Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2014, 15:13   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,119
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Congratulations AutoIndian! Just saw this thread, hence late in complimenting your Innova which surely looks dashing beauty. Wish you miles and miles of comfortable driving.

I'm in dilemma over installing side-boards in my innova. But since you mentioned that these are within width of side-mirrors, i'm again thinking about them. Only issue is how much ground clearance is reduced.
Thank you for your wishes and compliments DwarkaDelhiWala. "Better late than never"

The side foot steps apparently seem to lower the GC and protrude beyond the car's overall width. But believe me this is not so really. It seems the foot step manufacturer has put in a lot of thought process and considered the Innova's design/ dimensions and the Indian road conditions. I have crossed some huge humps, but the side steps have not scrapped (touchwood). However the litmus test would be when the car is fully loaded, 6-7 passengers. I will have to tread very carefully over the humps or potholes.

If time permits, I will take some pictures of the side steps from side view and from grounds up to give you an idea about the lateral protrusion and GC. Believe me the side steps are a boon to the elderly. My Dad who is 73+ and my granny who is 85+ are more than happy to jump into my Innova with the support of these steps
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 15:21   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 143
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
......Believe me the side steps are a boon to the elderly. My Dad who is 73+ and my granny who is 85+ are more than happy to jump into my Innova with the support of these steps
Yes, i will agree with that. Side steps also help in cleaning top and adjusting the luggage on carrier. I'll wait for your feedback. Meanwhile had one of these in mind...http://www.ctrack.in/portfolio/innova-side-guards/

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 26th December 2014 at 15:22.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 15:50   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,119
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Yes, i will agree with that. Side steps also help in cleaning top and adjusting the luggage on carrier. I'll wait for your feedback. Meanwhile had one of these in mind...http://www.ctrack.in/portfolio/innova-side-guards/
This one also looks good. What are the prices for the various versions listed there?

The one which I fitted is from mtekengineers, which is a Pune based company. I fitted the variant ULTIMA - MK2394. Price Rs 5,800/- including fitting charges.

Below is the URL for the variant that I fitted. I have also atatched below the brochure of mtekengineers, which lists down the various products that they manufacture.

http://www.mtekengineers.co.in/side-step.html#side-step

m-tek-engineers.pdf
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 16:06   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
. My Indica had completed 5.5 years


Duster:
Ford Ecosport:
XUV:
Innova:
Ertiga:
Nice detailed writeup. What a co incidence ? !! . We had an Indica V2 DLS that served us for a good 6 years and had clocked 2.5L Kms. We were looking for good replacement, the above mentioned cars were in my list too. Although my dad liked verna for the looks , we decided against it due to poor ground clearance (compared to Innova) and comfort came nowhere close to Innova. Ertiga was just launched and the third row did not impress us. Mobilio was not yet launched . My dad drove my uncle's innova from Bangalore to Ahmadabad and was truly impressed with the behavior.

Recently I had tanked up shell diesel and had been for a long drive, the car returned a decent 13.5 KMPL with AC on all the time and speeds between 100 and 120KMPH.

I noticed a carrier on the roof , how far do you use it ? I decided not to opt for a roof carrier since it gives and image of a taxi.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 17:49   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,119
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Nice detailed writeup. What a co incidence ? !! . We had an Indica V2 DLS that served us for a good 6 years and had clocked 2.5L Kms. We were looking for good replacement, the above mentioned cars were in my list too. Although my dad liked verna for the looks , we decided against it due to poor ground clearance (compared to Innova) and comfort came nowhere close to Innova. Ertiga was just launched and the third row did not impress us. Mobilio was not yet launched . My dad drove my uncle's innova from Bangalore to Ahmadabad and was truly impressed with the behavior.
Thank you for your compliments girimajiananth. Very true, when it comes to long distance comfort nothing comes close to the Innova

Quote:
Recently I had tanked up shell diesel and had been for a long drive, the car returned a decent 13.5 KMPL with AC on all the time and speeds between 100 and 120KMPH.
That is a very good mileage. Nowadays I am getting that kind of mileage for my daily office commutes. Will come to know the highway mileage over the next weekend.

