Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd December 2016, 23:34   #76
BHPian

Default Re: My Hyundai Verna 4S CRDi 1.6 SX - Refinement, and some more!

Hello Friends i just need your take on whether one should get the Engine Oil changed after every 5000 km instead of Recommended 10,000 Km in Diesel Fluidic Verna ? Do you believe purely in the fact that it can enhance the Engine Life ? All Comments For and Against are Welcome .
Warm Regards
honey_starhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 05:38   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
...whether one should get the Engine Oil changed after every 5000 km instead of Recommended 10,000 Km in Diesel Fluidic Verna ? Do you believe purely in the fact that it can enhance the Engine Life ?...
It primarily depends on the type of conditions you drive in. If it's too much B2B city traffic, it's better to get this replaced (assuming it's mineral oil). Some also follow a 7500 km interval.

For my Swift D, I always followed a 10K interval on mineral oil (my B2B city rides were not much) and was given a feedback that the internals were pristine even at 90K kms. 5000 may be a bit too early if but there are guys on the forum who pamper their rides this much.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 08:52   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey_starhoney View Post
I just need your take on whether one should get the Engine Oil changed after every 5000 km instead of Recommended 10,000 Km in Diesel Fluidic Verna ? Do you believe purely in the fact that it can enhance the Engine Life ?
I change it every 10000kms or 1 year. As per the manual, they recommend 10000Kms/1 year for normal conditions, and 5000Kms/6 months for severe use conditions - so I would go with that.

Though the manual doesn't mandate an oil change during the 1st free service - I did change the oil. team-bhp recommends an oil change during the 1st free service too. I've seen a noticeable improvement in refinement after that.
PearlJam is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 21:16   #79
BHPian

Thanks Bhpians, Replies to the Query Much appreciated. Actually what i had in my mind is linked to my previous Ownership. I had previously owned Accent CRDI 2003 Model of which i changed the Engine Rings at 1.25 Lac Km and Engine Overhaul at 1.70 Lac Km which to me was Early. so i just had in mind that if i Increase the Oil change Frequency from 10k to 5k may be i can prolong the Engine Life. Though i have read the manual it says 10k duration but that was the case for Accent Crdi too so had my apprehensions . Thanks
honey_starhoney is offline   Reply With Quote