Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd August 2015, 16:26   #61
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Fiat Avventura stands tall among my 7 Fiats, but not bigger than the legacy of Fiat.
Thats quite a collection you have there. How about adding the Punto and Linea to the list?

I am sure Fiat India can take a cue from you when it comes to passionate Fiat owners.
ghodlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2015, 14:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure

1st Year 15000km Service:
Last week my Avventura celebrated its 1st birthday, which meant a Annual Service was due.
I fixed up a schedule and took my Avventura to the SVC, where i was explained the 1st Service procedure.
It took about 4 hours to complete the service and I got a call from the Service Manager to come and pick up my Avventura.
The following parts and consumables were replaced and charged to me:
1.Engine Oil (3.3 Litres) Petronas Synthetic Oil : 2130.00
2.Furl Filter : 2162.00
3.Oil Filter : 432.00
4.AC Filter Element : 431.00
5.Air Filter : 221.00
6.Windshield Liquid Washer : 72.00
7.Distlled Water : 20.00
8. Consumables : 30.00
9. Wheel Alignment and Balancing : 902.00
10. VAT + Service Tax : 772.00

Total Service Cost : 7172.00
A thorough Wash and interior cleaning, dashboard polish was done impeccably by Fiat SVC, which showed out the gleaming side of the car.

Additionally lot of new rubber foams,buffers,screws and washers were replaced in the tailgate and sparewheel under warranty, to eliminate lot of vibrations and rattling sound,while in motion.They seem effective as of now.
Like for any diesel vehicle, the maintenance cost for Avventura is reasonably high and since it is a warranty oriented service, even though I had just clocked 3900km, I had to go through all mandatory replacements.
I took the Avventura for a nice stretch on ORR and it is smooth as a sail !!
Some parting shots of my gleaming Adventure !!
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-1.jpg
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-3.jpg
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-2.jpg
hillram is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2016, 11:25   #63
BHPian

Dear Hillram ,your avventura looks quite flamboyant in orange avtar .I too have booked fiat avventura mjd emotion though i have gone for more subdued color bronzo tan.I am hoping to get the delivery in a fortnight or so.As a current owner of fiat punto mjd 2010 model ,i knew beforehand what to expect from the another member from fiat family.Moreover ,once a fiatian always a fiatian .On serious note ,there is no car as compared to current breeds of fiat in terms of ride ,handling and last but most importantly the overall build in the its price bracket.
happy mile crunching
regards
praveen singh
blueblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 12:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

A very strange incident happened to my Avventura..Just when I drove back home from office, there was a strange light popped up on the speedo
Fiat Avventura: A New Italian Adventure-index2.jpg
Quickly I checked the manual and this warning light did not figure amywhere as an indication to a malfunction.
I called the Fiat SVC, who sent a technician with a scanner. Upon connecting and checking all the parameters, there showed an error in some communication, which the technician never understood.
I googled and googled and finally the warning light pertains to Power Steering Malfuction or Low Power Steering oil.
Fiat SVC have promised to resolve this..Lets see what is in store
hillram is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote