Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th January 2015, 16:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
Congratulations on your buy , may it give you more smiles per miles. Am planning to pick a hatch when i get back to India, the punto and polo are the ones that i have zoomed down to , will finalise after a TD of the GT Tdi / Avventura. I hope they put the Tjet in there by then.
Thanks for the ownership report. It was quite detailed and honest and has been of great help to me.
One query: I had read that the service intervals were supposed to be yearly.
Will be looking forward to more updates from you.
regards.
Thanks Bluebird. I hope you can make a wise choice when you are ready to buy a new car.
The service intervals(from date of purchase) as per Avventura manual are as below :
  • 1st Free Service : 5000kms or 6 Months
  • 2nd Free Service : 15000kms or 12 Months
  • 3rd Free Service : 30000kms or 24 Months
This is followed by Paid Service every 12 months. I see this as a good pattern of servicing for Avventura considering mine is a diesel variant.
I will be anyway posting all my experiences with servicing and other maintenance activity.
hillram is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 11:39   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Honest review hillram.
Can we have a photo of your Italian Wasp and the Italian Adventure together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Servicing Pattern
- Every 3000km or 6months which ever occurs earlier.
- Standard replacement of Fuel ,Oil,AC filters once annually
- Change of Engine oil every 5000km, since semi synthetic (Petronas
Selenia) is supplied for Avventura.
Are you sure about this?
The one at 3000Kms is not a service at all but a mere inspection.
There is no service for every 3000Kms. it is for 15000Kms
And Engine Oil also needs a change only at a 15000Kms interval.
See this screen shot form the manual (it is from the grande punto, but it hasn't changed for evo/avventura)
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-tbhp.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 15:03   #18
BHPian

regarding the spare wheel idiocy; maybe they didn't want the vehicle to be looked at as a nice complete cross-over. So let's complicate it. We increased the weight and still had the 90hp 1.3MJD. What else can we do? Let's reinvent the spare wheel so those customers who forgive the above shortcomings also run away
rav11stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 15:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With the permanent registration done (my first Telangana registered car !!), this morning i gave myself a 2 hour Sonax Wax polish treatment to my Avventura. At the end, the result was good with a rich shine. I took the Avventura for a smooth ride around the lake to get some candid shots.
Notice the subtle promotion for next James Bond film on my Avventura,which will feature Fiat 500s driven around in Italy by none other than Daniel Craig. .
Congrats on your Avventura!

How come you do not have any TBHP sticker on your car?
sourabhzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 15:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Hillram. The car has just too many stickers The 'FIAT for 007' is cheeky

Offtopic Query: Why does the Telangana State Plate have 'EB'? Isn't 'A' or 'AA' the norm? As it is, Indian Cars have Numbers that have crossed 10 digits/alphabets.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 16:29   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. Must say your choice of colour is great! It goes perfectly with the nature of the Avventura.
Quick question: What changes have you observed in the behaviour of the car after filling nitrogen in the tires?(I have seen advertisements,yes,but are they as reliable as a BHPian's information?)
Wish you every success on your Italian Adventure.
Turbo_asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 16:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all your wishes.
Team BHP sticker is very much there. How can i miss it ?
The servicing pattern is from the Avventura manual and it is different from Punto Evo as confirmed by Fiat Service centre.
I have no clue of the number plate system as i merely submitted all my documents at the Regional Transport Authority and they alloted a number randomly.I did not choose any specific number or alphabet series. Little did i realize that the digits add to "13"
The tyre grip is better when filled with nitrogen as the molecules are larger and packed better to give stability to the car, especially when driving at higher speeds.

Last edited by hillram : 5th January 2015 at 16:39.
hillram is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 16:41   #23
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations on your new acquisition, Hillram. The car looks very attractive in this orange colour. Nice of Fiat to offer you a discount and goodies.
I agree with you about the boot opening action. It is rather inconvenient and could turn out to be a real pain in the neck if it is raining heavily.
Fiat's dealers really need to go an extra mile if they are serious about drawing more customers. Good for you that the service guys are competent.
Wish you many years of happy motoring.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 17:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition, Hillram. The car looks very attractive in this orange colour. Nice of Fiat to offer you a discount and goodies.
I agree with you about the boot opening action. It is rather inconvenient and could turn out to be a real pain in the neck if it is raining heavily.
Fiat's dealers really need to go an extra mile if they are serious about drawing more customers. Good for you that the service guys are competent.
Wish you many years of happy motoring.
Thanks Aditya. Another shade in Avventura which is a head turner is Exotica Red. This is the typical german red, but a non-metallic shade and infact costs about 6k less !!!!
hillram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 17:19   #25
BHPian

Many congrats Hillram and Wish you many many years of Happy Mile Crunching with your Avventura!
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 18:47   #26
BHPian

Congrats Hillram bhai! It's a beautiful car!

One question intrigues me: you are not a newbie when it comes to cars. Why did you buy a base version without any safety features?
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2015, 18:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Congrats Hillram bhai! It's a beautiful car!

One question intrigues me: you are not a newbie when it comes to cars. Why did you buy a base version without any safety features?
Thanks.
This also goes into my collection of cars, which means i will use to along with other cars to keep all of them moving.I will drive Avventura weekly once to office and probably over the weekends for short city outings. Hence I did not feel like spending too much money. This year i plan to add Linea to my Fiat collection and a Royal Enfield to my motorcycle collection, hence have to keep my funds in check and reserves.
Old 6th January 2015, 09:07   #28
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure

Hillram,

Heartiest congratulations on bringing home the Avvy. The car does have a good road presence, pity we still don't see them in great numbers though. You should have squeezed in the rear parking sensors too from the dealer/Fiat for the agony you had to go through. The spare tyre set up is the achilles heel for the Avventura, going forward there will be lot more groans from the Avventura owners in this regards.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

PS: Mind sharing the design issue with the 1.4L as mentioned by dealer/Fiat.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 09:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Offtopic Query: Why does the Telangana State Plate have 'EB'? Isn't 'A' or 'AA' the norm? As it is, Indian Cars have Numbers that have crossed 10 digits/alphabets.
Quote:
I have no clue of the number plate system as i merely submitted all my documents at the Regional Transport Authority and they alloted a number randomly.I did not choose any specific number or alphabet series. Little did i realize that the digits add to "13"
For those of you who do not know the logic behind the series starting with EA, EB etc series, here is the reason. In the undivided state of Andhra Pradesh the series that was being used just before the bifurcation was DW. If all the already registered vehicles were to re-register to TS, the series would be as follows: Eg: AP09BH1234 will become TS09BH1234.

Inorder to avoid conflict with the registration number series, the TS government has notified the RTO's to start registration for new vehicles with EA series. I hope I clarified most of the doubts, though a bit . Sorry for that.
JoseVijay is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 10:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hillram,

Heartiest congratulations on bringing home the Avvy. The car does have a good road presence, pity we still don't see them in great numbers though. You should have squeezed in the rear parking sensors too from the dealer/Fiat for the agony you had to go through. The spare tyre set up is the achilles heel for the Avventura, going forward there will be lot more groans from the Avventura owners in this regards.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.

PS: Mind sharing the design issue with the 1.4L as mentioned by dealer/Fiat.
Thanks. I got a good deal in the end and I did not want to push too much my way. Everyone makes mistakes and so did Fiat India !!
With respect to the issue with Petrol Avventura is that the issue has been taken to the drawing board and Fiat India is working on it and it will easily take 1-2 months to resolve.

Last edited by hillram : 6th January 2015 at 10:46.