Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:58   #106
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Wow nidhinsarath that is quite surprising !! You have 45K clicks and still not have changed the brake pads



Have you not once experienced the steering shuddering during high speed braking? If not, please share your style of driving and maintaining the braking system.



From what I have understood, brake pads on my GT went kaput at around 20k kms and according to SA it was quite acceptable/common



Either you are a very sedate driver or the brake pads on your Polo are made of something else buddy.

I haven't experienced any sort of shuddering from steering till now. I have not felt anything wrong with the braking efficiency too. I'm not at all a sedate driver by any means. I drive fast (my profession demands it due to time constraints) but I never used to strain the engine or drive in high rpms. I use brakes very less often. Most of the time, engine braking will do the work! I always control the speed and rpms with proper gear ratios.
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:34   #107
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Today I swapped the stock brake pads after running close to 47k kms. Since 5 days I was experiencing a slight shuddering from steering while braking at above 80kmph. Today I took it to Phoenix Calicut, but the technician told it will last for another 4-5k kms. But I was not at all ready to take a risk especially in these rainy days. Total bill came upto ₹2400/-. But the old pads looks good though. Opinions please!
My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464868988.707574.jpg
My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline-imageuploadedbyteambhp1464869021.408322.jpg
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 02:31   #108
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Today I swapped the stock brake pads after running close to 47k kms. Since 5 days I was experiencing a slight shuddering from steering while braking at above 80kmph.
The shuddering on steering and the car vibrating when braking lightly is not due to the worn brake pads. It is a well known issue in Polo/Vento and this is going on from past 3-4 years in most of the cars, i have also faced it twice. This is due to warping of the brake disc/rotors, why they warp is beyond my understanding but there is an issue with the metallurgy of the rotors, you can search team bhp and there are tons of posts.

47k is a great life for the rotors, you can get them changed if the shuddering does not stop. I have ordered brembo pads+rotors for my Vento (mine has done 50k kms) and want to see how good they are compared to stock discs and pads.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 09:41   #109
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

My 1.5 year old Polo 1.5 TDI showed up a warning lamp for diesel pre glow indicator in the cluster while I was driving to my work place 5 days back. Since I was about to reach my destination in 3 kms, I continued driving it but within no time the turbo stopped kicking. I parked the car and the vehicle was towed to Phoenix VW Calicut on 13/6/2016. Since then the vehicle is in service centre and the service guys have no idea about the cause. Initially they did some adaptation and problem was cleared but on test driving it for close to 30 kms the warning lamp was again showed up. They updated about this on 16/6/2016. They said they are in contact with VW technical assistance but nothing happened. Yesterday when I visited the service centre, CRM said it's something related to ECM module and they will give a try with an alternative ECM. If it works fine then a new ECM has to be ordered and will take at least 2-3 weeks. Till then the vehicle has to be kept in the service centre. I am really stuck without the vehicle now. My daily drive includes 120kms. I asked for a replacement vehicle but they are not willing to give it. Above all that they still don't have any idea about the cause of warning lamp. Customer support is very very bad and updates about the progress of work to the customer is very pathetic. They never bothered to call me in any of the occasions. I'm really fed with their service.
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2016, 22:38   #110
BHPian
 
premc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kozhikode
Posts: 73
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
My 1.5 year old Polo 1.5 TDI showed up a warning lamp for diesel pre glow indicator in the cluster while I was driving to my work place 5 days back. Since I was about to reach my destination in 3 kms, I continued driving it but within no time the turbo stopped kicking. I parked the car and the vehicle was towed to Phoenix VW Calicut on 13/6/2016. Since then the vehicle is in service centre and the service guys have no idea about the cause. Initially they did some adaptation and problem was cleared but on test driving it for close to 30 kms the warning lamp was again showed up. They updated about this on 16/6/2016. They said they are in contact with VWto move. I had technical assistance but nothing happened. Yesterday when I visited the service centre, CRM said it's something related to ECM module and they will give a try with an alternative ECM. If it works fine then a new ECM has to be ordered and will take at least 2-3 weeks. Till then the vehicle has to be kept in the service centre. I am really stuck without the vehicle now. My daily drive includes 120kms. I asked for a replacement vehicle but they are not willing to give it. Above all that they still don't have any idea about the cause of warning lamp. Customer support is very very bad and updates about the progress of work to the customer is very pathetic. They never bothered to call me in any of the occasions. I'm really fed with their service.
Shoot off a strongly worded mail to VW customer care, expressing your dissatisfaction with the whole episode and you may see things getting to move. I had problem with the injectors in my previous Vento TDI ( switched over to TSI now)The injectors were replaced under warranty at Phoenix cars, Calicut, but in the process, they broke the fuel return hose and charged me over 8000.Rs. I got it refunded after sending a mail to customer care (See Page 500 of VW Vento thread)
premc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 18:03   #111
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by premc44 View Post
Shoot off a strongly worded mail to VW customer care, expressing your dissatisfaction with the whole episode and you may see things getting to move.

Sure sir. I'll do it. I had already sent an email before too regarding an engine oil issue.

Today i was told that they will TD the vehicle with a new ECU and then will finalise about the exact problem. Now they called me to ask whether I had done any other wiring from outside because I had swapped the roof with dedicated map lamps. He also said that he had taken a few snaps of the same. I felt so angry on them by hearing that. They are not able to sort out the exact problem and now they creating some other issues so that they can void the warranty and charge me for the new spares. I strongly believe that this issue is something related to fuel pump or injector since I had loss in turbo power and there was missing from the engine while idling. Any pointers on that?
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 04:06   #112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 842
Thanked: 591 Times
Default Re: My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
My 1.5 year old Polo 1.5 TDI showed up a warning lamp for diesel pre glow indicator in the cluster while I was driving to my work place 5 days back.
Actually my Pol 1.6 does have this problem occasionally. Sometimes when I start the pre-glow icon starts blinking. I usually solve this by switching the car off, taking the key off the ignition and wait for 10 - 20 seconds. When I then start the car the light usually does not come back on.

If the light is on the car usually get into limp home mode and does not rev beyond 3k rpm and go beyond a max speed of 80kmph.

The VW service center guys are some of the best in the world. Not even the Formula 1 pit stop mechanics are as good. So I don't usually bother them with such silly problems.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 04:51   #113
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Mumbai.
Posts: 122
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Actually my Polo 1.6 does have this problem occasionally. Sometimes when I start the pre-glow icon starts blinking. I usually solve this by switching the car off, taking the key off the ignition and wait for 10 - 20 seconds. When I then start the car the light usually does not come back on.

If the light is on the car usually get into limp home mode and does not rev beyond 3k rpm and go beyond a max speed of 80kmph.

The VW service center guys are some of the best in the world. Not even the Formula 1 pit stop mechanics are as good. So I don't usually bother them with such silly problems.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Perfect example of how to kill a beautiful product. My uncle who owns the same model was so fed up with arrogant and dishonest service centre people who tried every trick to void the warranty that he sold off his car within one year of ownership. The car had a severe knocking issue which was never resolved even after repeated trips to the service station.

Last edited by Akib Khan : 24th June 2016 at 04:57.
Akib Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 14:01   #114
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: India
Posts: 348
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Hi

I see that you have enabled needle staging through vcds. Can you please elaborate the procedure? I couldn't find the option in the instruments module.

Thanks
torque18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 22:28   #115
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

I had an issue with my vehicle 3 weeks back. The diesel pre glow warning lamp started blinking while I was driving and gradually turbo stopped kicking in. I stopped the vehicle safely and it was towed to service centre. They couldn't rectify the issue and after few days they said it is due to faulty ECM and asked for a replacement. ECM came after 2 weeks and it was replaced under warranty. Yesterday when I went to take the test drive, there was a problem with clutch release. The vehicle starts moving only when the clutch was released more than75-80%. I raised this and another guy drove the vehicle and he said it is normal. He was behaving so arrogantly that later on he started arguing with me that I can't do anything to him. He said he has removed the vehicle clutch and I will never be able to prove any sort of manipulation done inside the service centre. But when another technician drove the car, he confirmed that there is an issue with clutch and it needs bleeding. But I'm wondering how the clutch malfunctioned after changing the ECM. Any pointers on this? Anyways I'd raised this issue to service manager and he will be personally inspecting the vehicle tomorrow. But no one has any clue about the cause.
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 22:39   #116
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,342
Thanked: 13,176 Times
Default Re: My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
But I'm wondering how the clutch malfunctioned after changing the ECM. Any pointers on this?


You went to solve one issue and they gifted you one more from their side.

What are these guys thinking with their silly arrogance?!

I am getting a feeling of foul play here, parts seem to be swapped I guess. How long was the car at the ASC?
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 22:44   #117
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I am getting a feeling of foul play here, parts seem to be swapped I guess. How long was the car at the ASC?
The car is there for 19 days till date. Even I'm feeling the same because I'd previously complained about their service through an email and Facebook post. If there is any foul play, how can we sort it out?
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 23:15   #118
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,342
Thanked: 13,176 Times
Default Re: My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
The car is there for 19 days till date. Even I'm feeling the same because I'd previously complained about their service through an email and Facebook post. If there is any foul play, how can we sort it out?
If there is, it is difficult to do anything now. Get them diagnose the fault with the clutch system and replace it. You don't pay anything.

Moreover try as much as possible to be with the car. They'll do their job as they should!
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 23:26   #119
Senior - BHPian
 
coolboy007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,717
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default Re: My Glistening Night Blue VW Polo 1.5 TDi Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If there is, it is difficult to do anything now. Get them diagnose the fault with the clutch system and replace it. You don't pay anything.
Wish it was so easy to fight with them Anurag, since you have owned Maruti cars so far and they provide great after sales, you can not even imagine how crooked and pathetic is the Volkswagen group. The emails are ready by blind people and calls to customer care are attended to by deaf personnel. Till the time the VAG cars runs fine, they are a gem, one issue and the unbelievably poor service of VW comes in light.

Feel sad for your car nidhinsarath, i really do not think that any mails to VW India would help you out. Go the dealership, be polite but stern and talk to the service head about this fiasco. There is no relation between clutch/ECM and they have screwed up some thing, if the dealership does not help, then send mails to VW India and send your message to facebook media team.

VW/Skoda are touching new lows in service every day, just yesterday i was reading a post of an unhappy Rapid customer who is willing to sell his car as scrap by being valued according to its weight.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 16:32   #120
BHPian
 
nidhinsarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calicut
Posts: 219
Thanked: 87 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Wish it was so easy to fight with them Anurag, since you have owned Maruti cars so far and they provide great after sales, you can not even imagine how crooked and pathetic is the Volkswagen group. The emails are ready by blind people and calls to customer care are attended to by deaf personnel. Till the time the VAG cars runs fine, they are a gem, one issue and the unbelievably poor service of VW comes in light.



Feel sad for your car nidhinsarath, i really do not think that any mails to VW India would help you out. Go the dealership, be polite but stern and talk to the service head about this fiasco. There is no relation between clutch/ECM and they have screwed up some thing, if the dealership does not help, then send mails to VW India and send your message to facebook media team.



VW/Skoda are touching new lows in service every day, just yesterday i was reading a post of an unhappy Rapid customer who is willing to sell his car as scrap by being valued according to its weight.

Today service manager called and confirmed that there is an issue with clutch. He said its due to wear and tear of clutch! According to him, if ECM is faulty it may not be shown initially with any warnings. The issue would have been there long back and due to this the power delivery was changed and thereby affected the clutch. This won't be known to the driver by any means. Now when the ECM was replaced, power and torque regained as before and this started showing up in the already affected clutch. Is there any truth in this. I don't believe in this.
nidhinsarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nyx - My Night Blue VW Polo 1.5L TDI DWC Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 99 19th July 2015 09:29
My Blue Saphire - Shadow Blue Vento Highline classic86 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 44 15th February 2012 20:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks