
Hi Rajeev! That was indeed me. I'd have loved to have a chat with you but you know how the traffic between Marathahalli and Bellandur is! I thought of stopping a little further, somewhere near HSR but you took a left towards Ecospace. Next time maybe!
Your Vento caught my attention and I was hooked onto it! I've always admired the Vento and yours is a fine example of how a car should be maintained! It was so so shiny!!! And nice driving as well!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 20:53   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Your Vento caught my attention and I was hooked onto it! I've always admired the Vento and yours is a fine example of how a car should be maintained! It was so so shiny!!! And nice driving as well!
Thank you for the complements. Can't take credit for the shiny car though. You caught me as I was driving back from 3m car care after pampering the car with their paint sealant protection package. . Glad you liked it though. I was not sure if they had done a good enough job until I saw your thumbs up .
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2015, 21:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
You mean Cavernous?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Well, it did eat up his luggage
You guys are a riot! Blame 'word correct', not Porschefire!

Quote:
The Aspire will surely be a well rounded car and hope the EPS is calibrated well as in the Fiesta.
Well, you never know. Fingers crossed! Around 2009, I was given a feedback form by Ford asking if I'd have preferred EPS instead of HPS. I responded saying 'please don't mess with the current setup' and handed over to the guy soliciting the feedback. But he said that the aam junta preferred EPS anyday, and were casting doubts on whether the Fiesta really had a power steering, after driving cars like the Wagonr and i20.

Now you know why the Ecosport has an 'un-Fordish' steering! Hope they don't lose the gamble with the Aspire.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 08:48   #97
BHPian

Hey bro, any updates? hows the car doing? how many kms you did? any rattles?
Dieselritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2015, 03:52   #98
BHPian

Update

Its been really quiet here since my last update! Life's gotten a little too busy for my liking. Not that I'm not having fun, which I am in plenty. Just that never found the time to update the thread, until today!

The Ford has surpassed the 13k kms mark and inching its way towards 14k. Not a bad mileage for 10 months ownership IMO. The car was due for its second service since my last update and was done at 11k odd kms. Later than the specified interval yes, but I was out of the country in June. The MID threw an "Engine oil change required" message but apart from that all was well. Got the engine oil and oil filter changed and the total cost incurred was INR 1771.

The car's performing brilliantly. The engine's opened up nicely, revs cleanly all the way till the red line, the gears slot in perfectly - no rubbery effect as when it was new, the city mileage hovering between 15-17kmpl (with A/C on all the time). On the whole, the car has become a lot smoother especially after the oil change.

However, the going hasn't been smooth and I've to report some of the niggles that I've faced/facing -

1) There is a plastic panel on the interior left rear quarter which has managed to surprisingly misalign itself. I do not know the reason of it, nor do I've a picture to post it here now. I reported this during the second service. The SS people tried to fix but were unsuccessful. The SA suggested we replace the part under warranty. I'm waiting for it for quite a while now. Not a big issue though, can definitely wait until the part arrives.

2) There was a faint rattle on the driver side door. It used to appear every time I drove over a bump or on uneven roads. The rattle was something like the window glass rubbing against the plastic panels on the door. Reported this during the service. Was told it was fixed but resurfaced 2 days later. It still exists as on today. Will probably get it fixed sometime soon.

3) The biggest of the niggles was the left mirror on the OVRM started rattling at idle. It was a peculiar one at that. At idle with the ACC off it was absolutely fine. The moment I switch on the ACC, the mirror starts 'shivering' as if it were feeling cold! The OVRM was absolutely fine before I gave it for service so I'm suspecting someone must've meddled with the mirror. Anyways, spoke to SA and he asked me to bring the car on the festive day of Id. Perfect because it was a holiday for me. Took the car to the service station at 10:00 am and a series of goof ups started.
Was attended to immediately by the SA who inspected the rattle and assigned a mechanic to look into it. The mechanic removed the mirror (not the entire OVRM), tightened 3 screws inside and fixed the mirror back. Started the car, switched on the ACC and it was alright. Thanked everyone for fixing the problem in quick time and drove off. Covered 50 mts and stopped at a signal where I checked the OVRM again and lo! the mirror was 'shivering ' even more than before! Took it back to the SS again.
Was made to wait for about 45 mins before the mechanics came and inspected the mirror again. For the next hour and half, they tried various permutation/combinations with the OVRM but the rattle still persisted. It was lunch time by now and everyone disappeared for about an hour. Was attended to again after lunch. The SA then suggested they test with a spare OVRM. Took the mechanic about half an hour to remove the original and fit the spare. Did the same procedure again and there was no rattle. The SA took the car out for a spin to test it in 'real world' conditions and came back after half an hour again. It was then decided that the OVRM is faulty and will have to be replaced under warranty. But of course, they had to take approvals from their seniors and also from the warranty person who was only available on the phone as he was in some training. This process took a long long time. They decided to order an OVRM and the original was fitted. Again this time, there was no rattle! So drove off finally at 6:00 pm

4) What was to be a simple check took about 7 hours for the folks at Lathangi Ford! I was offered refreshments in the morning but as the day went along, the response faded. The mechanics were busy with other cars and the SAs were just acting busy. But the mistake was entirely mine because I was patient all along and never did I raise my voice or acted pushy. I'm not saying the service center's bad. The SAs and the mechanics are fairly knowledgeable and cheerful set of people. I guess it was just a bad day for me.

5) The entire OVRM was replaced with a new one under warranty a week later and the problem still persists! Now its confirmed that the root cause of the problem is something else. Living with it for now as I do not have the time to get it fixed.

The above niggles are minute to say the least. Mechanically, the car is built like a tank yet drives like a dream!

Ooty

I took some time off work during the last week of July and headed to Ooty. Had the opportunity to spend some alone time with the Ford and boy oh boy was it good!

The road to Ooty was bad. Had to negotiate traffic all the way till Mysore and beyond that, there were endless deviations as the road was being worked upon. On the onward journey, I took the hairpin bends to Ooty and it was one of the worst decisions! The road was narrow with numerous potholes and broken edges. The car bottomed out on several occasions of which many were my fault as I couldn't judge the speed or the depth of the potholes! And no, the car was loaded with just 2 people and a handful of luggage. It was heartbreaking to say the least. Managed to reach Ooty in one piece late in the evening.

The drive within Ooty though was rewarding! Numerous numerous corners and boy was I happy I was in the Fiesta!
The handling is just sublime. There were parts where quick direction changes were required and I did not encounter any body roll whatsoever. The steering was the party piece. So direct and weighted that I could take the corner at much greater speed than I normally would. I am a sedate driver usually but this trip I went mental. Was pushing into the corners and exiting them as hard as I could! Trust me, it was great by my standards. Point the wheel where you want to and it goes exactly there. The steering is lightening quick to respond.

The brakes were thoroughly tested on this trip and I can safely say they worked really really well. Lots of bite and feel from the pedal.

The engine is responsive enough provided you are in the right gear. If not, you will experience turbo lag. Overtaking was a breeze. The 205NM of torque comes into play as soon as you drop a gear!

I have to mention the seats as well (which I do every time, LOL!). They are so so supportive that I just cannot sit in any other car now and no I'm not exaggerating. They are super sporty and you need them when you corner carving. The side bolstering are simply fantastic. My co passenger did not throw up while I was having fun, thanks to the seats which held her perfectly in place!

The FE for the entire trip was 18.7kmpl. The car was driven hard with AC on all the time. I don't I can ever cross the magic 20kmpl mark because the car begs to be driven hard in the open! I'd rather lose 3-4kmpl per liter and have loads of fun in return.

I also have to mention that everyone at the hotel that we stayed in, right from the security guards to the managers couldn't stop admiring the car. Some were even courteous enough to come up to me and appreciate the looks.

I took the Pykara road on the way back and it blew my mind. Fantastic piece of tarmac coupled with awesome scenery on both sides. Anyone going to Ooty, I suggest you take this route. Sure it is 30-40 kms longer than the hairpin bends but trust me, you will be rewarded!

All in all, despite the niggles, the experience with the Fiesta has been absolutely fantastic. I should be doing Munnar in October! Looking forward to it.

Some pictures for you viewing pleasure -

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-188.jpg
Disclaimer - The parking lot was empty hence the hap hazard parking! LOL.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-189.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-051.jpg
Porschefire is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2015, 14:35   #99
Senior - BHPian

Default Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

You seem to be really enjoying the car now, your post if full of emotions , can very well relate to it. I am surprised that the car bottomed out during your trip, never managed to scrape the underbelly so far in 16k kms but the front overhang does scrape some times.

Your car looks beautiful, this red shade makes me want to kick myself for buying a boring white, you have maintained it impeccably.

Must be a co incidence but even my driver side orvm is shivering with cold after a moron in wagon R knocked the painted plastic cover off and i had to get a new one, weeks later the left side mirror also caught cold and is shivering now. Have not yet got the time to go as i do not want to waste a whole day for this issue.

Have to give the car for minor repairs next month, there is a crack on front windshield and a crack on rear bumper (thanks to my sister who missed a giant cement pillar), will ask them to address this shivering then.

Would suggest you to write a good strongly worded mail to Ford before going to recitfy these issues, believe me it does wonders.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 15:41   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
You seem to be really enjoying the car now, your post if full of emotions , can very well relate to it. I am surprised that the car bottomed out during your trip, never managed to scrape the underbelly so far in 16k kms but the front overhang does scrape some times.
Full of emotions, yes, because I just can't stop praising the car enough!

Scraping the bottom was partially my fault and the rest, the craters that were potholes! The front overhang, especially the rubber strip that runs across touches the ground very easily. For me its always a heart in my mouth moment because my immediate reaction is to think I'm scraping the bumper!

Quote:
Your car looks beautiful, this red shade makes me want to kick myself for buying a boring white, you have maintained it impeccably.
Thanks man. C'mon, white is the new black. Looks very good on the Fiesta!

Quote:
Must be a co incidence but even my driver side orvm is shivering with cold after a moron in wagon R knocked the painted plastic cover off and i had to get a new one, weeks later the left side mirror also caught cold and is shivering now. Have not yet got the time to go as i do not want to waste a whole day for this issue.

Have to give the car for minor repairs next month, there is a crack on front windshield and a crack on rear bumper (thanks to my sister who missed a giant cement pillar), will ask them to address this shivering then.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one facing the problem!
Its not the OVRMs but something else then. Does it happen only when you turn on the ACC or is it persistent all the time? I'm pretty sure some ACC component is causing this.
I'm abroad as of now and will be returning only in Oct. Kindly let me know if you get this issue sorted when you give your car for repairs next month.

Quote:
Would suggest you to write a good strongly worded mail to Ford before going to recitfy these issues, believe me it does wonders.
This I will do! Seems to be a quality issue.

All the Fiesta and Ecosport owners here, have you faced similar problems in your cars?
Old 24th August 2015, 20:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This I will do! Seems to be a quality issue.

All the Fiesta and Ecosport owners here, have you faced similar problems in your cars?
Never faced this issue with my Fiesta Classic or with the Figo. This seems to be unique to the Global Fiesta.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 11:52   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update

Just that never found the time to update the thread, until today!
Great update Abhi and your stead looks smashing bro !!

Any plans of painting or changing the Alloys on your Paprika ? Not that the ones you have are bad, just a thought

P.S -
Me and Prashanth met up a fortnight back. Are you in town or touring?
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 16:37   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Great update Abhi and your stead looks smashing bro !!

Any plans of painting or changing the Alloys on your Paprika ? Not that the ones you have are bad, just a thought

P.S -
Me and Prashanth met up a fortnight back. Are you in town or touring?
Thanks bro!

Honestly, I like the stock alloy design but would've preferred it to be 16". After looking at Anachronix's wheels and the way it has transformed the stance of the car, I'm tempted to swap to a 16". Maybe I might do it on the next tire change.

Awesome you met Prashanth! What's his ride nowadays? I'm still on site bro, will return early October. We shall have our meet then!!!
Old 1st December 2015, 15:39   #104
BHPian

Update

It’s been 3 months since the last update! What has happened over the past 3 months you ask? This –

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-1.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-2.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-3.jpg
Currently inching its way towards the 18k mark!

The car celebrated its first birthday a month back and has been performing flawlessly with no faults to report. Niggles that I’ve mentioned in my last update are still very much present but since the car is due for its 3rd service, I’ve let them be for now.

Took the Ford out on a 4 day Chikmagalur trip and as expected, it was a gem on the open road.

Likes –

I’ve spoken enough about the ride, handling and drivability on the open roads and will refrain from posting about them here as it still remains top notch!

- Engine performs exceptionally on the highways. The car is very happy at 100-120kmph and can do these speeds all day.

- Cruise control has made my life a lot easier when I’m in the mood for relaxed cruising.

- Boot swallowed 4 medium sized trolley bags during the trip and could take in some more.

- I’m happy with the grip levels of the Goodyear tires. The squeal under hard cornering though.

Dislikes –

- It is tiring to drive the car in Bangalore traffic (which has gotten worse over the past couple of weeks) due to the hard clutch and gear shift.

- Auto headlamps feature is very sensitive and turns on the lights at 4-5pm even when there is significant daylight.

- Although Sync is a boon on the go, it regularly fails to connect to my phone (and also dad’s phone). The only solution is to pair the phones again. Also, while playing songs from my phone, it manages to put the playlist on ‘Repeat song’ instead of ‘Repeat all’ in spite of me selecting the latter option before turning off the car.

Concerns –

- I can feel slight judder under hard braking. Suspecting brake pad wear out. Is it normal at ~18k kms?

- Found a weird issue with the ACC. I find the blower speed at 3 to be ineffective and at 4 becomes very chilly. I face this at temperatures 18-23 degC.

- I feel the paint quality to be exceptional yet delicate as there are quite a few chip marks on the bonnet and front bumper. The car is driven only on tarred roads with Bangalore potholes thrown in as the ‘off road’ factor. I'd never faced this issue with my Getz.

- The ‘shiver’ issue with LHS rear view which I reported in the last updated still exists. I will report this during the 3rd service but am skeptical whether it’ll be resolved. It feels very crude and truck like.

A visit to 3M has been long pending and I intend to do that by end of this month. Parents are off on 4 day trip to Coorg and I’m glad that the car will see more mileage, the reason being, as the miles are clocked the car becomes smoother and smoother.

Some pictures -

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-4.jpg
Somewhere en route Chikmagalur

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-5.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-6.jpg
Atop Mullayanagiri peak. The view was lovely.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-7.jpg

Last edited by Porschefire : 1st December 2015 at 15:48.
Porschefire is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 10:57   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Must be a co incidence but even my driver side orvm is shivering with cold after a moron in wagon R knocked the painted plastic cover off and i had to get a new one, weeks later the left side mirror also caught cold and is shivering now.
Did anyone happen to fix this issue? I have started getting these vibrations on my LHS ORVM. This happened after I pushed it back the other way while when I got stuck in between the mirror and a pole. There was no great amount of shock or force involved which makes me wonder why this issue has come up. This and the fact that my RHS ORVM is still rigid as a rock even after hitting a ford classic and the plastic cover coming off.

Thanks.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote