Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2015, 19:27   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mhow
Posts: 39
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Firstly Heartiest Congrats on buying a fantastic car. Secondly, thoughtful of u to have posted ur complete experience. Im in the process of finalising on buying a car. CIAZ is at the topmost slot. Hows this colour, Pearl Sangria Red?? The nearby dealer dint have it, and i want to see it on read before i go for it. Brown is indeed a fantastic colour.

Few Queries.
1. I have driven a hatchback till now, Alto800. So hows it shifting to a 4.5m Long car?
2. Even i read about this Engine being underpowered observation? Im sure u will be able to tell me after ur car crosses 2k Km. I hope it happens soon
3. The Local dealer is not actually able to tell me, whats the difference between VXI+ and VXI(o). The catalogue he had also wasnt useful, to say. Can u help me with that?

Thanks in anticipation
sandeep959 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 21:12   #32
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Congratulations. Excellent write up, loved reading every word of it. Excellent car and color choice indeed.
Let me tell you one needs to wear their Shades to see your car in Sunlight

Drive Safe and enjoy every moment on Bangalore roads
Thanks !! Glad you liked the write up. I actually leave really early and come back quite late to and from office just to "enjoy" the drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Congrats on the new possession. Looks awesome in the brown shade. Btb do you stay close to Bellandur? I think I saw a brown Zxi+ last week which had a Suraksha sticker at the back, guessing it could be yours?
Thank you. That was definitely me. My work place is around Bellandur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
Firstly Heartiest Congrats on buying a fantastic car. Secondly, thoughtful of u to have posted ur complete experience. Im in the process of finalising on buying a car. CIAZ is at the topmost slot. Hows this colour, Pearl Sangria Red?? The nearby dealer dint have it, and i want to see it on read before i go for it. Brown is indeed a fantastic colour.

Few Queries.
1. I have driven a hatchback till now, Alto800. So hows it shifting to a 4.5m Long car?
2. Even i read about this Engine being underpowered observation? Im sure u will be able to tell me after ur car crosses 2k Km. I hope it happens soon
3. The Local dealer is not actually able to tell me, whats the difference between VXI+ and VXI(o). The catalogue he had also wasnt useful, to say. Can u help me with that?

Thanks in anticipation
Thanks Sandeep. Pearl Sangria Red is more maroon than red. Not to my taste but you should see it once in person to decide it. Someone in the same street I stay in has it.

To answer your questions.

1. I have been driving cars of different sizes as well for long drives as well hence I did not personally find it very different but it's not that difficult. While driving you build up a perimeter in your mind and drive accordingly and invariably it's way more than what is required, hence all save. Every time I park with some obstacle in the front I park it and walk to see how close of far it is to the end to know how I am judging it. Gradually I will get it right. Reverse is way easier now with the rear cam and sensor. I push it right till the edge. Turning radius is definitely more and that is something you need to be prepared for.

2. Although I am driving within the 2K RPM, I never missed that extra punch in city traffic. What will be interesting to see is highway over takes and hilly roads. Will update as soon as I encounter these.

3. The options sold as of now are V, V+, Z and Z+. There is no V(o). They did launch a Z(o) but that was just to cover up the gap of the Z+ minus the navigation system till they fixed the issue.

These two links in team-bhp has the feature details.

Link 1 (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review)

Link 2 (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review)

Feel free to ping me if you want more details.

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 8th February 2015 at 21:16. Reason: Added few missed points
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 21:13   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Heartiest congratulations on your new car! Wish you the best of ownership experiences!

I am interested in the 3M car care product/service that you have taken and would like to get the same done for my Ertiga VDi (2012 model). Would really appreciate if you can share how much you paid for -

1. Body paint coating/treatment i.e. to ensure that the paint shine is maintained
2. Under body coating/treatment
3. Floor mats

I understand that these charges may vary for each model vehicle, I will get an idea of the cost involved.

Thanks and once again wish you happy driving with your new car!
ramassrs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 22:43   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 86
Thanked: 90 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Congratulations on your new car Abhishek! I appreciate your style of writing

The Ciaz comes across as a very desirable and logical upgrade for many hatchback owners, especially for existing Maruti customers who trust their core attributes of value for money and ease of ownership and for many like me who would stick to a tried and tested product from a reliable brand.
I find the Ciaz very plush and elegant and am sold on its clean, slight Germanic looking and simplistic lines to the overdone fluidic architecture. It should stand the test of time. Its silhouette reminds as that of an updated old Ford Mondeo which I really liked in my childhood.

Wish you tons of trouble free driving and keep updating your thread.

Last edited by ciddharth : 8th February 2015 at 22:51. Reason: Wrongly pressed enter button before completing the post
ciddharth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 23:03   #35
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramassrs View Post
Heartiest congratulations on your new car!

Would really appreciate if you can share how much you paid for -

1. Body paint coating/treatment i.e. to ensure that the paint shine is maintained
2. Under body coating/treatment
3. Floor mats
Thank you. The prices are as mentioned below.

Paint Sealant : 5000/- | I would recommend this only after a year of usage unless you are using a dark colored vehicle.
Underbody Coating : 4500/- | This is a one time thing for the next five years. Highly recommended.
Mats : 6500/- | These are really good. Very low maintenance. Reconsider taking beige ones like the one I use as I am starting to realize that black would have been easier to maintain. For now, no complains though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciddharth View Post
Congratulations on your new car Abhishek! I appreciate your style of writing

The Ciaz comes across as a very desirable and logical upgrade for many hatchback owners, especially for existing Maruti customers who trust their core attributes of value for money and ease of ownership and for many like me who would stick to a tried and tested product from a reliable brand.
I find the Ciaz very plush and elegant and am sold on its clean, slight Germanic looking and simplistic lines to the overdone fluidic architecture. It should stand the test of time. Its silhouette reminds as that of an updated old Ford Mondeo which I really liked in my childhood.

Wish you tons of trouble free driving and keep updating your thread.
Thanks !! I think Maruti played a really safe card over here keeping every aspect of the car balanced so that none "hate" it although by all means they might have very few going "head over heals" over the looks and I think that approach worked good for me as well. Being an uncommon car on the streets and because of it's sheer presence, it does get a lot of curious looks, not sure if it ends with, 'nice car !!' or what ?
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 12:18   #36
BHPian
 
joe_antony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 81
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Thank you. I was skeptical initially. Brown after bright red was a difficult decision but guess it clicked well.

And done ! This color is gradually growing up on me.
I did happen to see the Ciaz Zxi of the same color in flesh few days back, it looked awesome. Also, there was a City just next to it, and know what Ciaz looked bigger and better. It looked as premium as the City and way bigger than the City.
joe_antony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 14:31   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

I think I'm the last person to congratulate you on your new buy Abhishek - here's wishing you tons of safe motoring miles.

I too drive a '08 Swift VXi. In specific, I wanted to check on the ground clearance. What's your take on the ground clearance given the massive craters and boulders that pass of as road undulations in Bangalore? Wanted to know this in specific because of the increased wheelbase of the Ciaz.

Thanks in advance & again, congrats on the new beauty.
turboturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2015, 14:38   #38
BHPian
 
Skyline GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dubai
Posts: 594
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Congrats, My Dad is taking delivery of ZDi+ this week. Same colour. I was not very sure about the colour since it was not available on display while i was in India, but his looks different without being flashy.

OT: Suzuki Ciaz 1.4 Petrol with 4 speed Auto has been launched here in Dubai with 7 years warranty at starting price of AED 45,000 (INR 7,56,000)
Skyline GT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 01:19   #39
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
I think I'm the last person to congratulate you on your new buy Abhishek - here's wishing you tons of safe motoring miles.

I too drive a '08 Swift VXi. In specific, I wanted to check on the ground clearance. What's your take on the ground clearance given the massive craters and boulders that pass of as road undulations in Bangalore? Wanted to know this in specific because of the increased wheelbase of the Ciaz.

Thanks in advance & again, congrats on the new beauty.

Thanks Turbo. Thankfully it's holding good and even with four people onboard, the car has not scraped it's belly anywhere yet. The trick till now has been to drive slow over the caters. The shockers are really good and soaks all kind of undulated roads.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Congrats, My Dad is taking delivery of ZDi+ this week. Same colour. I was not very sure about the colour since it was not available on display while i was in India, but his looks different without being flashy.

OT: Suzuki Ciaz 1.4 Petrol with 4 speed Auto has been launched here in Dubai with 7 years warranty at starting price of AED 45,000 (INR 7,56,000)
Thanks Skyline. He will love the color. Its a very sober one and has a lot of class written all over it.

In a land where cops drive Bugattis and Lexus, a 1.4 ltr will be interesting. Pricing is amazing though.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 08:49   #40
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quick question on the security setting.

User Manual (2-44)

- Shock Sensor. Why would it be disabled as default setting ? Isn't it a good to have ?
- Shock Sensor level : I have set it at L10. Good enough considering that my parking locations are usually quite secured ?
- Full blast warning sensitivity : What is this ?

Mileage Update@750kms on odo

- City : One week observation. 13.8 km/ltr. Bangalore Traffic.
- Highway : 21.2 km/ltr. Averaged over couple of 100 km drives.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2015, 14:08   #41
BHPian
 
ortho_surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Kochi
Posts: 95
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Hi Abhishek nice colour choice buddy. I really loved the picture in which Junior is inspecting the car.

3M seems to have a done job on your Ciaz. Can you give us a break up of the 3M bill. I really liked the door mats a lot.

How is the music system performing?


All the best to you and your family. Wishing you many happy miles and memories ahead.

Last edited by ortho_surgeon : 22nd February 2015 at 14:10.
ortho_surgeon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 06:34   #42
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Hi Abhishek nice colour choice buddy. I really loved the picture in which Junior is inspecting the car.
Thank you Doc ! Long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
3M seems to have a done job on your Ciaz. Can you give us a break up of the 3M bill. I really liked the door mats a lot.
Here goes the break up of the 3M bill.

Paint Sealant : 5000/-
Underbody Coating : 4500/-
Mats : 6500/-

The mat is quite good although the beige has started to loose it's beige sheen after all the stomping. Will have to check how well it gets washed after proper water wash. As of now, it's low maintenance with just a tap over the weekends to take off the dust collected over the week. Gives the car a very clean appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
How is the music system performing?
The volume range of the music system goes from 0-30. For a six speaker system including two tweeters and no sub woofer, it has good punch but till 15. After that, the bass starts sounding funny. I am usually at 15 max.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 16:06   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mhow
Posts: 39
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Thanks !! Glad you liked the write up. I actually leave really early and come back quite late to and from office just to "enjoy" the drive.



Thank you. That was definitely me. My work place is around Bellandur.



Thanks Sandeep. Pearl Sangria Red is more maroon than red. Not to my taste but you should see it once in person to decide it. Someone in the same street I stay in has it.

To answer your questions.

1. I have been driving cars of different sizes as well for long drives as well hence I did not personally find it very different but it's not that difficult. While driving you build up a perimeter in your mind and drive accordingly and invariably it's way more than what is required, hence all save. Every time I park with some obstacle in the front I park it and walk to see how close of far it is to the end to know how I am judging it. Gradually I will get it right. Reverse is way easier now with the rear cam and sensor. I push it right till the edge. Turning radius is definitely more and that is something you need to be prepared for.

2. Although I am driving within the 2K RPM, I never missed that extra punch in city traffic. What will be interesting to see is highway over takes and hilly roads. Will update as soon as I encounter these.

3. The options sold as of now are V, V+, Z and Z+. There is no V(o). They did launch a Z(o) but that was just to cover up the gap of the Z+ minus the navigation system till they fixed the issue.

These two links in team-bhp has the feature details.

Link 1 (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review)

Link 2 (Maruti Ciaz : Official Review)

Feel free to ping me if you want more details.
Well.... After lot of deliberations, and good inputs from you, I have booked CIAZ ZXI Dignity Brown from CARS India Ltd Chennai. Likely date of Delivery 15 March.
Have a few queries which i would request you to clarify.
1. Did you take the Maruti Insurance or a different one?? They are quoting Rs. 17,700 for a comprehensive policy. Is that ok? Or you have suggestions for any other Insurance company?
2. The dealer is charging for Rs. 10K for Temp regn, Handling charges and basic accessories (4 x Mud Flap, Steering cover, Floor mat & Interior freshener). Any suggestions on this please?

May I request others also to give their valuable comments to the above queries.
sandeep959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 13:58   #44
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default Re: Comfort, Intelligence, Attitude & Zeal - Maruti Ciaz ZXi+ Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep959 View Post
Well.... After lot of deliberations, and good inputs from you, I have booked CIAZ ZXI Dignity Brown from CARS India Ltd Chennai. Likely date of Delivery 15 March.
Have a few queries which i would request you to clarify.
1. Did you take the Maruti Insurance or a different one?? They are quoting Rs. 17,700 for a comprehensive policy. Is that ok? Or you have suggestions for any other Insurance company?
2. The dealer is charging for Rs. 10K for Temp regn, Handling charges and basic accessories (4 x Mud Flap, Steering cover, Floor mat & Interior freshener). Any suggestions on this please?

May I request others also to give their valuable comments to the above queries.
I went for the Maruti Insurance which again gives you the flexibility of choosing various providers. I went for Royal Sundaram. 17.7K is a good price for comprehensive cause I paid 28K for bumper to bumper comprehensive insurance which covers plastic, glass, airbag etc.

My handling charges including all that you mentioned was also around the same price. 9K. As accessories they provided Mud Flap, Floor mat which I am not using, Freshner, Car care kit, puncture repair kit and a box of chocolates

Your Insurance is quite reasonable though. Just have a quick look into what all it's covering.
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 23:49   #45
BHPian
 
abhisheksircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 374
Thanked: 640 Times
Default First Servicing in 27 Days and 1114 kms

It's been 27 days and 1114 kms on the Odo when I got a weekend to service my car. It was scheduled for the first servicing which I would term to be a general wash. I had some work for them though. Engine Oil Change. This is something I have been consistent with all my vehicles. 1000 kms and change the engine oil. Don't know how much it really helps, but that's in my check list.

I went to my chosen dealer, Surakshaa, and as always was given first class treatment as was the sales experience. Thanks to team-bhp.com for getting me introduced to them else I was getting used and abused by the big names of Maruti dealers in Bangalore. I went straight in and told my service advisor that I have no issues as such although you continue with your regular checks, but do change the engine oil to the recommended 0W20. He had a confused look but something tells me that I was not the first one. He knew the drill and was on to the job. The vehicle was parked right next to the customer lounge and I got the best view on the house.

Name:  IMG_20150228_093751.jpg
Views: 9250
Size:  93.3 KB

Browsing the net, watching the world cup and getting a glance of the car getting serviced. I would walk up to the car when it needed extra attention like Oil filter getting changed or not etc.

Name:  IMG_20150228_145539.jpg
Views: 27276
Size:  99.5 KB

Clean car and that's what this first servicing is all about. The second one is also not much to do other than the tyre rotation.

Observations on the car after 1000+ Kms

+ Very smooth ride quality. Shockers really smooth
+ Very linear, elegant acceleration
+ Have not faced any lag or power issues yet. The second gear cannot be used for long in City. It's usually the first and the third. The third pulls in well from 20 to occasional 60. I usually shift to fourth before 60 to keep it within the prescribed RPMs
+ Mileage when received was 4.X. It's going up over time. City : 13.8, Highway : 21.2
+ Parking with the rear cam and parking sensors is a breeze
+ The voice command works well although instead of the system adapting to my voice and accent, I am adapting to the system and pronouncing the way it understands. Eg : YRC Ronnie is commanded as "Call 'Irk Ronnie'". It works.
- The gears are still clunky although better than before.
- Sunglass in holder makes rattling sound. Solution to keep with the case, if possible. They should have given a soft interior compartment for the holder.
- Radio receiver not as good. Never faced faded transmission anywhere in Bangalore with my swift for FM 91.9. This one does have some issues picking it up in certain places
- Very light steering, feels like a video game
- I have still not managed to use the smart link feature on the system. Did not break my head as much.
- The navigation is not as convenient to use as the google maps. I have not used it well yet but the usability is definitely not as straight forward.

In short, it's turning out to be, as expected, a very balanced sane car.

Last edited by abhisheksircar : 2nd March 2015 at 23:51.
abhisheksircar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictorial Comparison: Maruti Ciaz vs City, Verna, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Fiesta & Manza a4anurag Sedans 214 26th November 2017 00:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks