Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 10:06   #91
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!

Ventoman, congrats on the new buy! It is truly an inspiration to see how many DIY you have successfully executed. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I just saw that instead of replacing the wheel you can add only the paddle shifters to the wheel. Saw them at the below website - they seem to do installs as well:

http://www.vagtune.in/volkswagen/vw-...genuine-detail

Has anyone tried this mod? Also is there anyone you may know of, who does this install in Mumbai?
CrimsonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2016, 00:35   #92
BHPian
 
senthils27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonKnight View Post

I just saw that instead of replacing the wheel you can add only the paddle shifters to the wheel. Saw them at the below website - they seem to do installs as well:

http://www.vagtune.in/volkswagen/vw-...genuine-detail

Has anyone tried this mod? Also is there anyone you may know of, who does this install in Mumbai?
Unfortunately this retrofit is not compatible for Vento or Polo. I had called vagtune sometime back and was told this. We have to go the expensive way of changing the wheel if we want paddles
senthils27 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 11:07   #93
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My VW Vento Chronicles - From TDI to TSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Unfortunately this retrofit is not compatible for Vento or Polo. I had called vagtune sometime back and was told this. We have to go the expensive way of changing the wheel if we want paddles
Thanks senthils27, I really wish there was a simple fix like this for the Vento as well - would have saved 40k.
CrimsonKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 00:57   #94
BHPian
 
lemedico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Agra, Cambridge
Posts: 80
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Few updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
4. Fitted Auto headlights, courtesy Ali bhai for $55/-. It was a simple DIY and hardly took few mins.
Kit received was as below.
This is a mouth-watering upgrade! I would like to do this for my Polo 1.2l petrol 2014 Highline. Would it be feasible? Could you also provide the link on aliexpress, I can see many results on the website but since your buy is tried and tested; I'll go for that!

Thanks
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 17:40   #95
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default Re: Few updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
This is a mouth-watering upgrade! I would like to do this for my Polo 1.2l petrol 2014 Highline. Would it be feasible? Could you also provide the link on aliexpress, I can see many results on the website but since your buy is tried and tested; I'll go for that!

Thanks
Sure, please find the link here.

However, please note there's a better option with Auto light and rain sensor as done by few folks here. For example - Graaja's thread here (Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM installed!).
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2017, 18:12   #96
BHPian
 
lemedico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Agra, Cambridge
Posts: 80
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Few updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Sure, please find the link here.

However, please note there's a better option with Auto light and rain sensor as done by few folks here. For example - Graaja's thread here (Polo GT TSi Install: OEM Bi-Xenons with BCM Max Upgrade EDIT: 6C RLS + Auto-dimming IRVM installed!).
Thank you Ventoman! I shall soon try this out. Not too keen on rain sensing wipers as where I live (Agra) is sadly a dry barren desert without even a decent monsoon

Also, I hope this is plug and play right? Would I require any VCDS coding post install to get it running?

Last edited by lemedico : 12th September 2017 at 18:13. Reason: added another sentence
lemedico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2017, 15:04   #97
BHPian
 
ventoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 165 Times
Default Re: Few updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
..
Also, I hope this is plug and play right? Would I require any VCDS coding post install to get it running?
Yes. pretty straight forward and doesn't require any VCDS tweaks.
ventoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Wittels Chronicles - My 2012 Shadow Blue Volkswagen Vento AT joslicx Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 25th June 2015 14:30
Difference between Polo R Cup's 1.6 TDI and Vento/Rapid's 1.6 TDI kryptonite Technical Stuff 21 12th February 2015 01:05
Polo GT TDI Chronicles - From Surat to Godís Own Country for my Wedding! Gannu_1 Travelogues 41 21st October 2014 15:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:35.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks