Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2015, 17:07   #16
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,263
Thanked: 8,059 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Congrats on the CIAZ. Nice detailed review. Wish you all the best with the car. I was following a Ciaz for a long time today and liked it better than the City. Liked the fact that the Ciaz has a AVN system. I believe it is a good feature and hopefully we will see all manufacturers offering a variant with an OEM unit.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 19:29   #17
BHPian
 
petrolhead_neel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Burdwan
Posts: 627
Thanked: 1,039 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Congrats on buying the Ciaz. So from a quick, peppy li'l hatch to a proper, comfortable, well engineered, extremely convenient sedan, thar too from the same stable. Nice decision made I must say. The VFM factor just cannot get any better. Would love to hear some more about the driving experience.
One thing was very strange though. The sport pedal pack did not have one for the gas pedal? What were the guys at MS thinking?
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 19:46   #18
BHPian
 
joe_antony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 81
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Great Congrats Buddy, the much awaited owner's thread on this useful car is finally here. Please do keep this thread going with updates, findings, experiences etc. I am one of those guys who would just stick with MSIL for the sales, service experience they are giving for the past 10 years with my 2005 Wagon-R Vxi. So the obvious upgrade for me is to go to the Ciaz and hence would love to hear a lot from you, keep them coming buddy.
joe_antony is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 19:51   #19
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Congrats on the "dignified" dignity brown Ciaz...!

I understand these are very early days and hence you may not have performance reviews but anything would be really beneficial for people like me to get first-hand view of on-road performance.

Also do post some more pics for us to enjoy - maybe sunlight photos gleaming off the brown color?
Thanks Josh. I think I will go sane till 2000 km on the odo and then start exploring it across the higher RPMs. I have been driving within the city and till now, I have not missed this being a 1.6. Surprisingly. I will surely post on the performance in detail over the time.

The color actually looks really good with the metallic elements shining with the lights on it. Let me see if I can capture it well in one of the recent weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Congratulations on being an owner of the most VFM car, currently in this segment. I guess you have the first ownership report, though many owners here.

Enjoy your ride, update this thread as needed and Drive Safe.
Thank you volkman !! VFM is what Suzuki does well. In this segment, thankfully they have not compromised as much on quality. This thread will be my reference book and hence will keep updating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Excellent write up Abhishek. Many many Congratulations for your new Ciaz. Somebody who has booked a car and waiting for delivery will be able to relate to your post really nicely. Do keep the thread updated. Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Thanks Carpainter. I started the thread right from the day I booked it to the day of delivery and you are right, people who have booked and have been waiting for delivery can live through it. Any progress and I loved capturing it in here. Will continue to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Congratulations on your new born (). I think it is the first CIAZ thread that has come out through the right channel. All the best. Keep revving and drive safe. Would love to see more pictures of the HU in action if your time permits.

It sure was a very wise move to keep the previous car for 7+ years. The thread is beautifully named too.
Thank you Seran. I sure will put detailed pictures when I get some proper time. This one hopefully lives a 8+ year as well !

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Congratulations on the CIAZ.
Wish you many happy miles.

Keep more photos and updates coming. Will be keenly watching this thread.
I had done a short TD over last weekend.
And frankly, for my requirements compared to City, found this one to be a better fit. Except for Cruise Control on City "V", I don't lose on anything else on CIAZ Zxi+ and I spend about 1.5L less.
Thank you advait !! City is a good car too but it's like Suzuki went one notch up with the Ciaz and City went one notch down and now there are almost there together. When it comes to long term ownership, I think Ciaz will go well in the VFM factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
Beautiful car and a great color selection abhishek
Its certainly a value for money car. Do post some photos of the Navigation system when turned on and the projector headlamps look amazing. Did you also consider the honda city?
Enjoy your new ride
Thank you nischal. I sure did consider the City. City is a great car too but the presales experience was something that was a rude shock to me coming from the Suzuki experience. After the whole experience with Surakshaa, my dealer, I was glad I stuck to Suzuki.

I will post more detailed pictures of various elements sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Congrats on the CIAZ. Nice detailed review. Wish you all the best with the car. I was following a Ciaz for a long time today and liked it better than the City. Liked the fact that the Ciaz has a AVN system. I believe it is a good feature and hopefully we will see all manufacturers offering a variant with an OEM unit.
Thanks Rajeev. Ciaz does not feel like a Maruti. It's an achievement for them already when people are comparing them with a Honda, leave aside liking it more or less. If one can overlook the pre-notion of the badge, Ciaz will do well.
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 20:49   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 156
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Thanks for taking the time out to write such a detailed review. Few questions assuming these have not been asked already (I shamelessly admit I did not go through every post in this thread)
1. How much did the paint sealant, underbody coating and mats cost
2. Did you have any no claim bonus on your swift insurance and if yes, were you able to get it transferred to the new cars' policy
3. How is the power/pickup when compared to your swift which I assume was the one with the 1.3L engine

Wishing you good luck with the new car
isiv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 21:02   #21
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Thanks for taking the time out to write such a detailed review. Few questions assuming these have not been asked already (I shamelessly admit I did not go through every post in this thread)
1. How much did the paint sealant, underbody coating and mats cost
2. Did you have any no claim bonus on your swift insurance and if yes, were you able to get it transferred to the new cars' policy
3. How is the power/pickup when compared to your swift which I assume was the one with the 1.3L engine

Wishing you good luck with the new car
You are welcome isiv.

1. Here is the cost breakup and they cannot give a rupee discount as they say it's something which cannot be modified etc.

Paint Sealant : 5000/-
Underbody Coating : 4500/-
Mats : 6500/-

2. It was possible as Royal Sundaram accepted it and said there was no issues in it although I realized I had bought the Swift in my wife's name making this car literally my first car. The owner of two cars have to be same and you have to do it before the insurance gets transferred to the new owner.

3. At this moment I feel the Swift was peppier but when I think of it, the Swift used to see the 4-6k RPMs as well at times but this one is barely seeing 2K RPMs. Will be able to truly judge it after 2000 km on the odo
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 22:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,265
Thanked: 5,003 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Congrats on the Ciaz. Guess this is the first ownership review of it in this forum. Wish you a safe, long lasting and reliable miles with the car. Compared to the test cars of the initial batch, I am interested in seeing the upholstery. The test cars had upholstery that looked more like a last minute add on in terms of fit and finish(no doubt about quality). So can you please share some more pictures? One thing about the K series is, its revv happy. So sacrificing some kmpl will give a rather decent grin on the face. It is the low end that the engine falls behind in. On the boil its great fun!

This young kid, my friend, is a born petrolhead

Name:  1331796d1422010698comfortintelligenceattitudezealmaruticiazzxiownershipimg_20150123_142854.jpg
Views: 16264
Size:  161.5 KB

Great father-son combo!

Last edited by audioholic : 6th February 2015 at 22:59.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 23:17   #23
BHPian
 
justwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 320
Thanked: 200 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Many Congratulations Abhishek for the new buy. It's great that good products like Swift and Ciaz make customers stick to a particular brand for long. Your Swift was surely neatly maintained.
Coming to Ciaz, a nice choice of color, it looks stunning in that brown. I seriously feel Ciaz has a design language that will suit the eyes many years down the lane also. No big fuss, just plain functional design that ages well.
Wish you many miles in the new CIAZ and will look forward to your experiences with your car.
OT: The pic with your son inspecting the car during PDI is very cute. He loves his toys for sure.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 23:36   #24
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Congrats on buying the Ciaz... Would love to hear some more about the driving experience.

One thing was very strange though. The sport pedal pack did not have one for the gas pedal? What were the guys at MS thinking?
Thanks neel. I was confused myself when I saw that but I lived with it knowing that's what was there in the package. For a fraction I almost felt this was for the automatic and then realized, where is the accelerator even if it is an automatic !! Crazy me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_antony View Post
Great Congrats Buddy, the much awaited owner's thread on this useful car is finally here. Please do keep this thread going with updates, findings, experiences etc. I am one of those guys who would just stick with MSIL for the sales, service experience they are giving for the past 10 years with my 2005 Wagon-R Vxi. So the obvious upgrade for me is to go to the Ciaz and hence would love to hear a lot from you, keep them coming buddy.
Thanks Joe. 10 years. Wow. bphians sure keep their cars going for a long time ! I could have done many more miles with the Swift but I don't know what but something prompted me for an upgrade. I don't regret though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Congrats on the Ciaz... Compared to the test cars of the initial batch, I am interested in seeing the upholstery... One thing about the K series is, its revv happy. So sacrificing some kmpl will give a rather decent grin on the face. It is the low end that the engine falls behind in. On the boil its great fun!

This young kid, my friend, is a born petrolhead

Attachment 1337455

Great father-son combo!
Thank you. The upholstery is a tight fit now and feels quite premium. I will try to get some good pictures soon. I have always been on the G-Series hence I never got to experience the K-Series. Rev Happy, sounds good !

My kid is turning 5 this month and he true is into cars. I am living my dream childhood through him. He inspected the car in and out as soon as he understood PDI in his own way. It was indeed fun to watch him go all around checking for defects in his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Many Congratulations Abhishek for the new buy. It's great that good products like Swift and Ciaz make customers stick to a particular brand for long. Your Swift was surely neatly maintained.
Coming to Ciaz, a nice choice of color, it looks stunning in that brown. I seriously feel Ciaz has a design language that will suit the eyes many years down the lane also. No big fuss, just plain functional design that ages well.
Wish you many miles in the new CIAZ and will look forward to your experiences with your car.
OT: The pic with your son inspecting the car during PDI is very cute. He loves his toys for sure.
Thank you. Suzuki has a lot of brand value, it's just that they are not there when it comes to bigger cars. Ciaz should do the difference even for people who are want a bigger car and still do not want to leave the Suzuki's USP of "Kitna deti hain"

Son loved his toy. But yes, after few spins he realized that it's not really his and was prompt to point that out leading me to buy a remote controlled Q5 for him.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 08:26   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Delhi-NCR
Posts: 901
Thanked: 4,673 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Dear Abhishek, Congratulations on your new chariot and the delightful colour. It is my favourite colour too. Looks royal. Thank you for the thread, Please add more detailed photos as you get the time. Personally I like the looks of the Ciaz a lot and in my opinion its interiors are better than the Honda City. Happy driving. - Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 12:22   #26
BHPian
 
poised2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 265
Thanked: 286 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Hello Sir,
Wise decision you made there by going for Ciaz . The only drawback with it , as I see, is its underpowered Engine for a C-2 sedan which might not enthuse some drivers [ Sedate ones will not really bother about this] , yet, I think it is absolutely a VFM on our roads with

1. one of the best engines with a substantial FE.

2. Beautifully designed to grab the attention of the onlookers and this particular color looks very premium [ much better than City and Verna- my personal opinion] .

3. And the Maruti tag that entails ' peace of mind' not having to spend too much time / money over the car.

Congratulations and all the best with your new possession.

On a side note, I too own a Red Swift Vxi 2008 , which as per our SA , runs like a Gem even after 7 years and I hope I could maintain it just the way you did.
poised2drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 15:05   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
IshaanIan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Hyd/B'lore
Posts: 2,441
Thanked: 3,142 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
3. At this moment I feel the Swift was peppier but when I think of it, the Swift used to see the 4-6k RPMs as well at times but this one is barely seeing 2K RPMs. Will be able to truly judge it after 2000 km on the odo
The K series units are known to lack the characteristic raw power of Suzukis we all remember, so you will have to wring it by its neck a little more to go faster but still, nothing a few future modifications can't fix

PS: do drive it enthusiastically from time to time. The idea is to never cruise or let it hover at one rpm for too long. Vary the rpms and occasionally red-line the car. This helps seat the rings far better in my experience

Last edited by IshaanIan : 7th February 2015 at 15:07.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 17:16   #28
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Dear Abhishek, Congratulations on your new chariot and the delightful colour. It is my favourite colour too. Looks royal. Thank you for the thread, Please add more detailed photos as you get the time.n
Thank you. I was skeptical initially. Brown after bright red was a difficult decision but guess it clicked well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
The only drawback with it , as I see, is its underpowered Engine for a C-2 sedan which might not enthuse some drivers [ Sedate ones will not really bother about this]
I was aware of this setback before I bought it but the more I drive it I realize, I am not missing much of anything and Suzuki has done quite a good job tuning this engine. Yet again, balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
On a side note, I too own a Red Swift Vxi 2008 , which as per our SA , runs like a Gem even after 7 years and I hope I could maintain it just the way you did.
Swift is quite a less maintenance vehicle and it really does not require too much effort to keep it in good shape !! The new owner after 8 years is having a good time as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
The K series units are known to lack the characteristic raw power of Suzukis we all remember, so you will have to wring it by its neck a little more to go faster but still, nothing a few future modifications can't fix

PS: do drive it enthusiastically from time to time. The idea is to never cruise or let it hover at one rpm for too long. Vary the rpms and occasionally red-line the car. This helps seat the rings far better in my experience
That's right Ishaan. It does not have the G-Series engine characteristics but it's holding up well till now. Not disappointed yet where I needed that extra bit but it failed to deliver but again, this is the sane period. Will be interesting later.

I did the red lining once in a while in my swift and my R15, not sure what worked but both remained smooth and peppy for the time I owned them. I have been driving within the city only these days and hence RPM variations keep happening.

Weekend Cleaning

The first weekend after buying it and it was time for a wash and some casual clicks.

Few things from my washing kit which I already had and few news additions.

Name:  IMG_20150207_101341.jpg
Views: 14259
Size:  92.9 KB

And done ! This color is gradually growing up on me.

Name:  IMG_20150207_131211.jpg
Views: 21243
Size:  130.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20150207_131100.jpg
Views: 34463
Size:  141.6 KB

And the interiors.

Name:  IMG_20150207_131742.jpg
Views: 16637
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20150207_131826.jpg
Views: 18458
Size:  102.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20150207_131710.jpg
Views: 14006
Size:  99.9 KB

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 7th February 2015 at 17:23. Reason: Photo Edit
abhisheksircar is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2015, 19:38   #29
BHPian
 
Cooltronics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 246 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Congratulations. Excellent write up, loved reading every word of it. Excellent car and color choice indeed.
Let me tell you one needs to wear their Shades to see your car in Sunlight

Drive Safe and enjoy every moment on Bangalore roads
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 11:42   #30
BHPian
 
nurni76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gurgaon/BLR
Posts: 882
Thanked: 334 Times
Default

Congrats on the new possession. Looks awesome in the brown shade. Btb do you stay close to Bellandur? I think I saw a brown Zxi+ last week which had a Suraksha sticker at the back, guessing it could be yours?
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 214 26th November 2017 00:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks