Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd October 2016, 19:54   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ownership Review: Skoda Octavia Combi 1.6L TDI DSG

It's been more than 6 months since I last updated this thread. Meanwhile, the car has covered an additional 5000km, including a 5-week "rest" period while we were in India for our vacation. Since I used up all my vacation for our trip to India, we did not have any long road trips this summer.

I was worried about leaving the car unused for 5 weeks, but I need not have worried. The car sprang back to life at the first crank.

A couple of weeks back, the oil change service reminder popped up, indicating that oil change is needed in 29 days. I booked a service appointment the next day and the first available date was the 20th of October. While booking, the service centre gave information about several extra (paid) services like pick-up and drop, interior/exterior cleaning, replacement car etc. I ordered interior cleaning along with service. I also asked them to check the noise from dashboard which had become quite audible and frequent.

On the day of the appointment, I took the car to the service station at about 8:30am, parked it and went to the reception. They already had the details of my appointment with them. They confirmed the details and my contact details and took the car key. They said they would text me when the car is ready. No meeting the SA or explaining anything to him.

By about 4:30pm, I received their text as promised. At the service centre, I approached the reception. They asked my car's registration number and when I gave it, the guy there had a sheet of paper with him with the details. He informed me that oil change was done, they had changed the key battery (I had a warning in MID to change the key battery) and also changed the wipers. About the noise from the dashboard, he told me that the technician found two noises. He had done something about one of them, but didn't have time to fix the other. He said I could book another appointment later if the noise persists. He then handed over the car key to me. I wondered what would've happened if some crook had walked into the service centre and given the number of one of the cars parked there as his own car

That was it for the first service, without having met any technician. The service was done with just above 15550km on the odo and exactly 19 months after taking delivery.

From the odo, they had done a test drive during the service for about 12km.

The interior was very clean, they had done a good job there.

Post-service, I don't feel much difference in the way the car drives. I don't hope for any increase in FE post-service, since it has become cold and the FE will soon nose-dive. I just hope it won't dive as low as the 8.37km/l on a full tank that I once did last time.
StarrySky is offline   Reply With Quote