Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th June 2015, 09:55   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Really unfortunate to see the incident,at the same time quite happy to see everyone safe and sound. A village is the last place one likes to end up in a mess. In fact all my senses are up and in fully alert while driving through a village.Regarding the car I am sure DSK will do a good job. I also see the bonnet a bit misaligned.
Hoping to see the black horse back on the road at the earliest.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 26th June 2015 at 09:57.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2015, 11:00   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Hi friends, I hope all are doing good. Deepak, there has been no updates since a month on your black workhorse V.
I am doing good and so is my Black Workhorse. True there has been no happenings this far so as to update the thread. But its good that at least you have broken the ice.

Quote:
Finally after 5 months had my innova polished at home using Auto Glym products. They are great and easy to use. One of my cousin has a kit, so borrowed it for a day.
As usual, it took a day for me to get the car to a sparkling shape.
Wonderful , so a day well spent. I am sure you must have burnt a lot of calories in the process.

Quote:
I have clicked the pics during this polishing process, but unfortunately they are n my laptop. I will share them sometime in my later post.
Would like to see the pictures of your car comparing the pre-polish and post-polish finish. Please do share them asap. I too intend to polish my car at least once in a year, but from outside professionals .

Quote:
Unfortunately he met with an accident, wherein a motorcycle bumped into him when he was standing n a line of 4-5 cars. The impact of the motorcycle was such that the rider fell off on the Rh door after smashing the front right end of the bumper, fender.The pillion rider flew off and bumped onto front and the rear door. But thank's to Allah, the riders were safe though they had some bruised on hand and leg.
My goodness. These morons seem to be riding very recklessly to bump into a stationary car like this. They should thank their stars that they got away with just few bruises. Had they dashed against a moving vehicle, situation would have been quite gruesome. Car damages can always get repaired, but a loss of life or limb is irreparable.

Quote:
The village people who were already standing to help some other people who had met with an accident couple of mins before my car reached that spot, rushed in and helped the poor guys to get up. The impact was such that the fender pushed back restricting the door to open.
I now understand, these bikers might have got distracted by the accident and took off their eyes from the road (so very common these days), but the idiots might have forgotten to reduce the speed, resulting in bumping into your car.

Quote:
Somehow the driver got out and helped the others to get the guys on their toes. After questioning if they wanted to visit hospital for first aid, they negated and said they are doing good. Being said that the driver was standing and the villagers were witness to it, they let my driver go. He picked up the broken mirror and fog lamp and proceeded towards aurangabad.
Good gesture by your driver and the villagers. Your driver was indeed lucky not to get into any scuffle with the bikers or villagers.

Quote:
I came to know about it later as the driver had called my cousin first to inform. I was nervous till the time my parents returned, just considering their safety.
I can fully understand your anxiety. More than the car you would be worried about the safe return of your parents. It might have been a shock for them as well.

Quote:
I will post some pics later showing the damage. As of now the car is in DSK for insc claim. I am planning to visit the service center this Saturday. Will also share the details of the repairs and the procedure.
Seems the bumper has taken the major damage also the bonnet to some extent. Though there are scratches over both the right doors, I don't think it needs a complete repaint. Just some touch up and polishing should get the job done (unless there are any dents that are not visible in the pictures). How much time and repair cost did DSK quote? Which company insurance do you have? Do let me know if you want me to accompany you and I can join you in your visit to DSK.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2015, 20:52   #183
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shahbaaz, no updates from you today. Did you get a chance to visit DSK Toyota today? I am eager to know about the insurance claim processing and the costs involved. By the way which company insurance do you have?
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 10:01   #184
Senior - BHPian

The day gone by, 28th June was my birthday. No specific plans, got up late on a lazy Sunday morning. Had some routine tasks at hand, which I finished and then very late @ 11am decided that we will venture out for lunch. Started from home @ 12pm. In the monsoons, which other better place than Tamhini ghat. Planned to go through, Hinjewadi, Mann, Ghotawade village. Unfortunately I completely missed the straight road from phase-1 and took the phase-2 and pjase-3 route. Crossed DLF, Tech Mahindra and then after TCS, we hit the hills, but then there was no road ahead. There was a settlement of MIDC project afected people. Took a U turn and then went towards Cognizant, again wrong route. It being a Sunday, there was hardly anyone available on road to give us correct directions. Fortunately we saw an auto and when asked him, he pointed us towards the tall white buildings (Megapolis). Only then I realized my mistake. Went all the way round towards Megapolis, took the small ghat and we then hit the correct road.

Since it was lunch time and kids were feeling hungry thought of stopping by the first good hotel and found this, "Green Dale", nice location, decent food. Took some snaps at the hotel.

BW parked in front of Green Dale hotel
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-parked-front-green-dale-hotel.jpg

Kid enjoying the lawn of the hotel
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-kid-enjoying-lawn-hotel.jpg

The lush green mehendi shrubs dotting the hotel entrance
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-lush-green-mehendi-shrubs-dotting-hotel-entrance.jpg

Kids busy spotting the butterfly in the shrubs
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-kids-busy-spotting-butterfly-shrubs.jpg

Another view of the hotel

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-another-view-hotel.jpg

Continued further @ 2pm. Crossed Ghotawade village and the came at Pirangut cross-roads. Just before the crossroad there was a jam. Later realized that there was a police check post and they were leaving one by one. The straight road went to Lavasa and the one on the right towards Paud, Mulshi. Though we are in the middle of monsoon, it was mostly a dry day yesterday, but we came across some beautiful shades of green (trees) and grey (clouds). Since we had refuelled at the hotel, why would our Black Workhorse be left behind, hence did a tankfull at the IOC bunk enroute. Some snaps take at the bunk.

Nice red shoeflower trees dotting the bunk compund wall
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-nice-red-shoeflower-trees-dotting-bunk-compund-wall.jpg

BW waiting for its turn at the bunk to get the much needed diet
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-waiting-its-turn-bunk-get-much-needed-diet.jpg

Kid wondering when will BW fill its stomach

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-kid-wondering-when-will-bw-fill-its-stomach.jpg

As soon as we crossed one small ghat we got the beautiful view of the Mulshi backwaters. Each and every turn on this road is a scenic spot. One of my friends had warned me against venturing in Tamhini, because this area is prone to landslides, especially in the monsoon, however we were furtunate enough, not to come across any such instance. We just parked the car besides the road at one such beautiful spot and took some pictures.

Clouds playing hide and seek with Mulshi backwaters
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-clouds-playing-hide-seek-mulshi-backwaters.jpg

Another view of clouds playing hide and seek with Mulshi backwaters
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-another-view-louds-playing-hide-seek-mulshi-backwaters.jpg

Clouds kissing the Mountains
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-clouds-kissing-mountains-.jpg

The dark could ready to burst any time

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dark-could-ready-burst-any-time.jpg
Old 29th June 2015, 10:38   #185
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures clicked en route by Dad (while I was at the wheel)

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-enroute-picture1.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-enroute-picture2.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-enroute-picture3.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-enroute-picture4.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-enroute-picture5.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 29th June 2015 at 10:43.
Old 29th June 2015, 10:49   #186
Senior - BHPian

We had initially thought of going all the way till the end of the ghat, descend and then go to Pali and Mahad (Ashtavinayak temples) and then return back, but then destiny had some different plans in mind. Just as we crossed the Tamhini village, we saw a dilapidated board, showing signs towards right, Ambavane village - 24 kms and Lonavala - 48 kms. Some of you who are familiar with Pune would know the famous Amby Valley, Ambavane village is located near Amby Valley, rather the valley got its name form this village. The whole family (except me) was sceptical about venturing in this unknow territory. However as we ventured into this jungle we saw a lot of vehicles crossing us. Around 3-4 kms onto this road and we stumbled across this beautiful location. Huge mountains and deep valleys, dotted with waterfalls and the dark grey coulds in the sky, playing the light and shade show. Couldn't think of a better opportunity to open my shutterbugs.

Lush green table top with dark mountain and deep valley in the backdrop
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-lush-green-table-top-dark-mountain-deep-valley-backdrop.jpg

Another view of the deep valley
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-another-view-deep-valley.jpg

One of the various streams finding its way through the thick vegetation
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-one-various-streams-finding-its-way-through-thinck-vegetation.jpg

BW resting by the road side while we were soaking in the scenery
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-resting-road-side-while-we-were-soaking-scenery.jpg

Light and shade paying hide and seek with the mountains
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-light-shade-paying-hide-seek-mountains.jpg

Light ahead and dark valley in the backdrop
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-light-ahead-dark-valley-backdrop.jpg

A Scorpio resting under the tree
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-scorpio-under-tree.jpg

BW in the company of some bikes for a change
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-company-some-bikes-change.jpg

BW admiring the beautiful location
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-admiring-beautiful-location.jpg

BW with the mountain range in the backdrop

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-mountain-range-bacdrop.jpg
Old 29th June 2015, 10:52   #187
Senior - BHPian

After a brief 30 mins shoot we continued the way forward. Within half a km from the earlier spot, this marvelous water body came to sight. Pristine, clear rain waters from the various springs, overflowing a small bund wall, Vow it was simply fantastic. There were many picknickers enjoying in the water, we too joined them in the revelry. Again opportunity for some pics.

BW staring at the pristine clear spring waters
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-staring-pristine-clear-spring-waters.jpg

Another view of BW staring at the pristine clear spring waters
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-another-view-bw-staring-pristine-clear-spring-waters.jpg

Selfie with the family enjoying the waters
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-selfie-family-enjoying-waters.jpg

Family enjoying waters with other picnickers
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-family-enjoying-waters-other-picknickers.jpg

Parents too enjoyed the spot along with kids
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-parents-too-enjoyed-spot-along-kids.jpg

Son wondering where all this water is coming from
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-son-wondering-where-all-water-coming-.jpg

Dad holding my son firmly with both his hands

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dad-holding-my-son-firmly-both-his-hands.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 10:59   #188
Senior - BHPian

We then continued our journey further. Now the road had become quite treacherous, loose gravel and the innumerable rainwater streams crossing the road. There was hardly any habitat. It was only jungle and mountains around, but mountains of various shapes and sizes. Each one had a story to tell. Each one shouting loud, come and meet me. Wish I could go and climb each of of them, will keep that for another day.

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-img_20150628_165005.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-img_20150628_165149.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-img_20150628_165230.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dscn4342.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-img_20150628_165829.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dscn4343.jpg

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dscn4346.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2015, 11:06   #189
Senior - BHPian

The road became more dangerous, the jungle became thicker, with steep climbs, a shiver ran down the spine, as if we won't live to see tomorrow. It was a pass between two mountains, with very thick vegetation. I am sure each one of us have missed a heart beat. After crossing this horror jungle, we came across some habitat. An old lady standing on the road with huge jackfruit. We stopped by her to ask directions and she in return asked if we wanted to purchase her jackfruit. We thanked her with a polite no and she confirmed that the straight road ahead goes to Ambavane village. Vow what a sigh of relief it was. We then caught up with a Zen and followed it for almost 4-5 kms. Then in sight came the Amby valley fort and the air strip. Some pics taken there.

The first sight of Amby Valley
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-first-sight-amby-valley.jpg

The Air Strip at Amby Valley
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-air-strip-amby-valley.jpg

The fort overlooking the Amby Valley (forgot its name)
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-fort-overlooking-amby-valley-forgot-its-name.jpg

Another view of the fort and butter smooth road ahead

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-another-view-fort-butter-smooth-road-ahead.jpg

The road now was butter smooth. We didn't stop by any of the points en route. We had to encounter the huge jam near Bhushi dam @ 05:30pm, then at Lovalava dam and finally at the railway crossing in Lonavala. We lost almost two hours in the jam. Kids were getting impatient. It was almost 8pm, when we crossed Lonavala and hit the expressway. Reached home @ 09:30pm and so came to an end a very adventurous trip.

A birthday and a holiday well spent

Last edited by AutoIndian : 29th June 2015 at 11:07.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 10:55   #190
BHPian

Another view of BW staring at the pristine clear spring waters
Attachment 1387394

Parents too enjoyed the spot along with kids
Attachment 1387397

What a lovely trip. I remember visiting this area around 3 years ago. A very calm place to relax.

Sorry did not respond to your previous query. I had visited DSK on Saturday , but the work had not started due to unavailability of side fender and few other parts. They have quoted around 40K, which may increase. Yesterday I had called to enquire about the work progress. The service Engineer said that the parts are now available but the after opening the door and the fender, it seems that either a new door requires lot of work, if not then replace it by shelling out 18K. Which is not good news. Hence I am visiting today in second half to check the details.

I had considered Toyota protect scheme, that's ICICI Lombard comprehensive insurance which reduces our burden of calling and surveying the vehicle. Toyota takes care of it .
I will keep you posted with today's happenings .
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2015, 11:09   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
What a lovely trip. I remember visiting this area around 3 years ago. A very calm place to relax.
True, it is a very beautiful place, but nowadays over the weeks ends it is bustling with picnickers and there is a lot of rush.

Quote:
Sorry did not respond to your previous query. I had visited DSK on Saturday , but the work had not started due to unavailability of side fender and few other parts.
No worries, I thought so, you might be busy.

Quote:
They have quoted around 40K, which may increase. Yesterday I had called to enquire about the work progress. The service Engineer said that the parts are now available but the after opening the door and the fender, it seems that either a new door requires lot of work, if not then replace it by shelling out 18K. Which is not good news. Hence I am visiting today in second half to check the details.
That is a huge amount. I knew this. Regular servicing of Innova is quite cheap, but any parts replacement is always expensive.

Quote:
I had considered Toyota protect scheme, that's ICICI Lombard comprehensive insurance which reduces our burden of calling and surveying the vehicle. Toyota takes care of it .
I will keep you posted with today's happenings .
I think Toyota protect scheme makes a lot of sense. Let us know what happens next.
Old 1st July 2015, 17:02   #192
Senior - BHPian

Friends, courtesy google maps and satellite pictures I was able to identify the names of forts seen in the pictures. The one that you see in the message#188 (last two pictures) above (sort of twin towers) is Taila-Baila. This is very famous amongst trekkers and rock climbers. You can see more pictures of these famous twin rock patches in google over here ---> https://www.google.co.in/search?q=ta...7mRnEcPAVOY%3D

The other fort near Amby valley message #189 (third picture)is Korigad and the one in message #188 (second picture) is Ghanagad
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:37   #193
Senior - BHPian

Friends, my Black Workhorse crossed the 64K km milestone yesterday. I will now have to get an appointment for the 65K km servicing. This is a non-oil change service, but I want to get the fornt RHS wheel bearing replaced. Since it is making that humming noise for speeds over 60kmph, I want to get it replaced. It is a costly affair, but more than that it is time consuming as DSK Toyota will have to give it to outside workshop for bearing removal from wheel. I would be more than happy if I can get my car back the same day I give it at the service centre. I will also have to get the alignment done post this bearing replacement, which I intend to get done from outside, coupled with wheel rotation. Planning to book the service for 1st Aug (Saturday)
Old 2nd July 2015, 21:46   #194
vdm
BHPian

Well I don't think it's a good idea to change the bearing other than the a.s.s. The quality of the bearing does matter and if the new bearing is of inferior quality & gives up prematurely you would have to go through the whole process & I don't think the service guy outside would provide you with any kind of warranty on it.
vdm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 09:30   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdm View Post
Well I don't think it's a good idea to change the bearing other than the a.s.s. The quality of the bearing does matter and if the new bearing is of inferior quality & gives up prematurely you would have to go through the whole process & I don't think the service guy outside would provide you with any kind of warranty on it.
Well, thank you for your advice vdm, but it seems you mis-read my post . I had mentioned, "It is a costly affair, but more than that it is time consuming as DSK Toyota will have to give it to outside workshop for bearing removal from wheel."

Quoting below from my previous posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
DSK Toyota, Bavdhan don't have the facility of removing the bearing from the hub. It needs a big press and it is outsourced to a workshop at Shivajinagar. The workshop being closed on Sunday, if I my car was sent there for bearing removal, it would have been stuck there till Monday. The car advisor told me that the car can be driven for few more thousand kms before replacement. It is a very mild humming sound coming beyond speeds of 60kmph.

The estimate for the front bearing replacement part and labor is about Rs 7,400/-. The bearing itself costs Rs 6,500/-, labor charges Rs 500/- and outsourcer charges for bearing removal and refitting Rs 350/-. The bearing for ABS brakes equipped car comes with a different roller and is costly from non-ABS one by Rs 1000/- I was told.
Conclusion: The bearing replacement job will be done at DSK Toyota (authorized service centre only). However DSK outsources the "bearing removal from the hub" and fitment job to a third party. So I am sure, the new bearing will be a genuine (OEM) one only and the warranty of the new bearing will be completely DSK's responsibility. Hope now I have been able to clear the confusion created by my previous post