Quote:
I noticed a carrier on the roof , how far do you use it ? I decided not to opt for a roof carrier since it gives and image of a taxi.
Well, to be honest I have not used it even once in the last one and a half month of ownership. This is due to the simple reason that I have not ventured even on a single long highway trip with my family as of yet. This roof carrier has come in legacy from its previous owner. Not to offend you, but I am a person who is least bothered about image or status. I have owned and driven an Indica for the last 10.5 years. This is the car with the highest so called "taxi image". I would have disposed it off long back if I was so concerned. I like cars which are high on functionality and practicality rather than on aesthetics. The roof carrier would serve me well for those odd days when the cabin is full and I cannot stuff in more. So long as the roof carrier is not increasing the drag on the car, I will continue to sport it, irrespective of what image it creates.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 17:59   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 509
Thanked: 381 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Will come to know the highway mileage over the next weekend.
Not to offend you.
No offence taken sir, I wanted to know the effects of having a carrier on top . I am more or less like you when it comes to image of the car. I am happy as long as the car the easy to maintain and serves my purpose. I have heard from a few Innova drivers that the FE can be as high as 16-17Kmpl if driven constantly between 80-100kmph. Do let us know what is the best FE you get. I am quite curious to know
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 18:53   #52
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,313 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I noticed a carrier on the roof , how far do you use it ? I decided not to opt for a roof carrier since it gives and image of a taxi.
Roof carriers are an understated boon for any UV owner. It helps when you have the car full of passengers + luggage that wouldn't fit in that boot with all seats up. So instead of doing two trips (1 for shifting luggage and 1 for people carrying) the car equipped with a carrier will do the shifting in 1 go.

I have seen quite a few Santro, WagonR, Swift owners getting roof carriers installed. Used to wonder why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Not to offend you, but I am a person who is least bothered about image or status.
With the Innova in hands I'd feel like a king on the road rather than a taxi! If and when I come across a yellow plate Innova, I smile at them. Just for that car!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 20:07   #53
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
but I am a person who is least bothered about image or status.
Hats off AutoIndian! Congrats and wish you happy million miles! Nicely written and completed all four pages in one sitting
VSRK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 21:51   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,119
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I have heard from a few Innova drivers that the FE can be as high as 16-17Kmpl if driven constantly between 80-100kmph. Do let us know what is the best FE you get. I am quite curious to know
True, if driven sedately it can extract that kind of FE. Will surely let you know the FE that I will be clocking on the highway trip planned next week. My target is 15+, lets see, if the roads and traffic permit that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Roof carriers are an understated boon for any UV owner. It helps when you have the car full of passengers + luggage that wouldn't fit in that boot with all seats up. So instead of doing two trips (1 for shifting luggage and 1 for people carrying) the car equipped with a carrier will do the shifting in 1 go.
You are spot on . You never know when the roof carrier will come to your rescue when you have those additional bags.

Quote:
I have seen quite a few Santro, WagonR, Swift owners getting roof carriers installed. Used to wonder why!
Even I used to feel odd to see a roof carrier on a hatch, but then if the car owner finds it useful, then who are we to dismiss it.

Quote:
With the Innova in hands I'd feel like a king on the road rather than a taxi! If and when I come across a yellow plate Innova, I smile at them. Just for that car!

Anurag.
Indeed. I have experienced two wheelers and autos giving way to Innova, they don't mess with an Innova as they would with a hatch. Though I don't take undue advantage of this and bully them, but then the high-up seating and supreme comfort do give you a feeling that you are sitting on a throne like a "King" with other road users as your "Darbar".

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSRK View Post
Hats off AutoIndian! Congrats and wish you happy million miles! Nicely written and completed all four pages in one sitting
Thank you VSRK for your compliments.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 22:28   #55
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,313 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

but then the high-up seating and supreme comfort do give you a feeling that you are sitting on a throne like a "King" with other road users as your "Darbar".
The only thing I hate in the Innova is the RTC-like shading gear lever that pose long throws which dilutes the fun.

Rest all perfect.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 08:37   #56
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 143
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
..... Not to offend you, but I am a person who is least bothered about image or status. I have owned and driven an Indica for the last 10.5 years. This is the car with the highest so called "taxi image". I would have disposed it off long back if I was so concerned. I like cars which are high on functionality and practicality rather than on aesthetics. The roof carrier would serve me well for those odd days when the cabin is full and I cannot stuff in more. So long as the roof carrier is not increasing the drag on the car, I will continue to sport it, irrespective of what image it creates....


Being myself quintessential holidays traveler to Himalayas since childhood, i loved the sight of a Ambassadors/Padminis with loaded roof carrier and full load of passengers lumbering on the curvy roads....Just the thought of families spending holidays together brought joy. Whether they were taxis or privately owned vehicles hardly mattered.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2014, 08:57   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,119
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post


Being myself quintessential holidays traveler to Himalayas since childhood, i loved the sight of a Ambassadors/Padminis with loaded roof carrier and full load of passengers lumbering on the curvy roads....Just the thought of families spending holidays together brought joy. Whether they were taxis or privately owned vehicles hardly mattered.
That is precisely the reason why I went for the Innova and not the Ertiga, Mobilio or even the XUV. I wanted a UV with maximum space to accommodate as many people as possible. The lifeless objects like luggage can better be placed outside the cabin (preferably on roof top carrier) making way for people inside the cabin. The joy of travelling with your family or extended family is priceless.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 13:06   #58
BHPian
 
KedarB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 49
Thanked: 76 Times
Smile Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

A little late to the party, but still, let me congratulate you on your awesome pre-worshipped Innova! And wishing you many trouble free KMs!

I have been following your posts and car search for quite some time, starting from the Mobilio thread (the prelaunch thread). I also wanted a 7 seater and had made up my mind about the Mobilio. But as the Thailand launch happened and pics started coming in, I started getting disappointed. The price announcement was the final nail in the coffin. I booked and bought an Ertiga VDi immediately after the price announcement and before the launch.

I was also impressed by the Innova. I did a Kanyakumari trip in my friend's Innova, from Pune, with 6 adults and 2 kids onboard. When you spend that kind of time in a car for that long you either like her a lot or you can see all the minute issues. We were all impressed with what the car is capable of.

I would any day pick the Innova but the new car is prohibitively expensive. And not everyone is as lucky as you to get a preowned example, with such low mileage on it, at such a reasonable price! Congratulations once again!

Last edited by KedarB : 28th December 2014 at 13:07. Reason: spelling mistake
KedarB is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 18:34   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,119
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KedarB View Post
A little late to the party, but still, let me congratulate you on your awesome pre-worshipped Innova! And wishing you many trouble free KMs!
Better late than never and thank you very much for your wishes.

Quote:
I have been following your posts and car search for quite some time, starting from the Mobilio thread (the prelaunch thread). I also wanted a 7 seater and had made up my mind about the Mobilio. But as the Thailand launch happened and pics started coming in, I started getting disappointed. The price announcement was the final nail in the coffin. I booked and bought an Ertiga VDi immediately after the price announcement and before the launch.
True Mobilio was a big disappointment, both from build/ interiors and pricing perspective.

Quote:
I was also impressed by the Innova. I did a Kanyakumari trip in my friend's Innova, from Pune, with 6 adults and 2 kids onboard. When you spend that kind of time in a car for that long you either like her a lot or you can see all the minute issues. We were all impressed with what the car is capable of.
Congratulations on completing a successful long trip in the ever dependable Innova. I simply love such long trips, and that is the reason I opted for the Innova. Have you put up a travelogue? If yes please share the link over here or send it to me in a private message.

Quote:
I would any day pick the Innova but the new car is prohibitively expensive. And not everyone is as lucky as you to get a preowned example, with such low mileage on it, at such a reasonable price! Congratulations once again!
Indeed I consider myself very very lucky. However it was 90% perspiration and 10% luck. The hunt for a preworshipped Innova stretched over 10 long months and finally this piece landed in my hands. The final negotiated was an icing on the cake.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2014, 20:39   #60
BHPian
 
KedarB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 49
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations on completing a successful long trip in the ever dependable Innova. I simply love such long trips, and that is the reason I opted for the Innova. Have you put up a travelogue? If yes please share the link over here or send it to me in a private message.
Yes this trip was particularly special. Me and my friend were on a Kerala trip with our parents, just out of 12th, and came across an MH registered Honda City in the Munnar Ghats. That's when we decided to take this trip when we have our own car. The plan had a Honda City, but when it finally happened, it was to be in an Innova. We planned every route, and hotel together, and everything was pre-booked and pre-planned. Some stretches took longer than what we predicted, but thankfully, nothing went wrong. I wasn't a Team BHP member then (only had read only access ) so didn't publish a travelogue anywhere. I still haven't managed to publish my initial ownership review for the Ertiga, and that's on priority now. But will definitely try and publish a travelogue. Hoping I still have all the details somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Indeed I consider myself very very lucky. However it was 90% perspiration and 10% luck. The hunt for a preworshipped Innova stretched over 10 long months and finally this piece landed in my hands. The final negotiated was an icing on the cake.
Completely agreed. I am aware that you have been searching for your ideal car for a very long time. I am glad you found it!
KedarB is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Our family workhorse: Pre-owned Maruti WagonR asit.kulkarni93 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 16th October 2015 21:17
My 1st ever Toyota - A pre-worshipped Corolla H2 crazyleediamond Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 22nd May 2015 20:13
Frankmehta's workhorse : Black Maruti Swift ZDi. EDIT, now with RD Box frankmehta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 70 7th January 2014 17:58
Bought a Pre-worshipped, Pre-team bhped Cedia-My journey from one Sport to another carfreak Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 50 18th January 2012 18:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks