Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 13:00   #121
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 4,328
Thanked: 18,361 Times
Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Those pictures are absolute drool-maal, my dear friend. Totally stealing that last one for my desktop! (with your kind permission, of course!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
So, this makes me wonder, do I listen to my heart more often than my mind or am I, simply put, stupid!?
Only a true enthusiast follows his heart. You did, and with no regrets even today, so that doesn't make you stupid. On the contrary, you should be lauded for following your heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
The interiors have held up well although Iíve to admit there are minor creaks and rattles that have surfaced.
This is a surprise, considering that Ford never short-changed on the Fiesta's build quality. Have you tracked these specific rattles to their sources yet? I hope they are just a bunch of loose nuts waiting to be tightened, or go quiet by themselves as your journey goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
The wiper blades create quite a ruckus when they are wiping the windscreen. Iíve had this issue right from the time I bought the car and the SA even advised to replace them during the 3rd service. But this was sometime in Nov last year and since the monsoons were 6-7 months away, decided to replace them later.
Make it a point to change the wiper blades every year, if you can. In addition to creating squeaky noises, they can leave scratch marks on the front windshield which can become impossible to clean up later on, due to the minute dust particles which are embedded on the blades' surfaces. Hardened wiper blades are never a good thing.

Good to see an update from you. Keep clocking the miles and enjoy your fiery red stonker. Be safe.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 15:33   #122
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,530
Thanked: 1,600 Times
Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post

So, this makes me wonder, do I listen to my heart more often than my mind or am I, simply put, stupid!? You answer for me, will you!?
Hey Abhi, awesome to read your post after a long time and I guess this means you are in town now

To be honest, I feel your decisions almost mirror mine. I bought the first generation pulsar that came with cycle spoke sort of wheels and that got phased out as Bajaj introduced alloys & faring. I bought the Getz myself and Hyundai phased it out. In 2014, I bought 1.6 GT TDI and again this engine was phased out.

But we both can agree on one thing, that we would do this all over again if given a chance as these were/are special machines in their own ways.

Its been a while since we have met and in case you got some time off, how about we catch up the coming weekend??

Drive safe and enjoy that Fiesta, coz as they say, they don't make such Fords anymore.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 15:49   #123
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 429
Thanked: 384 Times
Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

That is a prized possession Porshefire.
For me, fiesta has the best looking front under 50 lakhs. I have never missed to give a second glance when I see the Aston Martin'ish front.
I think we should have a Belandur/ORR office meet some day. Nearly half of the BLR software engineer on tbhp work in and around this area.

Once I had tried my level best to get an AT when the model was outgoing but could not find one. This is one car which you can keep for long.

Many happy miles ahead
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 22:08   #124
BHPian
 
PratikPatel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 127
Thanked: 553 Times
Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
You know what? My friends ask me the same thing! I'm pretty sure I'll buy something that'll be phased out very soon!
This car is a keeper, upgrade will be a Ford again, hopefully the Focus, if they launch it!
No doubt the car is a superbly engineered, which allows it to punch way above its class. I was fortunate to get one of the last ones. Here I will say something that I truly believe 'obsolescence is mostly a state of mind'. I had booked the car but not made payment & taken delivery when Ford announced that it would discontinue the car. The only question for me was when would Ford bring a new Fiesta to replace this one. The answer was not 'not anytime soon'. Therefore, I went for the car. By the way, it's for my wife & it's been a really great choice as she is so happy that she always comes back with a huge smile after a drive.
PratikPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 08:40   #125
BHPian
 
Porschefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 312
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats on raking up the miles, you have maintained the car beautifully and that shiny red Fiesta is looking beautiful. As for the interior creaks, am also disappointed a bit in this regard. Mine has clocked 27k kms and the outside mirrors have become a bit loose, the driver window is rattling and some creaks inside.
Thanks man! I'm facing the same issues as you. The left side OVRM still vibrates at idle, the driver window rattles and I'm unable to find a particular rattle coming from the dashboard. I will ask the service personnel to tighten the screws during the 4th service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
My Vento in that regard has been bang opposite, at 50k kms now, there is not a single squeak or rattle inside. The German has been built much better inside compared to this American.
I agree. My friend's Vento at 55000kms has no rattles absolutely.


Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Don't worry about any huge bill. Our Ecosport came out of the 30k service recently and it only cost us 4900-5000 INR, Fiesta would be similar, just that the wipers would be expensive since they are frame less.
That's good to know! I was assuming it might be in the INR 10-15k bracket. I will get the wipers replaced, the SA quoted INR 2.5k I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Those pictures are absolute drool-maal, my dear friend. Totally stealing that last one for my desktop! (with your kind permission, of course!)
Thank you! You can use all the pictures in my thread. I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Only a true enthusiast follows his heart. You did, and with no regrets even today, so that doesn't make you stupid. On the contrary, you should be lauded for following your heart.
Thanks a lot! I don't think I can ever make a practical decision when it comes to my set of wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
This is a surprise, considering that Ford never short-changed on the Fiesta's build quality. Have you tracked these specific rattles to their sources yet? I hope they are just a bunch of loose nuts waiting to be tightened, or go quiet by themselves as your journey goes on.
Well, even I am surprised to be very honest. My Getz had no rattles even after 5 years and 60000kms. The issue with the OVRM and the driver side window has been there for some time now. The creaks coming from the dashboard is new and I hope it is just a matter of tightening some loose screws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Make it a point to change the wiper blades every year, if you can. In addition to creating squeaky noises, they can leave scratch marks on the front windshield which can become impossible to clean up later on, due to the minute dust particles which are embedded on the blades' surfaces. Hardened wiper blades are never a good thing.
Yes, will get them replaced soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
To be honest, I feel your decisions almost mirror mine. I bought the first generation pulsar that came with cycle spoke sort of wheels and that got phased out as Bajaj introduced alloys & faring. I bought the Getz myself and Hyundai phased it out. In 2014, I bought 1.6 GT TDI and again this engine was phased out.

But we both can agree on one thing, that we would do this all over again if given a chance as these were/are special machines in their own ways.
Haha, yes, our choice of automobiles have been similar! You said it mate, I'd rather buy a non-selling, mechanically good car and be happy with it rather than buy something practical and frown every time I drive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Abhi, awesome to read your post after a long time and I guess this means you are in town now
Its been a while since we have met and in case you got some time off, how about we catch up the coming weekend??
It's astonishing that every time I post an update about the Ford and you reply to it so generously, I travel immediately! I guess you are my lucky charm!
I am traveling this weekend albeit for 10-15 days max, this time. I will be back next month and will surely have that long pending meet of ours! I myself will arrange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
That is a prized possession Porshefire.
For me, fiesta has the best looking front under 50 lakhs. I have never missed to give a second glance when I see the Aston Martin'ish front.
This is one car which you can keep for long.
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I think we should have a Belandur/ORR office meet some day. Nearly half of the BLR software engineer on tbhp work in and around this area.
I think you should join Vikram and myself when we meet next month! What say!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
No doubt the car is a superbly engineered, which allows it to punch way above its class. I was fortunate to get one of the last ones. Therefore, I went for the car. By the way, it's for my wife & it's been a really great choice as she is so happy that she always comes back with a huge smile after a drive.
Wow, that's great to know that your wife enjoys driving the car! As you've rightly said, it is a special car that does almost everything right. It is satisfying in every sense and for one time, I'm glad that it did not sell, makes it even more special.

A small incident this morning. A stationary truck was blocking a left turn and I went besides him to ask him to move ahead. He slowly started veering towards the right and I had to react to his stupidity when the right side OVRM brushed against an Innova cab who too close for my comfort. Thankfully, I had got the PPF done on the OVRMs and a torn PPF was the only damage.

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-003.jpg
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:10   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
Vik0728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,530
Thanked: 1,600 Times
Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post

It's astonishing that every time I post an update about the Ford and you reply to it so generously, I travel immediately! I guess you are my lucky charm!
I am traveling this weekend albeit for 10-15 days max, this time. I will be back next month and will surely have that long pending meet of ours! I myself will arrange!
Woah Abhi, I think going forward, there will be no further meet prompts from my end. No that I wouldn't want you to travel or be the "Lucky Charm" sorts,..I rather have the luck of meeting up for a quick photoshoot !!

I guess I am a bit too late on this, but in any case, have a safe travel and lets catch up once you are back in town.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016, 13:39   #127
BHPian
 
Porschefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 312
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

A small update guys, rather a sad one at that.

I've noticed that over the past month or so, fellow Bangalore commuters on two wheels have found a special affinity towards my car's front bumper with as many as 3 incidents in such a short span! The first two were small ones with the only damage being a small scratch or a small area of paint chipping off. I've used rubbing compound on these and have managed to hide them , being visible only on close inspection.
However, yesterday while I was traveling on Hosur Road, I was waiting at a signal on the right most lane. A soon as the lights went green and I started to move, a biker emerged out of nowhere and decided to nudge his bike's silencer against the left side of the bumper, dragging it for a couple of feet!

The damage -->

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-024.jpg

Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta-026.jpg

There was a lot of traffic and the biker managed to filter his way without even bothering to check what had happened. I was tensed listening to the loud screeching sound and had to stop a little ahead to inspect the damage.
I have this good (bad?) habit of not honking even in the densest of traffic jams and was wondering, had I honked, the biker (who was in his own thoughts I presume) would've at least noticed me moving and tried to avoid the collision. If nothing, I'd have left with a minor/deep scratch which would not be half as bad as the fiber piece chipping off!

Request you all to suggest a solution for this please. Can the damage be mended in any which way?
Porschefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016, 23:05   #128
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,250
Thanked: 5,409 Times
Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
...Request you all to suggest a solution for this please. Can the damage be mended in any which way?
Though a small one, it's nasty! The problem is the paint will keep on chipping when you wash and wipe the car every time. Had a very similar issue in my Palio's rear bumper caused by a moron biker!

The BEST solution is to repaint the whole bumper. But I'd suggest something very cheap, if you want to try. Get an insulation tape of this color and stick that around. It's the side of the bumper and the insulation tape should blend atleast 60-70% and only a close inspection will reveal the issue.

I had done this for my Palio and it worked well (it was a black piece though, for black paint).
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 08:07   #129
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,003
Thanked: 2,932 Times
Default Re: Fast Ford - My 2014 Paprika Red Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Request you all to suggest a solution for this please. Can the damage be mended in any which way?
Check at Trend Automobiles, they do a good job on such damages.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html (Body Repair & Painting, Glass Repair, Detailing etc. - Trend Automobiles (Bangalore))
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Fiesta Paprika Red 1.4L Petrol - 12,000 Kms srinivasr79 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 7 29th May 2014 20:24
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi) buddha Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 59 16th July 2010 13:14
Ford fiesta 1.6 ZXi-Paprika Red gksunil Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 60 30th June 2010 12:31
Paprika Red Fiesta SXi 1.6 comes home! viper_711 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 43 17th March 2010 11:45
Red Hot Chilli Paprika - Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI MeEncore Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 7th February 2010 17:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:26.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks