Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th December 2015, 12:02   #106
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post

Concerns Ė

- I can feel slight judder under hard braking. Suspecting brake pad wear out. Is it normal at ~18k kms?

- I feel the paint quality to be exceptional yet delicate as there are quite a few chip marks on the bonnet and front bumper. The car is driven only on tarred roads with Bangalore potholes thrown in as the Ďoff roadí factor. I'd never faced this issue with my Getz.
Seems like you are back in town Abhishek and clocking all the miles with smiles

Its really strange coz I have had the exact same "Concerns" on my Polo GT as observed by you. The more surprising aspect is that neither were present on my previous car, Getz!!

Anyways, the 'Shuddering' is surely due to those worn out brake pads and the paint chipping is something completely beyond me.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2015, 19:21   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Did anyone happen to fix this issue? I have started getting these vibrations on my LHS ORVM. Thanks.
I have the same vibrations on both my mirrors and recently went for my Fiesta's 20k service. The mechanic said that they would have to send the car to bodyshop to get the mirrors looked at but i was short on time, so could not get it sorted. Vibrates on idle only, sending the car for front windshield replacement soon, would ask them to have a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Anyways, the 'Shuddering' is surely due to those worn out brake pads and the paint chipping is something completely beyond me.
It is not necessarily due to worn pads buddy, could be due to warped brake rotors. It is impossible to wear out pads so soon, had same issue in my Vento and it was due to warped brake rotors. Had to pay for disc+ pads as VW refused warranty on wear n tear items.

If your running is less than 20k kms Ford will agree to replace discs under warranty and ask you to pay for pads, shoot a mail and they would cover pads under goodwill, did the same for my Ecosport.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 22:06   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone happen to fix this issue? I have started getting these vibrations on my LHS ORVM. This happened after I pushed it back the other way while when I got stuck in between the mirror and a pole. There was no great amount of shock or force involved which makes me wonder why this issue has come up. This and the fact that my RHS ORVM is still rigid as a rock even after hitting a ford classic and the plastic cover coming off.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I have the same vibrations on both my mirrors. Vibrates on idle only
This seems to be an inherent problem with the new Fiestas with Chuckster, yours being the 3rd reported in the forum. Shooting a mail to Ford might bring the issue to their notice but doubt if any action'll be taken. I wonder if this happens in the Ecosport as well!

Quote:
Anyways, the 'Shuddering' is surely due to those worn out brake pads
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
It is not necessarily due to worn pads buddy, could be due to warped brake rotors. It is impossible to wear out pads so soon, had same issue in my Vento and it was due to warped brake rotors. Had to pay for disc+ pads as VW refused warranty on wear n tear items.

If your running is less than 20k kms Ford will agree to replace discs under warranty and ask you to pay for pads, shoot a mail and they would cover pads under goodwill, did the same for my Ecosport.
Thanks coolboy and Vikram for the advice. The Ford is on its way to the 20k kms mark now so I better head to the service station asap for the 3rd service and also to check for the brakes.

Quote:
Seems like you are back in town Abhishek and clocking all the miles with smiles

Its really strange coz I have had the exact same "Concerns" on my Polo GT as observed by you. The more surprising aspect is that neither were present on my previous car, Getz!!
Vik, I've been here for sometime but traveling again this weekend for about 15 days. Our meet has been pending for long now! Hopefully it should happen once I'm back! I've to say your GT has transformed into a monster after the shoe upgrade!!! Looks fab.

I know one thing both of us will agree upon is the Getz was an absolute brilliant car, isn't it!?
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 22:17   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Our meet has been pending for long now! Hopefully it should happen once I'm back! I've to say your GT has transformed into a monster after the shoe upgrade!!! Looks fab.
You bet it has been Abhi and I am also hoping we get to crack the jinx soon. Did meet up Prashanth sometime back and it would be perfect if he can join in, when we do finally catch up

Yes, mods have finally started trickling in on my GT and I have a funny feeling that the flood gates are going to be shattered soon!!

Quote:

I know one thing both of us will agree upon is the Getz was an absolute brilliant car, isn't it!?
There are no 2 ways about that and I couldn't possibly agree more with you. Getz was arguably the best car from the Korean manufacturer and if not for that lethargic 1.3l engine, there was quite literally no flaw in that hatch.

To be honest, I bought my Santro just a couple of months before Hyundai launched the Getz CRDI.

And trust me bro, if I had bought the Getz CRDI then, I would not have the GT today for sure.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 10:55   #110
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder if this happens in the Ecosport as well!
I doubt if that's the case. The ORVM design on the Ecosport is quite different compared to the Fiesta. It's not one of the parts that were shared between the two. Also AFAIK you can't close the ORVM in the Ecosport.

Thanks.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 07:54   #111
BHPian

Hello All, need help.

My car now stands at 21xxx kms on the odo. Today, on my way to the office, the MID threw a "Engine oil change required, service due" message. The Ford went through its 3rd service at 19xxx kms wherein the engine oil and the oil filter were replaced. Could it be the case of a faulty sensor or the service personnel haven't changed the oil? If the case is latter then they are in for a world of pain as I had clearly asked the SE to show me the oil level while getting the car back from the service. Please advise.
Also, I haven't really noticed the color of a diesel engine oil out of the bottle. What color should it be? I'm asking this because when I asked the SE to show me the oil level, the dip stick had oil which was slightly black in color and he said that was new engine oil.
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 08:41   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All, need help.
What color should it be? I'm asking this because when I asked the SE to show me the oil level, the dip stick had oil which was slightly black in color and he said that was new engine oil.
Hi Porschefire, the oil out of bottle will have color similar to honey. But once poured in engine, it will turn black immediately because of the soot already present in engine. So even if they pour new oil, in dip stick it will be in black colour. This is true especially in case of diesel cars. One way to identify if it is new or not is by rubbing a drop of oil in between fingers tips. If it is new, it will have less soot and less thickness.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:07   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All, need help.

My car now stands at 21xxx kms on the odo. Today, on my way to the office, the MID threw a "Engine oil change required, service due" message. The Ford went through its 3rd service at 19xxx kms wherein the engine oil and the oil filter were replaced.
Its just the automated service reminder which comes in at each 10,000 KM. The Ford service fellas forgot to reset the reminder. So, chill. I had the same problem with my recent service. Wonder why resetting the reminder is not part of the SOP for Fiesta.

Press down both accelerator pedal and brake pedal for about 10~15 seconds with the ignition On (the engine should be off) and the reminder will be reset.

New oil in engine right after the change will be light brown which will stay like that for the next 500 KM or so after which it will turn black for a Diesel car.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 10:51   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Its just the automated service reminder which comes in at each 10,000 KM. The Ford service fellas forgot to reset the reminder. So, chill. I had the same problem with my recent service. Wonder why resetting the reminder is not part of the SOP for Fiesta.

Press down both accelerator pedal and brake pedal for about 10~15 seconds with the ignition On (the engine should be off) and the reminder will be reset.

New oil in engine right after the change will be light brown which will stay like that for the next 500 KM or so after which it will turn black for a Diesel car.
As deetjohn said this is an automated service reminder. What's weird though is that its becoming more and more common that ford guys are missing to do this simple resetting. Faced the same issue during my 10K service and I had to manually reset it after talking to them over the phone. I know of a colleague who has an aspire and had the same issue. It's weird how this gets missed so often.
Chuckster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:09   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi Porschefire, the oil out of bottle will have color similar to honey. But once poured in engine, it will turn black immediately because of the soot already present in engine. So even if they pour new oil, in dip stick it will be in black colour. This is true especially in case of diesel cars. One way to identify if it is new or not is by rubbing a drop of oil in between fingers tips. If it is new, it will have less soot and less thickness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

Quote:
As deetjohn said this is an automated service reminder. What's weird though is that its becoming more and more common that ford guys are missing to do this simple resetting. Faced the same issue during my 10K service and I had to manually reset it after talking to them over the phone. I know of a colleague who has an aspire and had the same issue. It's weird how this gets missed so often.
Thanks for your valuable suggestions! Lathangi Ford service personnel are a lethargic lot and I was all ready to call my SE and give him a piece of my mind. Sense prevailed and thankfully, I posted it here.
I forgot to mention, the MID message appeared twice, first while I was driving and second time when I started the car after filling fuel. Both the times, the message disappeared after flashing for 2-3 secs. Also, I am wondering why the message is appearing after covering almost 2k kms post service.
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:48   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Both the times, the message disappeared after flashing for 2-3 secs. Also, I am wondering why the message is appearing after covering almost 2k kms post service.
Its sort of like a 'to do' reminder message that pops up every 10,000 kilometres. Its nothing to do with the actual engine oil quality or quantity. And like every reminder it needs to be ticked off, which is done by the manual resetting. Until then its keeps on coming up. I remember that for me it was while starting up for the day and then some time after driving for a while. Gave me quite a scare the first time as I was in a remote area with not much access to workshops or anything of the sort.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2016, 17:32   #117
BHPian

Update

Before I update about the Ford, Iíd like to share a thought I had over the past couple of days. It was about my automotive history.
My journey started with a humble Activa after which I upgraded to a Pulsar. Both of them were gifted by my parents. We also owned an Omni which served us well for 17 years and dad uses his 22 years old Yezdi Roadking even today!
2007 was the year when I graduated and started working with an MNC. I was allowed to be a part of important family discussions as my dad considered me mature enough then (surprisingly, not before I started working!). Circa 2009, we decided to sell our Omni and bought the Getz, which was my decision. 6 months later, it was discontinued. 2010, I decided to buy a bike and despite having a plethora of choices, I chose the Hero Honda Karizma ZMR! Hated the bike and sold it within 2 years of ownership. 2013, decided to buy the Ninja 250R. 20 days later, it was discontinued and the 300 was launched. This was an informed decision of mine, but still. 2014, we decided to sell our Getz and again, out of the huge number of choices we had, I chose the Ford Fiesta. A year later, it was discontinued.
So, this makes me wonder, do I listen to my heart more often than my mind or am I, simply put, stupid!? You answer for me, will you!?

The Ford

This is once decision of mine which I will never ever ever regret. As Iíve mentioned umpteen number of times, the Ford DNA has to be experienced to believe it. I cannot comment of the Figo twins however as Iíve not driven them. I did get to drive my cousin brotherís Ford Fusion 1.6 and was blown away! The way it revs till 6k redline is astonishing! It makes me think, have Ford finally started making not so good cars so that they can sell them by the crates? Sad, but Iím lucky that I own a car that still has that DNA.

Itís been 1 year 7 months of ownership and the speedo reads 26xxx now, well on its way towards the 27000 mark. The car is mainly used for office commute with 3-4 outstation trips done this year.

Nothing to report really apart from the one time where I was stranded in the middle of a busy junction (Silk Board) due to a puncture. I guess the tire had picked up the puncture 2-3 days back and was losing air. Never noticed it (my mistake) and while I was driving back from work, the steering started pulling to the right. I thought maybe the wheel balancing wasn't done properly but after going some distance noticed the tire had lost all its air. Thankfully I'd stopped right in front of a tire repair shop and got it repaired immediately.

I feel that engine has become more responsive or maybe Iíve got accustomed to driving the car better. I make sure that I am in the power band all the time so it becomes easier managing the car in traffic. Also, I used to rev like we do in a petrol car, which was wrong. Now I up-shift at the 2.5-3k mark. I genuinely feel that I cannot go back to driving non-turbo petrols again.

The interiors have held up well although Iíve to admit there are minor creaks and rattles that have surfaced. Hope to get them rectified during the 4th service. The rear seats are rarely occupied as it is mostly me or dad who use the car. A/C is effective although the rear passengers have complained on some occasions that it doesnít cool the rear enough. I blame the Bangalore summer which has been terrible this year. Severe shortage of bottle holders and on long trips, they have to be kept on the floor. Storing them in the door side pockets makes them rattle, which I hate.

The mileage has been hovering around 14-16kmpl within the city and 18-20kmpl on the highways. The engine has to take huge load especially in the B2B traffic I encounter in my commute, with the A/C on 100% of the times and this affects FE big time. Also, on longer journeys, the car is never driven with a light foot so I think the FE I am getting is pretty good.

4th service at 30k kms is due in some time and Iím preparing myself for a huge bill. The wiper blades create quite a ruckus when they are wiping the windscreen. Iíve had this issue right from the time I bought the car and the SA even advised to replace them during the 3rd service. But this was sometime in Nov last year and since the monsoons were 6-7 months away, decided to replace them later.

Apart from these, the car has been rewarding to drive and we love it.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-002.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-004.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-008.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-006.jpg
Porschefire is offline   (11) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2016, 18:31   #118
Senior - BHPian

The car looks drool-worthy in all the pictures. The rear looks a tad better in your model, with the re-designed lamps.

Although I know you'll retain this car for long, it would still be nice if you could share what vehicle you are planning to buy next. It will help us know that they'll be soon phasing out that model.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 07:51   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Although I know you'll retain this car for long, it would still be nice if you could share what vehicle you are planning to buy next. It will help us know that they'll be soon phasing out that model.
You know what? My friends ask me the same thing! I'm pretty sure I'll buy something that'll be phased out very soon!
This car is a keeper, upgrade will be a Ford again, hopefully the Focus, if they launch it!

Quote:
The car looks drool-worthy in all the pictures. The rear looks a tad better in your model, with the re-designed lamps.
Thank you!
Old 16th May 2016, 12:23   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The interiors have held up well although Iíve to admit there are minor creaks and rattles that have surfaced. Hope to get them rectified during the 4th service.
Congrats on raking up the miles, you have maintained the car beautifully and that shiny red Fiesta is looking beautiful. As for the interior creaks, am also disappointed a bit in this regard. Mine has clocked 27k kms and the outside mirrors have become a bit loose, the driver window is rattling and some creaks inside.
My Vento in that regard has been bang opposite, at 50k kms now, there is not a single squeak or rattle inside. The German has been built much better inside compared to this American. Mechanically, the Fiesta is miles ahead of Vento and i have only faced 1-2 issues with Fiesta.

Quote:
4th service at 30k kms is due in some time and Iím preparing myself for a huge bill. The wiper blades create quite a ruckus when they ar
Don't worry about any huge bill. Our Ecosport came out of the 30k service recently and it only cost us 4900-5000 INR, Fiesta would be similar, just that the wipers would be expensive since they are frame less.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote