Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th December 2014, 08:17   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My Skoda Rapid 1.5L DSG, Elegance : Initial ownership experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Is this color available with black package? MT?
Yes very much. I think it will look awesome with black package.
abhi_d is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 22:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Been there at Vinayak and test drove the White Black edition DSG, If it's coming in new toffee brown color than no looking back further.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2014, 22:44   #33
BHPian

Congrats on your new car!
The one Beige looks good and will give more residual value come resale!
Will glance your future post for that DSG & Skoda performance.
johannskaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 13:26   #34
BHPian

Hi,
Just before I was about to book my Rapid AT (DSG), a close friend suggested to go in for Vento DSG instead, purely because of the poor After Sales Service of Skoda. I'm of the opinion that they are doing better than before now. Do you think Skoda is getting any better with ASS or should I go in for VW vento DSG. Moreover here in Hyderabad we have just one dealer for Skoda and two for VW.

Thanks,
Abhi
abhi_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:42   #35
BHPian

This colour is fantastic,, I wish I had this option,, I went for C.Beige - the Older 1.6 TDI,,, back in September,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_d View Post
Thanks Charansuki for sharing this wonderful piece. it's enormously useful
I'm all set to buy the toffee brown color. Just to add that in Hyderabad we have only one dealer for Skoda (Mahavir auto) and they told me that they won't offer any discounts on DSG whatsoever, since it's their hot-selling vehicle.
Currently there is a 3 weeks waiting period here, so I'm planning to book it in last week of December so that I can possibly get a 2015 manufactured model.

Anyways, attaching a snap of the toffee brown baby, since it's still not revelaed in Skoda's website.

Will keep you guys posted

Cheers
Abhi

Attachment 1320345

I think Skoda A.S.S is improving, from few posts in the forum,
Also, I have just posted my recent experience with the same in my Ownership thread,, You can check out..
And in Pune also - there is only 1 dealer for Skoda,, and thats NOT good for customers,, they need to have a minimum of 2,,
Monolopy is no good..
For me personally - between Vento and Rapid - I went with Rapid,,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-1-6l-tdi.html (My Cappuccino Beige Skoda Rapid 1.6L TDI)

Wishing you lots of happy miles on your new ride,, and look forward to an Ownership thread, more so if it turns out to be a Rapid,,

Quote:
Hi,
Just before I was about to book my Rapid AT (DSG), a close friend suggested to go in for Vento DSG instead, purely because of the poor After Sales Service of Skoda. I'm of the opinion that they are doing better than before now. Do you think Skoda is getting any better with ASS or should I go in for VW vento DSG. Moreover here in Hyderabad we have just one dealer for Skoda and two for VW.

Thanks,
Abhi

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 23rd December 2014 at 14:46.
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 14:59   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Charansuki for sharing this wonderful piece. it's enormously useful
I'm all set to buy the toffee brown color. Just to add that in Hyderabad we have only one dealer for Skoda (Mahavir auto) and they told me that they won't offer any discounts on DSG whatsoever, since it's their hot-selling vehicle.
Currently there is a 3 weeks waiting period here, so I'm planning to book it in last week of December so that I can possibly get a 2015 manufactured model.

Anyways, attaching a snap of the toffee brown baby, since it's still not revelaed in Skoda's website.

Will keep you guys posted

Cheers
Abhi
Thanks Abhi, The Toffee Brown color is a killer. I am in love with my C.Beige now because it is so practical, Doesnt look a bit dirty even if I dont wash my car for a week. Well, Hope you like whatever color you buy and wish you a nice overall sales experience no matter what car you buy.

I am not so sure about no discounts. I read that Skoda was even offering a "buy in 2014 pay in 2016" scheme on Rapid. This was a part of Google great shopping festival. There are definitely discounts, Fight harder and try your luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Been there at Vinayak and test drove the White Black edition DSG, If it's coming in new toffee brown color than no looking back further.
There is definitely Toffee Brown with Vinayak, just need to push them a little harder. Tafe also has Toffee Brown. Just check with both

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Congrats on your new car!
The one Beige looks good and will give more residual value come resale!
Will glance your future post for that DSG & Skoda performance.
Thanks Johannskaria, Yes I am now realizing the value of C.Beige.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Abhi
I dont have any experience with Skoda A.S.S yet. however my friends' experience has been positive and that's what made me consider Skoda, inspite of bad reviews. The important thing to note is that VW and Skoda are almost similar in their service quality and heard that VW is slightly expensive as well. But if you have two dealers then there is a choice and choice is always good. So just trust the stars and choose what you like. At the end of the day neither VW nor Skoda is equal to a Maruti. You are choosing between devil and the deep sea so ultimately just go with which makes more sense to you.
charansuki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 16:29   #37
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Also avoid quoting entire large posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
This colour is fantastic,, I wish I had this option,, I went for C.Beige - the Older 1.6 TDI,,, back in September,,
=====
Wishing you lots of happy miles on your new ride,, and look forward to an Ownership thread, more so if it turns out to be a Rapid,,
Thanks Hemant, I'm wondering how could I miss your so very insightful review. However you did mention 64k for just a quarter panel, which looked pretty high to me. Also 2000/- for "internal cleaning" looked a bit dicey.
As internal cleaning should be more of a courtesy service. May be I'm a bit finicky for such costs, since I 've been living in Maruti's kingdom all this while

On a positive note, it's assuring to know that Skoda's service is improving.

Your review helped me with another decision and that is about whether to go in for Caska ICE. So I wont now. Thanks for such a candid review of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charansuki View Post
Thanks Abhi, The Toffee Brown color is a killer. I am in love with my C.Beige now because it is so practical, Doesnt look a bit dirty even if I dont wash my car for a week.
=======
You are choosing between devil and the deep sea so ultimately just go with which makes more sense to you.

Thanks Charansuki. Good to know that Skoda A.S.S is improving now. Back here in Hyderabad, there is just one dealer and he claims that all the offers were/are about the regular TSI/TDI model and none for the DSG. He is not even certain about the delivery, he says it may be End of Jan 2015 or beginning of Feb 2015. The more troubling part is that he tells me that I might either get a 2014 manufactured model or a 2015, he cannot commit. Now waiting till Feb 2015 and getting 2014 model does not leave a great taste. Anyways now I better book in Jan and try to cut some deal.

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd December 2014 at 17:11. Reason: Back to back posts, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Old 23rd December 2014, 17:41   #38
BHPian

Abhi_D,
The panel cost itself is about 24,000, the total bill is for Bodywork, Paintwork, Labour.

The car was a complete mess - after the end of Panel Job, the back seat was removed, so were the door..There was solid amount of work to fix the Panel,
Now, I am not that worried about the cost, as the Insurance covered for the same.
2000 for cleaning does seem expensive, but, they did do superb job, So, I am ok with it,

And,
Yes - Caska is a big NO NO.. could have sept my 30K+ in a better manner..
You can opt for Blaupankt Philidelphia 850, You can source it from a VW Dealer, its not available outside,,

Quote:
Thanks Hemant, I'm wondering how could I miss your so very insightful review. However you did mention 64k for just a quarter panel, which looked pretty high to me. Also 2000/- for "internal cleaning" looked a bit dicey.
As internal cleaning should be more of a courtesy service. May be I'm a bit finicky for such costs, since I 've been living in Maruti's kingdom all this while

On a positive note, it's assuring to know that Skoda's service is improving.

Your review helped me with another decision and that is about whether to go in for Caska ICE. So I wont now. Thanks for such a candid review of the same.
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 17:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Abhi_D,
The panel cost itself is about 24,000, the total bill is for Bodywork, Paintwork, Labour.

The car was a complete mess - after the end of Panel Job, the back seat was removed, so were the door..There was solid amount of work to fix the Panel,
Now, I am not that worried about the cost, as the Insurance covered for the same.
2000 for cleaning does seem expensive, but, they did do superb job, So, I am ok with it,

And,
Yes - Caska is a big NO NO.. could have sept my 30K+ in a better manner..
You can opt for Blaupankt Philidelphia 850, You can source it from a VW Dealer, its not available outside,,
Woah!! 64000 for repairs? must be a major repair. I will read your thread for more details, sorry havent done so far.

Also Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 is now available on Snapdeal with doorstep installation. (Link Below). Are you sure yours is Philadelphia 850? Couldnt find a product by that name on google.

Link for Snapdeal

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...GNZu6hDR4FdTJA
charansuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 20:57   #40
BHPian

Hai, The model No. was a Typo in my post,
This product is not available - and has been in that state from months now..
Even on the Snapdeal site,,
I contacted Blaupankt india earlier - when I got my car - September, and they had informed me that - It would be available only from a VW Dealer,,

I dropped going for this, as I had to shell another 25/30 K - and the total ICE setup cost would have been upwords of 60K...
I had the Rapid OEM HU System buyback + 32K for new caska,
And,
for Blaupankt - I would have had to forgo the OEM system Buyback, and buy it at list price,, so total would have been 60K for ICE setup, that was way over, what I wanted to invest,, I dropped it.

Quote:
Also Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 is now available on Snapdeal with doorstep installation. (Link Below). Are you sure yours is Philadelphia 850? Couldnt find a product by that name on google.

Link for Snapdeal

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...GNZu6hDR4FdTJA
Hemant_Joshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 14:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hai, The model No. was a Typo in my post,
This product is not available - and has been in that state from months now..
Even on the Snapdeal site,,
I contacted Blaupankt india earlier - when I got my car - September, and they had informed me that - It would be available only from a VW Dealer,,

I dropped going for this, as I had to shell another 25/30 K - and the total ICE setup cost would have been upwards of 60K...
I had the Rapid OEM HU System buyback + 32K for new caska,
And,
for Blaupunkt - I would have had to forgo the OEM system Buyback, and buy it at list price,, so total would have been 60K for ICE setup, that was way over, what I wanted to invest,, I dropped it.
Do you think it's the same model that comes with Vento Konnect, depicted in this link
http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...st_mediaitem_0

As VW told me that they have it with them for a price of 50k. It's quite a stunner and merges well with the facia.
Old 24th December 2014, 15:18   #42
BHPian

Ya -Looks same, but, better to confirm with Skoda on that, before putting your money..
It integrates well and has an OEM finish,
Caska look/finish is good, and it also integrates well, almost OEM, but, not satisfactory for the money,, its slow, based on an fossil OS, and quality is just acceptable,

Quote:
Do you think it's the same model that comes with Vento Konnect, depicted in this link
http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/model...st_mediaitem_0

As VW told me that they have it with them for a price of 50k. It's quite a stunner and merges well with the facia.
Hemant_Joshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2014, 20:53   #43
BHPian

Hi Charansuki,
When I took the TD of DSG, everything was butter smooth but there was this one thing that I could not manage well. So while crawling with the traffic, I noticed that its crawl speed was a bit high. I had to apply considerable force on the brake to keep it up with the slow moving traffic else it was just too eager to spring ahead. Was I doing something wrong or is that the normal character of DSG.
Old 26th December 2014, 13:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Charansuki,
When I took the TD of DSG, everything was butter smooth but there was this one thing that I could not manage well. So while crawling with the traffic, I noticed that its crawl speed was a bit high. I had to apply considerable force on the brake to keep it up with the slow moving traffic else it was just too eager to spring ahead. Was I doing something wrong or is that the normal character of DSG.
Sorry for the delay in response, mad year end rush. To answer your question, this is a normal characteristic of any automatic car and not Rapid's alone. This is called creeping and it is deliberately designed to happen. In Manual car you press the clutch to stop car from moving but if you release the clutch slightly the car will move in manual too. This is what happens in Automatics, since there is no manual clutch you can use to avoid the power transmission to wheels you will feel this very prominently. You will get used to this and it is actually a very useful feature in traffic. You will need to learn to use your brakes more efficiently. You can read more about it in the below links

http://www.m.driving-test-success.co...maticcars.html
http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtop...?f=23&t=825839
charansuki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 14:03   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the delay in response, mad year end rush. To answer your question, this is a normal characteristic of any automatic car and not Rapid's alone. This is called creeping and it is deliberately designed to happen. In Manual car you press the clutch to stop car from moving but if you release the clutch slightly the car will move in manual too. This is what happens in Automatics, since there is no manual clutch you can use to avoid the power transmission to wheels you will feel this very prominently. You will get used to this and it is actually a very useful feature in traffic. You will need to learn to use your brakes more efficiently. You can read more about it in the below links

http://www.m.driving-test-success.co...maticcars.html
http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtop...?f=23&t=825839
Thanks for elaborating that. What I meant was that I felt it to be a bit more eager/speedier than other torque converter /CVT based ATs (Honda City & i10 Auto to be precise) in creeping mode.
But I get it from you now, this may be due to its extra power (in comparison to i10 and previous gen City automatic) and the DSG's more directness with the engine that makes it a bit more springy than traditional ATs.