Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 14:14   #241
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Got a pleasant surprise today. While I was driving to office I got a call, saying that I am XXX calling from Toyota Kirloskar, Customer Service Dept. Wanted to talk to you regarding your complaint after the recent service @ DSK Toyota. I explained him the whole story of the humming noise. He asked me how much I was charged for the bearing replacement job. On telling that I paid 6.5K and even then the issue is unresolved, he expressed his apologies and assured me that someone from the concerned dept. would call me and explain what can be done. Keeping fingers crossed. I sincerely hope this problem gets addressed without burning a big hole in my pocket.

What I appreciate though is the promptness shown by TKM in handling the customer service feedback. The customer exec calling me gave the reference of this thread on TBHP, which was a bit of surprise for me and a pleasant one for that matter. This kind of service mentality makes me feel it was worth going for a Toyota product. I wanted peace of mind and a very strong-robust after sales service, especially when going for a pre-worshipped car. I think I made the right choice by going for an Innova.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 17:15   #242
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
On telling that I paid 6.5K and even then the issue is unresolved, he expressed his apologies and assured me that someone from the concerned dept. would call me and explain what can be done. Keeping fingers crossed. I sincerely hope this problem gets addressed without burning a big hole in my pocket.
Just now received a call from DSK Toyota Asst Manager, Mr Sushil Pujari. He listened to my whole issue very patiently and assured that the issue will get resolved. Since I would need the car tomorrow for my office commute I have requested him to send someone to pick up the car on Saturday morning @ 08:00am from my residence. I have also requested to arrange for a loaner car so that even if my Innova remains at their workshop overnight, I may not be inconvenienced.

He shared one good point. Since the bearing is fitted in a housing which is attached to the chassis/body the noise/vibrations appear to be coming form the body and it is difficult to pin-point the exact source of noise. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed and hoping that this issue gets fixed permanently at least on the coming Saturday.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 21:23   #243
BHPian
 
Shanksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madras
Posts: 459
Thanked: 1,209 Times
Default

Sharing my FE figures for the past 7 refills. All done at the same bunk. What is the average FE you are getting from your respective Innovas ?

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-1438876351462.jpg
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-1438876370801.jpg

Observations:

* All the fill-ups were only till the auto cut-off.
* Driving in super peak traffic got the worst FE of 9.6xkmpl
* Driving on the Highways managed to get 11.88 and 11.75kmpl
* Driving in a mix of good and bad traffic the mileage varies between 10.14 - 10.7xkmpl
* The overall average FE for the past 7 fill ups is 10.72kmpl as shown by the app.

The AC is on 100% of the time in the car. Also if I have to wait for 5 -10 mins with dad in the car I don't turn off the engine as my dad needs the AC.

Last edited by Shanksta : 6th August 2015 at 21:31. Reason: Adding observations
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 21:34   #244
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Sharing my FE figures for the past 7 refills. All done at the same bunk. What is the average FE you are getting from your respective Innovas ?
Hi Shanksta, I am maintaining my car fuel log and the FE figures for last 15K kms can be seen in the graph below. My average FE for the last 27 tankfuls is coming to around 13.17 kmpl.

Worst FE - 11.86 kmpl
Best FE - 14.09 kmpl

Name:  Innova FE figures last 27 tankfuls.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  59.2 KB
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 21:39   #245
BHPian
 
Shanksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madras
Posts: 459
Thanked: 1,209 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hi Shanksta, I am maintaining my car fuel log and the FE figures for last 15K kms can be seen in the graph below. My average FE for the last 27 tankfuls is coming to around 13.17 kmpl.

Worst FE - 11.86 kmpl
Best FE - 14.09 kmpl
Super jealous looking at your FE figures!!

* Is your daily route relatively traffic free?
* What is your AC usage?
* What speeds do you upshift/downshift?

EDIT: I got 13.94KMPL once maintaing a steady 80-85kmph

Last edited by Shanksta : 6th August 2015 at 21:46.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 21:45   #246
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Super jealous looking at your FE figures!!

* Is your daily route relatively traffic free?
* What is your AC usage?
* What speeds do you upshift/downshift?
I knew it quite well my message will get backfired. Hence I was kinda prepared to respond back.

I must admit. I am a very sedate driver . I have been following the below mentioned driving habits for quite some time.

1. Don't accelerate unnecessarily.
2. Use brake sparingly (only when you want to stop, when u want to decelerate, shift down the gears instead of braking).
3. Drive in anticipation. Means if you are 200 mts from a red light assume that it will turn red by the time you cross it, hence take the foot off the accelerator pedal, instead of racing harshly. Also if there is a busy junction ahead, downshift & decelerate slowly instead of applying brakes at the last moment.
4. Another most important factor contributing largely to the increased mileage is restriction on top speed (rpm). I am limiting myself to 80 kmph max (which corresponds to 2000 rpm) on clear/ straight stretches of road. I try & stick to it as much as possible. Only once in a while take it to 90kmph.

Other two important factors (which others may not be so lucky to experience) are:
1. Office timing: I work in second shift (1:00pm to 10:00pm). So I leave the home at 11:30am & return back at 11:00pm. These are quite off-peak hours, which contributes greatly to the improved mileage (Others may not be that lucky).
2. Highway stretch: My daily one way commute of 30 kms involves almost 18kms of highway stretch (only 8 signals) with wide roads & scarce traffic, where I can maintain a constant speed of 75kms in top gear. The balance 14 kms has 12 signals with medium traffic to heavy traffic.

Hope now you won't be that jealous of me or are you still?

Edit: I guess I answered only first question of your above. Let me try to answer the next two:

* What is your AC usage?-----> AC used 100% of the time (I always drive with windows rolled-up
* What speeds do you upshift/downshift?----> Upshift in the range of 2000 - 2500 rpm and downshift if rpm falls under 1500 rpm

Last edited by AutoIndian : 6th August 2015 at 21:49.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 21:55   #247
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 660
Thanked: 785 Times
Default

I am averaging about 13.5-14.0 kmpl on daily runs nowadays.

All thanks to the new driver who doesn't push the car so much. 😎
dean5545 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 21:56   #248
BHPian
 
Shanksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madras
Posts: 459
Thanked: 1,209 Times
Smile Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I knew it quite well my message will get backfired. Hence I was kinda prepared to respond back.

I must admit. I am a very sedate driver . I have been following the below mentioned driving habits for quite some time.

1. Don't accelerate unnecessarily.
2. Use brake sparingly (only when you want to stop, when u want to decelerate, shift down the gears instead of braking).
3. Drive in anticipation. Means if you are 200 mts from a red light assume that it will turn red by the time you cross it, hence take the foot off the accelerator pedal, instead of racing harshly. Also if there is a busy junction ahead, downshift & decelerate slowly instead of applying brakes at the last moment.
4. Another most important factor contributing largely to the increased mileage is restriction on top speed (rpm). I am limiting myself to 80 kmph max (which corresponds to 2000 rpm) on clear/ straight stretches of road. I try & stick to it as much as possible. Only once in a while take it to 90kmph.

Other two important factors (which others may not be so lucky to experience) are:
1. Office timing: I work in second shift (1:00pm to 10:00pm). So I leave the home at 11:30am & return back at 11:00pm. These are quite off-peak hours, which contributes greatly to the improved mileage (Others may not be that lucky).
2. Highway stretch: My daily one way commute of 30 kms involves almost 18kms of highway stretch (only 8 signals) with wide roads & scarce traffic, where I can maintain a constant speed of 75kms in top gear. The balance 14 kms has 12 signals with medium traffic to heavy traffic.

Hope now you won't be that jealous of me or are you still?
Ok few points that are common,

* I also drive in anticipation and follow defensive driving.
* I use the brakes sparingly, proof being my stock brake shoes that have done 83k kms till now and front brake pads replaced only at 62k kms.
* I always upshift as early as possible.
My gear changing pattern:
10kmph - 2nd gear
25-30kmph - 3rd gear
45kmph - 4th gear
60kmph - 5th gear

Points that are not

* When I see the highway I get excited .( NOTE: not crazy speeds driving at high speeds is unsafe and illegal)
* I would love to cut down on my AC usage. But my location is Chennai, enough said.

P.S. Not jealous anymore!!

Last edited by Shanksta : 6th August 2015 at 21:59.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 22:06   #249
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Points that are not

* When I see the highway I get excited .( NOTE: not crazy speeds driving at high speeds is unsafe and illegal)
When I read that I literally fell off from my chair . I don't get so excited because my daily drive does include a part of old NH4 and some part of NH9

Quote:
P.S. Not jealous anymore!!
Thank you for that. To be honest, people who opt for Innova are least bothered about FE figures. If that was the priority then they better look out for Mobilio or Ertiga. Supreme comfort, fatigue free long distance traveling and go anywhere capabities, that is the reason why I opted for Innova. My Dad who is 73+ enjoys Innova the most. Seeing him enjoying my car is priceless. For any family trips he is the first one to jump into the Innova (literally).
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2015, 23:21   #250
BHPian
 
Shanksta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madras
Posts: 459
Thanked: 1,209 Times
Talking Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
When I read that I literally fell off from my chair . I don't get so excited because my daily drive does include a part of old NH4 and some part of NH9
I see the highways only once in 2-3months, I tend to miss them a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thank you for that. To be honest, people who opt for Innova are least bothered about FE figures. If that was the priority then they better look out for Mobilio or Ertiga. Supreme comfort, fatigue free long distance traveling and go anywhere capabities, that is the reason why I opted for Innova. My Dad who is 73+ enjoys Innova the most. Seeing him enjoying my car is priceless. For any family trips he is the first one to jump into the Innova (literally).
Yes, exactly what I keep telling people who keep complaining about the FE of the innova. It is a car meant for comfort over economy.

But the reason I posted my FE figures was to understand how much the variation is under different driving styles and conditions, nothing beyond that. Actually I am extremely happy with the economy. But you tend to forget all that once you start driving the car.

On a side note, my uncle recently bought a pre-owned 2005 Innova 2.0 G4. Man! that 2 liter petrol engine is a beast and drive-ability in the city was not bad and it pulled decently in the first two gears with 7 passengers on board. That is one heck of a sleeper MUV. I was super excited cause I got to drive a super rare version of the Innova. Best part was trying to convince the attendant at the Petrol pump to fill petrol, He kept saying," Sir idhu diesel vandi saar!! petrol pota kettu poidum saar!". Translation " Sir this is a diesel vehicle, if you fill petrol engine will get spoilt". It took 10 minutes to convince him to fill petrol.

Last edited by Shanksta : 6th August 2015 at 23:22.
Shanksta is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2015, 03:02   #251
BHPian
 
SHAHBAAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 131
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Good to see the messages growing healthier here. Thanks to all for sharing the averages of their workhorses. It is a fact that innova buyers do not own it because of the economy but only for its comfort seated on any corner of the vehicle.
Same is the case with me. But tracking averages also help us understand our vehicle. To compare with others is again a personal thing. But karne mein kya jaata hai.
Anyways, for my last fill up 3 days ago, I did 539.7kms before tanking up on shell gas station. It gulped 48.01ltrs to give an average of 11.24 kmpl.
All these kms were clocked in traffic conditions with 100℅ A/C in ON mode. In few instances I had my vehicle in idle (Deepak you may agree on this) to catch up either with friends or with family members.

Shanksta, driving a 2ltr innova is a very rare thing. I remember my uncle's innova which he used for couple of years(1.67K kms). It was one of the first lot petrol innova sold in india. We had lot of fun on N number of fill ups with the poor guys. They would argue that innova never came with a petrol engine. On one occasion during our trip to Ajmer and then to Delhi, the petrol pump owner was called upon by the men to confirm it. To convience them we said the engine was specially ordered for our liking.
But one day my uncle had shared his car to one of his close friend who wanted to go chennai. In route there was no problem but after reaching chennai the driver forgot to inform that it wasn't a diesel engined vehicle. Though we had two stickers mentioning PETROL, still the guy poured the crude into it. The unfortunate thing was that the driver used it for a km before the vehicle stalled. Later had to tow it to the service center in Chennai. With huge amount being paid, the car was delivered, but after that we had numerous occasions where the car was underperforming and finally my uncle let it go before purchasing an Honda Accord and Honda Civic.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2015, 23:25   #252
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Hi friends, it was a super busy Saturday today. I had the AGM of society and was tied up in its preparations whole day. However the first good thing that happened in the morning was that the DSK Toyota driver landed at my home in the morning @8am to pick up my car and hand over to me a black coloured Etios VD as a convenience car. This was really a very good gesture from the dealership and I must thank Mr Sushil Pujari for that.

I received the updates on the cars status throughout the day. I was told that the rear wheel bearing left side will have to be replaced, costing approx 4.5K. I gave the go ahead on the assurance that this will fix the issue. Later in the evening I got the call that there was no more humming noise now and the car would be sent for washing. I told fine and said that I will come to collect the car tomorrow morning @ 10 am.

Will keep you posted tomorrow about the happenings.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 12:50   #253
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I was told that the rear wheel bearing left side will have to be replaced, costing approx 4.5K. I gave the go ahead on the assurance that this will fix the issue. Later in the evening I got the call that there was no more humming noise now and the car would be sent for washing. I told fine and said that I will come to collect the car tomorrow morning @ 10 am.

Will keep you posted tomorrow about the happenings.
Just now I came back home after taking the delivery of my car. Vow, the issue of humming noise has gone as if it never existed. The car feels silky smooth at speeds of 80-90 kmph. Hats off to the team of Mr Dipak Thote (my Service Advisor), Mr Sushil Pujari (Asst Manager) and all the technicians involved in resolving this issue. They paid personal attention to my car and ensured that I was completely satisfied with the work. Mr Sushil and his technician accompanied me for an extensive trial run (@ 10 kms) and ensured that I was satisfied.

After the test drive one Mr Kshitij came to me and got a form filled by me ensuring that work was done to my satisfaction. Also Ms Ekta came over and confirmed with that my issue was addressed in totality. To be honest I was overwhelmed by the customer service provided at DSK Toyota. Whenever I give my car there for service I will rest assured that my car is in safe hands.

I cleared the invoice of Rs 4.5K, pressed the bell (satisfaction of 10/10), heard a round of applause from all employees, shook the hands with Mr. Dipak and Mr Sushil and drove back home. One question I forgot to ask and immediately called Mr Dipak, Query was if I need to get the wheel alignment done, now that rear bearing was replaced and the answer was "NO".

I am sure the issue has been resolved 99.99%. I will observe the car over the next one month period. Only after that I can confirm 100% issue resolution.

Some snaps that I would like to share.

The Black Mule (if I may) - Convenience car Etios VD
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-black-mule-if-i-may-convinience-car-etios-vd.jpg

And the Black Workhorse in posing its stable
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-black-workhorse-posing-its-stable.jpg

The "DSK TOYOTA" chrome emblem fixed on my car as a goodwill gesture
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsk-toyota-chrome-emblem-fixed-my-car-goodwill-gesture.jpg

Another view of The DSK TOYOTA chrome emblem
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-another-view-dsk-toyota-chrome-emblem.jpg

Side view of the gleaming Black Workshore
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-side-view-gleaming-black-workshore.jpg

The bearing rotor and circlip that were replaced
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bearing-rotor-circlip-were-replaced.jpg

The Invoice with part and labor charges

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-invoice-part-labor-charges.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 21:32   #254
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Banglore
Posts: 321
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Good to see the information sharing in this thread. Thanks @AutoIndian and others.
I am driving 2011 January model Innova G4, now odo reading at 47500km. Bought from my friend(He was moving to US) at 2013 November and the odo reading was at 26000km.

Please find Mileage and Rs/km chart from last 20 months. All the upper spikes are highway drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-mileage.jpg  

kavu75 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2015, 22:47   #255
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,120
Thanked: 3,817 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Good to see the information sharing in this thread. Thanks @AutoIndian and others.
My pleasure kavu75 .

Quote:
am driving 2011 January model Innova G4, now odo reading at 47500km. Bought from my friend(He was moving to US) at 2013 November and the odo reading was at 26000km.
Gr8 and welcome to the club of pre-worshipped Innovas. You got almost a pristine Innova. Could you please share with us more details, how much did you offer and how did you come to know about this offering?

Quote:
Please find Mileage and Rs/km chart from last 20 months. All the upper spikes are highway drive.
Your chart matches almost with that of mine . Do share with us more about your experience with the Innova till date.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our family workhorse: Pre-owned Maruti WagonR asit.kulkarni93 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 16th October 2015 21:17
My 1st ever Toyota - A pre-worshipped Corolla H2 crazyleediamond Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 22nd May 2015 20:13
Frankmehta's workhorse : Black Maruti Swift ZDi. EDIT, now with RD Box frankmehta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 7th January 2014 17:58
Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to another carfreak Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 18th January 2012 18:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks