Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st January 2015, 00:08   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My Tata Zest XT 1.3L Quadrajet - Platinum Silver

Congrats vasanthn21 on buying the car that T BHPians chose to br the car of the year. This is a car that has helped Tata to gain back their strength in the Indian market. A well written review.
Zen will always be one of my favorites. As a result, I have gone through your ownership review several times. Reading that you let the Zen go literally brought tears to my eyes. Please don't change your avatar as it will be a tribute to the little legend.
petrolhead_neel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 04:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
First of all, Congrats on your new car! All the best with your new Zest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Congratulations !
Your report is fantastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
A good comprehensive review. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the new kid on the block from Tata. Drive safe....!!!!
Keep adding to the thread about your experience with post sales service and other general feedback.
Thanks, will keep the thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamliner17 View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase vasanthn21 !
A very good upgrade from your old Zen and wish you enjoy every moment in the Zest !

Just an observation. TATA has given the rev-counter right upto 8k RPM. Wonder why they didn't change it for the diesel ZEST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayasurya View Post
In Zest and Bolt, the needle changes to red while nearing the redline. This allows them to use same rev-counter for Petrol and Diesel.
Also, for uniformity of parts across variants leading to savings in cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
I visited Prerana Motors today and the SA (Kaushik) informed that he interacted with you as well.
He was pretty impressed seeing your detailed review on tbhp!!
Thanks, I have continued to maintain contacts with Kaushik. By the way, are you thinking of booking one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Congrats vasanthn21 on buying the car that T BHPians chose to br the car of the year. This is a car that has helped Tata to gain back their strength in the Indian market. A well written review.
Zen will always be one of my favorites. As a result, I have gone through your ownership review several times. Reading that you let the Zen go literally brought tears to my eyes. Please don't change your avatar as it will be a tribute to the little legend.
Thanks, and as you suggested - not changing the avatar
vasanthn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 08:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post

Thanks, I have continued to maintain contacts with Kaushik. By the way, are you thinking of booking one?
Vasanth, I already purchased Revotron XT Pristine White on 16th Jan. I had invoiced my vehicle before Dec 31st to get all the benefits!
I will soon come up with my ownership review.
balajisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 14:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Vasanth, I already purchased Revotron XT Pristine White on 16th Jan. I had invoiced my vehicle before Dec 31st to get all the benefits!
Congrats to you too. Looking forward to the report.
madhu33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 15:37   #35
BHPian

Congratulations on the upgrade. Expecting another review after a year or so, Covering all in-depth details. Reading a few pop up threads, I see that there are no plans to flood the roads with taxi version of these newly born TATAs, Going to be a real good move to keep up the premium feel and treatment.
dileepcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 21:17   #36
BHPian

Congratsss on your purchase dude.

Hope she gives you endless pleasure with awesome road trips in the coming years...just keep us posted on the drives.

Also, hopefully TASS will improve their service standards to keep in line with the wonderful products the design team is churning and one fine day TATA Motors will do justice to the TATA brand.
atul.sxna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 23:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Waiting for your ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileepcm View Post
Congratulations on the upgrade. Expecting another review after a year or so, Covering all in-depth details. Reading a few pop up threads, I see that there are no plans to flood the roads with taxi version of these newly born TATAs, Going to be a real good move to keep up the premium feel and treatment.
There will be a lot of intermittent updates from my side with each milestone passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.sxna View Post
Congratsss on your purchase dude.

Hope she gives you endless pleasure with awesome road trips in the coming years...just keep us posted on the drives.

Also, hopefully TASS will improve their service standards to keep in line with the wonderful products the design team is churning and one fine day TATA Motors will do justice to the TATA brand.
I hope so. I hear TATA has plans to launch a new vehicle every 6 months. If they maintain the standards of Zest and Bolt, and the pricing as aggresive as Zest's they should be able to make significant inroads into the market. Keeping my fingers crossed regarding the service.
vasanthn21 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2015, 22:54   #38
BHPian

Congrats Vasanthn21 on the Zest. Wishing you good miles and great smiles with your new ride.
And I know how you would have felt, to part with the Zen. Had the same feeling when I had to give off my Maruti 800 in 2004, when upgrading to a Wagon R. Had the 800 with me for 8 long trouble free years.
Nice review with excellent photos.
On the photo marked 'BOOT LAMP', are those space on either sides for the rear speakers or are the speakers mounted on the door pads ?
CAPTAIN REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 01:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vasanth from a fellow Zest XT owner.

Have completed around 2K Kms in one month with couple of Xpressway runs. Thoroughly enjoying it.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 10:23   #40
BHPian

Great initial review!

Zest XT Diesel MT was a car which was one of the main contenders for me (along with Hyundai XCent SX Optional Petrol) when I was looking for a car last month. It's a different story that I went for the Xcent, however.

My brother owns the Petrol XT in Sikkim - and from what I've heard from about his Zest (driving on those mountainous roads) is only great stuff!

Good review, and happy motoring!
arch_hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 18:41   #41
BHPian

Congrats Vasanthn21 on buying a true VFM car... Wishing you many miles of trouble-free motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
On the highway (Nice road - for those who know Bangalore), I try not to cross 80kmph and the engine potters around comfortably at 2000 rpm in 5th gear. Have not crossed these speeds and have not tried any overtaking manouvers, so I will have to wait to see how the engine responds when I am at 100/120 kmph on the highway and there is a need to overtake - I am not sure if this will require a downshift.
MJD's churns out meaty torque in the 2000-3000 RPM range. Just keep the revs in this range and it will keep up with any car on the road. I personally find 4th gear as the best one for overtaking on highways. This is coming from my experience of driving Manza QJD for last 3.5 years.

Quote:
The boot lid without cladding; feels very tinny.
My 3.5 year old Manza has the boot cladding. Not sure how much cost Tata would have saved by doing this

Last edited by mahesh_sn : 6th February 2015 at 18:46.
mahesh_sn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 01:21   #42
BHPian

Any update on the Zest. Service updates, mileage and other positive or negative you might want to highlight to prospective buyers like me.
gauravdgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:02   #43
BHPian

Hi vasanthn21,

I have read through the complete thread - Line by line. It has definitely been very informative.

I am a potential buyer of Zest XMS Diesel. I am curious to know about your recent ownership experience with the Zest.

As of now, I have had test rides of Toyota Liva (P) and Etios (P), Hyundai Xcent (P) and Tata Zest (D). Amongst these, the best suspension and compliant ride was of Etios. The potholes / speed breakers were not even felt by any passengers, truly outstanding job by Toyota on that front. The Zest ride was not bad at all, however Toyota was better.

I know that I am probably comparing apples with oranges here, but the on-road price of Etios V (Petrol) is almost the same as on road price of Tata Zest XMS Diesel (give or take Rs 10k).

Any recent feedback from Zest Diesel owners will help me make the final decision.
bulletboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 11:34   #44
BHPian

Hello vasanthn21,

Its apparently a year now, can you update all of us about the review of the car after a year. What is the mileage experienced and did all the car upholstery hold after a year.

Regards,
Ranjit

Last edited by jawabiker : 11th January 2016 at 11:34. Reason: Incorrect grammer
jawabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 20:51   #45
BHPian

Nice review of zest.

There are not many threads for tata zest.

Request you for an update about the car and long term ownership experience as well as a reflection about after sales service of Tata motors.
adityadeva is offline   Reply With Quote