Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 09:02   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 120
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

The Brio in Red really looks hot. I have however driven a MT version and liked it very well. If only Honda could improve the interiors of the car to match its competetion the car is a winner in all aspects. The 1.2 iVtec mill is pure FTD and rev happy - the best part of the car I beleive. Congrats for your purchase!
CountMe91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 12:29   #17
BHPian
 
abhi29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 60
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Hey, congrats on the purchase, a very nice review indeed.

I own a Brio too, an Urban titanium one, and i must admit that i have started liking the brighter colors better. The red being the hottest of all.

I started regular driving with the Brio, I was least confident to take it into Bangalore traffic but one month with this car and there I was, tackling my way ahead the way even auto-wallahs wouldn't dare . The car is so confidence-inspiring that I can now take it to any part of the city at any given point of the day without thinking twice about the traffic or parking.

But highways is where this car shines and shows its true character, I did a long long drive from Bangalore to my hometown in C.G., about 1500 kms, all solo. It was not only effortless, it was enjoyable too, the car was super-planted, high speed overtakes and quick manoeuvres were never a problem. No 'Oops' moments whatsoever. There were some rough patches though, where I wished for bigger tyres and better wheel cladding but a great drive overall.
abhi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 15:00   #18
BHPian
 
Swapnil_Alto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: JH 01/WB 02
Posts: 127
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Hello Rollingwheels26,

Congrats on the Brio. You've chosen a brilliant color there. You've written the review very well and love the pics you've clicked to show each and everything about the car. This, being your first car is surely close to you, evident in one of the pics where you are hugging your brio :P. The spoiler does enhance the look, saw both with and without spoiler pics. The red brio would look fantastic with the alloys painted black, a personal opinion though.
Once again, Congrats and wish you Happy Miles with your baby leopard.

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 16:13   #19
BHPian
 
turbodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Chinchwad-Pune
Posts: 113
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: The baby Leopard- My red Brio VX AT

Hearty congratulations for your new car . Red colour looks stunning on BRIO.

Your post is quite detailed and I enjoyed reading every bit of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingwheels26 View Post
Post Delivery:

Other than the Honda accessories i purchased the following as well-
1) CR 70 sunfilm for front windshield - Rs 6689
2) CR 70 sunfilm for side windows- Rs 9561
Aren't sun films banned in chennai? As far as I remember, all films are banned. Please correct me if I am wrong.
turbodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 16:25   #20
BHPian
 
Rollingwheels26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
Hey there, congrats on your new car. Brio is typical Honda, nice and peppy.

By the way, 10K for Non-Leather seat covers ? Were they branded ? Seems to expensive for PU seat covers. I got my Liva seats covered for about 4.8K.
Thank you ! And no they weren't branded. I had an ex co-worker who referred his friend for getting these covers. And I blindly trusted him for this price. The actual price was 9K IIRC. Though based on your remarks I guess i overpaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
Wow
Wonderful review.
Thanks for sharing.
I have covered almost 25k km during a year in my Brio AT.
Its smooth and peppy to drive. Loving it.
Ah a fellow Brio AT owner ! And 25k km in a year ??? Am surprised you didn't get a diesel car. I covered 10k km in 8 months and I feel even that was too heavy on the pocket !!
Rollingwheels26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 16:35   #21
BHPian
 
Rollingwheels26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: The baby Leopard- My red Brio VX AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
The Brio in Red really looks hot. I have however driven a MT version and liked it very well. If only Honda could improve the interiors of the car to match its competetion the car is a winner in all aspects. The 1.2 iVtec mill is pure FTD and rev happy - the best part of the car I beleive. Congrats for your purchase!
Thank you ! And I completely agree with you. A Brio At with the centre console of a Micra would be a smash hit in the market. Alas Honda aren't exactly known for their centre consoles... sigh.

Though in all fairness Jazz had a decent centre console. Interestingly Jazz is what I wanted initially !


Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi29 View Post
Hey, congrats on the purchase, a very nice review indeed.

I own a Brio too, an Urban titanium one, and i must admit that i have started liking the brighter colors better. The red being the hottest of all.

I started regular driving with the Brio, I was least confident to take it into Bangalore traffic but one month with this car and there I was, tackling my way ahead the way even auto-wallahs wouldn't dare . The car is so confidence-inspiring that I can now take it to any part of the city at any given point of the day without thinking twice about the traffic or parking.

But highways is where this car shines and shows its true character, I did a long long drive from Bangalore to my hometown in C.G., about 1500 kms, all solo. It was not only effortless, it was enjoyable too, the car was super-planted, high speed overtakes and quick manoeuvres were never a problem. No 'Oops' moments whatsoever. There were some rough patches though, where I wished for bigger tyres and better wheel cladding but a great drive overall.
Thank you. And while bigger tyre upgrade can be done from non OEM shops, the lack of wheel cladding ruins, what other wise would have been, an excellent highway driving experience. I even asked the salesperson if they could somehow retrofit cladding in the rear wheel well if I paid them As expected they said no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
Hello Rollingwheels26,

Congrats on the Brio. You've chosen a brilliant color there. You've written the review very well and love the pics you've clicked to show each and everything about the car. This, being your first car is surely close to you, evident in one of the pics where you are hugging your brio :P. The spoiler does enhance the look, saw both with and without spoiler pics. The red brio would look fantastic with the alloys painted black, a personal opinion though.
Once again, Congrats and wish you Happy Miles with your baby leopard.

Regards,
Swapnil
Thank you. I think i mentioned in my review that am planning to get the alloys painted black. Am on the look out for a trustworthy place where I can get the glossy black paint done. Will update the thread with pics once i do !


Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
Hearty congratulations for your new car . Red colour looks stunning on BRIO.

Your post is quite detailed and I enjoyed reading every bit of it.



Aren't sun films banned in chennai? As far as I remember, all films are banned. Please correct me if I am wrong.
TECHNICALLY sunfilms are banned across India. But in Chennai almost all cars have them since it's impossible to survive without them. The cops dont stop you as long as the sun film isn't too dark. CR 70 allows 70% visibility. In fact if you see the pics you'll see my windows are pretty clear. In these cases cops don't have a problem. I have been stopped for random checks at midnight many times but not once was the sun film bought up.
Rollingwheels26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 17:03   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 689 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Congrats for the Brio. Initially i didn't liked the design but grows over you in due course of time. The engine is one point where the car really shines,typical Honda rev happy unit. I only wish if Honda could have brought out the Brio Diesel i would have seriously considered buying one.

Happy mile munching.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2015, 12:24   #23
BHPian
 
tiger_stripes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Congratulations for your little red baby leopard!! I think Honda has now discontinued this color for the Brio, but IMHO it suits the car.

You have put up a wonderful ownership thread and highlighted all positives and negatives well. Fully agree that the free revving1.2 i-vtec is the highlight. With 10k kms under the belt, you will find it even more refined now. A change to the bland interiors is much needed for the Brio to compete in the hatchback segment.

Happy motoring!!
tiger_stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2015, 22:43   #24
BHPian
 
Rollingwheels26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Congrats for the Brio. Initially i didn't liked the design but grows over you in due course of time. The engine is one point where the car really shines,typical Honda rev happy unit. I only wish if Honda could have brought out the Brio Diesel i would have seriously considered buying one.

Happy mile munching.
Thank you. Actually with me travelling close to 1.5K km a month I too am starting to wish I had bough a diesel But then a AT Diesel Brio with the refinement of the petrol unit is just too far fetched to wish for. Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Congratulations for your little red baby leopard!! I think Honda has now discontinued this color for the Brio, but IMHO it suits the car.

You have put up a wonderful ownership thread and highlighted all positives and negatives well. Fully agree that the free revving1.2 i-vtec is the highlight. With 10k kms under the belt, you will find it even more refined now. A change to the bland interiors is much needed for the Brio to compete in the hatchback segment.

Happy motoring!!
Thanks TS. But AFAIK the rallye red colour is still available. Somebody in my apartments just bough a Brio 'S' variant in this colour. Do check and let me know !

And I agree with you a 1000 times. The centre console is just too damn drab. Wish i could implant Micra's console here
Rollingwheels26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2015, 13:08   #25
BHPian
 
tiger_stripes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 72
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingwheels26 View Post
Thanks TS. But AFAIK the rallye red colour is still available. Somebody in my apartments just bough a Brio 'S' variant in this colour. Do check and let me know !
Oops. Got confused. It's the Energetic Blue color that has been replaced by the Majestic Blue.
tiger_stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 01:36   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: INDIA
Posts: 34
Thanked: 34 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Nice review. Loved the little details you put. Unbiased. The 'fors' and 'againsts' come out well. Yes safety is prime. There cannot be a compromise here. But doesn't Celerio Zxi option come with airbags and ABS
krackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 18:03   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 33
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Congratulation on your baby leopard Rollingwheels26.

I have driven my friend's Brio (manual) on highway and found it a great highway car. Inspite of small dimensions, somehow the feel while driving is that of a larger car. Enjoy your iVtech.
nug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 12:47   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 87
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Congratulations Rollingwheels26 from a fellow Brio AT owner (though silver) since more than 2 years

Great review and will agree with all the points. This is obviously a perfect car in the city traffic but it is surprising great on highways.

I took a Bangalore-Goa-Pune-Shirdi-Pune-Bangalore trip last year with my Brio and it was simply a great experience.

The low stance really helps keep the car really stable on turnings at speed and the hassle free driving enables that you tire less and can actually cover larger distances.
neeravnaik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 19:26   #29
BHPian
 
adityasiera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 262
Thanked: 240 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Congrats for the Brio. Initially i didn't liked the design but grows over you in due course of time. The engine is one point where the car really shines,typical Honda rev happy unit. I only wish if Honda could have brought out the Brio Diesel i would have seriously considered buying one.

Happy mile munching.
On one of those purple haze days, i was just dreaming. The City takes the diesel engine and the 6 Speed GB. The mobilio gets the GC. What if.. again a big What if, honda puts the mobilio's running gear on Brio, with a 6spd GB and the idtec plus an optional AWD
adityasiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 19:30   #30
BHPian
 
Rollingwheels26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 68
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: The baby leopard - My Red Honda Brio VX Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackr View Post
Nice review. Loved the little details you put. Unbiased. The 'fors' and 'againsts' come out well. Yes safety is prime. There cannot be a compromise here. But doesn't Celerio Zxi option come with airbags and ABS
Thanks krackr. Glad you enjoyed it. Celerio AT comes only in LXI and VXI variants. If it was available in ZXI maybe today I would be writing a review for it ! But am glad they didn't have that variant and I ended up with a sweet i-Vtec engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nug1 View Post
Congratulation on your baby leopard Rollingwheels26.

I have driven my friend's Brio (manual) on highway and found it a great highway car. Inspite of small dimensions, somehow the feel while driving is that of a larger car. Enjoy your iVtech.
Thank you ! And I too feel the same way about the dimensions. These japs are quite the wizards at deceiving you about the dimensions eh !


Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
Congratulations Rollingwheels26 from a fellow Brio AT owner (though silver) since more than 2 years

Great review and will agree with all the points. This is obviously a perfect car in the city traffic but it is surprising great on highways.

I took a Bangalore-Goa-Pune-Shirdi-Pune-Bangalore trip last year with my Brio and it was simply a great experience.

The low stance really helps keep the car really stable on turnings at speed and the hassle free driving enables that you tire less and can actually cover larger distances.
I was going to go with silver since its easier to live with when dealing with scratches but then I figured YOLO so went with red :P and I hats off for driving that much. I could never do that. And not just because of the atrocious petrol bills from using an AT as a tourer !
Rollingwheels26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic getsurya Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 6th June 2017 20:43
*SCOOP* Honda Brio DIESEL caught. EDIT: Only for next-gen Brio in 2017 kpzen The Indian Car Scene 377 6th September 2015 02:55
Stig gets Brio'ed! Red Honda Brio SMT (O) adityasiera Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 61 16th March 2015 19:23
Automatic: Used Maruti A-Star or new Honda Brio? EDIT: It's a Brio! ashwin489 Hatchbacks 54 10th September 2014 15:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks