Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2016, 23:34   #76
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 44
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Hello Friends i just need your take on whether one should get the Engine Oil changed after every 5000 km instead of Recommended 10,000 Km in Diesel Fluidic Verna ? Do you believe purely in the fact that it can enhance the Engine Life ? All Comments For and Against are Welcome .
Warm Regards
honey_starhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 05:38   #77
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,499
Thanked: 6,579 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
...whether one should get the Engine Oil changed after every 5000 km instead of Recommended 10,000 Km in Diesel Fluidic Verna ? Do you believe purely in the fact that it can enhance the Engine Life ?...
It primarily depends on the type of conditions you drive in. If it's too much B2B city traffic, it's better to get this replaced (assuming it's mineral oil). Some also follow a 7500 km interval.

For my Swift D, I always followed a 10K interval on mineral oil (my B2B city rides were not much) and was given a feedback that the internals were pristine even at 90K kms. 5000 may be a bit too early if but there are guys on the forum who pamper their rides this much.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 08:52   #78
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 330
Thanked: 347 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
I just need your take on whether one should get the Engine Oil changed after every 5000 km instead of Recommended 10,000 Km in Diesel Fluidic Verna ? Do you believe purely in the fact that it can enhance the Engine Life ?
I change it every 10000kms or 1 year. As per the manual, they recommend 10000Kms/1 year for normal conditions, and 5000Kms/6 months for severe use conditions - so I would go with that.

Though the manual doesn't mandate an oil change during the 1st free service - I did change the oil. team-bhp recommends an oil change during the 1st free service too. I've seen a noticeable improvement in refinement after that.
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 21:16   #79
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 44
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Thanks Bhpians, Replies to the Query Much appreciated. Actually what i had in my mind is linked to my previous Ownership. I had previously owned Accent CRDI 2003 Model of which i changed the Engine Rings at 1.25 Lac Km and Engine Overhaul at 1.70 Lac Km which to me was Early. so i just had in mind that if i Increase the Oil change Frequency from 10k to 5k may be i can prolong the Engine Life. Though i have read the manual it says 10k duration but that was the case for Accent Crdi too so had my apprehensions . Thanks
honey_starhoney is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 21:58   #80
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 44
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Hello Fellow readers just want an advice on the correct Tyre pressure for 2015 4s Fluidic Verna. The recommended Tyre pressure is 33 psi in all four tyres. But my concern is that I have upgraded my tyres to 205 55 R16 Michelin primacy 3st on stock alloys. Now I assume that the Tyre pressure is according to the load (weight) of the the car and change in the size of the Tyres should not affect the Manufacturer recommendation and I should carry on with 33 psi. But the problem is that if I keep 33 psi in all four tyres the ride becomes a bit hard and even small path holes are felt quite hard on the car but if the pressure is decreased to 32psi in all the tyres the ride becomes quite smooth and same path holes seem less intrusive. So please guide me as what is the correct Tyre pressure for 205 55 R16 Hyundai verna 2015 1.6 diesel, this confusion is eating up my mind every time I ride the car. Regards
honey_starhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 09:31   #81
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 330
Thanked: 347 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
Now I assume that the Tyre pressure is according to the load (weight) of the the car and change in the size of the Tyres should not affect the Manufacturer recommendation and I should carry on with 33 psi
That's not correct. Tyre contact area could change based on geometry and stiffness of the sidewall/rubber! So 33 psi may no longer be correct.
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 09:51   #82
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 44
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

So @pearljam what you think the pressure should be in tyres now after upgrading to 205/55/R16? Thanks
honey_starhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 13:03   #83
BHPian
 
autotranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyd, Thrissur
Posts: 302
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

My Verna 4S is now around 30 months old. Not too happy with the suspension noises ; nothing major but there are these irritating creaking noises while going over speed bumps or potholes. Have you guys changed the bushes on the lower arm as yet ?
autotranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 08:38   #84
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 330
Thanked: 347 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Not too happy with the suspension noises ; nothing major but there are these irritating creaking noises while going over speed bumps or potholes. Have you guys changed the bushes on the lower arm as yet ?
My Verna is also around 30 months old. I changed my bushes last month under warranty. I was facing the same issue you mentioned, only in the morning, only for the first 10 minutes, and sometimes only when there were no passengers sitting in the front . I'm not sure if it's the lower arm, but 2 bushes were changed. Absolutely no creaking noises after that, and the car feels "tight" again on the humps.
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 08:47   #85
BHPian
 
autotranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hyd, Thrissur
Posts: 302
Thanked: 217 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
My Verna is also around 30 months old. I changed my bushes last month under warranty. I was facing the same issue you mentioned, only in the morning, only for the first 10 minutes, and sometimes only when there were no passengers sitting in the front . I'm not sure if it's the lower arm, but 2 bushes were changed. Absolutely no creaking noises after that, and the car feels "tight" again on the humps.
Thanks. Exactly the same, either for the first 10 minutes or when I'm driving alone is when this is magnified. Btw, did you have an extended warranty, that covered this replacement.
autotranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 08:56   #86
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 330
Thanked: 347 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Btw, did you have an extended warranty, that covered this replacement.
Yes, so both bushes and labour were not charged. If you have warranty, don't ask whether bushes are covered, etc. Simply say that you want it changed under warranty. Since the bushes come under "wear and tear" category, they may try to resist.
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:49   #87
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 44
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Hello Members need advice on the 2015 Verna 4s CRDI rear Negative Camber . I feel the rear Tyres of my car are slightly bent inwards which depicts negative camber, but as this car has a torsion beam axle in the rear, the rear alignment is not adjustable. I also got it checked at the ASC of Hyundai and they say the alignment figures are according to the specification. Actually my concern is that this negative camber would affect the Tyre wear pattern and inner sidewall of rear tyres would wear more. Please clear my doubt that do all Verna 4s 2015 crdi models have slightly negative camber at the rear.

Regards

Last edited by GTO : 3rd April 2018 at 09:37. Reason: Poor language & grammar
honey_starhoney is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 3rd April 2018, 10:02   #88
BHPian
 
drive2eternity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 285
Thanked: 941 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
Hello Members need advice on the 2015 Verna 4s CRDI rear Negative Camber . I feel the rear Tyres of my car are slightly bent inwards which depicts negative camber, but as this car has a torsion beam axle in the rear, the rear alignment is not adjustable. I also got it checked at the ASC of Hyundai and they say the alignment figures are according to the specification. Actually my concern is that this negative camber would affect the Tyre wear pattern and inner sidewall of rear tyres would wear more. Please clear my doubt that do all Verna 4s 2015 crdi models have slightly negative camber at the rear.

Regards
Hello,

I checked the readings taken by Tyre Empire Bangalore when I had got my car's last alignment done (a few months ago).
It seems negative rear chamber is indeed present in all Vernas. In fact, even the target data for rear camber is -1.30 +/- .30

Hope this is helpful.

Regards.

PS : Unable to reply to your PM.
drive2eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2018, 09:43   #89
BHPian
 
PearlJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 330
Thanked: 347 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
I feel the rear Tyres of my car are slightly bent inwards which depicts negative camber, but as this car has a torsion beam axle in the rear, the rear alignment is not adjustable. I also got it checked at the ASC of Hyundai and they say the alignment figures are according to the specification. Actually my concern is that this negative camber would affect the Tyre wear pattern and inner sidewall of rear tyres would wear more. Please clear my doubt that do all Verna 4s 2015 crdi models have slightly negative camber at the rear.

Regards
I guess you meant the part touching the ground is "bent outwards" - that's what negative camber is. See http://www.turnology.com/tech-storie...ke-you-faster/

A -1 to -2 camber is standard, from what I read. I just saw my wheel alignment report, and the recommended value for rear camber is -1.30 0.30. So as long as your wheel alignment report shows your value in this range, you should be fine.

I haven't observed any uneven wear after 30k Kms.
PearlJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you think of the *new* Team-BHP Search Refinement Labels? GTO Shifting gears 5 20th March 2012 22:25
Indica V2 refinement history karikrishni Technical Stuff 2 14th November 2009 23:20
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Petrol used in your car - Power, refinement and mileage perspective! gigatech2006 Technical Stuff 6 13th September 2007 17:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks