Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st July 2017, 02:16   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Battery Drained out | My fault

Hello Sir!

How's it going with the Ciaz? Yours is the most detailed ownership thread of the Ciaz that I could find here. You've put each and every detail that any Ciaz owner or prospective buyer would need. I'm planning to buy the Ciaz Alpha soon. I almost booked it few days back but then got to know about the upcoming engine upgrade. Now, I'm in a dilemma whether to wait or buy it right now. There are rumours of the Ciaz being launched in September '17 but some are saying it could be April-May '18. And there are many useful upgrades that are on it's way which is making me wait. But then again, May '18 is still a year away. Hope to see updates on your Ciaz soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
When I came back, I first went to the boot to place few bags off the shopping that I did after watching the movie and the boot failed to open. I went to the front door and it was open. I soon realized the battery was dead. No lights were on. The front door is designed to work in a way that even if you lock it manually from inside if the battery is dead, it opens up. I realised this as the passenger side front door was open and when I manually tried to lock it, it unlocked by itself.
Isn't this a big risk? Say someone has to move out of town for few months and he can not take his car there, it's natural for the battery to be dead when it's not being used. Anyone can access the car after the battery is dead. Belongings or parts of the car can be stolen easily. This seems quite scary! Is there any way to prevent it?

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2017, 10:14   #122
BHPian

Default Re: Battery Drained out | My fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Hello Sir!

How's it going with the Ciaz? Yours is the most detailed ownership thread of the Ciaz that I could find here. You've put each and every detail that any Ciaz owner or prospective buyer would need. I'm planning to buy the Ciaz Alpha soon.

Isn't this a big risk? Say someone has to move out of town for few months and he can not take his car there, it's natural for the battery to be dead when it's not being used. Anyone can access the car after the battery is dead. Belongings or parts of the car can be stolen easily. This seems quite scary! Is there any way to prevent it?

Regards,
Swapnil
Thanks Swapnil. Glad the review helped. Car is rocking and no regrets till date. I am not sure about the Dead Battery issue. That's what happened with my car although I am not sure if that's how it's supposed to behave. Have to check.

Go for the Ciaz. You will not regret.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote